Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,738 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

My Honda Odyssey 2000 Transmision Is Bad... Help Help!!!!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda Odyssey 2000 Transmision Is Bad... Help Help!!!!!! (1454 Views)

Throttle Position Sensor Fault....car Scan Display On Transmision / Cost Of Gear Lever (automatic Transmision) / My Audi A6 1999 Model Transmision Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Honda Odyssey 2000 Transmision Is Bad... Help Help!!!!!! by kennybaby1990: 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
HELLO NAIRALANDERS and auto gurus.....
I own a honda odyssey 2000 model..
I was informed by my personal mechanic that my gearbox is bad.
at the moment the car doesn't engage nor move when the gear stick is put in any of the drive positions...
when engaged in reverse gear, it drives perfectly.., so in essence it only drives in reverse....
Av called up several mechanics to check it out, every one says i have to change the gear box, that it is totally damaged...
i have changed gear switch and drained/put new atf fluids to no avail..
i scanned the car and it didnt bring up any gear related codes.. just O2 sensor fault..
i even called up a mechanic recommended on this forum by "ELEVEN" who repaired his honda crv transmission..
the guy, Sunday by name told me, after explaining to him my problems, that i should change the gear box. He didnt even check the car out.
when i asked him how he dealt with "Eleven's" honda crv transmision, he said they are two different cars and that they dont use same shift solenoid. But i didnt believe him, cos i have done researches on the issue and got to know that the honda odyssey uses both linear and shift solenoids... what the mechanics have been changing is the linear solenoid (gear switch).. No one has idea of the shit solenoid and its relation to my complains....

Now am in a dilemma, cos i dont have enough money to change the gearbox, i dont believe the gear is irreparable

pls help help help.... my car has been parked for over a month..
Re: My Honda Odyssey 2000 Transmision Is Bad... Help Help!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
hmmmn na big problem be dis o, just buy a replacement engine complete, price of gear alone is almost equivalent to complete engine n gear....as I heard 2weeks ago.
Re: My Honda Odyssey 2000 Transmision Is Bad... Help Help!!!!!! by kennybaby1990: 2:10am On Mar 28, 2013
haaaa
gear box is 90k @ ladipo
engine+ gear is !20-130k
pls help
Re: My Honda Odyssey 2000 Transmision Is Bad... Help Help!!!!!! by kennybaby1990: 11:17pm On Mar 30, 2013
any one
Re: My Honda Odyssey 2000 Transmision Is Bad... Help Help!!!!!! by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 31, 2013
DONT THINK ANYTHING CAN BE DONE BRUV EXCEPT A REPLACEMENT!

kennybaby1990: any one
Re: My Honda Odyssey 2000 Transmision Is Bad... Help Help!!!!!! by layday2005: 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ur gear box is ok. i av the same issue with my honda baby boy. kindly call me 07069686068. My mechanic wil resolve it.
Re: My Honda Odyssey 2000 Transmision Is Bad... Help Help!!!!!! by Unikman: 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2013
I want to beleive, what Smartchoice and Kennybaby1990 have said. I am, also having same problem, with my ODYSSEY 2000 model (which is barely 1 month old). It is, showing "CHECK ENGINE" signal, on the dash-board. And occasionally, it jerks and refuse to move forward (especially, in "hold-ups). But on reverse gear, it moves backward, normally. When I visited a mechanic, he told me, my GEAR-BOX needs replacement. Presently, I am, trying to raise money, for the GEAR-BOX replacement. My brothers, it's not easy. My regards. cool shocked cool

(1) (Reply)

Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification / What Make Of Car Is This? / Good Car Tracker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.