Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,050 members, 7,807,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites (4282 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / We Spent N78m To Upgrade Fashola’s Website – LASG Insists / Armed Soldiers Beating Innocent Citizens Now At Sun Tan Beach Badagry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by EkoAtlantic: 10:50pm On Mar 25, 2013
The state government wants to develop tourism as a means of generating employment for the people.

The Permanent Secretary, Lagos State Ministry of Tourism and Intergovernmental Relations, Ashamu Fadipe, on Monday said the government had mapped out strategies to upgrade tourism sites in Lekki and Badagry.

Mr. Fadipe made this known in an interview in Ikeja.

“Those strategies, include the development of Lekki axis as resort centres and Badagry axis as the former slave routes and its other cultural and tourism potential,” she said.

Mr. Fadipe said that the decision of the state government to develop the two areas was due to their enormous tourism potential.

“The essence of doing this is to harness the potential of the area. The potential are enormous. If you want to talk of what we have in Lekki axis, there are Island culture, lake, lagoon, rivers leading to the Atlantic Ocean and the cultural aspect of people within that locality.

“On the other side of Badagry, we have the first storey building, the slave market and so many other things that have to do with history. These are what the international tourists want to see and these are what adventure visitors want to see. In doing this, it is the way of making the locality known; making the state known and also making Nigeria known as well,” he said.

The permanent secretary said the decision of the government was meant to develop tourism as a means of generating employment for the people.

He added that many people would benefit economically from a visitor that stayed in a locality for at least one week.

http://premiumtimesng.com/arts-entertainment/126736-lagos-to-upgrade-lekki-badagry-tourism-sites.html

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by GalaxyNoteII: 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2013
Eko Atlantic, omo Yoruba ni mi o, so don't attack.

I wish Nigeria and Lagos would adopt multiple nuclei concept of urban spatial planning. A centered concept is not working for Nigeria. we need a Lagos/Abuja in every state.

I'm happy that Lagos is developing, but it saddens me that only one locus is developing in Lagos, and every economic development weighs heavily on that one location.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by EkoAtlantic: 11:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
Galaxy.Note.II:
I wish Nigeria and Lagos would adopt multiple nuclei concept of urban spatial planning. A centered concept is not working for Nigeria. we need a Lagos/Abuja in every state.

I also wish, but if other Nigerians(Fg & other states) aren't thinking the way they should... sorry man undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by sEyi6: 10:56am On Mar 26, 2013
This will be another avenue to increase the IGR of lagos state. This is lovely.
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by tinuolababy(f): 11:12am On Mar 26, 2013
not a bad idea
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 26, 2013
Swag cool
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2013
Nice one!
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by Culbobby(m): 11:14am On Mar 26, 2013
Eko o ni baje
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by iamswizz(m): 11:16am On Mar 26, 2013
i love this new nairaland background
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 26, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

I also wish, but if other Nigerians(Fg & other states) aren't thinking the way they should... sorry man undecided

The truth is dat anything is possible when it comes to innovations and development....but the greatest hindrance to any growth in a nation is political will....it is even worse than corruption....For instance, a friend came from europe witha proposal to build an artificial beach with boat rides and water surfing at Jabi lake, submitted it to FCDA, Abuja...and d idea was dead on arrival....Instead, 1 guy sitting in the office of land allocation is only thinking of how he will sell d land plot by plot to ppl dat want to set up bush bars undecided... Fashola, Donald Duke and some other govs hv shown dat good governance is possible even in our difficult country
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by gustdableman(m): 11:19am On Mar 26, 2013
it is because you are stranded in one state makes you believe that nothing is happening in another state, pls try to visit other state, don't be in your mother's backyard and be rolling your mouth.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by ninja4life(m): 11:21am On Mar 26, 2013
Wen are dey goin to start d work enough of dis lg TO make dem start work b4 we can start givin dem kudos wat abt eko atlantic is dere any progress on dat anyhow 9th to comment
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by Capnd143(m): 11:21am On Mar 26, 2013
Why am i beggining to think that lagos and Abuja is the only working state in the Federation? Abi why am i beggining to think fashola would have been a good choice for 2015? Why am i beggining to think that lagos is soon going to be among the best cities in this hemisphere! Ok lagos here i come? In the voice of bill clinton " i have cancelled my planned trip to dubai".
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by gunuvi(m): 11:25am On Mar 26, 2013
Na only Fashola dey Nigeria?
Double twale for you jare Mr BRF.
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by boron10(m): 11:27am On Mar 26, 2013
UNIBEN alumnus at it again. Fashola for president cool to ensure development across the whole country.
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by Scarpon(m): 11:38am On Mar 26, 2013
e don ter wey I comment for front roll
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by Ijebulogic(m): 11:46am On Mar 26, 2013
BRF - good effort. But please whoever that's in charge of this project should be exposed and well travelled, so they appreciate what tourism is all about. 99% of Nigerians believe tourism is going to stay in 5-star hotels and buying Louis Vuitton bags in Dubai. Even Nigerians that are supposedly "educated" have limited exposure to real tourism. By the way, I hope whoever brought that Sunborn Yacht from the UK and dumped it in Marina as part of a tourism initiative has been fired?
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by dbride: 11:50am On Mar 26, 2013
Fashola is a great forward thinking man. May God increase your wisdom and strength. One day, you will certainly become my President for if you can manage Lagos, you can run Nigeria with your ideas and determination! When your time comes, tribe and religion will have nothing against you. Your performance as an INDIVIDUAL will speak for you!
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by fuckluv(f): 11:51am On Mar 26, 2013
Let the work begin!
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 26, 2013
Buhari/Fashola...

