Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) (24965 Views)

Petrol Scarcity: Kachikwu’s Comment Fuels Hoarding, Panic Buying / Buhari’s Choice Fuels Anti-jonathan Sentiments In North / Delta Fuels 6 Generators With N3.6bn In 4 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by obowunmi(m): 5:34am On Mar 24, 2013
50calibre:

Aren't you tired of this silly " oga at the top" joke? For how long will you silly guys milk that joke.

making a statement and not a joke. Also, describing a culture.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by obowunmi(m): 5:35am On Mar 24, 2013
If you understood my statement, it's clearly stating that his boss probably knows that he is selling from the personal tank.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Livinusc(m): 8:32am On Mar 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Sorry OP, whilst your effort is commended, but are you sure that tanker was carrying diesel? The tanker appears to be an NNPC tanker used for transporting Kerosine for sale directly to homes.
Its not from d main tank o,it seems d driver is in a short of money so he is taken directly from his reserved tank.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Reference(m): 8:35am On Mar 24, 2013
ghost: Corruption have gone too deep, too comfortable into our Nigerian roots and fighting it has become too much a risk to take when the beneficiaries and their extended clans never want it changed.

When they don't get a job,they scream,they swear and say Nigeria is a failed state.........

When they get the small jobs, they say salary is too small and they are in constant hardship......

When they get good paying government jobs, they steal, they use false measures, they lie and become dangerously corrupt after just a few months....

Here is an NNPC driver I was opportuned to catch at Sagamu Express way, stealing the diesel in his tank provided by his employers (around 6:05pm today 23rd March, 2013) and selling it to people who are equally living on cheating people on a daily basis...

Let hope be restored to Nigeria, please Nigerians.

Don't worry when the PDP is kicked out of office all that will stop. I say no more.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by dammytosh: 8:36am On Mar 24, 2013
homerac7:

^^^

This reasoning is highly stuupid! angry angry angry angry

Are you sure you used Stuupid or nairaland's word control chose that mild word. Cos that reasoning is actually more than stuupid.

We abuse Jonathan, Tinubu etc and yet we are worse when the opportunity is thrown at us.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by muyiwah666(m): 8:37am On Mar 24, 2013
stupid mentality...a thief is a thief either small or big condemn stealing plsssssssssssssssssssss
olas2u: He his a small thief,The big ones are on top using pen to steal
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Exponental(m): 8:38am On Mar 24, 2013
Guys, think twice, dat camera fone can be used against u.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by mecussey(m): 8:38am On Mar 24, 2013
50calibre:

Aren't you tired of this silly " oga at the top" joke? For how long will you silly guys milk that joke.

Oga at the top is using it and you are telling Oga at the bottom not to use it
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by mrofficial2(m): 8:39am On Mar 24, 2013
Well, as big thief oil dey, na so this small one self dey do him own for corner. Most of them will be engaging in this act.

They have refused to kill corruption when it was just micro, and now, it's macro. Ooops, I forgot they are the big wigs in corrupt practices. I mean the government.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Sibrah: 8:40am On Mar 24, 2013
One on one subsidy.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by pappilo(m): 8:40am On Mar 24, 2013
OP na oversabi

I believe Truck drivers are responsible for fuelling their own trucks just like commercial vehicle drivers.

All I can see this guy doing is selling a commodity he has excess of, to people in an area where there is scarcity.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Infact the driver must be commended for being business savvy rather than an all out thief who would sell the kerosine he has been asked to deliver and mix the rest with water.

Direct your investigstions to the real thieves siphoning millions of dollars from the Nigerian treasury on a daily basis.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by playcharles(m): 8:40am On Mar 24, 2013
big lie... check out the photo properly, he was actually filling diesel to his tank (buying diesel), they sell this along Lagos / Ibadan expressway! creating awareness by posting false information, what are you doing along the express
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Ninilowo(m): 8:42am On Mar 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Sorry OP, whilst your effort is commended, but are you sure that tanker was carrying diesel? The tanker appears to be an NNPC tanker used for transporting Kerosine for sale directly to homes.
The OP said it that he was siphoning from his tank not from the tanker.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by jhydebaba(m): 8:46am On Mar 24, 2013
Wetin concern me for this matter I dey church dey listen to sermon joor. Sorry pastor repeat that last sentence.
"let he who has no sin be the first to cast stone"

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by seanswitch(m): 8:49am On Mar 24, 2013
Guy u wicked o!
50calibre: In many hundreds of years to come, people of the world shall tell tales of a country called Nigeria that existed during the 21st century but were corrupt beyond imagination that they gradually self destructed.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Reference(m): 8:50am On Mar 24, 2013
ifyalways: Good work,OP.
It seems like he's selling from his own tank though.

