Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... - Adverts (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... (11481 Views)

Mini Importation Business The Easiest Way To Make Money In Nigeria / The Easiest And Most Lucrative Online Business / Discover How To Get Rich Legitimately Without Working For It Tru Forums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Barcholder: 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
byrron:

thief, hw u carry enter my mind go thief my thoughts?
u made a very valid and practical suggestion.

I have heeded this useful piece of advice, and am putting together a package to cater for this end of the market. We are on a mission to solve the electricity problem once and for all.

Please look out for the launch of our website in the coming days. There will be something for everybody on there.

Regards

Uvie
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by ezebest1(m): 3:18pm On Apr 01, 2013
Great there Uvie!
Because I see no reason why it shouldn't sale, so long as you have factored-in the fact that 80% of the so-called working class in Nigeria earn N50,000/month on the average.
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Barcholder: 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2013
eze-best:
Great there Uvie!
Because I see no reason why it shouldn't sale, so long as you have factored-in the fact that 80% of the so-called working class in Nigeria earn N50,000/month on the average.

Hi

Thanks for the confirmation. Your numbers are in line with our own research, and we have put in place packages to allow the average working nigerian to afford our products. We offer entry level packages allowing folk to solar for less cost than they currently spend on diesel for their generators.

In order to transform the country as we intend to, our products must be affordable to the ordinary man, and not just the rich. This is exactly what we have done with our product offerings.

Full details will be provided on our website which launches in the next few days.

Regards

Uvie

1 Like

Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by edu4all: 5:56pm On Apr 01, 2013
I'm in. You've got great prospect and passion for these business,I se e greater accomplishment in the near future. Would really love to market your product both online and offline in Enugu.
Mail: bcklinkpro@gmail.com.
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2013
Wise ones will copy all your explanations as faq + your referral tools and go out there to sell your solar systems.its only the go ahead thats needed.@ Barcholder
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Barcholder: 6:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
babaearly: Wise ones will copy all your explanations as faq + your referral tools and go out there to sell your solar systems.its only the go ahead thats needed.@ Barcholder

If you think that's even remotely possible, then you don't know the first thing about business. Most people have the misguided notion that an idea by itself constitutes a business. It isn't.

Business is 99% execution. I welcome copycats. Do you really believe its possible for one company to monopolise a $2.5tn market? I fully expect copycats and fakers. But rest assured, it will have no impact on the speed of our growth.
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
No you missed my point. I meant that you may have satisfied willing participants with what you have said so far that i can use them as initial sales pitch,for your product of course.
Ill also advice you create seminars to promote it.
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Barcholder: 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2013
babaearly: No you missed my point. I meant that you may have satisfied willing participants with what you have said so far that i can use them as initial sales pitch,for your product of course.
Ill also advice you create seminars to promote it.

My bad. I did indeed misunderstand your point. Accept my apology.

You are on point with your reasoning. I will be conducting a series of offline seminars and webinars, which will serve as educational platforms for people on the truly transformative power of Solar Energy in Nigeria.

Ultimately though, execution is the key to achieving our stated objectives. The creation of a huge, and successful distribution network is critical to that, and there is no more efficient method of distribution than utilising people power - giving them the opportunity to get rich in the process. To me, its a win-win situation for all concerned, and we kill several birds with one stone:

1. The people suddenly have a lot of disposable income
2. Which they spend in the local economy
3. Allowing more jobs to be created
4. Which in turn creates more demand in the economy
5. The improved power supply for households and the significant reduction in business costs opens the opportunity for many new businesses to be created
6. And encourages foreign investment into NIgeria

I believe this is the blueprint to developing our great country.

Thanks for your positive contributions.

Regards

Uvie
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Chizin(m): 6:29am On Apr 02, 2013
Hmm, my hands and legs are crossed seriously waiting for the launch of this mighty website that will be able to transform our Nation, Nigeria. Keep it up my brother. This is a great innovation, I must say.
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Barcholder: 11:11am On Apr 02, 2013
Chizin: Hmm, my hands and legs are crossed seriously waiting for the launch of this mighty website that will be able to transform our Nation, Nigeria. Keep it up my brother. This is a great innovation, I must say.

Thank you for the support. We will do our best to deliver real change. We must stop waiting for the government to do it. If people had waited for the government to build the telephone landline infrastructure, nobody would have access to phones today.

