Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms (25659 Views)

Naira Exchange Rates Today / A Cry to Ncc to Please Stop Phone Checking of Bvn. My Personal Opinion / GSM Operators Under Pressure As Economic Crisis Hits Telecoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Capnd143(m): 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2013
the last i checked NCC seems to be be the only active government parastatal in this country! Ok lets do the swap! NCC FOR 2015!! Vote NCC for 2015
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Youngpo413: 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2013
kla: Good development...i'm expecting the price of garri to come down to #70 per congo

Guy I don laugh taya,which kind person u be sef.
Lol.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Bgino(m): 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2013
so if i use mtn to call mtn who will pay for the connection rate..me:
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2013
Bgino: so if i use mtn to call mtn who will pay for the connection rate..me:
na me go pay b4?

1 Like

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Youngpo413: 4:45pm On Mar 24, 2013
Good for people wey still dey pay for calls nowadays,with my internet telephone,I make local and international calls with my unlimited mb.
I.e somehow free of charge,except the mb which is nothing to me.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2013
hopeyemmy: You are not entirely right. Airtel 2good classic and Glo Gbam offer calls as low as 18k/sec to all networks with N5 daily access charge. One doesn't need to buy data bundle to enjoy any of these packages. With that said, going by the current interconnection rate of N8.20, a margin of between N2-N3(10.80-8.20) is what technically obtains, with the assumption that the daily access charge is spread over all calls one makes in a day. So, with this new development(interconnection rate at N4.90) and going by the existing margins, I don't see how any of these operators will charge as high as N15 for a minute call.
Between N7-N8/min seems logical for a minute call.

u missed the part in my post that centred on 'condition'

the package u're talking about is with a condition.

Im talking about a non conditioned package. its N18 per minute. Thats what i pay presently
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by bodee(m): 5:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
dapie: bros u have not explained it clearly. is it 6.40 kobo/minute on net .if it is what about off net.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by wengerjay(m): 5:27pm On Mar 24, 2013
rezzy: To be frank, i did not understand it after reading. I no go school oooo
You had better call a friend preferably one working wit mtn,or go for 50/50 if available,audience no fi answer u correctly o.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by searay(m): 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2013
Abeg Power Holders Company of Nigeria(PHCN) don hear this one?
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2013
tonyx4x44: This ncc people dey try o! Abeg make una drop data to 100box for 1gig
lol lol lol, it will be 3much ooo n100 4 1gig? kai
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by DrTony1(m): 5:31pm On Mar 24, 2013
Young po413: Good for people wey still dey pay for calls nowadays,with my internet telephone,I make local and international calls with my unlimited mb.
My Oga how does it work, pls contact me, make we reason:smilingtony4real@yahoo.com
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 24, 2013
I realised the part u mentioned condition. Even at that, the N5 daily access charge is fixed and does not vary with calls made. Paying N18/min isn't economical when, without buying any data bundle, one can make calls for as low as 18k/sec to all networks with Airtel 2good classic, which is not promo based. With 2good classic, N100 airtime will afford a subscriber at least 8 minutes and 40 seconds of call to any network(N100-N5=95/10.80), while the package of 18/min affords one less than 6 minutes of call with the same airtime.
If Airtel is to maintain this existing 2good classic, and with the new interconnection rate, I forsee call/min dropping to between N7-N8. See, it's all about having a good understanding of the various packages a network offers and taking a good advantage of it. Cheers.
toba: u missed the part in my post that centred on 'condition'

the package u're talking about is with a condition.

Im talking about a non conditioned package. its N18 per minute. Thats what i pay presently
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by yomip3t(m): 5:38pm On Mar 24, 2013
They should reduce the call tariffs to N2 per minutes and provide good wi-fi connectivity in the country.
After 100yrs , we still dey open one webpage for 3minutes... TOO BAD !!!!
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by yomip3t(m): 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
Young po413: Good for people wey still dey pay for calls nowadays,with my internet telephone,I make local and international calls with my unlimited mb.

Let's discuss naw broda.
orekoyayomi@yahoo.com
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by omenka(m): 5:55pm On Mar 24, 2013
Wonder how all these good news nowadays would make Ernest Ndukwe feel.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by BluStreak(m): 6:08pm On Mar 24, 2013
tivta:
It is N 6.40 per minute divided by 60seconds will give you about 10kobo per second but opperators need at least N2 naira margin thats why the will charge nothing less than N9 naira per minute aka 15 kobö per second.