Did he fill that tank from his salary? Reprobate people expecting the best. Righteousness not good government, righteousness not politicking, righteousness not alphabet soup exalts a nation. Countries that are run down are down on a game of numbers. The more people tend to do the right thing the better a family, community, territory or country is. Its not just about leadership. America is america because of americans not because of Barack Obama and Congress alone. Nigeria is nigeria because of nigerians and not Presidency and Reps alone.

Lets all learn to do right. In sufficient numbers this country will change.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Theodosius(m): 8:51am On Mar 24, 2013
baruten67: I don't think you have something doing for been a national security most you snap the plate N0? check yourself before checking someone everybody is corrupt on there on unique way in Nigeria Idiot go and snap those once stealing with pen in the office na, find sth doing enemy of
progress.

guy if u dnt knw wat to say jst keep ur mouth shut nd stop wastn space
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by md4real(m): 8:53am On Mar 24, 2013
With the level of pro-corruption stance on this thread even among the educated elites, I fear for the future!

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by YoshiMaster: 8:53am On Mar 24, 2013
Wow, this shit Kray!

Corruption is everywhere, quick story:

My uncle owns a sand truck for business, and always gives the drivers money to buy diesel for it, but alas one day his good friend in one of the filling stations told him some news.

His friend at the filling station had told him that his drivers came over to buy diesel and offered to square the guys something to forge a receipt i.e they maybe would get 8K for diesel, buy 5, square the guy selling 500, and in turn the guy selling would issue receipt of 8k, aint that shit Kray? Imagine if they didn't happen to go to this station this time.

Now my concerned uncle had to install trackers and camera in his truck, lol.

@OP Thanks for posting this, if the guy really is stealing company fuel, then I am sure he is taking advantage of the inaccuracies in the tanks measuring system (+/- couple litres), so it may be undetectable to his employers to a certain extent.

Anywho, who is really gonna check this guy, is it Police?

Mhahahahaha!! Evil Laugh! (laughing because I recently went to a naija police station and saw chickens fighting, heya!!).

So how do we really solve the corruption problem, I say it starts from a complete overhaul of Police, as in building 21st century Police academies, increasing their salaries to at least 200k/month, equipping them with fairly sophisticated gadgets like police cars with cams and mics, functioning walkies, coordinated response drills, and please have a FREAKING POLICE NUMBER ON ALL CARs, so concerned citizens are never in doubt of what the correct police number is, as it would constantly be staring you in the face everytime a cop car drives by.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Josephnice: 8:53am On Mar 24, 2013
Rastamann: "Oga at the top" has his own share of the lagesse.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by doja(m): 8:56am On Mar 24, 2013
Good work OP. with the kind of comments I have seen far , I can only conclude that there is very little hope for this country. If the driver is truly stealing from his own tank, there is nothing stopping him from stealing from the tanker when there is an opportunity.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Pukkah: 8:57am On Mar 24, 2013
Jopac: Op y U̶̲̥̅̊ come put d plate number Ω̴̩̩̩̥α? Abi U̶̲̥̅̊ no no say Ω̴̩̩̩̥α where person dey work him dey chop. Do U̶̲̥̅̊ want d man 2 b sacked. Dose politicians O̶̲̥̅Ϟ top ® worst dan him, mayb dat Ȋ̝̊̅§ d only way he makes more money 2 take care of his family. Pls let's b considerate atimes a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ mind wat we post.

Can you imagine this kind of warped reasoning from a youth that's probably a christian or muslim.

Just imagine the future of this country if this kind of person manages to get to a leadership position.

@jopac, will you teach your children this kind of mindset?
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by yomip3t(m): 8:58am On Mar 24, 2013
WHAT DO Y'ALL EXPECT WHEN THERE'S NO LAW ?
This are the things you will see.... I'm not surprised and I don't blame the driver.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by mecussey(m): 9:03am On Mar 24, 2013
50calibre: In many hundreds of years to come, people of the world shall tell tales of a country called Nigeria that existed during the 21st century but were corrupt beyond imagination that they gradually self destructed.

