Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). (298756 Views)

Aluminium Smelter Company Of Nigeria (alscon) Vacancy / Amcon( Asset Mtg Company Of Nig.) Is Recruiting Fresh Graduates / Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) Jobs And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by chukdc: 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
TCN job is a well payed job becos of the recent restructuring to be effected in their staff welfare and training.Manitoba wants to train the newly recruited Engineers in Canada because NAPTIN does not have the needed facilities.The job it self was propose to start on by August,2013.There is alot of money in newly restructured TCN just like in NNPC or Shell
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by chukdc: 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2013
TCN will be paying Electrical officer 2 not less than N250,000 with various welfare packages and allowances too.With training for 6 months in Canada too.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by charlesjes: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
@chukdc, if I cud recall, minister of power took some certain amount frm phcn to recruit 500engineer tru different consultant (that shud b febauary 2013)wish will b trained in naptin or he is nt talkin abt tcn? And last 2wk dis statement was also made, but not goin to recruit bt the recruitment is already in progress. To me training is in Nigeria and job will start soon,because we will b trained to work wit them and also take over from them ,instead of waiting money on expatriate quote the minister. I stand to b corrected. When re dey goin to start callin I can't tell bt I blive soon.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 3:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
chukdc: TCN will be paying Electrical officer 2 not less than N250,000 with various welfare packages and allowances too.With training for 6 months in Canada too.

Chances are that you have entered one-chance, or probably in deep slumber. What you are implying is that an Electrical Officer 2 (level cool will come in by August and receive a salary that is more than that of a current level 12 staff of TCN? You must be joker. There has not been such upward review of existing TCN staff. TCN has a salary structure at the moment, and the incoming staff WILL follow it, unless something else happens. But for now, don't get to carried away.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by chukdc: 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
@ Solution Guy a lot of reforms are going on now how much do u know that is been payed to electrical officer 2 of recent?I simply said restructuring that is to taking place now.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by chukdc: 4:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
How much is being payed to Electrical Officer 2?National Power training institute does not have the capacity in manpower and equipment to train TCN engineers in the state of the art power equipments to newly constructed and installed.Monitoba proposed training in Canada, unles Fed.Govt rejects it.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
Leave the guy to continue dreaming and giving himself false hope. Even the fresh graduates that joined NNPC last August have their salary as 160K.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by anyaekekehinde(m): 7:26am On Jul 31, 2013
Abeg What is the latest, have people received their letters
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by omooba25: 7:50am On Jul 31, 2013
Hello pple,I think NAPTIN will be starting another training calender by sept\oct.does it mean the recruitment process will be pending till then? Pls share if u have any contrary info or wot do u think?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 8:23am On Jul 31, 2013
omooba25: Hello pple,I think NAPTIN will be starting another training calender by sept\oct.does it mean the recruitment process will be pending till then? Pls share if u have any contrary info or wot do u think?

What has NAPTIN got to do with the recruitment process? The recruitment is by Ministry of Power, for its agency (TCN), a shame if some people don't know this. NAPTIN is a power training institute, also another agency/institute of the Ministry of Power. If anyone needs their training, NAPTIN will give the training whenever it is needed, at a cost and in any of their training centres. You must not follow their training calender because you've got selected modules to run.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by omooba25: 8:32am On Jul 31, 2013
@solutions guy.u don't have be hostile when u re contributing on this thread.the purpose everyone is here is to exchange ideas.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 9:01am On Jul 31, 2013
Omoaba25, You must not interpret someone's info as hostile. Pls, kindly identify the hostile parts of my post. Being direct is different from being hostile. Thanks.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by cyraxjay: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2013
I also heard about salary upgrade too. The current is truly 80K but news has it that it will grow to 200+ monthly. The trainng at canada remains a rumor though. And personally I don't think FG will spend a lot of money now that they complain of being broke.

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hello....... has anyone received response from TCN? cos i heard dat they will start calling applicants 2day. Pls kindly comment if u've received any response. Moreover, let's shun any form of argument, we shld be looking forward 2 receiving success msg first, then other things can follow. Thanks!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by crespo67: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2013
Bros,pls where did u get d info on d calls starting 2 come 2day...we all so eager,waiting and expectant....tanx man...
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by chukdc: 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2013
@ifyDean,You need to know that the federal govt. has earmarked $5.7 billion for upgrading of TCN both in manpower and facilities from now till 2016.They have sourced and gotten initial take of fund of almost half of the money from African,development bank,china,dfid and others.Also manitoba TCN chief executive officer sent proposal to federal govt for the new engineers to be trained in Canada.My friend working in TCN Enugu as Electrical officer 2 told me that he earn N235,000 allowances included.I also confirmed it from a friend in distribution company of NEPA too.You can google some of this to get the facts online.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by chukdc: 2:59pm On Jul 31, 2013
People should learn how to talk in public by using parliamentary language.Nobody is all knowing and all seeing we are all hear to share and learn from one another not to insult ppl.

