Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? (7543 Views)

Nigeria Is An Old Cemetry / Give Goodnight Kisses & Shoutouts To People You Love Here! X / Can You Visit A Cemetry Alone At Midnight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Smile4mee01: 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2013
Death is an inevitable end to man. However,i have noticed with dismay an increase with corpses buried at home. and i personally dont think it's a good thing to bury dead people at home or among the living Regardless of how much you love them, or not. Alot of kids tend to do so to secure properties from being sold. there are some environment where you go every house on the street, every corner you go, has a tomb stone.

As for me. Regardless of how many houses i have, how wealthy i am. when my time is up. bury me in a burial ground. some of my friends subscribe to getting burnt.

This is a sensitive topic, as many people fear death.kindly share your thoughts on the topic? Thanx
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Afam4eva(m): 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2013
I could care less. Whatever happens to my body after death is not my business. The most important thing is where my spirit ends up.

21 Likes

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Mynd44: 9:05am On Mar 24, 2013
Burn it and spread the ashes over the ocean

2 Likes

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by greedie1(f): 10:04am On Mar 24, 2013
I don't want tombstone but i'd lyk to be buried at home....yes.
I don't want cemetery atall...i'd rather they burn and do whatever they want with the ash.... no cemetery pls, i ll even specify that on my will.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Popowaa: 11:24am On Mar 24, 2013
Anywhere at all will be fine
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by W3xy1(m): 10:12am On Mar 25, 2013
home
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 25, 2013
Heaven

1 Like

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by AjanleKoko: 10:15am On Mar 25, 2013
I believe it is now against the law in Lagos to bury corpses in residential properties.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by flow1759: 10:15am On Mar 25, 2013
i think cementary is better. It depends on the cementary sha. because some cementary no go gree ur soul rest sef
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 25, 2013
I dont care where am buried. I will be dead and I wont know even if pig eat me. angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by jhydebaba(m): 10:16am On Mar 25, 2013
Wetin concern agbero for over load Which one come concern dead body for where dem bury am Dead body no get choice joor.

There was a case of a woman who demanded to be buried in the village but when she died the children weighed the pros and cons of taking her home and decided to bury her in lagos. Abeg, tell me, the dead body go protest cheesy

Bury me any where and if una like make una no bury me na smell go kill una for area.

Dead body smell pass poopoo oh tongue

6 Likes

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Adufaye(m): 10:16am On Mar 25, 2013
Sky
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by zolajpower: 10:17am On Mar 25, 2013
Embalm nd take my corpes2 a museum built n my stead so tht my generatin cn ce me. Like d great Awolowo.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Oludrex(m): 10:19am On Mar 25, 2013
@home
Bury me smilin'
with G's in my pocket
have a party at my funeral
let every rapper rock it
let tha hoes that I usta know
from way before
kiss me from my head to my toe
give me a paper and a pen
so I can write about my life of sin
a couple bottles of Gin
incase I don't get in
tell all my people i'm a baller
nobody cries when I die

7 Likes

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Donovan: 10:19am On Mar 25, 2013
I prefer cemetery to being buried @ home. Islam does not even support burying our deaths @ home. I think cemetery is better.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by juman(m): 10:19am On Mar 25, 2013
I would prefer Islamic cemetery.

Nigeria is still not a modern one that's why we are still burying our love ones at home.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 25, 2013
Enters thread and runs out with speed... Na all this kind people dey like make dem bury them with jewelries and the rest.. Talking of where u are gonna be buried and u are still healthy and strong. Dats demo nic. Dats my point.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by mysticgal(f): 10:22am On Mar 25, 2013
i would love to be buried at home.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 25, 2013
I want to be mummified. grin

1 Like

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 25, 2013
I will build myself a befitting Mausoleum at 60 but if I die before building the Mausoleum, meaning before 60, then I should be buried in my sitting room in my village with a golden tombstone by the poolside. I wanna be remembered.

