Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,436 members, 7,801,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. (22130 Views)

Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures / Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by ekoilee: 5:04am On Mar 28, 2013

8 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by IB5(f): 6:38am On Mar 28, 2013
Eko ile the bridge is close to completion and not at this present stage you have posted. It has been painted with street light, what is left is the landscaping underneath. I passed by last week.
Should be fully ready by next month may be.

7 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Desola(f): 7:13am On Mar 28, 2013
Now, this is what I see as massive construction.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by dre11(m): 7:33am On Mar 28, 2013
I-B.:
Eko ile the bridge is close to completion and not at this present stage you have posted. It has been painted with street light, what is left is the landscaping underneath. I passed by last week.
You're rite
passed there on tuesday
hope it will b open to the public next mth.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Bontee: 8:11am On Mar 28, 2013
Why should a state government be praised for building a flyover bridge?

12 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Gbawe2: 8:28am On Mar 28, 2013
Bontee: Why should a state government be praised for building a flyover bridge?

Even in the West, urban development is discussed and appreciated by end users. Nothing at all wrong with that.

5 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Pukkah: 8:40am On Mar 28, 2013

Please quote someone that has on this thread praised the state government.

It's not like it's bad to praise genuine efforts to revamp abandoned infrastructure but so far, the posters on this thread have been discussing the progress and scope/size of the project.

8 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by mogentle(m): 8:43am On Mar 28, 2013

Pessimist,.,.,You are welcome. shocked shocked

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by mogentle(m): 8:49am On Mar 28, 2013
Desola: Now, this is what I see as massive construction.

It started from somewhere, the picture shown to you yesterday from Ogun state is that of ongoing 10-lane (Yes, 10-lane) road in Abeokuta. Is that not massive? But you rushed to say it is gutter that you were seeing. Leaping b4 looking is not so good.

2 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by eggheaders(m): 9:52am On Mar 28, 2013
this is the second massive bridge the oyo state government is delievering under 2 years .the dualization of eleyele roads and loads of other roads.more reason why the south westerns will hold on to the progressives.

10 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by EkoAtlantic: 10:24am On Mar 28, 2013
eggheaders: this is the second massive bridge the oyo state government is delievering under 2 years .the dualization of eleyele roads and loads of other roads.more reason why the south westerns will hold on to the progressives.

While some shoeless fisherman a.s.s lickers boasts of their best governor for constructing three flyovers in 6years in the oil richest state of the federation.

@thread, I don't think Ibadan needs flyover anymore, those constructed in the years of it reign as the capital of the old western region is enough. Not less than five flyovers are at the entrance of Ibadan to Iwo road alone. There are other important sectors that needs attention.
Flyovers are what Osun and Ekiti should be executing as projects and not a state Like Oyo

Oyo oni baje ooo. grin

9 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Walexz02(m): 11:25am On Mar 28, 2013
Uhmmmm! Oyo kise bi baba enikan!
Ibadan, here I come...
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Rossikk(m): 11:48am On Mar 28, 2013
I-B.:
Eko ile the bridge is close to completion and not at this present stage you have posted. It has been painted with street light..
It has been what....?
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by IB5(f): 12:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
Rossikk: It has been what....?

It has been painted and street light €rected...

What is there that you don't get?

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by dayokanu(m): 12:34pm On Mar 28, 2013
Aji sebi oyo laari Oyo ki se bi baba enikan

5 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by darmiee1(m): 12:37pm On Mar 28, 2013
These are old pictures @ OP. Anyways, great thing being done in the State.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Rossikk(m): 12:38pm On Mar 28, 2013
I-B.:

It has been painted and street light €rected...

What is there that you don't get?
Oh sorry. Thought you meant it had been painted with street lights.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by adexsimply(m): 12:40pm On Mar 28, 2013
Rossikk: It has been what....?
grin grin grin grin..dont tell me u didn't get the meaning?
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 28, 2013
Praise or no praise, this should have been a normal occurence if our government was functioning. Our people normally don't see any construction being done in our states, so whenever they see AC Governors doing something, they have no choice but to call it massive construction and rejoice. Kudos to all these Governors in the south west.

2 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by AkinDavid2: 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2013
What's the cost?
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by adexsimply(m): 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2013
Akin-David:
What's the cost?
go ask my oga at the top

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by shadrach77: 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2013
dayokanu: Aji sebi oyo laari Oyo ki se bi baba enikan
abi double now...aye nlo eo ri nkan

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by shine12: 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2013
Very Nice!!.

we need to build our own bridges( I guess there are Civil and Structural Engineering graduates in Nigeria) The government too should set up a state owned civil engineerign company that builds all these infrastructures, The chinese are making a fortune from these projects. Check the extract from their website below:

[b]In recent years, CCECC has achieved rapid development, undertaking and executing numerous significant projects ranging from railway, light rail, expressway to bridges, buildings, and municipal works. CCECC has successfully signed the contracts for many large-scale projects in the past three years, such as Nigeria Railway Modernization Project (Abuja-Kaduna Section) (contract value:850 million USD) in 2010; Ethiopia Mieso-Dawanle-Djibouti Port Railways Project (contract value: 1.98 billion USD) and Chad Railway Network EPC Project (contract value: 5.631 billion USD) in 2011; Nigeria Railway Modernization Project (Lagos-Ibadan Section) (contract value:1.487 billion USD), Nigeria Badagery Express Road Project (contract value:941 million USD) and Niger Railway Project (contract value:998 million USD) in 2012. The number of CCECC’s projects in hand amounted to 242 with a total contract value of 19.2 billion USD by the end of 2012, which in turn guarantees CCECC for its sustainable business development and ever growing strength for project contracting.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by collins123(m): 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2013
OK. Let me share some pics here too

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by boron10(m): 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2013
dayokanu: Aji sebi oyo laari Oyo ki se bi baba enikan
Na lie o, this particular oyo dey shebi Eko.

1 Like

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by antiembezzle: 1:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
Are you suprised? Tinubu has mandated all ACN governors to biuld bridges even were there seem to be no factor neccessitating such edifice, with that they'll blind the masses and the already blind, mad. In the sw, performance is connoted by bridges and street lights.
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by emilyone(f): 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2013
Why China? what happened to our own indigenous engineering firms
well, just an observation .
btw, hope its not gonna be tolled undecided
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2013
Good. Now it is just remaining the roof sheets of the entire building in Ibadan.

Oni gbo gbo

2 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Dede1(m): 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2013
It appears overhead bridges are in vogue and celebrated in Yoruba land. I guess prudence with public fund had gone to the winds. It smells like ACN Owambe.

2 Likes

Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by ikweremilitant: 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2013
I-B.:
jankara journalism,any way kudos to d gud pepl of oyo state nd dia gov a job well done
Re: Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. by Okijajuju1(m): 1:42pm On Mar 28, 2013
emilyone: Why China? what happened to our own indigenous engineering firms
well, just an observation .
btw, hope its not gonna be tolled undecided

All the bridges constructed by Bulletine (an indigenous) construction company have started collapsing in Rivers State.. I will rather give the jobs to Julius Berger and have it last 20years than an indigenous company and have it fall after 10 years.. Penny wise, pound .......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Tells Varsities To Access N1.3tr Tetfund Money / Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom / Security Agents Comb Site In New Push Against Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.