Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (64779 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 9:36am On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel:

So she did not die ?? Wow.

In fact let me take it further and say Catholics practice necromancy when they pray to the dead and worship the dead.
i asked a question, if u do not know d ans pls keep shut.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by naptu2: 9:43am On Mar 22, 2013
Hahahahahahahahaha! cheesy

It's mainly arrogant people who believe that they are the only ones that will make heaven and everyone else will go to hell.

"On the last day 3 things will shock you.

1) Some people who you believe will go to heaven will actually go to hell.

2) Some people who you believe will go to hell will actually go to heaven.

3) You might also go to heaven.

Condemn no one".

4 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 9:44am On Mar 22, 2013
gree-die:

i asked a question, if u do not know d ans pls keep shut.

Did the bible say anything about the death of any of the female disciples nor the rest of the disciples apart from the direct 12? does it mean the rest didn't die too since the bible didn't say anything about them?

11 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Acidosis(m): 9:48am On Mar 22, 2013
honeric01:

Did the bible say anything about the death of any of the female disciples nor the rest of the disciples apart from the direct 12? does it mean the rest didn't die too since the bible didn't say anything about them?

lol... I just tire...

We only know about two men in the bible.
Enoch & Elijah
cool

3 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 9:50am On Mar 22, 2013
honeric01:

i take it u dont know ....i hope i meet dis thread in d evening. Til den
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 9:50am On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis:

lol... I just tire...

We only know about two men in the bible.
Enoch & Elijah
cool

And why did they single out only Mary and not the rest of the disciples?

Jesus specifically mentioned it in the bible "I AM THE WAY, TRUTH AND LIFE, NO MAN COMMETH TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME" any other way is no way and there's NO WHERE IN THE BIBLE IT WAS STATED THAT MARY HAS ANY INTERCESSORY POWERS TO HELP US PASS OUR SUPPLICATIONS TO JESUS NOR GOD.

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 9:53am On Mar 22, 2013
gree-die:

i take it u dont know ....i hope i meet dis thread in d evening. Til den

WoW, is this all you've got to say? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Why evening? you want Chukwudi44 to come to your aide or what?

Maybe you want to pray to Mary first in order to reveal to you what to say or where in the bible it was recorded that Mary, the female disciples and the rest of the disciples didn't die, only the 12 died.

Let me tell you something, if Jesus hadn't risen, we wouldn't have had anything like Christianity nor direct access to God, we'd have remained like the Muslims and the Jews.

4 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 22, 2013
honeric01:

Maybe you want to pray to Mary first in order to reveal to you what to say or where in the bible it was recorded that Mary, the female disciples and the rest of the disciples didn't die, only the 12 died.

Let me tell you something, if Jesus hadn't risen, we wouldn't have had anything like Christianity nor direct access to God, we'd have remained like the Muslims and the Jews.

100% correct to the bolded.

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 9:59am On Mar 22, 2013
honeric01:

lol.... far from dat.
I can do good all by myself, i did yester.

Perhaps u r idle at d moment, im not. I ve to secure my future.

U wanna beat me? Get ur instrumants ready, i ll be back.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 10:07am On Mar 22, 2013
gree-die:

lol.... far from dat.
I can do good all by myself, i did yester.

Perhaps u r idle at d moment, im not. I ve to secure my future.

U wanna beat me? Get ur instrumants ready, i ll be back.

Beat you? we're not competing, rather we are here to filter out lies from the truth. Christianity needs to be practiced the right way.

I'm not idle even though you're trying to insult me, but i am working online and my future is secured in Christ Jesus!

8 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Oahray: 10:09am On Mar 22, 2013
Hmmm... Has anyone ever been converted in a Nairaland religious argument? Most times it ends with one or both sides hurling insults. I don't see how it's going to change on this thread. Few things are harder to change than deeply entrenched religious beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 10:14am On Mar 22, 2013
honeric01:

Beat you? we're not competing, rather we are here to filter out lies from the truth. Christianity needs to be practiced the right way.

I'm not idle even though you're trying to insult me, but i am working online and my future is secured in Christ Jesus!

trying to go all churchy on me, are you? Lol i know u know wat i meant, u just tryin to twist.

I take it you, honerico, and your lot, know d ryt way christianity should be practised? Ilaugh. Abeg im off
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 10:20am On Mar 22, 2013
gree-die:

trying to go all churchy on me, are you? Lol i know u know wat i meant, u just tryin to twist.

I take it you, honerico, and your lot, know d ryt way christianity should be practised? Ilaugh. Abeg im off

All churchy or all christianed? which one?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 10:20am On Mar 22, 2013
Oahray: Hmmm... Has anyone ever been converted in a Nairaland religious argument? Most times it ends with one or both sides hurling insults. I don't see how it's going to change on this thread. Few things are harder to change than deeply entrenched religious beliefs.
i wonder.
If their aim is to convert me, den dey need a lecture on how to set achievable goals.
I aint trying to change dem. To each his own.