It will go like this..My children, there was a country called Nigeria during the 21st century made up of three or more tribes, christians and muslems. The curruption was so much that some wise once had to flee to other countries. They had fought a civilian war during the 1950s and another deadly one broke out when power refuse to go back to the North. The North later succeeded and took power again. 8 yrs later, the south requested for the power again and another civilian war started which coincidentally started with the 3rd world war, when Iran tested their Nuclear war head in the U.S. The war was so bloody and many died, the South west part of the country had never been involved in a civilian war, came out from the fence they have been sitting to come and take advantage of the position of power. There came this great Tsunami from the atlantic, which many believed was a wave from a Nuclear bomb thrown into the ocean and wiped away one of the biggest cities both in Nigeria and Africa as a whole called Lagos. The few people left in that country were homeless and helpless. The civil war ended without a winner or a loser, that was the end of Giant of Africa.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by bootstrap(m): 9:04am On Mar 24, 2013
Op.... Ur effort is highly comendable. I think its just a matter of tym bfor d "e-revolution" catches up with everyone.

P.s: little consign tho, hope d guy wasn't refuelling sha, as per d 2nd pics. D gallon is bent like he was empting into his tank. If U̶̲̥̅̊ ve done transfers like that bfor.... U̶̲̥̅̊ will understand.
By-and-large tho, if d guy is stealing, he shld face d consequences.

Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by ZEN(m): 9:05am On Mar 24, 2013
Thnx paycharles let's be careful here.that guy could be buying not selling.looking at the second pix you will see the gallon raised,meaning he was trying to clear the content of the subtance from the gallon into the tank.the question I'll like the pose to the OP is did he actually witness the whole scene from the begining to the end or he walked into it, QUIKLY took snap shots not to be seen without grasping the through PICTURE?please let us be careful.he could be wrong.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Booty4me: 9:06am On Mar 24, 2013
0p na real wa for you 0... at least you 4 no snap the plate number lah grin
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by slimfit1(m): 9:10am On Mar 24, 2013
Lady Winona: Terrible!!! At what point do we draw the line? At what point? Not only is he wrong but he is also endangering his life and that of innocent victims when safety precautions is been breached. I hope he faces the full extent of the law.

Like your way of thinking, but there are no laws, we are just wasting our money on the parliament because it's like we don't have any, and they only make laws that suite them.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by YoshiMaster: 9:13am On Mar 24, 2013
mecussey:

It will go like this..My children, there was a country called Nigeria during the 21st century made up of three or more tribes, christians and muslems. The curruption was so much that some wise once had to flee to other countries. They had fought a civilian war during the 1950s and another deadly one broke out when power refuse to go back to the North. The North later succeeded and took power again. 8 yrs later, the south requested for the power again and another civilian war started which coincidentally started with the 3rd world war, when Iran tested their Nuclear war head in the U.S. The war was so bloody and many died, the South west part of the country had never been involved in a civilian war, came out from the fence they have been sitting to come and take advantage of the position of power. There came this great Tsunami from the atlantic, which many believed was a wave from a Nuclear bomb thrown into the ocean and wiped away one of the biggest cities both in Nigeria and Africa as a whole called Lagos. The few people left in that country were homeless and helpless. The civil war ended without a winner or a loser, that was the end of Giant of Africa.

I reject that.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by gerald09(m): 9:13am On Mar 24, 2013
I fink its kerosene cos I have seen a few of the capitol/NNPC trucks but they sell kerosene not diesel this was an initiative brought by capitol oil to help NNPC reduce d queues in kerosene stations. But urs might be different.
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by Richieunlimited: 9:16am On Mar 24, 2013
Charity begins at home... Dats A̶̲̥̅ƪƪ
Re: NNPC Driver Sells Fuels From His Truck....(pix) by caesaraba(m): 9:20am On Mar 24, 2013
Jopac: Op y U come put d plate number na? Abi u no no say na where person dey work him dey chop. Do U want d man 2 b sacked. Dose politicians at top are worst dan him, mayb dat is d only way he makes more money 2 take care of his family. Pls let's b considerate atimes and mind wat we post.

This is a very foolish assertion to make. It is this same mindset that has kept our society in the burrow-pit of corruption! I pity your employer, if any.

This is how people reason and when they get into office (though I doubt u ever will), begin to loot public funds and we scream "our leaders are bad!" As if the leaders come from the moon. EEEEEdiota!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode's Daughter, Tobi, Graduates From UK University (Photos) / Sharia Police Arrests 11 Women for Drinking Alcohol, 'Romancing Men' / Saraki Visits Survivors Of Gas Explosion In Nasarawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.