1 Like

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by eldoradoxx: 10:25am On Mar 25, 2013
Smile4mee01: Death is an inevitable end to man. However,i have noticed with dismay an increase with corpses buried at home. and i personally dont think it's a good thing to bury dead people at home or among the living Regardless of how much you love them, or not. Alot of kids tend to do so to secure properties from being sold. there are some environment where you go every house on the street, every corner you go, has a tomb stone.

As for me. Regardless of how many houses i have, how wealthy i am. when my time is up. bury me in a burial ground. some of my friends subscribe to getting burnt.

This is a sensitive topic, as many people fear death.kindly share your thoughts on the topic? Thanx
The post just described how we bury in my place, Delta state. 99% of our dead ones are buried right inside their compound. If u enter my compound, by the gate lies my grand father's grave, beside him is my grand mother's. If u walk like 50 meters in by the left wing is my father's grave and then about 30meters away again is my uncle's grave. So its nothing new nor is there anything to fear. Infact my paternal uncle and my maternal uncle were both buried right inside their parlour , ahahahahahaha. The last time I went there I saw his grand child comfortably sleeping on top of her grand dad's grave in the sitting room. Its our culture that both our living and dead ones are one and there is a common bond existing between them. They unit in death. So I am looking forward to being buried beside my father's grave .

1 Like

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Lakayana: 10:26am On Mar 25, 2013
If I have my way I would love to be cremated. I know how beautiful I look and I hate maggots haba after all the care at the spa the weekly massages. The daily workouts at the gym no way I don't want to decompose.

3 Likes

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Oludrex(m): 10:26am On Mar 25, 2013
chiover: Heaven
I dnt want to sound rude but How can say u want ur dead body buried in heaven.. Its ridiculous... If its a joke, then I guess U r kinda dumb n if u r serious about that .. I won't like to call u a retard
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by AreaFada2: 10:26am On Mar 25, 2013
Ehhhhhhh......
Ask me again in 100 years time. For now I never ready to go yonder. grin

1 Like

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by jigawatts(m): 10:26am On Mar 25, 2013
ANYWHERE undecided undecided ..... What matters most is where u'll be aftathe burial......... Heaven or Hell cry
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Temismith(f): 10:27am On Mar 25, 2013
Pls leave dat matter for now. Wen i die, i will decide where i want to be buried! grin

1 Like

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by AreaFada2: 10:28am On Mar 25, 2013
Oludrex:
I dnt want to sound rude but How can say u want ur dead body buried in heaven.. Its ridiculous... If its a joke, then I guess U r kinda dumb n if u r serious about that .. I won't like to call u a retard

Maybe he wan do am Elijah style. Just vamoose straight to the sky!
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by hardbody: 10:29am On Mar 25, 2013
Smile4mee01: Death is an inevitable end to man. However,i have noticed with dismay an increase with corpses buried at home. and i personally dont think it's a good thing to bury dead people at home or among the living Regardless of how much you love them, or not. Alot of kids tend to do so to secure properties from being sold. there are some environment where you go every house on the street, every corner you go, has a tomb stone.

I am available to write the Will for all interested NLers so their corpse will treated as they so desire in death.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 25, 2013
it doesn't matter to me. once i am dead my spirit will be elsewhere and i won't be worried about my shell anymore.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Acidosis(m): 10:31am On Mar 25, 2013
I cannot die

4 Likes

Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by hardbody: 10:32am On Mar 25, 2013
On post, I don't give a flying phuck what they do with my body. The dead are conscious of nothing, so says the holy book.
Re: Where Would You Love To Be Buried, Home Or Cemetry? by Oludrex(m): 10:33am On Mar 25, 2013
eldoradoxx: If u enter my compound, by the gate lies my grand father's grave, beside him is my grand mother's. If u walk like 50 meters in by the left wing is my father's grave and then about 30meters away again is my uncle's grave. So I am looking forward to be buried by my father.
Tell me ur house is not a cemetary
About bein buried by ur father .. U must be a BAZTARD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Pictures Of Kermit The Frog / NNPC Attributes Sudden Fuel Queues In Lagos To Road Construction Gridlock / Photos Of Popular Transgender Amiyah Scott When She Was A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.