Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,553 members, 7,801,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! (15157 Views)

Ex-governor, Fashola Denies Fathering Twins With Government Worker / Troops Recover Eight More Towns In Yobe, Adamawa. Pictures. / Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Tamax: 10:36am On Mar 27, 2013
God please visit our LAND NIGERIA
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 27, 2013
Alfamann:

Mary Slessor stopped killing of twins and Mungo Park discovered River Niger. Yes, we've all heard it all before. You really to heed Fela's advice and stop following oyibo book and use your own sense.

White people came to Africa with lies. Destroyed what we had, condemned our way of life. Told numerous lies about us. Sold us as animals. Turned us against each other.

What proof do you have that what you heard about Miss Slessor was true?
Oh really? it's a shame you talk with a deluded mind. If you think Mary Slessor 's story is a fairy tale story, have you ever come across any twins as old as 80 years from the south east and south south? My grand mother of blessed memory said she witnessed killing of twins as a teenager in the 30s.So what the heck are you talking?

3 Likes

Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by logica(m): 10:39am On Mar 27, 2013
These wonderful practices kept our population in check; they should be reinstated. tongue
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by solomon111(m): 10:41am On Mar 27, 2013
Alfamann=PAGAN 9JA
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Alfamann: 10:42am On Mar 27, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: Oh really? it's a shame you talk with a deluded mind. If you think Mary Slessor 's story is a fairy tale story, have you ever come across any twins as old as 80 years from the south east and south south? My grand mother of blessed memory said she witnessed killing of twins as a teenager in the 30s.So what the heck are you talking?

Your grandmother was a liar. There are twins all over Africa including SS & SE. Of all ages and sexes.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Alfamann: 10:43am On Mar 27, 2013
solomon111: Alfamann=PAGAN 9JA

No I'm not a pagan but I will rather African traditional paganism than the religion of slavery.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 27, 2013
Alfamann:

Your grandmother was a liar. There are twins all over Africa including SS & SE. Of all ages and sexes.
kitikpa gba gi n 'ala for calling my grandma a liar! If my grandma is a liar, then you are truthful? stewpid!

2 Likes

Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Alfamann: 10:52am On Mar 27, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: kitikpa gba gi n 'ala for calling my grandma a liar! If my grandma is a liar, then you are truthful? stewpid!

I'm sure there's also another liar in your family who told you that you were born in evil and a jew was killed to wash away your evil.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 27, 2013
have you ever bothered to investigate and find out if there are twins in other tribes e.g Hausa, Fulani states e.t.c apart from yoruba west. something tells me its not only these Abuja peeps that are fond of this practice in Niaja. some research is needed here

1 Like

Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by nagoma(m): 10:59am On Mar 27, 2013
By design ,There is not a single traditional settlement the size of a town in the FCT.even Abaji, gwagwalada and Bwari swelled up to sizes of towns with the coming of Nigerian settlers from all over the country. There are certainly no " 40 towns" in Abuja FCT. The killing of twins is a southern Nigeria forest primitive culture , and if it is practiced in the FCT , it must be by migrants from those areas of the country.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 27, 2013
Aggrippa: have you ever bothered to investigate and find out if there are twins in other tribes e.g Hausa, Fulani states e.t.c apart from yoruba west. something tells me its not only these Abuja peeps that are fond of this practice in Niaja. some research is needed here
Of course it is was practised in Africa in general not only Nigeria. it's such a shame that such is still heard. unfortunately, Mary Slessor is not going to resurrect and finish up her mission. It is left for the government to abolish this evil act.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 27, 2013
Africa and her her younger sister Nigeria are under heavy CHAINS, she is bleeding profusely from numerous insults inflicted on her!!Help is needed urgently
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 27, 2013
Africa and her younger sister Nigeria are under heavy CHAINS, she is bleeding profusely from numerous insults inflicted on her!!Help is needed urgently
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by iykak47: 11:09am On Mar 27, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: kitikpa gba gi n 'ala for calling my grandma a liar! If my grandma is a liar, then you are truthful? stewpid!
grin grin grin Iwe gi adina oku

1 Like

Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Alfamann: 11:10am On Mar 27, 2013
Aggrippa: Africa and her younger sister Nigeria are under heavy CHAINS, she is bleeding profusely from numerous insults inflicted on her!!Help is needed urgently

The worst is when her sons and daughters follow the whites to propagate these lies and insults.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by UncleJJ(m): 11:12am On Mar 27, 2013
Rich Dad: This is Barbaric. Are this people Hausas or which ethnicity or tribe?

