Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other (23942 Views)

Policeman Tries To Stop A Moving Tanker By Climbing In Through The Window / Famous Lies We Tell / Lies We Have Told Our Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Kaymisola(f): 10:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
1. "Let's hang out some time" This is usually said when you run into a former friend, enemy, frenemy or colleague...We need to stop doing this. I understand that this line serves as a go-to conversation closer for many awkward encounters. But have you ever thought of what would happen, if your counterpart actually said, “yes” and expected a follow-through plan to hang out? Lol...Don’t take the risk. More importantly, we have no intention of hanging out with this person out of our own free will, so why pretend? If you need a conversation closer, “Glad to see you’re still alive. Take care and have an awesome life.” has never failed me.

2. "I'll be in 5minutes or I'm almost there" this is typically said when planning on meeting someone ASAP but you are running late...Do you know why you won’t be there in 5 minutes? Because you haven’t left your house yet. It’s obnoxious because what we’re really doing with this lie is giving someone an expectation that their wait time will be short. Waiting for people is annoying enough, but having to wait for longer than expected is just not cool. Would it really be so bad if we just told each other that due to tardiness, we will be meeting later than we had planned? No it wouldn’t. Unless you are in fact 5 minutes away, let’s stop this ridiculousness.

3. "I didn't get that text" this is frequently said when your friend asks why you didn't respond to their text. First of all (go down low), I completely empathize with the annoyance that you feel when a friend asks about why you didn’t respond to a particular text. Obviously you didn’t reply because you didn’t want to. But choosing to lie is silly because more than likely, your friend knows that you probably got the text in question. Own up and tell him or her the stone-cold truth: you simply didn’t want to.

4. "I'm just so busy" This is said by everyone, all the time. We’re all busy – every single one of us. Some people are busy doing nothing but let’s not get into details here. “Busy-ness” is the excuse that no one can argue with so it’s the perfect white lie in a lot of ways. No, I can’t make it to your house party on Saturday because I’m busy. Yes, I missed your incredible dinner-event-thing last Sunday because I’m busy. Sorry, I haven’t seen, called, or texted you because I’m just so busy, okay? Actually, I’m not. I mean I am busy and yes that might affect going to things or seeing people once in a while. But the truth is I probably just didn’t feel like it. And as terrible of a human being I am to tell you this, whatever you wanted me to do was deemed not as important as my Saturday afternoon nap or Sunday evening date with Netflix. Now you know, and now we can all just be honest about it and feel good. And I know it’s just a white lie, but the truth will in fact, set you free....

Know of any more white lies, pls feel free to share at comment section...

http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/03/guilty-as-charged-white-lies-we-need-to.html?showComment=1364247596954#c3932912783273530492

12 Likes

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by adexsimply(m): 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
agree with numbers 1 and 3..but the rest.....
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Tjohn1(m): 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
i dont tell lies....PERIOD
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by chibyboy(m): 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
Ok too
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by abbey2kool: 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
9ice one
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by adexsimply(m): 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
chibyboy: Ok too
grin grin
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by israel007: 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
We should stop saying

1. we have read and understood the terms and conditions

2. I'm fine when you are not.

3. I hate him when clearly all you await is a smile

4. I know Uti is gay when clearly you have no clue as to how the innocent guy sleeps ànd wakes up.

5. ....

11 Likes

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by inspiredm(m): 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
T-john:

This Line should BE included in the List of Lies We need to Stop Telling Each Other.

33 Likes

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by ajos(m): 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
DIS POST TOO NA HOT LIE....
dat no affect garri price...
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by bigfat07: 5:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
IT IS NOT GOOD TO TELL ANY OF THIS LIES grin IF YOU DO, YOU WIL GO TO HELL FIRE undecided
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Akshow: 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2013
Some lies are acceptable Sha
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by mikedore: 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2013
some times it is necessary to say lies, nd save d day.

