Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,501 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:37 PM

Who Is Your Next Of Kin? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is Your Next Of Kin? (20793 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by pareto(m): 8:04am On Mar 29, 2008
Hi landers, I have been thinking about this for some time, now i decide to bring it up. So, who do you use as your next of keen? Because it seems most of us just fill in any name and later brings problem when sth important happens. Your spouse, brother, sister or children and why?
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by uspry1(f): 8:22am On Mar 29, 2008
Depend on the situation where you fill out the applications to write down who is your next kin as follow below:

1. on job applications, i put down my sister as my next kin.

2. on hospital admission on pre-surgery, i put down my mom as my next kin.

3. on life insurance upon my death, i put down my children to split 50-50 percent as two beneficatory.

4. on bank account opening, i put down my older child as beneifactory.

5. on college admission, i put down my mom as next kin.

The purpose of finding out who your next kin is for authorized person such as hospital, police, human resource, etc to be notified by phone or in person in case of emergency or death or accident.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by Seun(m): 9:20am On Mar 29, 2008
If you are married, it has to be your spouse. Especially your bank account. You don't want your "next of kin" brother taking all your money while your spouse is struggling to cater for your children. It has to be your spouse.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by HRhotness(f): 11:19am On Mar 29, 2008
if u'r single its usually ur parents (or children)
its only ever ur siblings if ur parents are dead and u dont have children
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by Dalby(m): 11:42am On Mar 29, 2008
Seun:

If you are married, it has to be your spouse. Especially your bank account. You don't want your "next of kin" brother taking all your money while your spouse is struggling to cater for your children. It has to be your spouse.

Seun you are very right, especially with the mentality over here, backed up by our cultural norms
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by oziomatv(m): 11:46am On Mar 29, 2008
For who go take the BILL or WILL?
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by SignorZax: 11:57am On Mar 29, 2008
[img][/img][url][/url][quote][/quote]
My broda, for the Bill Put ya parents
For the will Ya kids or babe (d one wey No go kill U becos of d Dough o!)
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by innogah(m): 1:55pm On Mar 29, 2008
The next of kin thing.
It's always as has been a complicated issue oh!
but the wise shall understand. Those who are wise always prepare their house well before anything. it sometimes depend on how someone is close or related to you.
For me, in the past few years did choose my immediate younger sister as my next-of-kin, if am married, both my wife and sister, would be my next of kin in different situations.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by Sisikill: 1:57pm On Mar 29, 2008
My Mommy
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by Suntemi(m): 1:59pm On Mar 29, 2008
Anyway I think since I'm currently single. I will choose my P and no one but my P.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by coopedro(m): 2:08pm On Mar 29, 2008
I use my Sist for now, when i become married it will definitely be my wife.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by uspry1(f): 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2008
Seun:

@Seun has said it correctly.

HR.hotness:

if u'r single, its usually your parents (or children)
its only ever your siblings if your parents are dead and u don't have children

@HR.hotness has said it correctly too!

I am divorced mother of two children, still remain single. I refuse putting my ex-husband as next of kin, NO WAY! NO WAY!
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by larekey(m): 3:01pm On Mar 29, 2008
the issue of next of kin is quite sensitive because we would not want anybody that didn't deserve it to inherit what we have worked very hard for.
As for me since i am single my next of kin is my Mum, when i'm married and start a family it'd be my children and my my wife would be the executrix of my estate.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by desertboom(m): 3:10pm On Mar 29, 2008
Is mummy for now
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by ifyalways(f): 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2008
@topic,for now its my immediate younger bros.
Once levels change,it wud ofcos be my hubby.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by ayotee2000(m): 3:59pm On Mar 29, 2008
Why isn't anybody picking their BOYFRIENDS/GIRLFRIENDS as next-of-kin?

grin
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by oziomatv(m): 6:01pm On Mar 29, 2008
ayotee2000:

Why isn't anybody picking their BOYFRIENDS/GIRLFRIENDS as next-of-kin?

grin
Naija BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND there eyes dey red pass red bolb, before you know it, they fit send you to grave yard because of 50K they saw in your pass book.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2008
My wife naturally.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by SamMilla1(m): 2:29am On Mar 30, 2008
this next of kin thing depends on the situation sorounding the reasons for the call, there are things the next of kin could be urgently required to do and that rules out kids, and there are things that you cannot just change the previous next of kin because you gave birth to a kid
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by TheSly: 2:33am On Mar 30, 2008
i do hope y'all know what this ( undecided ) Icon means
wink
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by danity: 2:35am On Mar 30, 2008
I don't plan to die anytime soon so it's no one.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by iice(f): 7:58am On Mar 30, 2008
Brothers!! tongue
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by ken82(m): 11:08am On Mar 30, 2008
If u're are married it's definetely ur spouse,
for single people it's ur parent
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by dee02(m): 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2008
it has to be GOD!
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by mamaput(f): 1:03pm On Mar 30, 2008
as of two years ago it would have been my sister but now that my daughter is of age it would be her
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 30, 2008
It's certainly going to be my spouse when I'm married. But for now my parents or siblings.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by bigfather(m): 7:15pm On Mar 30, 2008
wifey of course.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by kewe(f): 9:38pm On Mar 30, 2008
my mum
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by chukz4real(m): 8:53am On Mar 31, 2008
Well, since nobody agreed to make use of their girlfriend' , as their next of kin. I'll rush down to the bank to change mine, from my elder bro' first son to my GF. Well, if u don't know before now, she' all I gat for now. Epitome of beauty, character, intelligence, and to crown it all, the most ever non jealous lover I've ever seen in the whole universe grin I wonder y such can't be any man' next of kin!

I know Efuah must surely say somethin! shocked
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by almondjoy(f): 9:06am On Mar 31, 2008
I have 3 sets. Him, a couple from my family and a couple from his family! Just in case we are both on the same plane or motor vehicle. Anything can happen. kiss
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by Scopium: 9:42am On Mar 31, 2008
[size=13pt]It depends on the case in question. I use my younger brother but if it's something with a lot of responsibility I use my dad or mum and when I get married it will be my wife whether it's a WILL or a BILL[/size]
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by Scopium: 10:18am On Mar 31, 2008
fntekim:

My wife naturally.

[size=13pt]What if you are naturally not married?[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Family Man Can Have This Too: / Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies / 21 Tell Tale Signs Of Emotional Abuse in marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.