Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! (15162 Views)

Ex-governor, Fashola Denies Fathering Twins With Government Worker / Troops Recover Eight More Towns In Yobe, Adamawa. Pictures. / Militants Kill Seven In Raids On Northern Towns- BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Stlatyv(m): 12:34pm On Mar 27, 2013
Rooneyboy: Blood of Jesus !

Me Keh , considered as a strange spirit,
Which kind thing be this one

Thank God for my life ooo .
lwkmo. My bro u dey fear?
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Stlatyv(m): 12:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
Rich Dad: This is Barbaric. Are this people Hausas or which ethnicity or tribe?
na hausas wey dey abia state?
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by amarush(f): 12:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
Hard to believe such practices are still happening in this day and age. I only found out about twin killings a few years ago when my father in law died at the ripe old age of 97. Discussing his life with my hubby who disclosed that his twin was killed, as then it (multiple births) were seen as an abomination, but we are talking about nearly 100 years ago.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Elai147: 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2013
God Forbid! What is the government doing about this?

Dem no fit talk say dem never hear this sad happenings.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Eneze1(f): 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2013
amarush: Hard to believe such practices are still happening in this day and age. I only found out about twin killings a few years ago when my father in law died at the ripe old age of 97. Discussing his life with my hubby who disclosed that his twin was killed, as then it (multiple births) were seen as an abomination, but we are talking about nearly 100 years ago.

please help me to tell @alfamann ooooo, he believes some Africans don't commit such barbaric act
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Eneze1(f): 1:10pm On Mar 27, 2013
Alfamann:

Mary Slessor stopped killing of twins and Mungo Park discovered River Niger. Yes, we've all heard it all before. You really to heed Fela's advice and stop following oyibo book and use your own sense.

White people came to Africa with lies. Destroyed what we had, condemned our way of life. Told numerous lies about us. Sold us as animals. Turned us against each other.

What proof do you have that what you heard about Miss Slessor was true?

stop thinking like someone with his head upside down, I think you are the one that need to use your sense here and read wide and stop being myopic
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Bastituta(m): 1:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
Oga ooo! May Allah save us all ooo
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
Instead of talking, complaining or having pity, we should find a way of stopping this barbaric act.
You can be part of this campaign by broadcasting this on your BBM, facebook, twitter and other social platforms until it gets the attention of the authorities and concerned organisations and individuals that could put a stop to this ungodly culture. I have put up this piece below which I am going to broadcast right away. Pls join me.

40 ABUJA TOWNS STILL KILL TWINS!

"It might shock you to hear that there is still a community that still sees twins or multiple birth as abomination. But it is more confounding to find that the communities are in the nation’s Federal Capital Territory (FCT). How awful that even within the world’s newest city, with all the trappings of modernity, the preponderance of religions and inclinations that abhor killing of human beings, twin kids are still sacrificed to the gods of tradition that don’t want them alive like the biblical story of the notions that passed their babies through the fire of Molech.

Imagine yourself visiting a community called Basa Komo in the FCT and all of a sudden, you come face-to-face with a crowd. You move closer and are confronted with a helpless infant, struggling to set himself loose from the grip of community leaders, who want to bury him alive.

This scenario is not from a Nollywood film or a best selling novel. It happens today in a community in the nation’s FCT. In Bassa Komo, it is abomination to be born a twin, or a mother dies within three months of a baby’s birth, or a child grows upper teeth first or is born with defect. These are all faults of the baby or babies involved"

The villages in these practices today are up to 40. Some of them are in Gwagwalada Area Council, more of them in Abaji, some in Kwali and part of Kuje."

For more details: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/bizarre-40-fct-communities-that-kill-twins/

Pls, rebroadcast and join in this campaign to draw the attention of Ministry of Women Affairs, Human Right Groups, Child Right Organisations, Religious Groups, NGOs and CSOs to these communities and stop this barbaric act.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Alfamann: 1:45pm On Mar 27, 2013
amarush: Hard to believe such practices are still happening in this day and age. I only found out about twin killings a few years ago when my father in law died at the ripe old age of 97. Discussing his life with my hubby who disclosed that his twin was killed, as then it (multiple births) were seen as an abomination, but we are talking about nearly 100 years ago.

