Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,818 members, 7,798,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya (17576 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 23, 2013
Definitely not a great game for teh Super Eagles as they struggled against the East Africans that did not even qualify for the last Nations Cup. Yet, the 1-1 scoreline is face-saving.

jraushub Player Rating (10)

Enyeama: Not tested that much as the goal he conceded was more of brilliance of teh Kenyan player than fault of the Eagles’ safe-hands. 5

Echiejile: Made a couple of good efforts but his final ball was poor. 5

Oboabona: Average game. Not much ball came his way. 5

Omeruo: The Chelsea player was Nigeria’s stand-out player. He was energetic throughout the game and solid in the defence for Nigeria. He was the reason the Harambeee Stars did not score from open play as his interventions were timely. 7

Kwambe: Home-based Solomon Kwmabe who stood in for suspended Efe Ambrose wasn’t exactly outstanding. He was shaky acouple of times. 4.5

Onazi: The Lazio midfielder was outstanding in one minute and inefficent at another minute. His distribution was okay, as his defending. 5.5

Mikel: The Chelsea man had an average game by his standard. He wasn’t totally disappointing however, as his ball distribution could have been better utilized by the attackers. He also made a couple of daring runs into the opponents area. 6

Mba: Elephant killer, Mba, was quiet as he used to be in most games and made one typical move that could have made difference as he did for Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso. That solo move was however blocked before he became free. He later became surplus to midfield requirement and he was sacrificed as Nigeria desperately needed a goal. 5

Moses: Moses made a number of good footworks but his final ball wasn’t effective. He combined quite well with Martins and Ideye in the opening minutes of the match. hard-fighting Kenyan defenders did not however give him space to operate. 6

Ideye: The Dynamo Kiev forward was caught offside too many times and his positional play was below par. He however charged the Kenyan defence a couple of times as he is wont to do. He needs to do more on his positioning. 5

Martins: Power playing Martins was eager to impress to recalim his space in Eagles team. He wasn’t awful, as he charged the Kenyan defenders and wasn’t selfish either as he freed Moses and Ideye a number of times. His inability to convert the few chances he had may be because he was impatient with himself. He is not spent, he is still needed for this team. 5.5

Musa: He was awful. He ran without thinking. He ballooned the half-chance he got. He didn’t create chance as a winger is expected to do from the flanks. He gave away possession too. 3

Oduamadi: The serie B man, formerly owned by AC Milan, saved Nigeria’s face with a dying minute goal. He wasn’t lively before then. He justified his introduction with the all-important goal. 6

Ogu: The new man in jersey number 4 was introduced when Eagles struggled to get the goal. Not much was seen of him. 5

Keshi: Just a bad day. Nothing technically wrong with the team. His introduction of Oduamadi saved him brickbats from the ever impatient Nigerians. 5

But hey, world champions Spain also drew with Finland yesterday. So our pride is still intact (at least off-twitter cheesy)

http://jraushub./2013/03/23/player-rating-nigeria-vs-kenya/

9 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by modextus(m): 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2013
personally..i think the game was fantastic..the kenyans were just lucky if it was'nt for that brilliant freekick nigeria would have trashed them..and i must confess they have a formidable defence..+ i dont think martins would make the supereagles team ever again..to me the ball possession was nig 90% kenya 10% + nigeria under 20 are trashing congo grin

7 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2013
Moses..5

Mikel..5

Martins.4.5..not his fault though,he made lots of runs but mikel and oboabona wasted lots of balls with faulty long passes.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2013
4th to coment

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
modextus: personally..i think the game was fantastic..the kenyans were just lucky if it was'nt for that brilliant freekick nigeria would have trashed them..and i must confess they have a formidable defence..+ i dont think martins would make the supereagles team ever again..to me the ball possession was nig 90% kenya 10% + nigeria under 20 are trashing congo grin

Park well, Martins try jooor. He go blend with the new team with time.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by zangiff(m): 7:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
na lie...Mikel na -1

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by highlandre(m): 7:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
All I have to say is that Musa is already spent at a very 'young' age. I prefer to be a player down to having Musa out-run his own ball undecided

4 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by AndreUweh(m): 7:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
This our team still needs Osaze.

9 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by BizzieBoi(m): 7:43pm On Mar 23, 2013
Omeruo my real guy:8

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by zangiff(m): 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
rubbish football

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by damola311: 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
Fisherman.com:
4th to coment

Mumu.......wia is uur comment about the post/thread?......#GrowUp
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by sambos994(m): 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2013
Andre Uweh: This our team still needs Osaze.

NO!

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by vokalguy(m): 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2013
Fisherman.com:
4th to coment

You are stupid, uneducated and immature. Who gives a f**k if you are 4th to comment?! Gosh they should ban people like you!

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by dangiwa09(m): 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2013
I think the Kenyans also adapted more easier and faster to that very dry and uneven field, and over-inflated soccer ball than Nigerians did.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by babarazy: 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
What number am I?
Critics are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by DonHummer(m): 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
i will 4giv super eagles of any little fok up @ the moment...evry body wants to do deir best against champions...