Very on-point. Na dis guy understand ∂єÿ thing wella. The rate declared by NCC is not d rate networks will charge, that's just d interconnect rates. Then networks are bound to add their own marging. It will not hurt them in anyway cos the upcoming price regime will see a surge is volume of calls across all the network. In trading, they will say higher turnover.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by steffans(m): 6:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
bid4rich: Good news to ALL MIDNIGHT CALLERS, At least una go dey sleep well well now. grin grin grin

Ppl Still do dat?? Wow....
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by antontech(m): 6:48pm On Mar 24, 2013
This NCC is really dealing with network providers.Thumbsup
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by binhozie(m): 6:50pm On Mar 24, 2013
Sagytarius°:
Bros na lie o. Nor be wetin e mean.
Wetin e mean be say if u dey call pipu wen dey yuz network wen jus enta d biznes, na 6nera u go pay; nor be 4nera as u tok.
And den, if u dey call pipu wen dey yuz network wen don tey for d bizness, na 4nera u go pay. Shek wel.
Ai fi' dey rong sha. undecided

Omo the Original Post big grammar full am but this your own interpretation na war...I go manage OP
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by otipoju(m): 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2013
toba: you guys need to understand what this really means before u start jumping for joy.

with the interconnect rate pegged at N4.90, this means MTN, Airtel Etisalat and Glo can still charge whatever they like on top of the N4.90. for instance if i use an Airtel line to call Glo, what i'll pay for a minute is N4.90&+airtel's profit and it could be N4.90+N10 or N20.

What NCC should have done is to establish a limit the operators cannot go above.

Presently if i call MTN,Glo, Etisalat etc with my Airtel line, i pay N18 for one minute with the interconnect rate presently at N8.2. If u deduct N8.2 from N18, it means Airtel presently makes a gross profit of N9.8 on every Minute call i make.

with the interconnect rate to be brought done, just deduct N3.3 from N18, u'll have N14.7 to pay.

This also applies to other network.

Thats what this policy means by my own understanding...........
Then your understanding is functional. I just dey laugh since at the comprehension of the early posters especially the guy who went to great lengths to explain to the first man who admitted that he could not understand the info. That's why it is dangerous to copy for exam...exam script can be full of rubish.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by debedebe(m): 7:39pm On Mar 24, 2013
1st of April? Hope say no be April fool...
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by asudan: 7:49pm On Mar 24, 2013
BluStreak:

Very on-point. Na dis guy understand ∂єÿ thing wella. The rate declared by NCC is not d rate networks will charge, that's just d interconnect rates. Then networks are bound to add their own marging. It will not hurt them in anyway cos the upcoming price regime will see a surge is volume of calls across all the network. In trading, they will say higher turnover.
u r rite bro. Mtn wouldn't not reduce it yet until they feel the heat.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by jrhymes(m): 8:04pm On Mar 24, 2013
Dis is very interesting. Pray it is being implemented as stipulated.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by shadelek(m): 8:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
tivta: Talk is finally becoming cheap. 15kobo per second coming soon.
bro u kno go skul or u kno do mathematics? 15kobo per secs na 9 naira per minute. Its too much. Why not 2kobo per secs after all this money wey dem don realize on us
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Willgates(m): 8:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
Red-Light:
OK

*switching to pidging* it mean say una no go dey call for big big rate dem again

u go dey pay shikini money wey dey as low as 6naira to call any network u want for naija

and other network wey never get much power or wey just they enter the business for naija and never reach the level wey the big ones deys go
dey do am for 4naira to encourage people to their network

u get am now?

N6 wetin? Per minute? undecided
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by speaktome(m): 8:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
I pray dat 1 ghana must go ful of 20 20 naira wil not mak d NCC 2 change dia mind
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Jesuspikin87(m): 8:33pm On Mar 24, 2013
They shud work on the bundle plans too....

1 Like

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 24, 2013
Datz nice o
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by try69: 9:30pm On Mar 24, 2013
Hungry gehs! Time to stop flashing grin grin grin grin
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
I want sth like dis

#500 = 100MB

#1000 = 500MB

DEN I WILL BE HAPPY
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by ekmike(m): 10:27pm On Mar 24, 2013
Nice one frm NCC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UBA Appoints Oliver Alawuba As New GMD / Bet9ja Virtual Soccer Cheat / Want To Build A Successful Online Business? See How To Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.