Change comes from the people, who are able to devise solutions to everyday problems at rapid speed.

Regards

Uvie
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by usoeva: 5:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
@Barchelor, i will certainly love to be a part of this. have actually sent you a message but bounced back to my mail box. expecting more information soon
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Barcholder: 7:24pm On Apr 02, 2013
usoeva: @Barchelor, i will certainly love to be a part of this. have actually sent you a message but bounced back to my mail box. expecting more information soon

Please send the message to the following email address:

uvie.ugono@solynta.com.ng

Looking forward to your message.

Regards

Uvie
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Rooneyboy(m): 9:12am On Apr 03, 2013
Watching from the sidelines with keen interest on how things unfold.

Believe u me we've seen tons of such topic that ended up dying naturally even b4 inception, as they say, TIME WILL TELL if really this ur almighty project will out muscle all the evil forces and see the light of day in this country .

*i admire ur enthusiasm*.
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by OLISASDEJI(m): 2:03pm On Apr 03, 2013
Solar power business is not a garri or pure water business. In country like ours with lots of poverty in the system. Most pple need is food,shelter,security before talking about power. And again, this is not a kind of N50 product that anybody will buy instatntly. Only the well feed and literate will knw and be willing to get this products. Am not saying it wont sell, It will offcourse i have one. But stop giving uneccessary speculations and unrealistic commission that you wont be able to fufill.Telling someone to see 5 units of inverter in one week is complete madness. The least power rated is 1.5KVa which cost just N150,000 excluding installation,solar panel and battery rack. Now tell me,with the present situation of poverty and literacy level in dis country,hw many average nigerian can afford this. People should pls use this medium to give concrete and factual biz projections to pple because we are all here to gain one or two this to be self employed.
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by DeGenius3(m): 3:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
WOULD YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU CAN START EARNING AT LEAST $400 PER MONTH USING MY UNDERGROUND NEVER-FAIL SYSTEM SELLING SIMPLE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ON FIVERR.COM?

hello,

i know you have heard about fiverr.com. even though you haven't heard about it, fiverr.com is a simple website where you can sell simple products and services for a very cheap price and make good cash too doing it.

selling simple products and services on fiverr.com is a damn simple method of making money online.

and until you know the REAL strategies, you can never succeed doing business on fiverr.com.

and until you learn from people who are really making it with fiverr.com, there isn't any way you can succeed. of course you know that the best way to succeed in life is to learn from people who have succeeded before you..

so if you really want to learn how you can begin to make it big time selling simple products and services on fiverr.com. all you simply need to do is send your name, email address, phone number and your location to cashbuilderinfo@gmail.com
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by DeGenius3(m): 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by feasy1(m): 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hi Folks,

Barcholder has been barred from posting, probably by the spam bot. Hope to get one of the moderators to look into it pretty soon, so he can continue with the great work he's doing here.
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by MockingBird(m): 9:56pm On Apr 03, 2013
Hello all
Barcholder has been BARRED from making posts. Moderator, I've not seen him break any house rules.
Pls restore his access to this forum. That man has the solution to the energy crises of this nation at his finger tips.
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Tekkyboy(m): 6:53am On Apr 04, 2013
yello all. Barcholder av being barred from posting in this forum,i nver see anything wrong or rather does anything contrary to the rules of the house by dIS man. PLS MODERATORS HELP US LOOK INTO DS SO THAT DIS MAN CAN GET BACK TO US SOONEST.
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by conceptkid(m): 7:59am On Apr 04, 2013
my dear forumite there are no easy ways to get rich for you to succeed in any enviroment it takes hard work,diligence and commitment my friends dont be fold please it also take planning consistency even if it is easy as they say it still require work please rule out easy from your dictionary like my brother tu face said if tell you say he easy na set up please dont be trap by the deception of that word easy
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by feasy1(m): 10:53am On Apr 04, 2013
@ Conceptkid, that has been clarified if you read the previous posts on the thread, by saying The Easiest Way To Get Rich, Barcholder means the opportunity is enormous, a completely blue ocean, an untapped market, providing solution to problems millions of Nigeria face every other day. If you have a solution to resolving the epileptic power supply in Nigeria, I agree with him that there might not be a better way to get richer easier, However he did clarify its not a get rich quick scheme.

