Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! - Jobs/Vacancies (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! (476695 Views)

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 11:37am On Aug 27, 2013
[quote author=eriam] grin grin Reading is a problem to some people oga Emma
grin
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by TemmyWon(f): 12:50pm On Aug 27, 2013
clemzo101: Dis is part of the requirement..........hehehehehehehe
Pls wht abt the ladies o, I no go fit scrape life outa ma head like that man! Funny tho, experienced peeps pls reply
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by mimzy007(f): 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2013
U shall scrap ur head but it not this bad. Hahaha!
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by mimzy007(f): 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2013
*Scrape *s
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by DaYoungOfficer: 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
joker5180: na 3rd wk we dey nah dnt u knw NA calendar dey differrent?

Guy different in wht aspect?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by DaYoungOfficer: 2:50pm On Aug 27, 2013
clemzo101: Dis is part of the requirement..........hehehehehehehe

@Clemzo nd Emma una no go kill me with laugh...
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by clemzo101(m): 2:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
DaYoungOfficer:

@Clemzo nd Emma una no go kill me with laugh...

How we go do na! Atleast to laugh and be happy is part of the waiting. God dey!
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Generalemperor: 4:59pm On Aug 27, 2013
Am missn out on d guz wt speculatn,pls cm up wt anoda 1 ,bcs u alwz cnt tell,d millitary work more wt speculatn,bcs u cn neva tell d rain dat wud fall in wud b a blessn 2 U,so u cn alwz stand ad get drenched by every rain drop

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Tstone1(m): 10:09pm On Aug 27, 2013
General emperor: Am missn out on d guz wt speculatn,pls cm up wt anoda 1 ,bcs u alwz cnt tell,d millitary work more wt speculatn,bcs u cn neva tell d rain dat wud fall in wud b a blessn 2 U,so u cn alwz stand ad get drenched by every rain drop
Xyxms, Almajiri, oya make una supply us now!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
T.stone:

Xyxms, Almajiri, oya make una supply us now!!!
Lol..... Chief Speculators

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by siina(m): 3:32am On Aug 28, 2013
New terms of service for armed forces out From Madu Onuorah, Abuja

DETAILS of the newly-signed Harmonised Terms and Conditions of Service (HTACOS) for personnel of the Nigerian military, which is expected to bring sweeping changes towards the
transformation and modernisation of the Armed Forces, have emerged.

HTACOS, which was approved by the Armed Forces Council, took effect following its signing by
outgoing Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Oluseyi Petinrin on July 10, 2012. It provides every officer of the military - Army, Navy and Air Force - with the specifics of the rules and regulations governing all issues, including recruitment, accommodation, promotion, retirements, resignations, death in active service, gratuities and benefits for depend ants, burial benefits, child education (dead or active service), medical treatment, pension and allowances. It also provides for what every officer should expect whether the personnel joined the military as Regular Combatant Commission (joined as cadet through the Nigerian Defence Academy) or through Direct Regular Commission, Direct Short Service Commission, Short Service Combatant Commission or the Executive/Special Duty/Branch Commission.

The aim is to have common terms and conditions of service in the three services - Army, Navy and Air Force, moving away from the former order where these terms and condition of service
differed among the Services. Highlight of the HTACOS is that when fully implemented, retirement age in the military would be different from other personnel of the Federal Government. For now, the military is bound to retire its officers on their completion of 35 years of service or their attaining the age ceiling for their ranks, whichever comes first. This has resulted in the average retirement age for the nation's military to be around 52 years.

The HTACOS has effectively scrapped the years of service of 35 years of service and fully embraced the age on rank bracket to enable the Armed Forces to continue to tap from the experiences of its officers as is done in the Armed Forces of such nations as India, Britain and United States, well beyond the present retirement rules. This means that as long as officers and men of the Nigerian military pass the necessary promotion board examinations, they would not be retired just because they have served 35 years. But that will now depend on their Run Out Date (ROD).

But effectively, the HTACOS starts with the 36th Course and their equivalents and above. The 36th Course members were the first set to start full degree programmes at the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA). Before then, Courses 1 to 35 studied and graduated with the National Certificate in Education (NCE) from the NDA. This means that while Course 36 and above will
benefit from all the provisions of the HTACOS, their seniors, Courses 1 to 35, will not have the full benefits. Course 17 is the oldest still in service. Incoming Chief of Defence Staff, Vice Admiral Ola Sa'ad Ibrahim is Course 17, Lt.-Gen. Onyeabo Azubuike Ihejirika is Course 18, the new Service Chiefs - Rear Admiral Dele Joseph Ezeoba (Navy) is Course 22 while incoming Chief of the Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Alex Sabundu Badeh (Air Force) is Course 21.

