Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? (6339 Views)

Sleeveless Peplum Top / Sleeveless Peplum Top / How To Make A Peplum Belt In 9 Easy Steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? by Nobody: 1:31am On Mar 28, 2013
ok...so the "peplum" began trending last year and it got to a point where i saw a peplum dress, skirt, top or short everywhere i went to, now it has reduced but this has left a question in my mind, is this trend for everyone? tall, short, fat, slim or is there a set of people it doesnt flatter, or people that ought to avoid this trend? share your views please.

[url]resilientlyme..com[/url]

Re: Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 28, 2013

Re: Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? by Nobody: 6:02am On Mar 28, 2013
I am in love with the peplum trend ,really in love! cheesy ,in my opinion it can be worn by every shape ,it helps people with curves accentuate their feminine features, those who have big stomack hide that and helps the boyish shape acquire some feminity.
Re: Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? by kandiikane(m): 7:42am On Mar 28, 2013
This old thing. Never liked it but I actually like that slim fit black one at the top. I think I got one as a gift from my mother but don't know where it is.
Re: Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? by aadetoyin(f): 10:00am On Mar 28, 2013
Peplum is beautiful and has been around for a while before people know went crazy about it.
I love peplum because it fits almost everyone
Re: Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:
I am in love with the peplum trend ,really in love! cheesy ,in my opinion it can be worn by every shape ,it helps people with curves accentuate their feminine features, those who have big stomack hide that and helps the boyish shape acquire some feminity.
ok, that seems quite true... cheesy
Re: Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? by LoveAmaka88(f): 8:28pm On Mar 28, 2013
This is the one style that has never looked good on me. I'm too tall and too curvy. I don't need the extra emphasis. I've tried time and time again because it looks great on other. sad
Re: Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 28, 2013
I tink it ok on everybody no mata d shap or height
Re: Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2013
LoveAmaka88: This is the one style that has never looked good on me. I'm too tall and too curvy. I don't need the extra emphasis. I've tried time and time again because it looks great on other. sad
hmmm, i think thats a first, i thought it looked good on all tall people.

1 Like

Re: Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? by LoveAmaka88(f): 2:06pm On Mar 29, 2013
Yea, I've tried it several times. It's never been flattering. My hips are wide enough without the flair. Also, the different styles often hit my waist too high. Maybe I need to try ones by specific designers. Any recommendations?
Re: Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2013
LoveAmaka88: Yea, I've tried it several times. It's never been flattering. My hips are wide enough without the flair. Also, the different styles often hit my waist too high. Maybe I need to try ones by specific designers. Any recommendations?
dunno about designers but have you tried pleated peplums ? not the normal widely flared ones, i think the pleated peplums give a more svelte look, while the widely flared ones give a curvier look

Re: Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? by ogeelove(f): 6:56pm On Mar 29, 2013
LoveAmaka88: This is the one style that has never looked good on me. I'm too tall and too curvy. I don't need the extra emphasis. I've tried time and time again because it looks great on other. sad
U just haven't found the right one for u. Peplum hides a multitude of faults. It's perfect for every shape and size.
Re: Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? by LoveAmaka88(f): 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2013
Thanks guys! I'll try the pleat. I really like the shorts.
Re: Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? by Nobody: 5:30am On Apr 21, 2013

(1) (Reply)

15 Trending Lace And Ankara Aso Ebi Styles / Queen Of Peace Nigeria Contestants To Resume Camp, As Organiser Unveils Prospect / Rachel Bilson’s Summer Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.