See bold faced lie. The problem with liars is that they don't know when they overlie. If your grandfather was a twin in a twin killing community, how come he was still alive at 97? Or did your community do selective killing?
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by amarush(f): 2:06pm On Mar 27, 2013
Alfamann:

See bold faced lie. The problem with liars is that they don't know when they overlie. If your grandfather was a twin in a twin killing community, how come he was still alive at 97? Or did your community do selective killing?

What are you ranting about!? Simples. They killed one, kept the other. No reason to lie, its a shameful/misguided practice and if u ask people/elders of a certain age they will know about it. Don't know why you are getting so worked up about this topic.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Alfamann: 2:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
amarush:

What are you ranting about!? Simples. They killed one, kept the other. No reason to lie, its a shameful/misguided practice and if u ask people/elders of a certain age they will know about it. Don't know why you are getting so worked up about this topic.

Who killed one? Is is now "Africans kill one twin"? I thought it was "Africans kill twins".

I am not getting worked up or anything. I am just pointing out the white lies propagated about us.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by chucky234(m): 2:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
I am sure there are no electricity in those communities making it impossible for them to watch Psquare to see how successful they become as twins,civilisation is way too far from those remote communities.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
haba, Kwali, Abaji, Gwagwalada etc are not in the bush now, how come nobody is doing something?
I really do not beleive the Bassa part of that story, the Bassa children will die of poverty, diseases, hunger etc whether picked or not picked spiritualy for sacrifice!
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
amarush:

it's of no use arguing with that fuccking pagan! I remember my grandma told me how some twins were lucky to have escaped being killed. I mean only one of the twin would be alive because he or she was taken to another village. exactly what we watch in nollywood movies. a distant relation of mine was a twin too. immediately his mother gave birth, the news went to the village head and luckily for him, his father absconded with him being a male and left his mother with the female twin. sadly, the female twin was killed. the man should be in his 80's now.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 27, 2013
Alfamann:

Mary Slessor stopped killing of twins and Mungo Park discovered River Niger. Yes, we've all heard it all before. You really to heed Fela's advice and stop following oyibo book and use your own sense.

White people came to Africa with lies. Destroyed what we had, condemned our way of life. Told numerous lies about us. Sold us as animals. Turned us against each other.

Eneze1:

stop thinking like someone with his head upside down, I think you are the one that need to use your sense here and read wide and stop being myopic

No, YOU stop thinking like a brainwashed dunce. Alfamann raised some magnificent points.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Dibiachukwu: 2:59pm On Mar 27, 2013
Killing of twins is totally wrong.
However mary slessor was one lying biatch. Bleep that biatch. For her defamation, may her name be an example of criminal colonial lies.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Alfamann: 3:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: it's of no use arguing with that fuccking pagan! I remember my grandma told me how some twins were lucky to have escaped being killed. I mean only one of the twin would be alive because he or she was taken to another village. exactly what we watch in nollywood movies. a distant relation of mine was a twin too. immediately his mother gave birth, the news went to the village head and luckily for him, his father absconded with him being a male and left his mother with the female twin. sadly, the female twin was killed. the man should be in his 80's now.

So your tales are based on nollywood movies. smh.