Under the old TACOS, the ROD for a Regular Commissioned Lieutenant or its equivalent in the
Navy (Sub-Lieutenant) or Air Force (Flying Officer) was 35 years, Captain/Lieutenant/Flight
Lieutenant - 40, Major/Lieutenant Commander/Squadron Leader - 46, Lieutenant Colonel/Commander/Wing Commander - 49, Colonel/Captain/Group Captain - 52, Brigadier-General/Commodore/Air Commodore - 54, Major General/Rear Admiral/Air Vice Marshal - 56, Lieutenant-General/Vice Admiral/Air Marshal - 58 and General/Admiral/Air Chief Marshal - 60.

But under the new HTACOS, RODs were extended. Now, the ROD for Regular Commissioned Officers under the HTACOS for Lieutenant or its equivalent in the Navy and Air Force is 39 years, Captain or its equivalent- 46, Major or its equivalent - 50, Lieutenant Colonel or its equivalent - 53, Colonel or its equivalent - 54, Brigadier-General or its equivalent - 56, Major-General or its equivalent - 57, Lieutenant-General or its equivalent - 59 and General or its equivalent remains 60.

Section 02.10 (b) of the HTACOS states: "Except as provided for in sub-sections (c) and (d), an officer holding a substantive rank will be retired on reaching the age indicated for that rank." In addition to having the retirement age to be beyond 35 years in service, Brigadier-Generals and their equivalents will on implementation of the HTACOS be entitled to have in retirement the services of an orderly, driver and a steward, unless such officer specifically opts out of such arrangement. The number of such personal staff is expectedly higher for Major Generals and their equivalents.

Initially, some personnel of the Nigerian military expressed misgivings about the HTACOS. Some were disappointed that it would only be fully implemented from Course 36 and above,
meaning that Courses 17 to 35 would only benefit from partial implementation. This, they believed does not serve the "good" interest of the Armed Forces and the nation, alleging that some of the best hands in the military would still retire prematurely under the approved HTACOS.

But Director, Defence Information, Col. Mohammed Yerima, dismissed such fears saying that "the newly signed Harmonised Terms and Conditions of Service (HTACOS 2012) is a well thought-out and carefully drafted roadmap for excellent career pursuit in the Armed Forces. The major thrust of the new HTACOS is the enablement of full and rewarding career for officers in their chosen profession; it is intended for the good of the officers and for the greater interest of the Armed Forces and the nation. Specifically, all officers of the Armed Forces now have the following additional years longer in the service compared to what is contained in HTACOS proposal of 2009: Lieutenant to Captain and their equivalent, four years; Major to Lieutenant Colonel and their equivalent, three years; Colonel and its equivalent, two years; Brigadier-General to Lieutenant General and their equivalent, one
year. HTACOS 2012 also ensured that the frequent retirement in the Armed Forces is no longer tenable as was in the past, among other altruistic intentions. More instructive is the fact that the document was carefully drafted, duly subjected to due processes, scrutinized and approved by the Armed Forces Council before the Chief of Defence Staff was statutorily authorised to sign and implement it as approved."

The quest for a new HTACOS has been on in the military since the advent of the return to civil rule in May 1999. In December 2008, former Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Paul Dike set up a panel to review the HTACOS, explaining that the review is aimed at bringing the terms and conditions of service in the three services in line with the changes envisaged in the transformation and modernisation agenda for the Nigerian military.

Incidentally, the First Defence Retreat held in Jaji, Kaduna State last year had also recommended that "DHQ should review the HTACOS particularly as it concerns the length of service of personnel." The expectation of the Retreat is that the HTACOS panel would result in the retirement for the military to be different from other personnel of the Federal Government. For now, the military is bound to retire its officers on their completion of 35 years of service or their attaining the age ceiling for their ranks, whichever comes first. This has resulted in the average retirement age for the nation' military being around 52 years.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by TemmyWon(f): 7:53am On Aug 28, 2013
What an epistle, dts somethn anyway. Pls whts d aptitude test like? Who has an idea?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by clemzo101(m): 7:57am On Aug 28, 2013
Pls whoeve had read that long post shld break it down, the thing too many I nor fit read am, what are they really saying?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by brain54(m): 8:20am On Aug 28, 2013
What happened to military precision and orgarnisation? N.A has really disappointed me. Or is there a "jonah" in our midst?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by clemzo101(m): 9:07am On Aug 28, 2013
brain54: What happened to military precision and orgarnisation? N.A has really disappointed me. Or is there a "jonah" in our midst?

