Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Let's Discuss!! - The Importation Of Power Bikes Into Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Let's Discuss!! - The Importation Of Power Bikes Into Nigeria (3373 Views)

Start Importing Laptops Into Nigeria And Keep Making The Money (INTRO) / Youngest Billionaire Still Bikes To Work / Power Bikes Imported From Ghana In Good Condition And Very Affordable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let's Discuss!! - The Importation Of Power Bikes Into Nigeria by Kairoseki77: 7:00am On Mar 23, 2013
We all know about importing/exporting tokunbo cars into Nigeria. We all know about importing/exporting cheap motorbikes form Asia. Let's talk about importing/exporting power bikes to Nigeria.

This is what I am talking about:

These bikes can be purchased cheaply outside Nigeria and then imported into the country.

Nigerian Customs charges 20% - 35% import duty for fully built tokunbo power bike.
Nigerian Customs charges 5% import duty for "completely knocked down" (disassembled) power bike, but then the bike will need to be reassembled in Nigeria.

So...to avoid unhelpful comments let's try to guide this discussion.

1. Purchasing bikes is easy. Please do not post advice/offers/advertisements for bikes for sale. This is NOT helpful.

1. Where are power bikes sold in Nigeria? Let's make a list.
(This is important so that we know who the eventual customers for our imported bikes will be).
2. What do you think the best strategy would be to SELL the bikes in Nigeria?
3. Do you have any experience in the power bike business? Please share.
4. Do you see power bikes on the road where you live? What kinds?

The goal here is to find out how to SELL power bike in Nigeria. NOT how to import, how to export, etc. If you have a product to sell, please take it elsewhere. Thanks.
Re: Let's Discuss!! - The Importation Of Power Bikes Into Nigeria by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
Lots of experience bro. I believe strategy for effective superbike business will be an in depth understanding of the sport, your target markets and added value you can offer to prospective customers(repairs, parts, gear etc)

I'm in the business...which is capital intensive and enduring. All the best to those who venture!
Re: Let's Discuss!! - The Importation Of Power Bikes Into Nigeria by sonety2k(m): 11:54am On Mar 24, 2013
If you need power Bike to import , kindly let me know. Which type you need and price because I don't know much about power bike

(1) (Reply)

Payoneer Is Testing Euro Payment Service / Hips, Bums & Breast Yodi Enlargement Products +27733073111 / Looking For Regional Distributors For Blue Storm Energy Drink In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.