Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,207 members, 7,807,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles (1723 Views)

Chronicles Of A Housemaid / Vampire Tale / Anne Enright Wins The 2007 Man Booker Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by ariblaze(m): 7:35pm On Mar 30, 2008
the chronicles is a six, book story

i have book one(interveiw with the vampire)

and book two(vampire lestat)

please anyone with an idea of where i can get the remaining books

i have checked everywhere
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by samyyoung1(m): 7:42pm On Mar 30, 2008
ok

www.google.com

searching

found:0

am sorry tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by ariblaze(m): 8:23pm On Mar 30, 2008
oook silly thanks grin
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by iice(f): 3:40pm On Apr 01, 2008
Da hell? angry angry This is the third time am typing out this post. angry angry

Granson. . .didn't know you were into the chronicles too cheesy cheesy
I have 4.  Too lazy to go look for the others but have read 6 (other 2 was my friend's own)

However aren't there 10 books in the Chronicles?

The Interview with the Vampire
The Vampire Lestat
The Queen of the Damned
The Tale of the Body Thief
Memnoch the Devil
The Vampire Armand
Merrick
Blood and Gold
Blackwood Farm
Blood Canticle

Now there are new ones
New Tales of the Vampires
Pandora
Vittorio the Vampire

Happy Hunting cheesy
Think i'll update my collection this week cheesy cheesy
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by chukky76(m): 7:12am On Apr 02, 2008
dude are you in lagos? if you are men you need to get out more, cos all the f u c k i n g anne rice books both the vampire and witch chronicles are in nu metro- silverbird galleria,
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by ariblaze(m): 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2008
@grandma

coz,

we got same genes grin

i have always being under the opinion that it was 6books

@chukky76

thanks

but are you sure the prices arent cut throat?
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by ariblaze(m): 11:15pm On Apr 02, 2008
back to the vampy issues

why the woman start with interveiw with the vampi?

armaund and lestat were characters in the novel near the end of their vampy prime

queen of the dammed is understood

wetin she get talk?
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by iice(f): 12:54pm On Apr 03, 2008
ariblaze:

@grandma

because,

we got same genes grin

i have always being under the opinion that it was 6books

@chukky76

thanks

but are you sure the prices arent cut throat?

Hehehehe indeed it seems so tongue

I liked that she didn't start with Marius and Armand
It would have been too conventional to start at the beginning.
I like how it goes back and forth.
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by bgees(m): 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2008
The Interview with the Vampire
The Vampire Lestat
The Queen of the Damned
The Tale of the Body Thief
Memnoch the Devil
The Vampire Armand

i have read all of the above.i think ANNE RICE IS OVERRATED. smiley
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by tpia: 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2008
I've heard about her books and read a few reviews, but not the novels themselves.

Anne Rice is a religious writer now, by the way. Now she writes books about Jesus.

Interesting turn of events.

http://www.annerice.com/

http://www.annerice.com/Chamber-Biography.html
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by Sisikill: 12:20pm On Apr 04, 2008
@ Poster
Amazon.com. It's like a flea market. . .they have everything.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/ref=ms_a_3_p1/103-8545399-8700621?ie=UTF8&a=0345385403

@bgee
Oh my Goodness! Finally, someone who sees the light. Anne Rice more than overated. In my opinion, if her Interview with a Vampire was not made into a movie WITH two of the biggest stars of that time. . .everyone would be going Anne Who?

Has anyone read her Sleeping Beauty series? If you have. . .I bow to you. I could not get past the 1st ten pages of the 1st book and this is from a person who reads the back of a milk carton just for reading sake. To say she was. . .God, I can't even describe it. Hopefully someone who's read it can help me out.

And yeah. . .she writing now Christian books. Saw her on a show on one of her tours.
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by ariblaze(m): 12:06am On Apr 06, 2008
granma,bgees counted 6books too
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by iice(f): 3:30am On Apr 06, 2008
tpia:

I've heard about her books and read a few reviews, but not the novels themselves.

Anne Rice is a religious writer now, by the way. Now she writes books about Jesus.

Interesting turn of events.

http://www.annerice.com/

http://www.annerice.com/Chamber-Biography.html

LMAO interesting turn of events indeed.

I haven't read her other books but i like the Chronicles and i don't know if i'l read her other books undecided

Grandson, bgees counted 6books he read wink
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by bgees(m): 5:22am On Apr 06, 2008
I actually enjoyd ' the Tale of The Body Thief'.
I was just curious when i read the vampire armand.

Anne Rice overhypes are vampires,but her vampires are very wack especially lestat.
Imagine stephen king writing his own version of Vampire Chronicles.
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by iice(f): 5:28am On Apr 06, 2008
LOL maybe King's should try the Vampiric scene cheesy

Hmmm really? I enjoyed Lestat more in The Vampire Lestat (though there are pages of drawn out monologues or is it wonderings?)
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by ariblaze(m): 6:10am On Apr 06, 2008
bgees

i beg to differ

anne rice rather than overhype vampires gave a realistic veiw to them,

before her, vampires where bat turning ,gravity defying,leather jacket wearing supermen, with one Frailty  , they couldnt be daywalkers!!

but with her you see the lonely side the dark side what it means to be cursed to walk ones remaining days on earth

she said something about vampires rolling over to die because they cant comprehend with change of time,

i remember at the end of interveiw with the vampire, the way lestat was potrayed as a vampire living in filth and calling for death,

no she gave an inside veiw to a vampires life
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by SMC(f): 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2008
ariblaze:

bgees

i beg to differ

before her, vampires where bat turning ,gravity defying,leather jacket wearing supermen, with one Frailty , they couldnt be daywalkers!!