Once u remember Nadia Buari, pls vote Buhari 2015
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by bestower: 12:03pm On Mar 26, 2013
Good thinking, good product.
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by dridowu: 12:31pm On Mar 26, 2013
Eko oni baje ooooooo
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by Abel202: 12:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
Ijogz K: Buhari/Fashola...

Once u remember Nadia Buari, pls vote Buhari 2015

[b]The problem with some people is that they think from bottom up.
Fashola has been performing and has proved to be a great governor,in fact one of the greatest that has ever come out of Nigeria. This guy should be made the president of Nigeria somehow in the future.
Then one silly kid writes Buhari/Fashola 2015. Who the hell is Buhari in 2013? And what has he ever achieved in comparison to Fashola? If you say Fashola/Buhari then I might look at it somehow. Why must it be a Boko Haram Northerner as president, and a shinning performing Southerner as his vice predident? This is why this nation will continue to stagnate. Well thank God we know better. This nation must find a way to put great achievers at the helm of affairs, great people like Fashola, Donald Duke, Rochas Okorocha, Godswill Akpabio, and Anyim Pius Anyim - Yes Anyim Pius Anyim, Find a way to make them presidents in turn. Some people think its only governors that can be made presidents, no. Anyim is a great guy and some day He might also become Nigerias president. Then we can go to the North and source for their vice presidents. These vibrant northerners can be made their vice presidents - Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (if he will learn to guard his utterances), EL Rufai (if he will stop disrespecting constituted authorities, Nuhu Ribadu, etc.
BUHARI'S TIME HAS GONE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. He has contested against Obasanjo and WAS DEFEATED. He contested against Yaradua and WAS DEFEATED. He contested against Jonathan and WAS DEFEATED. IF HE CONTESTS AGAINST JONATHAN AGAIN COMMON SENSE SHOULD TELL EVERYONE THAT HE IS BOUND TO BE DEFEATED AGAIN. Buhari can only win election in some parts of the core North bc he is a religious extremist. He can not win elections in most of the South. That means he can never become Nigeria's president under this democracy. If APC realy wants to have a chance at winning the presidency, they must field a Southerner like Fashola or Okorocha and find a northern VP for him, Shikena.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 26, 2013
Abel202:

[b]The problem with some people is that they think from bottom up.
Fashola has been performing and has proved to be a great governor,in fact one of the greatest that has ever come out of Nigeria. This guy should be made the president of Nigeria somehow in the future.
Then one silly kid writes Buhari/Fashola 2015. Who the hell is Buhari in 2013? And what has he ever achieved in comparison to Fashola? If you say Fashola/Buhari then I might look at it somehow. Why must it be a Boko Haram Northerner as president, and a shinning performing Southerner as his vice predident? This is why this nation will continue to stagnate. Well thank God we know better. This nation must find a way to put great achievers at the helm of affairs, great people like Fashola, Donald Duke, Rochas Okorocha, Godswill Akpabio, and Anyim Pius Anyim - Yes Anyim Pius Anyim, Find a way to make them presidents in turn. Some people think its only governors that can be made presidents, no. Anyim is a great guy and some day He might also become Nigerias president. Then we can go to the North and source for their vice presidents. These vibrant northerners can be made their vice presidents - Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (if he will learn to guard his utterances), EL Rufai (if he will stop disrespecting constituted authorities, Nuhu Ribadu, etc.
BUHARI'S TIME HAS GONE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. He has contested against Obasanjo and WAS DEFEATED. He contested against Yaradua and WAS DEFEATED. He contested against Jonathan and WAS DEFEATED. IF HE CONTESTS AGAINST JONATHAN AGAIN COMMON SENSE SHOULD TELL EVERYONE THAT HE IS BOUND TO BE DEFEATED AGAIN. Buhari can only win election in some parts of the core North bc he is a religious extremist. He can not win elections in most of the South. That means he can never become Nigeria's president under this democracy. If APC realy wants to have a chance at winning the presidency, they must field a Southerner like Fashola or Okorocha and find a northern VP for him, Shikena.[/b]

Keep mourning, you think Politics is by your performance in Nigeria, We are talking about APC only chance of Winning considering the 12million votes already waiting combined with the SW..

Let them win and hope Buhari is called to glory like Yar Adua

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by Venchy: 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
I can't wait for the ongoing construction on BADAGRY Express way to complete, that road will bring an eye opener and the whole area of Badagry will realise it's potentials.
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by babaowo: 2:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
Please N/L does anyone knows the present stage of the rail construction along orile to badagary or seme border road?
Re: Lagos To Upgrade Lekki, Badagry Tourism Sites by ninja4life(m): 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2013
Ijogz K:

Keep mourning, you think Politics is by your performance in Nigeria, We are talking about APC only chance of Winning considering the 12million votes already waiting combined with the SW..

Let them win and hope Buhari is called to glory like Yar Adua
kai u people bad o so u even dey want death 4 some1 who is not yet d presidential candidate talkless of being president to die after being president so dat Fashola can be d president gosh dats too bad.naija politics sef tire me make i just dey drink my bottles of alomo bitters dey siddon dey look as event unfolds nigeria's politics is really difficult to predict

(1) (Reply)

Anti Igbo Buhari's Silence On South Africa's Violence. / At Last! Rotimi Amaechi Strike.explodes; Accuses President Buhari And Tinubu / Finally UK Is Now Against Buhari:see What They Revealed About Him(mindblowing)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.