I hope he has been unbarred.
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by ezebest1(m): 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
MockingBird: Hello all
Barcholder has been BARRED from making posts. Moderator, I've not seen him break any house rules.
Pls restore his access to this forum. That man has the solution to the energy crises of this nation at his finger tips.

Let us assume the robot barred him, I appeal to the Moderators/Seun to veto it's (robot's)action.
Tnx!
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Barcholder: 2:36pm On Apr 04, 2013
A big thanks to everyone who politely asked for my posting rights to be restored. Seun kindly obliged, and has restored all rights.

Big thanks Seun as well.

Look out for my next post later on today.

Regards

Uvie
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by servicegiver: 3:52pm On Apr 04, 2013
The easiets way to get rich is to build a residual income stream. This ensures that money keeps flowing into your bank account for life even long after you are retired. Its a system that leverages on the effort of other people to build your income portfolio. Imagine having more than 500 people all working while a fraction of their earnings is paid into your bank account every month. How does it sound to you?
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Rossikk(m): 3:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
Barcholder, have you factored in the ongoing power sector reforms and how improved power supply could affect demand for your product in the long run?
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Barcholder: 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
Rossikk: Barcholder, have you factored in the ongoing power sector reforms and how improved power supply could affect demand for your product in the long run?

You raise a very good point. The power sector reforms are designed to do PRECISELY what we are doing - to encourage foreign investment into the power sector. You see, the government finally realised that the only possible way the chronic power shortage was going to be resolved was by actively encouraging private sector investment. So they have finally privatised NEPA, and are in the process of totally removing the fuel subsidy that's still in place.

This then makes it a viable option for people such as myself to become an alternative provider of power, and hence improve the situation. The government themselves are no longer going to be directly involved in the provision of power (at least, not directly). Apart from anything else, this will significantly reduce the immense corruption that's been prevalent, and a key reason why the total power capacity is still so low, despite billions of dollars having been earmarked for new power stations over the last 20 years.

It's always good to use numbers to illustrate the sheer scale of Nigeria's power problem. The entire country only has an estimated production capacity of 5,000mW, however, demand is conservatively estimated at 60,000mW (please bear in mind that this demand does not include the approximately 60% of the population who do not have access to electricity at all). It would require a total production capacity of at least 120,000mW to provide uninterrupted power to the whole country, based on an estimated 180 million population.

Lets use some comparables. In the UK, the average yearly per capita electricity usage is about 2,000kWh. In order to for Nigeria to be competitive on a world scale as we all hope, it would need to have at least that level of per capita consumption capacity (and remember we don't have ACs here, and practically all heating is gas powered and not electric, so Nigeria would actually need significantly higher per capita capacity than the UK. As an example, the US has 4,500kWh per capita consumption rates). So what does this mean? Well, it basically means that Nigeria currently needs approximately 197,000mW production capacity NOW, to be on a par with the UK on per capita terms. We currently produce a pathetic 5,000mW (in fact it's less - I read an article online in November in which a person in authority boasted of achieving a record level of production for a day, at 4,750mW's - I nearly fell off my chair laughing). So you should be able to see that Nigeria is so so far away from achieving anything like the level of production capacity needed, and certainly not if it's done centrally by building power plants. It's way too expensive, takes way too long to be commissioned, and frankly, ain't gonna happen. This leaves the door absolutely wide open for Solynta to fill the void by creating a massive nationwide distribution network and selling on a individual basis. For a problem as large as our's, this is by far the most efficient way of attacking the problem.

Now factor in the continued rapid growth of the Nigerian population - it's estimated to have the 3rd largest population in the world by 2050, at approximately 450 million. Then apply the numbers above, and you can see that this is a market so absolutely huge that the profit potential cannot be filled by any one player in the market.

There really could not be a better time for the revolution to start.

Regards

Uvie
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by yesman(m): 4:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
@Barcode

I just stumbled upon this thread and I must say I'm very impressed with your vision and eloquence.

In my view, the 3 ways any business can be successful are : increasing the size of each transaction, getting more customers and getting them to make more purchases.

Therein lies your limitations, increase the size of transaction (price) and you price out most of your customers thereby restricting yourself to the rich and elite of society. Encouraging repeat buys from one is going to be almost impossible, as you say the product is built to last 25years. That leaves seeking new customers as the only way to grow.

