Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,620 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Fast Cars You Have Seen Live. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Fast Cars You Have Seen Live. (1310 Views)

*** List Of Clean Low Budget Cars You Can Get From Usa With Pix ** Gab Rides ** / Cars You Should Avoid Buying / Meet The Six Bulletproof Cars You Can Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fast Cars You Have Seen Live. by thegame(m): 8:45pm On Mar 28, 2008
No disrespect but i have never seen much of fast cars do their thing live. ANy one here that has either seen a fast car in nigeria or one doing its thing in other country?
By the way, the only ones i have seen in nigeria is a bentley continental(parked in my skul, i really tripped for that car) cool cool and a porsche cayenne(along oregun road)
Re: Fast Cars You Have Seen Live. by thegame(m): 4:53pm On Mar 31, 2008
Does this mean no one has seen a fast car or rather a super car in nigeria before?
Re: Fast Cars You Have Seen Live. by ToToChoper: 5:10pm On Mar 31, 2008
@ Poster.

Luxury cars do not translate into fast cars.
Re: Fast Cars You Have Seen Live. by lawyerchap(m): 10:07am On Apr 04, 2008
A 2008 Honda Accord V6 raced me on 3rd mainland bridge a couple of weeks ago. I was driving my 1994 Golf GTI the original 'Hot Hatch.' The Honda is a mover, that's for sure, but it was no match for my nimble and speedy GTI. The weaving in and out of high speed traffic is what undid the honda. While i could nip in and out between cars, the Honda, being larger couldn't quite manage it with the speed that i could. But even in a straight line, when i pushed the GTI really hard, i kept up with the Honda, which is humongously quick in a straight line. But the GTI's acceleration is phenomenal and could always get me ahead of the honda from the same starting point. Plus my GTI is a manual transmission while i suspect the Honda was automatic. There's also the fact that the guy driving was probably mindful that he was racing with a N5m car against a N700K car. The GTI has never failed me in a race except once against a porsche 911, and that was because i had waded through a deep puddle of water and until it dried out of the engine i kept losing power on my gear changes.

I would love to buy the 2007 GTI if i can find it in Nigeria. sadly, it isn't offered for sale by Stallion motors. I wonder why. Such a shame.
Re: Fast Cars You Have Seen Live. by thegame(m): 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2008
You trying to tell me bentley is not a fast car? I know a luxury car and a fat car bro.Bentley is a grand touring car and can even do much distance than luxury cars.

By the way, you said it all, the guy driving the honda couldn't keep up cos he knew he would definitely beat ur a s s. A 700k golf gti of what year will beat A 5 million brand new car hands down?Guy, check what u sayin now.
IF you were the one driving the honda, will a gti beat u?
Re: Fast Cars You Have Seen Live. by lawyerchap(m): 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2008
@Thegame
Sometimes its not about the ride but its all about the driver. And don't knock the GTI o. That's a ride with pedigree. Pound for pound it probably generates more horsepower than the Honda. its a hugely quick car and will race anything thrown at it. i know how many N5m cars have been put to shame by that car. seriously.
Re: Fast Cars You Have Seen Live. by femionasan(m): 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2008
Seen quite a number of supercars in Naija here, Saw a 2006 corvette C6, Seen a lamborghini diablo. Mcalren SLR the only the second one so far after F.Os own. Beleive it or not it had broken down. Seen quite a number of super cars. If u want to see them just drive around the clubs on the island at night. U'll get to see some of 'em. I even just saw that corvette last friday i fell in love with the noise that car was making and the dude droev that car the way it should be driven.
Re: Fast Cars You Have Seen Live. by komekn(m): 6:02pm On Apr 11, 2008
Just curious,
How considering the possible tales of woe that can behold you, do you drive fast on these Lagos roads in a super car

My friends got a Range and FX45(high center of gravity) both on 22rims with stupendous low profile tires, with those steel dividers or whatever they are on that 3rd mainland bridge, you just can get beyond the 110mph before blow out, they may be in a sense super SUV's.

Anybody attempting to drive their Ferrari, corvette or whatever supercar considering how low those cars are and the profile of the tires they use, is just going to be suya for the guys of the night, I guess the intended option was to use it for posturing. shocked
Re: Fast Cars You Have Seen Live. by femionasan(m): 4:34pm On Aug 07, 2008
If you are referring to armed robbers snatching a corvette from you then i am sorry but that is almost impossible. Cos they have no where to sell such cars.
Re: Fast Cars You Have Seen Live. by femionasan(m): 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2008
If you are referring to armed robbers snatching a corvette from you then i am sorry but that is almost impossible. Cos they have no where to sell such cars.

(1) (Reply)

A Peugeot 406/vw Bora For 650k / Kia Picanto For Sale / Opel Frontera Sport Jeep For Give Away Prize #600,000 Pls Rush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.