Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,393 members, 7,781,132 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:29 AM

60th Anniversery since the end of WW2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 60th Anniversery since the end of WW2 (1522 Views)

Donald Duke ''Staring'' At Omotola At Ben-Bruce's 60th Birthday (photo) / Photos From Ben Murray-Bruce's 60th Birthday Celebration / Photos From Governor Obiano's 60th Birthday Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

60th Anniversery since the end of WW2 by Hunter(m): 9:17am On Aug 15, 2005
Today is an important day for all countries this side of the world as it marks the 60th anniversery of the Victory in the Pacific. Signelling the end of world war 2

Which was of special importance to Australia, as it was the first time we truely had to fear invasion and many crimes against humanity were commited by the Japanese against our captured soldiers.

Respect for those who gave there lives and those who are still alive today.
Re: 60th Anniversery since the end of WW2 by sage(m): 12:23am On Aug 16, 2005
yeah, history channel and others were revisiting the pacific war b/w the U.S and Japan today. Just saw the important roles that Generals Mac Authur and Nemith i guess performed to bring an end to the pacific war
Re: 60th Anniversery since the end of WW2 by Chxta(m): 6:50am On Aug 16, 2005
Isoroku Yamamoto. Wasn't that a war crime?
Re: 60th Anniversery since the end of WW2 by Hunter(m): 8:42am On Aug 16, 2005
Alot of what the Japanese did were war crimes...

If your interested look up things like Changi and Burma Railway for Japanese War Crimes
Here's a wikipedia link if you're interested
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes
Re: 60th Anniversery since the end of WW2 by Chxta(m): 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2005
I know that the Japanese committed a lot of war crimes, I can list a lot of them off the top of my head. I am talking of Western and Soviet war crimes that were not listed because they were the victors...
Re: 60th Anniversery since the end of WW2 by Hunter(m): 7:12am On Aug 17, 2005
I haven't really heard any of them being associated with Australia though, by far the worst were the russian's though. They killed far more than even the german's and japanese combined.
Re: 60th Anniversery since the end of WW2 by Chxta(m): 3:32pm On Aug 17, 2005
The Russians didn't commit any war crimes (except the Rape of Berlin of course). The people that the NKVD killed were Soviet citizens...
Re: 60th Anniversery since the end of WW2 by Hunter(m): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2005
surely you must of heard of what the russian's did when they went through poland?
Re: 60th Anniversery since the end of WW2 by Seun(m): 12:13am On Aug 19, 2005
Who cares? We have enough problems right now that it's hard to care about what happened decades ago!
Re: 60th Anniversery since the end of WW2 by Hunter(m): 7:19am On Aug 19, 2005
Quite a few of the people involved are still alive to this day (obviously they would be very old but that is irrelevent)
But we need to know to stop it from ever happening again!
Re: 60th Anniversery since the end of WW2 by Seun(m): 1:24pm On Aug 19, 2005
So how might we prevent it from happening again?
Re: 60th Anniversery since the end of WW2 by Hunter(m): 1:45am On Aug 20, 2005
Just knowing about it is a good start!
Re: 60th Anniversery since the end of WW2 by WesleyanA(f): 1:38am On Oct 07, 2005
i know this topic is old but it was a war for christ sake rolleyes you can't be saying japan commited war crimes. australia did too and so did every nation that fought in it!
japan was bombed twice and Germany suffered from the war so you can't say they were the "bad guys".

there's no "good people" and "bad people" in Wars except if we want to be subjective.

(1) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Asset / Blockbuster Atuegbu Is Dead! / Define Nigeria In Your Words.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.