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by donogaga(m): 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
Let the favour of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work (TCN) of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands! Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the job. May the Lord God who says in His word that there should be no food for a lazy man; have mercy on everyone that is seriously looking for a job to do with their hands, cause them to hear the right information this week, let them be at the right place at the right time, let their turn come and favour them in the name of Jesus. In view of that, I just want to encourage everyone of you to remain calm and be patient, Understand that patience is the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting. You all will get the TCN job but when you eventually get it, I advice that you should be enthusiastic about your work. Be diligent, Be responsible, Treat people with respect, Be committed, Deliver beyond your pay. Above all, May GOD bless everyone of US more than our expectations and may GOD bless TCN and Nigeria at large.

5 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Fritz007(m): 3:39pm On Jul 31, 2013
@ chukdc my guy ar u for real? Coz dat pay sounds too gud to b true....sha i believe we go get d job(TCN) by d grace of GOD
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by lydia5(f): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2013
donogaga: Let the favour of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work (TCN) of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands! Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the job. May the Lord God who says in His word that there should be no food for a lazy man; have mercy on everyone that is seriously looking for a job to do with their hands, cause them to hear the right information this week, let them be at the right place at the right time, let their turn come and favour them in the name of Jesus. In view of that, I just want to encourage everyone of you to remain calm and be patient, Understand that patience is the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting. You all will get the TCN job but when you eventually get it, I advice that you should be enthusiastic about your work. Be diligent, Be responsible, Treat people with respect, Be committed, Deliver beyond your pay. Above all, May GOD bless everyone of US more than our expectations and may GOD bless TCN and Nigeria at large.
Amen Oº°˚ ˚°ºo thanks for the encouragement.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by crespo67: 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
@donogaga....best post here bro...God bless u indeed for doze words of encouragement...may He indeed cause the work of TCN and power in general 2 prosper in our hands...may we keep the right attitude and have the right mindset to work...Amen,Amen,Amen.....

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by cyraxjay: 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2013
Some people are dreaming here. TCN cannot pay such money. People should just be content with what they will get there. But its not as good as they imagine. No one should raise his hope. For thosse that offered prayers, I say Amen.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
donogaga: Let the favour of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work (TCN) of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands! Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the job. May the Lord God who says in His word that there should be no food for a lazy man; have mercy on everyone that is seriously looking for a job to do with their hands, cause them to hear the right information this week, let them be at the right place at the right time, let their turn come and favour them in the name of Jesus. In view of that, I just want to encourage everyone of you to remain calm and be patient, Understand that patience is the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting. You all will get the TCN job but when you eventually get it, I advice that you should be enthusiastic about your work. Be diligent, Be responsible, Treat people with respect, Be committed, Deliver beyond your pay. Above all, May GOD bless everyone of US more than our expectations and may GOD bless TCN and Nigeria at large.
Amen..God bless you man.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 2:12am On Aug 01, 2013
Did any1 frm south-west zone receive a funny call frm som1 who claimed 2 be Engr. Kingsley (PHCN staff) yesterday. Pls kindly comment if u did. @cyraxjay, bt u supported chukdc b4 dat they av upgraded d salary, why now changing ur words?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by cyraxjay: 4:31am On Aug 01, 2013
Yes I said it is rumors. We can't rely on them and get our hopes high.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Jayboi(m): 6:08am On Aug 01, 2013
@ogunwale....wat funny cal is dat o?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 6:43am On Aug 01, 2013
@cyraxjay, wot i kno is dat if it's true dat TCN has been handed over 2 manitoba, the salary will be increased. @jayboi, i think d person was a duper jare. Just dat i was suprised hw he got my CV, ar u frm south-west?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Gloom: 7:46am On Aug 01, 2013
Peeps, why all these juggle and tussle on salary and where trainings will be held? let us for once behave like learned people. one of the contributor to this thread said the will call everybody as far as you were up to 50% efficient during the interview because it is a GOVERNMENT JOB. This is the reason why civil service worker don't perform like their counterpart in private sector. In developed nations, the best hands work for the government and not average people. We should change our mentality and see government jobs as privilege to serve others because you are the best amongst them. For trainings, I think NAPTIN has the capacity to train engineers to take up the assignment, and some others might be trained abroad based on requirement. remember officer 1, officer 2 and officer 4 were interviewed, these categories might be trained separately. We should all prayed that power sector reform should work properly and remuneration will not be a problem. Power jobs pays very well in countries where power network are well optimized.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by crespo67: 8:12am On Aug 01, 2013
@Gloom....very lovely and intelligent post....tanx man....
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 8:34am On Aug 01, 2013
@gloom, neither aptitude test nor interwiew is d best way 2 determine hw potential some1 is. dat am privlledge 2 pass aptitude test dosen't mean dat am beta dan d rest (those dat were nt called bt might passed d test). And i disagree dat private companies workers ar more efficient dan govt workers. Thank u sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply)

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.