Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

SCAM: Pls Beware Of This E-mail Address Careers@amco-construction - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / SCAM: Pls Beware Of This E-mail Address Careers@amco-construction (2956 Views)

Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware / Pls, Beware Of This Scammer (snapshot)! / Chartered Institute Of Bankers Of Nigeria's Website And E-mail Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SCAM: Pls Beware Of This E-mail Address Careers@amco-construction by aleky: 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2013
I receive a mail from this fake e-mail (Careers@amco-construction) address telling me that i have been given an appointment as a safety officer, and the email was advertise in www.nigerianbestforum.com and they reply me after some days with this mail with some attach files that look so real. But after investigating the the mail and making some calls to the company at uk, i found out that they were scammers n that i s what they do for a leaving. They scam graduates that are searching for job online using that email. so pls BEWARE.

NOTIFICATION OF APPOINTMENT

On behalf of AMCO CONSTRUCTION COMPANY UK, I hereby issue you the soft copy of your appointment letter as a SAFETY OFFICER ,We advice that you make contact with the below accredited personnel of the BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION and process your British Workers Permit as this will enable the company (AMCO CONSTRUCTION COMPANY UK) sponsor your visa and also one month upfront salary in other for you to settle your local expense before embarking on your trip to UK as this is in regard to British employment Law/Act.

It is expected that you join us as early as possible but not later than one (1) Month, beyond which the offer would be in abeyance, until a new date may be considered by us.On acceptance of this Appointment you are to submit the following referenced documents below to us via email and also be present with the below requirements on your visa interview date:

* A copy of your Employee Relocation Agreement duly signed.
* 8-passport sized photos.
* Copies of relevant pages of International passport
* Workers Permit
* Filled British Visa Form

This Offer of Expatriate Work contract is contingent upon the fulfillment of all the above referenced engagement provisions within the time frame allotted to it.

Kindly, acknowledge the receipt of this offer and if acceptable to your expectation, sign the APPOINTMENT LETTER/EMPLOYEE RELOCATION AGREEMENT copy as a token of your acceptance and return same to us within three(3) days of acceptance.

kindly note that you are requested to print- out the Soft copy of your appointment Letter and the copy of your INTERNATIONAL WORKERS PERMIT which you will present to the company on the brief face to face Visa Interview date.

Note also, that you are responsible for the COST of procuring your INTERNATIONAL WORKERS PERMIT,as this will enable the company to sponsor your Visa,Work/Residence Permit Papers and flight ticket including one month upfront salary in other for you to settle your local expense before your embark on your trip to Aberdeen.

The resident work permit clearance certificate that is needed for any
Employee to work in UK should come from the Scottish Immigration here in Britain. Therefore attached to this mail is a BRITISH Visa Form that will be Filled in block letters and submitted.
We will take care of the expenses and the provision of WORK/RESIDENT PERMIT PAPERS AND VISA. Employees would have to provide a Scan Copy of their International passport to enable us undertake the processing of their work and resident permit paper issue.

Note: it is the duty of the employee/worker to bear the expenses of the
International Workers Permit through the BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION for the facilitation of your visa processing.Below are the details of your contact personnel:

BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION CONTACT PERSONNEL
Contact Name: MR EMMANUEL.O.EBERE
Desk: VISA SECTION/INTERNAL AFFAIRS
Telephone: +234-810-876-6595,
Email:emma_internalaffairs.uk@representative.com
Address:Chancery Building 19 Torren Close
Off Mississippi Street,Off Shehu Shagari Way (North)
Maitama Abuja.

Any expenses involved in the processing of the International Workers Permit and other contingency expenditures will be reimbursed by the Company after five working days on Employee's early notification and substantiated with an official receipt of expense.

VENUE OF INTERVIEW-British High Commission
(Management and Visa Sections)
Address: Chancery Building 19 Torren Close
Off Mississippi Street,
Off Shehu Shagari Way (North)
Maitama Abuja.

INTERVIEW DATE-27nd OF MARCH 2013
TIME-11AM

Note that failure to provide a valid INTERNATIONAL WORKERS PERMIT ON YOUR INTERVIEW DATE,will mean an automatic nullification of your Appointment.

Best regards as we await you on the interview date.

MR.Thomas Wright
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
AMCO CONSTRUCTION COMPANY UNITED KINGDOM
Office: Yew Trees, Main Street North,
Aberford, West Yorkshire, LS25 3AA
E-mail: Careers@amco-construction
Tel:+44 7031935850

Re: SCAM: Pls Beware Of This E-mail Address Careers@amco-construction by qualified(f): 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2013
The 1st step to knowing if u are being scammed is ask urself: did i apply to this company? If a company u never applied to, offers u appointment and then scams u; blame urself, not d scammer

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

British American Tobacco Global Graduate (marketing) Progamme 2017 / Byplus Consulting Limited / The Best Job Interview Answers Ever. This Man Just Nailed It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.