Wat i dont understand is why u ple cant leave well enuf alone. Twistin d bible to suit ur motives, interpretin it accordin to ur level of ignorance. Smh

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 22, 2013
This is a picture of adeboye acting as a mediator between Jesus and Pres Jonathan.A sure proof of the hypocrisy of penterascals

5 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 10:30am On Mar 22, 2013
gree-die:

i wonder.
If their aim is to convert me, den dey need a lecture on how to set achievable goals.
I aint trying to change dem. To each his own.

Wat i dont understand is why u ple cant leave well enuf alone. Twistin d bible to suit ur motives, interpretin it accordin to ur level of ignorance. Smh

You're yet to answer my questions, you said you're not idle and too busy to reply me, yet you are responding to trivia comments.

SMH sad
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 10:32am On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44: This is a picture of adeboye acting as a mediator between Jesus and Pres Jonathan.A sure proof of the hypocrisy of penterascals

Only for people who believe in this rubbish, we have alot of foolish "christians" but do not mistake everyone to be the same. what does Pentecostalism even mean?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 22, 2013
The fool who created this thread should modify this title except he intends to produce evidence of anywhere claiming all knees must bowl @ the mention of the name of Mary.No one to my knowlege has ever made this claim!! This title is insultive to the mother of Jesus
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 22, 2013
^^^^

PAGAN Stufffffffffffffffffffff

5 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 10:36am On Mar 22, 2013
@ chukwudi44

How is he a fool for asking questions? Jesus himself said those who practice and Follow God the right way are his mother/brothers. even if he's insulting "Mary", let Jesus worry about that or do you want to go the violent way of some fanatic Muslims?

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 22, 2013
honeric01:

And why did they single out only Mary and not the rest of the disciples?

Jesus specifically mentioned it in the bible "I AM THE WAY, TRUTH AND LIFE, NO MAN COMMETH TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME" any other way is no way and there's NO WHERE IN THE BIBLE IT WAS STATED THAT MARY HAS ANY INTERCESSORY POWERS TO HELP US PASS OUR SUPPLICATIONS TO JESUS NOR GOD.

Did the bible ask us to pray for one another ? Yes or no

Have you ever prayed for another person yes or no

Has anyone ever prayed for you ? Yes or no
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 10:39am On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

Did the bible ask us to pray for one another ? Yes or no

Have you ever prayed for another person yes or no

Has anyone ever prayed for you ? Yes or no

Yes, the bible asked us to pray for one another but no where was it written that we should pray to dead bodies/people.

Yes, i have prayed for living people and i have asked living people to pray for me when my faith is not enough.

A living brethren is different from a dead brethren. ([b]Hence the reason the Resurrection of Jesus Christ was/is so important to our faith) why are you not asking the rest of the 70 dead disciples and millions of dead believers to pray for you?[/b]

3 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 22, 2013
Acidosis:
Biggest lie in History!

The blood that flows through a man is that of the father, not the mother (go for a blood test if you doubt).
The blood that flows through Jesus is from above (God), not Mary's.. lil wonder he passed through a virgin, so no one on earth will claim HIM not even the husband of Mary.

..and yes, he took the "flesh" from Mary! But the Flesh died over 2000years ago.
He took the form of a man so he could fulfill the prophecy of death & resurrection.. He came to die for us including Mary the earthly mother (cos she'd have landed in hell had it been she failed to accept him (Jesus) as her Lord and personal saviour).

The way you guys make much noise in worship about Mary sounds like Mary is the wife of God, and Jesus is the 'small child' of Mary grin

I dey wait for the judgement day cheesy

You are the biggest fool in history? Does God have flesh and blood? How could he have passed down his 'flesh and blood' to Jesus and is God a descendant of david as roman 1:3 says?

How is the messiah a descendant of david? How was this prophesy fulfiLled ?

Did I hear you say Jesus flesh died 2000 yrs ago?so in essense jesus flesh did not resurrect with his divinity? Are you implying his flesh suffered corruption?

5 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 22, 2013
^^^^

sshh , stop getting excited and remain on point,

Why do you pray to the dead and bow before their statues, do you call this nonsense Christianity ?

5 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 22, 2013
honeric01:

Yes, the bible asked us to pray for one another but no where was it written that we should pray to dead bodies/people.

Yes, i have prayed for living people and i have asked living people to pray for me when my faith is not enough.

A living brethren is different from a dead brethren. ([b]Hence the reason the Resurrection of Jesus Christ was/is so important to our faith) why are you not asking the rest of the 70 dead disciples and millions of dead believers to pray for you?[/b]

Did jesus ever say the dead in christ are alive? Yes or no?