You claim your product is one of the cheapest in the world, this can be both a good thing or a bad thing. Many products in Nigeria are priced higher than the rest of the world to accommodate the harsh business. My dear country, Nigeria, is (one of) the riskiest place in the world to do business (have you been able to register your business yet?). I do hope your margin is sufficient to sustain your business in the long run.

I admire your optimism and drive in providing a solution to Nigeria's epileptic power supply. However, the situation could change in the future as there are concrete plans by state and federal government (Gov Akpabio has just concluded laying gas lines in Akwa Ibom). Also, many private companies have taken keen interest in Nigeria's power situation evident in ongoing privatization scheme. The current situation may appear bleak, but the truth is that government down the line will recognize that providing constant electricity is the single way to appease Nigerians, and they will do just that eventually. When that happens, and declining sales of generators cause many businesses to shut down, what do you think would happen to your company then?

I noticed that you tend to rely heavily on numbers from research data. Are these numbers accurate? I suggest you conduct your own market research. Numbers don't lie but can be misleading. For instance, you assume that your product will automatically appeal to the rich, but have you considered what he/she should do with his current 12kVA generator after purchasing your Solar Power. The ultra rich are not as concerned about the price of diesel as you might think. Why change what is not broken?

What about security of panels. You can secure a generator house but can you do same for your panels. With spate of kidnapping, solar panels may just be an invitation for robbers and like especially if you first to take initiative.

I foresee a situation where you generate a lot of buzz and sales upon inception. This is likely to taper off as time progresses as you cannot really build a lasting relationship with each client you acquire (except your referral program performs well). If this happens, you'll have to rely on your margins to sustain you and I do hope it is sufficient.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against what you are trying to do. In fact I intend to follow this thread and maybe buy the product when I can afford. I'm just highlighting some points to be considered.

It pays sometimes to be a bit pessimistic when embarking on a venture.

I wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Barcholder: 5:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
service giver: The easiets way to get rich is to build a residual income stream. This ensures that money keeps flowing into your bank account for life even long after you are retired. Its a system that leverages on the effort of other people to build your income portfolio. Imagine having more than 500 people all working while a fraction of their earnings is paid into your bank account every month. How does it sound to you?

This is all theoretical. People want to know, practically, what's the easiest way to get rich in NIGERIA. The answer is simple, sell a product that has, singularly, the greatest demand of anything in the country.

If you knew how much some businesses spend on diesel each month, your eyeballs will bleed. It's utterly crazy.

Let me assure you that selling a product to a business a product that reduces their annual cost from N48m a year, to N24m in the first year, and ZERO for all subsequent years, is just about the easiest thing you could ever possibly sell.

Believe it or not, from a business perspective, there are well over 15 million such sales out there waiting for you. And you don't need to worry about the stock, or actually executing the Installations etc. That is all taken care of.

Think about it people.
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Barcholder: 5:21pm On Apr 04, 2013
yesman: @Barcode

I just stumbled upon this thread and I must say I'm very impressed with your vision and eloquence.

In my view, the 3 ways any business can be successful are : increasing the size of each transaction, getting more customers and getting them to make more purchases.

Therein lies your limitations, increase the size of transaction (price) and you price out most of your customers thereby restricting yourself to the rich and elite of society. Encouraging repeat buys from one is going to be almost impossible, as you say the product is built to last 25years. That leaves seeking new customers as the only way to grow.

You claim your product is one of the cheapest in the world, this can be both a good thing or a bad thing. Many products in Nigeria are priced higher than the rest of the world to accommodate the harsh business. My dear country, Nigeria, is (one of) the riskiest place in the world to do business (have you been able to register your business yet?). I do hope your margin is sufficient to sustain your business in the long run.

I admire your optimism and drive in providing a solution to Nigeria's epileptic power supply. However, the situation could change in the future as there are concrete plans by state and federal government (Gov Akpabio has just concluded laying gas lines in Akwa Ibom). Also, many private companies have taken keen interest in Nigeria's power situation evident in ongoing privatization scheme. The current situation may appear bleak, but the truth is that government down the line will recognize that providing constant electricity is the single way to appease Nigerians, and they will do just that eventually. When that happens, and declining sales of generators cause many businesses to shut down, what do you think would happen to your company then?