1 Like

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by tonyx4x44(m): 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
Just 5 minutes ba After i kill you i will feign self defence in court
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 26, 2013
Lol. These supposed 'Lies' are an everyday thing. Even you poster will fail at it as early as tomorrow. Even our religious leaders that preach against 'lies' do this once in a while so?
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Pray(m): 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2013
When a lady after dressing ask if she looked fine! all i say is Yes even when not looking at her. If you say it is not fine she will definately respond that its a lie it is fine!

4 Likes

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2013
Talk about the devil. I was just about to call you when your call came through.

8 Likes

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by mysticgal(f): 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2013
i do number 2,3,4 infact truthfully i do it everyday,or sometimes but that's just life.

1 Like

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by BarryX(m): 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2013
Can we really picture a typical Nigerian life without such White lies, if the lies doesn't hurt anyone then stopping them is uncalled for and besides most of these lies turn out well

1 Like

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by ZackiGp(m): 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2013
op,if we do all these things,dont u think we'll be too blunt and harsh on friends?
I'm busy is not a lie in anyway.one can be busy sleeping,eating,seeing gf e.t.c
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Judolisco(m): 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2013
Nobody taught us how 2 lie so nobody can stop it
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2013
Kaymisola:
4. "I'm just so busy" This is said by everyone, all the time. We’re all busy – every single one of us. Some people are busy doing nothing but let’s not get into details here. “Busy-ness” is the excuse that no one can argue with so it’s the perfect white lie in a lot of ways. No, I can’t make it to your house party on Saturday because I’m busy. Yes, I missed your incredible dinner-event-thing last Sunday because I’m busy. Sorry, I haven’t seen, called, or texted you because I’m just so busy, okay? Actually, I’m not. I mean I am busy and yes that might affect going to things or seeing people once in a while. But the truth is I probably just didn’t feel like it. And as terrible of a human being I am to tell you this, whatever you wanted me to do was deemed not as important as my Saturday afternoon nap or Sunday evening date with Netflix. Now you know, and now we can all just be honest about it and feel good. And I know it’s just a white lie, but the truth will in fact, set you free....
Joke of the year. grin grin grin grin

Honesty ko, this is an article for learners.
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
Which kind of joblessnes is this?

Nairaland have vacancies.
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by megareal: 5:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
Little lies make the world go round. Would be too boring if everyone told the truth. tongue cool
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by sureteeboy(m): 5:26pm On Mar 26, 2013
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by sureteeboy(m): 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2013
4 bedroom flat is waiting for Liars in hell

1 Like

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by fittty(m): 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2013
Ok
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2013
T-john:
say dat again!!
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by Raypawer(m): 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2013
T-john:

gbam... Remember lies is not all about what you said, but the kind of picture ur putting in the persons mind. So u may say the truth but mean a lie. Its still a form of lie.

Hell is real... Revelation 21:8 says
"but the fearful and, and unbelieving and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, AND ALL LIARS shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death "

3 Likes

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by dickhardener: 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2013
israel007: We should stop saying

1. we have read and understood the terms and conditions

2. I'm fine when you are not.

3. I hate him when clearly all you await is a smile

4. I know Uti is gay when clearly you have no clue as to how the innocent guy sleeps ànd wakes up.

5. ....
uti nice to meet u. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by drlaykay(m): 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2013
Looooooool
This is so funny!
I thought am the only guy that does OP's number 1.
For numb 2,I love keeping to time.that's not at all for me.adhere to d advice if u are guilty of that
For numb 3,that's too childish(u can't beat an intelligent babe of that).have got better ways to manipulate against that wink
For numb 4.hmmm, na me busy pass for dis world.I tell them "you know am a medical student na" grin grin
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by fdiva(f): 5:30pm On Mar 26, 2013
Akshow: Some lies are acceptable Sha
NO LIE is acceptable. All Liars will go to hell fire
Re: Lies We Need To Stop Telling Each Other by fdiva(f): 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2013
mikedore: some times it is necessary to say lies, nd save d day.
so u want to save your day and loose your soul eternally in hell?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are Your Fears In Life? / How I Saved A Girl From Jungle Justice In Onitsha - Henry Ikenna Ugwu / Nigerian Airforce Paratroopers Making Their First Jump (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.