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
Fisherman.com:
4th to coment
seems u were watching anoda game,kwambe was xcellent and ur rating of moses was unjustifyd,tz african football and d physicality is high.lear
n 2 appreciate efforts so urs can b appreciated even when u are nt up 2 scratch.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by tofeenab(m): 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
Am surprised dat keshi did not hav a plan B 4 d kenyans. D kenyan defenders were taller & d players were continually tryin 2 lob d ball past d defenders! Dat made d kenyan defenders luked solid. D coachin crew should learn 2 hav plan B's 4 matches.[color=#770077][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by ikweremilitant: 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
Bleep osazie moses is their but why is emenike not invited
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by babarazy: 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
ikwere militant: but why is emenike not invited
injury
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by ikweremilitant: 7:57pm On Mar 23, 2013
But wait o thank God we draw o if not kenya for finish us for twitter
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by BarryX(m): 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2013
Second Half was our game but ironically these Kenyans had a masterplan that almost took us to the trenches,Thank God for the Oduamadi fluke more studs to his boots BTW.Best Player for me should be the Omeruo dude**outstanding and committed performance ** definitely above par!

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by johnwizey: 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2013
Thank God we won,i dont knw hw i wud av felt
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by mosquitoNet(m): 8:03pm On Mar 23, 2013
Jarus: Definitely not a great game for teh Super Eagles as they struggled against the East Africans that did not even qualify for the last Nations Cup. Yet, the 1-1 scoreline is face-saving.

jraushub Player Rating (10)

Enyeama: Not tested that much as the goal he conceded was more of brilliance of teh Kenyan player than fault of the Eagles’ safe-hands. 5

Echiejile: Made a couple of good efforts but his final ball was poor. 5

Oboabona: Average game. Not much ball came his way. 5

Omeruo: The Chelsea player was Nigeria’s stand-out player. He was energetic throughout the game and solid in the defence for Nigeria. He was the reason the Harambeee Stars did not score from open play as his interventions were timely. 7

Kwambe: Home-based Solomon Kwmabe who stood in for suspended Efe Ambrose wasn’t exactly outstanding. He was shaky acouple of times. 4.5

Onazi: The Lazio midfielder was outstanding in one minute and inefficent at another minute. His distribution was okay, as his defending. 5.5

Mikel: The Chelsea man had an average game by his standard. He wasn’t totally disappointing however, as his ball distribution could have been better utilized by the attackers. He also made a couple of daring runs into the opponents area. 6

Mba: Elephant killer, Mba, was quiet as he used to be in most games and made one typical move that could have made difference as he did for Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso. That solo move was however blocked before he became free. He later became surplus to midfield requirement and he was sacrificed as Nigeria desperately needed a goal. 5

Moses: Moses made a number of good footworks but his final ball wasn’t effective. He combined quite well with Martins and Ideye in the opening minutes of the match. hard-fighting Kenyan defenders did not however give him space to operate. 6

Ideye: The Dynamo Kiev forward was caught offside too many times and his positional play was below par. He however charged the Kenyan defence a couple of times as he is wont to do. He needs to do more on his positioning. 5

Martins: Power playing Martins was eager to impress to recalim his space in Eagles team. He wasn’t awful, as he charged the Kenyan defenders and wasn’t selfish either as he freed Moses and Ideye a number of times. His inability to convert the few chances he had may be because he was impatient with himself. He is not spent, he is still needed for this team. 5.5

Musa: He was awful. He ran without thinking. He ballooned the half-chance he got. He didn’t create chance as a winger is expected to do from the flanks. He gave away possession too. 3

Oduamadi: The serie B man, formerly owned by AC Milan, saved Nigeria’s face with a dying minute goal. He wasn’t lively before then. He justified his introduction with the all-important goal. 6

Ogu: The new man in jersey number 4 was introduced when Eagles struggled to get the goal. Not much was seen of him. 5

Keshi: Just a bad day. Nothing technically wrong with the team. His introduction of Oduamadi saved him brickbats from the ever impatient Nigerians. 5

But hey, world champions Spain also drew with Finland yesterday. So our pride is still intact (at least off-twitter cheesy)

http://jraushub./2013/03/23/player-rating-nigeria-vs-kenya/
Musa: 4

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by martin1772(m): 8:04pm On Mar 23, 2013
Those guys really played nonsense, i wonder how they managed to get the afcon cup

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by hayoakins(m): 8:04pm On Mar 23, 2013
The only reason I came here tonight is too read your rating...nice one

Am proud of the Super Eagles..just like Barca vs Chelsea, the Kenyans packed a luxury bus @ d goal post and their height too helped them.... Up S.Eagles

3 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by bigtt76(f): 8:06pm On Mar 23, 2013
Hmmm... so he can continue twitting on the pitch? Osaze 'the twitter' Odemwingie grin grin

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by Eboski(m): 8:06pm On Mar 23, 2013
89 not 2 bad,I will try next time,but back 2 the thread the rating isn't bad,heart attack wan killed me before,[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by genxris: 8:06pm On Mar 23, 2013
Our boys played a good game but they really had hardluck on their side. The kenyan's on their part played well too
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by Joemint(m): 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2013
It ws a gud game 4d eagles, only 2b factual, men! Diz kenyans came 2fustrate my lvly eagles. Dey came 2do a chelsea bt my darlin super eagles did wel 2hv a drawed game. Up my swt super eagles, i lv mikel most.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Kenya by jpcomrade: 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2013
Keshi Warn ya boiz o,dey don start again o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Best Soccer Playing Brothers You Know / AFCON 2021: Peseiro Has Not Signed Contract To Take Over From Eguavoen – NFF / Italian Clubs Lost All 3 European Finals They Featured In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.