I noticed that you tend to rely heavily on numbers from research data. Are these numbers accurate? I suggest you conduct your own market research. Numbers don't lie but can be misleading. For instance, you assume that your product will automatically appeal to the rich, but have you considered what he/she should do with his current 12kVA generator after purchasing your Solar Power. The ultra rich are not as concerned about the price of diesel as you might think. Why change what is not broken?

What about security of panels. You can secure a generator house but can you do same for your panels. With spate of kidnapping, solar panels may just be an invitation for robbers and like especially if you first to take initiative.

I foresee a situation where you generate a lot of buzz and sales upon inception. This is likely to taper off as time progresses as you cannot really build a lasting relationship with each client you acquire (except your referral program performs well). If this happens, you'll have to rely on your margins to sustain you and I do hope it is sufficient.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against what you are trying to do. In fact I intend to follow this thread and maybe buy the product when I can afford. I'm just highlighting some points to be considered.

It pays sometimes to be a bit pessimistic when embarking on a venture.

I wish you the best of luck.

Please refer to my post above. It directly addresses your point about increased generation capacity. Please remember something, one way or another, YOU MUST PAY for electricity. It so happens that by far the cheapest way of "buying" electricity is by producing your own. It's the reason why Solar energy is really taking off here in the UK, Germany (despite no sunshine), Australia and USA. These are all countries with 24 hours of electricity provision, so why would everyone be killing themselves to go 'solar'? Because it's cheap, and saves you from the inevitable escalation of electricity prices as more of the world industrialises and demands ever greater amounts of fossil fuel based solutions, hence spikes in price.

I will address each of your points in turn in a later post - really busy right now.

Regards

Uvie
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Barcholder: 2:09am On Apr 05, 2013
@ yesman

I now have the time to address your well constructed post on a point by point basis. For everyone following this thread, please try to pay complete attention, as the explanations may get somewhat complex. I'll do my level best to simplify.

First the easy part - you have identified 3 ways in which a business can be successful, and these are of course correct at a top level. However, your conclusion that this therefore is a limitation to my business could not be more wrong. Let's look at each of your 3 points in turn:

1. Increase the size of transaction (Price): Your application of this statement is not strictly true. You have identified price as being the key variable - it is not. The key variable is MARGIN. That is, how much profit do you make per transaction, or in the case of the energy business, how much profit do you make per kW sold. You make reference to the fact that my product being the cheapest in the world is a negative, which somehow endangers the long term prospects of the business. You also make the point that goods are priced higher in Nigeria due to the harsh business environment. You are INCORRECT on both counts. (goods are priced highly in Nigeria because the cost of energy adds 40% to the price of all goods - many large manufacturers have closed shop and moved to Ghana as a result).

First, my product is the cheapest in the world (and significantly so) primarily because of ruthless efficiencies in our cost base. Our strong financial backing allows us to benefit hugely from enormous economies of scale. Secondly, and most importantly, the premium added to the cost of the product to cover sales and marketing is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than you can find in any developed country in the world. Why? Because sales and marketing costs in Nigeria are markedly lower than in any developed country, so I'm able to pass these cost savings on to the customer, without any damage at all to my margins. So, I will make just as much profit per kW sold as any US or Australian company because our SOFT costs (non hardware related) are so much lower. Add to that the cost of installation, which, given western labour costs compared to Nigerian Labour costs, are considerably lower. Each installation takes 1 day and requires a 4 man team. Labour costs in say, the UK are approximately £2,000 for the 4 man team (N480,000). In Nigeria, it costs a tenth of that. So that's an immediate and huge saving that I'm able to pass on to my customers in full, reducing the price we charge accordingly. In the UK, these costs are simply added to the cost of the unit, as I'm sure you can appreciate. Then factor in the cost of various permits and local council permits etc required in western countries, especially USA, and you begin to get the picture of just why Full installations cost so much more in developed countries, and why I'm able to offer a price far less than my counterparts. And bear in mind, my profit per kW sold is identical to any western installer. So in short, I'm able to offer the lowest prices in the world AND maintain a healthy margin because of a much lower 'soft' cost base. A quick fact for you (you must realise by now I love numbers), 50 -55% of the cost of Western Solar installations is made up of soft costs, and nothing to do with the cost of the actual product.