Have you all noticed a pattern with all these urban legend protagonists? It is always "I was told", "my friend saw it", "it happenned to a distant relation" "oyibo wrote it in a book" etc. They never have a first hand account.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by tana4gud(f): 3:04pm On Mar 27, 2013
May God almighty 4gve dem al.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Killing of twins is totally wrong.
However mary slessor was one lying biatch. Bleep that biatch. For her defamation, may her name be an example of criminal colonial lies.
and you feel you just made a point? what have you achieved in your entire miserable life on earth? call her whatever you like, that will not stop the people of calabar and Nigerians to respect her.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
Alfamann:

Have you all noticed a pattern with all these urban legend protagonists? It is always "I was told", "my friend saw it", "it happenned to a distant relation" "oyibo wrote it in a book" etc. They never have a first hand account.
shut up you ignorant fool! you have no right to turn around what history has said. you keeping ranting like a wounded mice yet you haven't given any proof. fuccking pagan!
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Dibiachukwu: 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: and you feel you just made a point? what have you achieved in your entire miserable life on earth? call her whatever you like, that will not stop the people of calabar and Nigerians to respect her.
Why did that biatch go on to put lies in their colonial books about Igbos. This is why I maintain that she is a lying biatch. You can't play with fire and expect not to get burnt.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by guy1234: 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
Alfamann:

U must be a mad man.Is it one of your forefathers that made what u hv used to type dis rubbish?
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Dibiachukwu: 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: shut up you ignorant fool! you have no right to turn around what history has said. you keeping ranting like a wounded mice yet you haven't given any proof. fuccking pagan!
You shut up. You have no proof apart from what the colonial criminals wrote to defame you. Guess what? They also wrote that you are a savage being. Tell me, are you a savage? Believe whatever you want, but don't try to pull any community into your mental laziness.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by amarush(f): 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
Alfamann:

My husbands father was not a "distant relative". If you want a "first hand account" I suggest you jump in a time machine and set the dial to 1900, then come back and tell us how it really went down. The generation affected by this are well into their 90's many have passed away. The generation that witnessed/perpetrated this are long gone.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Dibiachukwu: 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2013
amarush:

My husbands father was not a "distant relative". If you want a "first hand account" I suggest you jump in a time machine and set the dial to 1900, then come back and tell us how it really went down. The generation affected by this are well into their 90's many have passed away. The generation that witnessed/perpetrated this are long gone.
Where is your proof?
Verifiable folklore?
All I hear is crap from the same people that claim to have discovered River Niger and America!
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by GalaxyNoteII: 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2013
And here I'm praying for a set of twins. oga o.

We have tons of twins in my fam, and I want my share from Obatala
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by orekayode: 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
gullible fools
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Alfamann: 4:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
guy1234:

U must be a mad man.Is it one of your forefathers that made what u hv used to type dis rubbish?

Ewu. Keep denigrating your people. Africans were alreading building pyramids and organised societies and kingdoms when the europeans were still in caves.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Metallurgist: 6:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
Rich Dad: This is Barbaric. Are this people Hausas or which ethnicity or tribe?
look at this id-iot the hausa hav been civilised thousands of years back when southern part of this country ar pagan and practice all sort of abominations, the hausas,kanuris, nupes hav schools, courts and prison, established and written laws gorverning every aspect of live and a name for twins and triplets check ur history and for the records this ppl ar not hausas or muslims period
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
Metallurgist: look at this id-iot the hausa hav been civilised thousands of years back when southern part of this country ar pagan and practice all sort of abominations, the hausas,kanuris, nupes hav schools, courts and prison, established and written laws gorverning every aspect of live and a name for twins and triplets check ur history and for the records this ppl ar not hausas or muslims period
u're rite, dunno why southerners esp calabars hate twins. its very annoying dat pple on this forum are still bragging and secretely justifying the killings of twins. SMH.
Re: 40 Abuja Towns Kill Twins! by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 11:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
Rich Dad: This is Barbaric. Are this people Hausas or which ethnicity or tribe? Mr donky,hausa never practise this type of act.When ur ancestors were liveing on d tree and fucking their sisters for fun.Hausa were liveing in an organise society then.So if this story is true,the people are likely to be a pagan tribe.We have alot of them in d middle belt.Remember,the man eating Berom man?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Subsidy Talks: Labour Shuns FG, Begins Protests As Oil Workers Down Tools / Oil Price: Nigeria And The New Reality By Oke Umurhohwo / Arewa Leaders Want North, South West Political Alliance To Grow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.