Are you Nigerian, shocked

1 Like

Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by nagoma(m): 11:14am On Mar 27, 2013
Rich Dad: This is Barbaric. Are this people Hausas or which ethnicity or tribe?

They must be Igbo.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by smartg(m): 11:17am On Mar 27, 2013
Why shld this kind of thing happen in a whole federal capital of a country, that means Nigeria as a nation is not save at all
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 27, 2013
Alfamann.... U can't call someone a liar without coming up with ur own evidence..

Anyone can do what you doing, so it makes u no different from a foool..

If you think their account of the story is untrue, why not go to those towns in Abuja and find out?

Why not take a trip to southeast and south south of nigeria and ask the elders if those practices ever occured? @
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by ProfessorPeter(m): 11:36am On Mar 27, 2013
princenat: OMG! I only read the first instance and how Mary Slessor stopped killing of twins (I didn't witness it). This underscores the effects of ignorance in a modern age. But wait, some towns in Abuja? May God Almighty see us .through.
Na lie i stay 4 Kuje this my 5years i never c dat kind of thing. Dem dey look 4 money n attention.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Fidelcruiz(m): 11:47am On Mar 27, 2013
how this kind of thing still happen even in Abuja? our missionaries should be at alert
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Alfamann: 11:49am On Mar 27, 2013
obo_man: Alfamann.... U can't call someone a liar without coming up with ur own evidence..

Anyone can do what you doing, so it makes u no different from a foool..

If you think their account of the story is untrue, why not go to those towns in Abuja and find out?

Why not take a trip to southeast and south south of nigeria and ask the elders if those practices ever occured? @

I have gone to those places and asked the questions. Lies. All lies. Urban legends.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by vanstanzy(m): 11:54am On Mar 27, 2013
Na wa o. Some parts of Nigeria, and Africa inclusive still live in the cave-man days.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by kristal4eva(f): 11:56am On Mar 27, 2013
This is so true.I grow up at Abuja and I have had that children are sacrifised to the god of fertility at d begining of planting season for a huge harvest. This I knw is true becos d ppl r traditionalist and very primitive. They don't like civilization.

1 Like

Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Laitesmart(m): 11:57am On Mar 27, 2013
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by paparazzi1987(m): 12:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
IF THESE THINGS HAD HAPPENED IN HAUSA COMMUNITY,NIRALANDERS WOULD HAVE SAID IT IS A TEACHING FROM THE QUR'AN AND THE PRACTICE OF THE PROPHET(S.A.W) undecided undecided undecided
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by dandollaz: 12:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
Na lie... This is pure romour please provide your witness now.how can it be only you that noticed.even nairalanders in Abuja cannot confirm the story.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by zolajpower: 12:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
That is exence of havin social amenities n evry area regadlss of trib. As lng as u are a nijerian. If there hadbeen lite (power) dis native wuld hav seen t on movies nd local tv. D concequncs of killin human in d wrld
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Lilimax(f): 12:25pm On Mar 27, 2013
Nwannaa jiri nwayoo biko na-akpo iyi a. o dikwa egwu!
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Lilimax(f): 12:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
But we are not living in the age of Medevials.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by vanstanzy(m): 12:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
Now see what PAGAN9JA and Ifeness' paganism is causing? angry angry angry Where are those two runaways anyway?
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by vanstanzy(m): 12:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
paparazzi1987: IF THESE THINGS HAD HAPPENED IN HAUSA COMMUNITY,NIRALANDERS WOULD HAVE SAID IT IS A TEACHING FROM THE QUR'AN AND THE PRACTICE OF THE PROPHET(S.A.W) undecided undecided undecided

*Yawns!* What a drag!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zamfara State Governor Visiting Kawaye Village After The Death Of 13 People / Boko Haram Kills 7 Soldiers In Baroua, Niger Republic / Suswam Pulls-out Of Northern Governors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.