Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? (15009 Views)

Best Books You've Read This Year? / Chinua Achebe Publishes Biafran Memoir / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by azimibraun: 7:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
My condolence goes 2 talib kwali,the Roots and Damien junior Gong Marley.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2013
"when The Arrow of God Strikes, Things fall apart and we are NO LONGER At Ease"- Rest in peace Professor Achebe. sad
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by nikkyshyne(f): 8:03pm On Mar 22, 2013
None. Can't remember if I ever watched things fall apart.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
Chike and the river
A man of the people
Ant hill of the savannah
Things fall apart
Arrow of God...

Really loved reading his books..
RIP Chinua Achebe
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by deife(m): 8:26pm On Mar 22, 2013
lilo2hot: Joys of motherhood my favourite
Buchi Emecheta wrote it.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by magabounce(m): 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
no longer at ease, and things fall apart(ma best)
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Lakelarge(m): 8:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
cyril83: I've read Akrika and koto orun. Abi what are we discussing here?

Are Ur Wipers Touching The Screen?
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Lakelarge(m): 8:38pm On Mar 22, 2013

Written By Who?....What Of Joy Of Fatherhood? Funny Bones!
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by fruityjojo(f): 8:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things Fall Apart is one of d few african books nd d only Nigerian book dat made it up 2 CNN 100 top classics nd BBC books u must read b4 u die.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Sisom(f): 8:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
things
fall apart, chike and the river and there was a
country. But my best is and will remain there was a country. Rest in
peace Acebe
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by deife(m): 8:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
Emmafman1: without a silver spoon
Eddie Iroh wrote it.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by ckkris: 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mynd_44: None. But I saw some episodes of Things fall Apart on the old NTA. I found that boring as hell

Then which books did you read.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by pastandy(m): 8:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
Chike n d river
No longer at ease
Anthills of d savanah
My best of dem all, man of d people
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by koolpal(m): 8:54pm On Mar 22, 2013
A literary geniuse passes...
Like his works of art...
"When the Arrow of God strikes";
Things are 'No longer at ease;
For a man of the People...
THINGS FALL APART...
Girls at War...
Beware soul brothers...

Adieu ACHEBE
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by dominique(f): 8:59pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things fall apart and arrow of God

RIP professor Achebe sad
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by luvprince4real(m): 9:02pm On Mar 22, 2013
please can i get d book, THERE WAS A COUNTRY on the internet?
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Skenge98: 9:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things fall Apart, No Longer at ease, Arrow of God, Anthill of Savannah, Chike and the River,Beware soul brother, He wrote so many intreasted books that you will never get tired of reading. May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Neduzze5(m): 9:09pm On Mar 22, 2013
I read Chike and the river and I began writing short stories in an English setting.

I read Things fall Apart and 'ish', I went the traditional way.

Those were his two great books for me. Remain blessed Sir and don't bother yourself because in your stead, another Chinua Achebe is being raised. Guess who?

Me of course!!

2 Likes

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by okenwa101(m): 9:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
IHE AGBASAALA
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Soso990240(m): 9:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
Jst 3..Arrow of God,things fall apart,chike and the river.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by akigbemaru: 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
My was "There Was No Country!"
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Soso990240(m): 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
nikkyshyne: None. Can't remember if I ever watched things fall apart.
dn y comment? Dummy.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Shegman22(m): 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
Only things fall apart
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Ikengawo: 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things Fall apart and half way through No Longer At Ease
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Zonacom(m): 9:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
buchi emecheta
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by gbengalite(m): 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things fall apart and the continuation 'No longer at ease'...Good work
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by newacca: 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things fall apart.
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by CrownQ: 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
Things Fall Apart
A Man of The People
Anthills of the Savannah
Arrow of God
And his critic work on Conrad's
Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
There was once a country, the country was Biafra. Recognized by Haiti, and written about by Virgin's CEO Sir Richard Branson's editorial. My Dad lost his investments to the that war, I wasnt conceived even a decade after its upheaval but it richly affected my upbringing in the worst imaginable way, my family lost it all. I heard stories of woes from a Yoruba Sailor, a landlord of mine in my early days in Lagos, on how OBJ commanded them to bomb my territorial home, I will hardly forget OBJ, I will also not forget Ojukwu, both men were instrumental for my childhood deprivation. I hate to wish that the remaining of the men of old should just die off so we can have a better chapter in our national lives. RIP to the greatest African in Literary world. Chinua Achebe, I will never forget you, there was once a country that never was, truth, they say is bitter. History is your legacy.

1 Like

Re: Books By Chinua Achebe That You've Read? by Darey00(m): 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
Just two.
Things fall Apart and Chike and the river... Classics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NADIA AND ETHAN (marriage Contract Gone Wrong) / Reading Habits You Shouldn’t Take Into The New Year / My Pregnant Wife Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.