Did moses who died in deut not appear to Jesus,peter,james and John ? Yes or no

Did elisha raise a dead man from the dead even in 'death' yes or no?
Did samuel prophesy sauls death from the grave ? Yes or no

I don't blame you ignoramuses,I blame your forefathers who in a bid to satisfy their crazy doctrines did remove 7 books from your incomplete bible.if not you would have seen how the jewish warrior Judas macabees was shown the vision of jeremiah praying for the jewish nation in haeven.

3 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Oahray: 10:57am On Mar 22, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

PAGAN Stufffffffffffffffffffff
lol... Pics can only change the mind of unbiased onlooker, not one who is busy tagging everyone a fool in the most hateful manner possible. I think it's a defensive mechanism though.

For me (with Bible backing), using an image of whoever or whatever, kneeling or bowing down to it as part of worship (especially when praying) to God is idolatory. Pray only to God, THROUGH Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 10:57am On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44:

Did jesus ever say the dead in christ are alive? Yes or no?

Did moses who died in deut not appear to Jesus,peter,james and John ? Yes or no

Did elisha raise a dead man from the dead even in 'death' yes or no?
Did samuel prophesy sauls death from the grave ? Yes or no

I don't blame you ignoramuses,I blame your forefathers who in a bid to satisfy their crazy doctrines did remove 7 books from your incomplete bible.if not you would have seen how the jewish warrior Judas macabees was shown the vision of jeremiah praying for the jewish nation in haeven.

You're beating around the bush

why are you not asking the rest of the 70 dead disciples and millions of dead believers to pray for you?
why did they single out only Mary and not the rest of the disciples?

In Jesus's prayer, where was it written that we should pray to mary to ask Jesus to answer us?

Where in the bible was it written?

Just help me with this and i'd understand where you're coming from.

Ghost appearing to people is not new and not just a "bible" thing, even pagans have ghost appearing to them, so are you now comparing Christian worship to that of Pagans?

You sound angry because the lies are being unraveled. so you mean 7 books were removed from the bible? who removed it and do you mind showing us the complete bible you have?

Who are your forefathers that removed it?

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 22, 2013
honeric01:

You're beating around the bush

why are you not asking the rest of the 70 dead disciples and millions of dead believers to pray for you?
why did they single out only Mary and not the rest of the disciples?

In Jesus's prayer, where was it written that we should pray to mary to ask Jesus to answer us?

Where in the bible was it written?

Just help me with this and i'd understand where you're coming from.

Ghost appearing to people is not new and not just a "bible" thing, even pagans have ghost appearing to them, so are you now comparing Christian worship to that of Pagans?

exactly.

The whole Mary thing is 100% Baal and Pagan worship.

3 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Oahray: 11:06am On Mar 22, 2013
But honestly, one who accepts the Trinity doctrine cannot rightly fault this doctrine of the Intercession of Mary. I guess the logic is: "if Jesus is the same as his Almighty Father, then Mary is the mother of the Almighty, and therefore should be prayed to".

The false Trinity doctrine is at the root of all this. BTW is the trinitarian 'God' that hardhearted that his 'mother' has to beg for us before he hears?

2 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 22, 2013
Luke 20:36-38

New International Version (NIV)

36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection. 37 But in the account of the burning bush, even Moses showed that the dead rise, for he calls the Lord ‘the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’[a] 38 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive.

Jesus have said it all Mary is not dead but alive !! She is in heaven and in a far better position to pray for me than adeboye or honeric or frosbel
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Oahray: 11:14am On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44: Luke 20:36-38

36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection. 37 But in the account of the burning bush, even Moses showed that the dead rise, for he calls the Lord ‘the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’[a] 38 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive.

Jesus have said it all Mary is not dead but alive !! She is in heaven and in a far better position to pray for me than adeboye or honeric or frosbel
I'd skip the fallacious untruth in your post so it doesn't lead to derailing.

How does this your argument even justify kneeling in front of a statue of her and addressing her in something we call 'prayer to God'?

If you address someone in a prayer, you are praying TO him or her. In a nutshell, you kneel in front of an image representing Mary, praying TO her to pray FOR you.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 22, 2013
chukwudi44: Luke 20:36-38

Wrong.

The resurrection has not happened, indeed when it happens we will be like the angels, until then , the dead are dead.

For example, Jesus was speaking to the apostles when he said :

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." - John 14:3

What do we expect at the resurrection which happens at the end of the age ? Lets correlate the statement made by Daniel and Jesus.

"Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt." - Daniel 12:2

and

" Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned." - John 5:29

Mary is also waiting for the resurrection , she is not praying for anyone, stop this PAGAN rubbish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Prophet Ebelenna Chukwu Sprays Money Non Stop At A Wedding / Peller: 'TB Joshua, Oyakhilome Use Charms To Perform Miracles' / Apostle Suleman Embarrassed In Canada Church Service. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.