Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms (25663 Views)

Naira Exchange Rates Today / A Cry to Ncc to Please Stop Phone Checking of Bvn. My Personal Opinion / GSM Operators Under Pressure As Economic Crisis Hits Telecoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Ademab(m): 10:28pm On Mar 24, 2013
this one wey una dey argue like dis. "LEMME EDUCATE U." na him we just dey see. why not keep your ignoraqnce till the programme is implemented then you will have a better understanding of the whole package. and to think that some peeps are already thinking that the call rates will drop to N4.50k to all network makes the oga at the top @ mtn start thinking of packing his baggage to nairobi
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by LeJeun3: 10:28pm On Mar 24, 2013
toba: Not correct at all mr.

let me educate u on how Airtel charges.

If u buy any internet bundle from 200mb every month, i.e paying N1000 for the data plan, your tarrif automatically drops to N10.2 per minute on airtel. thats after you might have done something to get the offer for Just 30 days. As soon as u failed to renew after the 30 days, u'll start paying N18 per minute for calls to other network. For those that doesnt buy data plans from Airtel, they pay N18 per minute anything any day. Anything lesser than N18 is promo based, which is attached to a condition

Learnin something: what of with the daily access fee?? N5
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Vincent41(m): 11:06pm On Mar 24, 2013
Red-Light:
OK

*switching to pidging* it mean say una no go dey call for big big rate dem again

u go dey pay shikini money wey dey as low as 6naira to call any network u want for naija

and other network wey never get much power or wey just they enter the business for naija and never reach the level wey the big ones deys go
dey do am for 4naira to encourage people to their network

u get am now?

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha...alugh wan kill me
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by bolaige: 11:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
For instance.,if i use my mtn line to cal anoda mtn line,wud d interconnect charges stil imply since its on same ntwrk..?
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by bolaige: 11:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
For instance.,if i use my mtn line to cal anoda mtn line,wud d interconnect charges stil apply since its on same ntwrk..?
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by ade77ade(m): 12:18am On Mar 25, 2013
I read in a book sometimes ago that the rich will always get richer and vice versa,when ever there is a blockage of normal flow of income for the rich they will always device another means to make more profit. Reading in between the lines of this publication I see we nigerians loosing more! Ask me Why....In recent time @ least for over a year now the rate @ which we use data plans has increased geometrically,has anybody been able to put a tab on how much is charged per kilobyte of very webpage we access via our mobile devices or the computers?, has any one put pen to paper to calculate this?.
It will definitely surprise you if you do the maths,Most telcoms organizations has switched to enriching themselves with this...so NCC there is still more! Or did they bargain on something from it cos it has never been mentioned. #SMH#
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by DonCmos: 2:58am On Mar 25, 2013
dedons: They should warn that useless airtel to abide by the charges,especially their browsing charges.
Airtel has the cheapest call rate now... @N6 i.e 10k/s to same network and N12 i.e 20k/s to other networks. Tell MTN to try that, fafafa...fowl!!!!!

NCC is just trying to do there Job now. The next should be the power companies to regulate tariffs.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by DonaldGenes(m): 6:03am On Mar 25, 2013
rezzy: To be frank, i did not understand it after reading. I no go school oooo

Lmao!!!!
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Pato30(m): 6:24am On Mar 25, 2013
The worst network this days is 'em-phty-hen', they have been stealing frm us with there bad network.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Yarn2me(m): 6:27am On Mar 25, 2013
Hurray... Imagine before now... I get 4 lines... Mtn, @glo @airtel and @etisalat... So i have to drop ma least favourites and stick with just two...hmmmm...lets go there...
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by rman: 7:28am On Mar 25, 2013
What NCC have reduced is the interconnect rate.

All operators pay interconnect rate when a calls from their network is conected to aother network eg MTN to GLO, ETISALAT to AIRTEL.

It used to be arround 8 Naira per minute and now it is 6 Naira per minute.

Most opeartors make at least 2 naira per minute on each call ( within or outside their network )

What this simply means is that the operators can afford to make inter network calls less than 10 naira if they want to.

Calls will not be 6 naira o, unless you are only making intra network calls.
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by Shefyl(m): 11:25am On Mar 25, 2013
Good development, no need of using many phones again
Re: NCC Releases Interconnect Rates For Telecoms by richiesluv(m): 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2013
Thanks 2 NCC for dis job weldone.I hope after dis victory they will help us 2 check into d internet service providers also because dis people are exploiting us.They shld make internet connections affordable 2 d common man.thnks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UBA Appoints Oliver Alawuba As New GMD / Bet9ja Virtual Soccer Cheat / Want To Build A Successful Online Business? See How To Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.