2. Getting more customers: you have given no consideration to the sheer size of the market in Nigeria, widely known to be the largest in the world. So let me spell it out for you. Our customers are made up of businesses and households. The business market is larger than the household market. There are about 10 million premises based businesses in Nigeria today, the vast majority of whom use diesel generator extensively. At very conservative estimates, there is 30,000mW of electricity capacity to be sold into these businesses. In financial terms, that's a market size of $135 billion dollars (N21.6 trillion).

Now for the household market. Current electricity deficit to be sold into is 25,000mW, which equates to $112 billion (N18 trillion). This does not account for the 60% of the nigerian populace who have no access to electricity (more on that later). Now bear in mind that the population continues to grow at a rapid rate, meaning the demand for electricity will grow into perpetuity. I hope you can see that the market size is so unbelievably large that we can quite comfortably make $10 billion in profits, and not have even scratched the surface.

3. Getting more purchases from our Customers: You have reached the natural and logical conclusion that my business plan has zero recurring income built in, because we are selling units up front, with no room for recurring income. You are actually very wrong on this front. What I have not told you is that a considerable amount of our profits will come from recurring income, where we effectively take the place of a Utility company, and provide the equipment free of charge to very large businesses in exchange for a 25 year electricity purchase contract. This is a win win for all parties concerned, as the company benefits from an immediate 80% reduction in their energy bills, we get an immediate sale of huge value, and are locked into a recurring revenue stream for the next 25 years. I'll say no more on that front at this time - lets just say that I have close on $500 million of UK investment funds just aching to dive in (I come from a London Banking background and have many contacts).

I certainly wouldn't worry about our ability to sustain ourselves financially. I assure that won't be an issue.

Now for the rest of your post. Firstly, please read my earlier post which deals with the deregulation of the market and the huge opportunity that brings. The key points to take from that post is that Nigeria is not even remotely close to being able to provide 24 hours electricity. At current capacity increase rates versus the rate of population growth, the power situation will be worse in 30 years time than it currently is.

For your point about the rich wanting to keep the status quo, well, that's simply a ridiculous statement. The cast iron laws of economics are clear for all to see. No rational human being will happily pay N6m a year for diesel, when for a one off payment of N6m, they can provide their entire electricity needs for at least the next 25 years. Just a ridiculous statement. That would basically mean they are quite happy to spend N144 million over the next 24 years (at today diesel prices) when they don't have to. Not even Bill Gates would do that. I'm sure you realise that's simply not a credible suggestion. And lets not even talk about the noise, pollution, safety hazard etc.

Now for panel security. I'm not sure whether you realise that the panels are secured to the ROOF of your house. That's right, they are literally nailed down to your roof. I'm not too sure how a thief would go about helping himself to the panels from there. And how will they get to the rest of the equipment - inverters etc. No, this is simply not credible.

Your point about the tapering off of sales should have been answered by referring to my analysis of the market size. No tapering will take place during my lifetime, and I'm 35.

You are right that an element of pessimism is required when launching a new venture. This reveals itself in research and planning of the most meticulous nature. I'd like to assure you that as well as running my highly successful online recruitment business in the US and UK, I have dedicated the last year of my life to planning my entry into this market. Not a stone has been left unturned in approaching launch. My background is one of high finance, where planning and execution are the watchwords. These have been my guiding principles in reaching this stage in the launch. I hope to demonstrate in the coming weeks, months and years, that my vision is indeed one that will reach fruition.

I'd like to make a brief point about the Sales Agents we are currently recruiting. To my mind, this is by far the most important element of the execution strategy. As you will know, DISTRIBUTION is a critical element in the mass penetration of any product into a new market. In working out the best distribution strategy to adopt, I was reminded of the example given by a former Business Professor renowned in the USA for teaching "The Business of the Drugs Trade" at one of the most prominent US university institutions. He makes the very good point that the illicit drugs trade is a multi billion dollar a year trade without any traditional distribution channels as used by normal multinational businesses. What these organisations have been able to do is effectively use the most powerful distribution channel known to man - people power. They literally have tens of thousands of unfortunate young men pushing their poison for them on the streets. Why? Because these guys dont have any other work and resort to drug dealing to make their living (anyone who's ever visited Baltimore, Crenshaw and parts of Atlanta as I have can attest to the terrible impact this has had on life there).