but with her you see the lonely side the dark side what it means to be cursed to walk ones remaining days on earth

she said something about vampires rolling over to die because they can't comprehend with change of time,

i remember at the end of interveiw with the vampire, the way lestat was potrayed as a vampire living in filth and calling for death,

Vampires are products of myths and folklore, so there can be no such thing as a "realistic view to them". It's almost akin to saying someone gives a realistic view to unicorns, it is an impossibility.
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by ariblaze(m): 8:13pm On Apr 06, 2008
myths oooo folktales ooooo

bottom line is she gives us another perspective to it, comprende?
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by bgees(m): 4:21pm On Apr 07, 2008
ariblaze:

bgees

i beg to differ

before her, vampires where bat turning ,gravity defying,leather jacket wearing supermen, with one Frailty , they couldnt be daywalkers!!

she said something about vampires rolling over to die because they can't comprehend with change of time,

i get ur point, but her vampires were boring, they are almost looked like old ladies.
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by SMC(f): 7:24pm On Apr 07, 2008
ariblaze:

myths oooo folktales ooooo

bottom line is she gives us another perspective to it, comprende?

There is nothing to comprehend. I have already made my point.
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by ariblaze(m): 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2008
yes ma wink
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by bgees(m): 1:35am On Apr 09, 2008
Another point i'd like to make it is that she focuses too much on artistic description of places.i feel that attention should hav been giving to the creation of intriguing,suspense-filled and thought provoking writing.
Her books are like d horror versions of mills and boon.
If u have read 'the vampire lestat' she kept on contracditing herself in d same book.
Plus,her books are slow paced.
And why was lestat bisexual,i cant believe i actually read her 'gay' vampire books.
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 09, 2008
the vampire lestat was way cool
ditto for queen of the damned
also tale of the body thief.

all i will agree with is that her books can be slow in starting. . .

i actually loathed lestat in the bginning based on interview with the vampire- the movie and the book - but after queen of the damned - ( i didn't read the books sequentially) i kinda like the guy
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by iice(f): 6:02pm On Apr 10, 2008
Errhhhh i liked the descriptions undecided
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by ariblaze(m): 8:26pm On Apr 10, 2008
oyb:

the vampire lestat was way cool
ditto for queen of the damned
also tale of the body thief.

all i will agree with is that her books can be slow in starting. . .

i actually loathed lestat in the bginning based on interview with the vampire- the movie and the book - but after queen of the damned - ( i didn't read the books sequentially) i kind of like the guy

am actually shying away from

reading vampire lestat

the first pages dint reach out for me

but now considering what you just said ,i just might
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by HRhotness(f): 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2008
bgees:

Anne Rice overhypes are vampires,but her vampires are very wack especially lestat.
Imagine stephen king writing his own version of Vampire Chronicles.

Anne Rice shows the human side of her vampires, because they are what they are doesnt mean they are animals and have no feelings. they have a deeper, more complex intellectual and emotional side. her books weren't meant to be horror stories, each character has a story and a journey and this is why her books have a large following.

bgees:

And why was lestat bisexual,i can't believe i actually read her 'gay' vampire books.

Lestat or any other vampire isnt bisexual , homosexual or any other sexual.,,,, vampires are sexless with only pure relationships and interactions on an intellectual and emotional level. This is why Lestat can love Louis and Armand and Gabrielle (his mother) without the constraints of homosexuality and incest, for in vampiredom, these do not exist.

Any references to sex in her books are purely symbolic, in PANDORA Marius explains to Pandora that vampires dont have sex because that part of them is dead, and it doesnt matter. all relationships are consummated on an intellectual and emotional level grin
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by ariblaze(m): 10:33pm On Apr 10, 2008
now thats a lady that

thinks one the same level with me wink

well said madam
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by bgees(m): 8:53am On Apr 11, 2008
That was just my opinion.
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by Azanor(m): 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2008
i have read the whole vampire chronicles, including the new tales of the vampire, and though its true that anne rice's writing can be boring at times, i feel that those books couldnt have been written any other way.im a total fan.
i got one of here christian books, christ out of egypt or smthing like that, havent started reading it yet.
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by torture: 1:46pm On Apr 21, 2008
her vampier chronicles are good i have read akasha queen of the damned.pandora.tale of the body theif. vampier lestat.but if you want to really feel anne rice go for witching hour its about a generation of witches called the mayfair witches they have power and money.but what there devil want is to have flesh and become human.he accomplished this through the help of rowan mayfair the thirteenth witch, i have a copy.if you have the sequel lasher we can exchange.
Re: Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles by bellusm: 3:56am On Apr 05, 2012
Rice intended to give readers a whole new twist on a classic genre. And she succeeded in doing so. Her description of their skin, their eyes and their unique abilities is truly innovative in the world of vampire literature. Rice managed to create characters who are interesting and unusual. She took what Stoker started and turned it into something truly new. I've read most of the Chronicles, but Memnoc threw me for a loop so I stopped reading them. I simply could not handle the Jesus/Satan/brother story line. Yes, it is fiction, but still too much for me. I may re-read the first few books just for the heck of it. It's been years since I last read them and just may want to revisit those wonderful characters again. Of course being from Louisiana and having spent a great deal of my childhood visiting my aunt and uncle in New Orleans makes these stories even more appealing to me.

(1) (Reply)

Memoirs Of A Drug Lord (episode 2) / Who Wants To Do A Collabo? (fiction) / How to Write and Win Nigerian Essay Contest in 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.