Heehehehehehe Jonah ke? Funny people on dis thread aswear!
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by slinkky(m): 9:21am On Aug 28, 2013
From what rank will DSSC and SSC officer benefit from the new HTCOS
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Generalemperor: 10:00am On Aug 28, 2013
brain54: What happened to military precision and orgarnisation? N.A has really disappointed me. Or is there a "jonah" in our midst?
Wat if we cast d lot ad E land ontop ur body,wetin mk we do U
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by mekado83(m): 11:16am On Aug 28, 2013
What's this na.. People should stop quoting long post. Is so pathetic. Nawa oo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by clemzo101(m): 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2013
mekado83: What's this na.. People should stop quoting long post. Is so pathetic. Nawa oo

The post is like txt book, I ccant read it abeg.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by siina(m): 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
mekado83: What's this na.. People should stop quoting long post. Is so pathetic. Nawa oo
cultivate the habit of reading and stop been a jerk,if you are given a comprehension to read during the test will not read it ?i just gave you info about. The job you are signing for so that you can be more aware but there you go talking rubbish...lazy ass
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by ajisebioyo1(m): 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2013
If you re all tired of waiting for NA, den you can go ahead nd join d latest commissioned armed force called CIVILIAN ARMY. For more info abt obtaining the form, contact civilian Jtf headquarters maiduguri. The recruitment is on. Grap ur own now now now!!!!. LEKAYAH

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by 1forall: 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
siina: cultivate the habit of reading and stop been a jerk,if you are given a comprehension to read during the test will not read it? I just gave you info about. The job you are signing for so that you can be more aware but there you go talking rubbish...lazy ass

The guy hasn't complained of the long post itself but of those quoting it unnecessarily to drop a one-line comment. You appear to need your own advise and cultivate the reading habit.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by siina(m): 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2013
1forall:

The guy hasn't complained of the long post itself but of those quoting it unnecessarily to drop a one-line comment. You appear to need your own advise and cultivate the reading habit.
Ye$$ you are right,it was a mistake on my path....apology tendered

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by fetok: 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2013
What a digressed thread!
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by emmanuel4fire: 7:20pm On Aug 28, 2013
I don't really know what to say concerning this unusual delay. Please lets pray cos it getting out of hand. There are things I am not permitted to say. If I talk am una go explode. Just look for something doing why waiting for the list. That's my advise. Happy waiting.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by DHAMCHEX(m): 7:25pm On Aug 28, 2013
NAH WA OH GUYS , TILL NOW NO NEWS ?na wa oh GOD help us for 9ja. Even a MAJ GEN said "they keep saying next week , next week and next week " . Who be those people self ? OSALOBUAME
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by DHAMCHEX(m): 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
NAWA OH , EVEN MAJ GEN DEY SAY , " THEY KEPT SAYING NEXT WEEK " . WHO DEY TALK LIKE THAT SELF , WE DON DEY FORGET ALMOST EVERY EVERY WE DON READ SELF . LO!
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by clemzo101(m): 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2013
siina: Ye$$ you are right,it was a mistake on my path....apology tendered

I. Kinda like d way u both handled d issue, mature people, not like sone people here that will start raining abuses on u and ur progenitors.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Obidavies: 7:44pm On Aug 28, 2013
What shall separate you from the love of God? Think about this because heaven is real and hell is real. God would grant us our heart desire according to his will as we wait for the list or invitation for an aptitude test.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by clemzo101(m): 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
I swear by jupiter's cock if this list doesnt come out before next week i will get angry, even the gods of My progenitors are angry with NA
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by ijasada: 7:53pm On Aug 28, 2013
I dont even go out for morning Joggings again. NA don kill ma morale with this long waiting.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! by Phranciz(m): 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
emmanuel4fire: I don't really know what to say concerning this unusual delay. Please lets pray cos it getting out of hand. There are things I am not permitted to say. If I talk am una go explode. Just look for something doing why waiting for the list. That's my advise. Happy waiting.
Emma please spill it, we won't explode.

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (203) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Recruitment For Graduate Trainee 2017 (Bsc And HND Only) / Diamond Bank Test / The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission ("NERC") Is Recruiting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.