I looked at this example and thought to myself, "why not recreate that distribution model, except it's being applied to a totally legal and necessary product". And create MASSIVE incentives for our distributors, by paying extremely generous commissions, such that one sale a month is all that's required to earn the monthly wage of the average worker. Remember, we have 40 million unemployed graduates in the country, a tragic waste of fantastic talent. But more importantly, we'd be able to create lots and lots of Naira millionaires because the commissions are so generous. This would be a very proud accomplishment.

We take this further, and open the door to practically anyone to participate in our Referral program (they get commissions lower than our Official Sales Agents for obvious reasons, but still a tidy sum of money).

I'll leave you with an example. We have just received a pre order from a company that requires a 50kW system. The lead was provided by a referrer, who had been following this message thread (and despite our website not going live until tomorrow (fingers crossed - if you've ever worked with web developers, you know that today usually means in 2 days time, but hey, so it goes). He will shortly be picking up a commission payment of N12,500 per kW, totalling N625,000, by way of thank you from us. I'm sure he's suitably pleased. I certainly am, and so too is the customer. The only person not pleased is the diesel vendor. Sales agents receive N20,000 per kW sold.

I'll ask yourselves this question - do I want to get into the biggest renewable energy market, potential wise, in the world, or do I want to wait until your local area is saturated with Agents competing for every business and residential sale.

Apologies for the long post, but I felt it necessary to provide a full and frank response. Yesman deserved it for taking the time to post such a well crafted message, full of genuine questions designed to provoke thought. My sincere thanks to you.

Finally, a brief word on the pricing of electricity, and just why the world has finally woken up to the necessity of renewable energy in general, and Solar Energy in particular. The price of electricity is set to rise quite dramatically over the next 25 years as China, India, and Africa continue to industrialise at a rapid pace. The impact of this is already being felt heavily in the UK, where electricity prices have increased by 250% in 8 years, due to the ever escalating price of gas. All of the British Nigerians on this forum will be able to attest to the fact that energy prices have been increased by an average of 24% for each of the last 3 years - it's an utter scandal. Nigerians have "enjoyed" subsidised prices for many years. These are now being removed by the government, so as to encourage private investment in the sector. In other words, to allow them to freely charge higher prices and make a profit. As if your lives were not difficult enough.

The "official" price of a kWh of electricity in Nigeria today is N19, or $0.12 a unit. I can assure you that within the next 5 year, this will have at least doubled, through the complete removal of the remaining subsidy, and price hikes by PHCN. So expect a price of c. N40 a kWh soon. In comparison, at the prices we will charge for our products, the cost per kWh is $0.09 (N14). And that price is fixed for the next 25 years. So it's massively cheaper than grid electricity in Nigeria, never mind the crazy diesel generators.

I hope this post gives some more food for thought. Power is a very important issue for Nigeria's future, and it's up to us to solve the problem and unlock the enormous potential that lies within our population.

Regards

Uvie
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by cashkid: 8:35am On Apr 05, 2013
Barcholder: A big thanks to everyone who politely asked for my posting rights to be restored. Seun kindly obliged, and has restored all rights.

Big thanks Seun as well.

Look out for my next post later on today.

Regards

Uvie
Whao! wat a nice and inspiring thread,kudos to u barcholder.i dont av much to say than to say dat am interested in this and wil like to be one of ur agents wen this eventually kicks off.my mail is kciyomiatgmaildotcom.
Re: The Easiest Way To Get Rich...... by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 05, 2013
Well done Sir.
You are just so Knowledgeable. For people being skeptical about this, I don't think I've seen ANY business owner that is as intelligent as Mr Uvie on this board, at least not in the time I've spent on this forum. Every answer is just so illuminating. I already stated my intentions to join in. Any serious individual should just copy,paste and save all the answers given by Mr Uyi regarding the various questions asked as they will come in handy.
Well done sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make REAL MONEY With Online Casino Game Right Here In Nigeria / AIRTEL DATA NOW!!! 100MB @N100, 1G@N600, 2G @N1100, (ANY PAYMENT METHOD) / National Housing Fund (nhf) Scheme....... Get Informed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.