Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk (15189 Views)

Ghastly Accident Along Jos-bauchi Road - Warning Graphic Photos / Introduction Letter To UK Embassy / Warning For Pregnant Women Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by quinofhart(f): 9:40pm On Apr 05, 2008
well i am glad there is a clamp down because it is a huge strain on the NHS. Hospitals are struggling , what ? with MRSA etc , not enough staff and then to top it off women who have rich husbands come here to use the system when they have paid zilch into it. It is so so wrong. People working and paying taxes bear the full impact of poor SERVICES as a result of such people who come in to use the NHS as a holiday medical stop over. Many also bring their aged parents to sap the system , they bring them here under false pretences of ''a holiday'' then they use the Nhs for their surgeries etc. Do you know how many people who have lived, worked , paid taxes are having to wait ridiculously long for diff procedures? Not only African's do it, there are economic migrants from all over, especially India, Pakistan.To be honest it is called STEALING.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2008
dnative:

@LondonCool

Would an execption normally be made in a scenario where a holder of a visitors visa deliberately book a childbirth appointment with a private hospital, pays all the fees beforehand and embark upon the trip to the uk with the intention of actually giving birth there and at no expense to NHS or other public funds?

In this instance, you would need to apply for visa for medical purpose, not a visitor's visa.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 10:16pm On Apr 05, 2008
EloSela:

@ Dnative

. . . Now if you knew what I meant initially then maybe you should have just clarified the differences instead of asking the question. Don't you think?

Cheerio!

ouch grin grin grin
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 10:21pm On Apr 05, 2008
quinofhart:

well i am glad there is a clamp down because it is a huge strain on the NHS. Hospitals are struggling , what ? with MRSA etc , not enough staff and then to top it off women who have rich husbands come here to use the system when they have paid zilch into it. It is so so wrong. People working and paying taxes bear the full impact of poor SERVICES as a result of such people who come in to use the NHS as a holiday medical stop over. Many also bring their aged parents to sap the system , they bring them here under false pretences of ''a holiday'' then they use the Nhs for their surgeries etc. Do you know how many people who have lived, worked , paid taxes are having to wait ridiculously long for diff procedures? Not only African's do it, there are economic migrants from all over, especially India, Pakistan.To be honest it is called STEALING.

As a matter of fact, Nigerians are the highest health tourist in UK, the figure given as at 2002 was 1 in twenty NHS user is Nigerian, and if you consider the fact that Nigerians were given visitors visas by the bucketload in 2004, the figure is probably now 1 in 10.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 10:26pm On Apr 05, 2008
Thinking out loud though, why is it that some Nigerians, and Asians are usually happy to play along too (cheat), but once they start earnng £30,000, of which they take home £21,000, they start complaining of people abusing the system to the detriment of the tax-payers.  I guess it is human nature.

[s]Yeparipa, methinks I put my foot in this one big time. Where is Mr Pataki to come and rescue me? Where is that modify button sef?[/s]
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by dnative(m): 10:33pm On Apr 05, 2008
big_bumper:

ouch grin grin grin

No need to dig up a storn where there's none.

dnative:

I did presumed I initially understood what you meant to convey - just wanted to clarify if this was otherwise.

If you can read properly - presumption meant I wasn't !00% sure about what the author meant and decide to seek further clarification to see if this was otherwise. Definitely not the same thing as knowing for sure and giving a defacto clarification. I knowingly decided not to make further response to the author's last post as it would border on trivialities.

And you have to bring all this up again. Shame !
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by dnative(m): 10:36pm On Apr 05, 2008
big_bumper:

As a matter of fact, Nigerians are the highest health tourist in UK, the figure given as at 2002 was 1 in twenty NHS user is Nigerian, and if you consider the fact that Nigerians were given visitors visas by the bucketload in 2004, the figure is probably now 1 in 10.

Always remember to cite your sources!
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 10:41pm On Apr 05, 2008
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by waleab: 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2008
big_bumper:
ouch grin grin grin

so sad if they stopped at just being health toursit and stealing from the NHS that would be bad. majority of them go ahead to get council housing they put to rent and also register the kids for child benefit and get the money paid into the bank accounts. now lets say a typical bed room flat is £100 p/w that is £400 pcm plus another £40 or so in benefits not bad for a rogue is it? there is too much abuse of the system and as i write now one of my sister inlaw doesn't talk to me because i didnt allow her use me to get this for herself. she used some other do gooder and she is all happy with herself collecting what she has not sowed. stealing is stealing no matter which way you look at it. i believe it is extremely wrong for nigerians to come into the uk to abuse the system and go to ireland and spoil the place like they did. it is not about sending your wife to the uk it about not paying for it - that is where the problem is. stop people taking what doesnt belong to them. when you could go to the GPs yaers ago with just a urine as proof of pregnancy only nigerians abused the system so much that the govt spent loads of money checking up on why nigerians were having such a high mis-carraige rate in the Uk without knowing they were not pregnant in the first place.

the same thing they have done in buying homes they cant afford all because they can forge payslips to say they earn what they dont earn
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 10:43pm On Apr 05, 2008
dnative:

No need to dig up a storn where there's none.

If you can read properly - presumption meant I wasn't !00% sure about what the author meant and decide to seek further clarification to see if this was otherwise. Definitely not the same thing as knowing for sure and giving a defacto clarification. I knowingly decided not to make further response to the author's last post as it would border on trivialities.

And you have to bring all this up again. Shame !

What has been dug up Mr Sensitive? A number 37 post to a number 34 statement? Did you fail to see the three sarcastic grin sign after the ouch comment? You, my dear, are the one making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by pahtahkee: 10:47pm On Apr 05, 2008
Bumper what are you up to here? undecided cheesy
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 10:51pm On Apr 05, 2008
dnative:

Always remember to cite your sources!

Don't have time for nit-pickers, google "Nigerian NHS Tourists" or contact the newspapers' or their website achive section circa 2002 or contact the NHS to release the information you want under the "Freedom of Information Act", they would be much obliged.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by pahtahkee: 10:54pm On Apr 05, 2008
waleab:

so sad if they stopped at just being health toursit and stealing from the NHS that would be bad. majority of them go ahead to get council housing they put to rent and also register the kids for child benefit and get the money paid into the bank accounts. now lets say a typical bed room flat is £100 p/w that is £400 pcm plus another £40 or so in benefits not bad for a rogue is it? there is too much abuse of the system and as i write now one of my sister inlaw doesn't talk to me because i didnt allow her use me to get this for herself. she used some other do gooder and she is all happy with herself collecting what she has not sowed. stealing is stealing no matter which way you look at it. i believe it is extremely wrong for nigerians to come into the uk to abuse the system and go to ireland and spoil the place like they did. it is not about sending your wife to the uk it about not paying for it - that is where the problem is. stop people taking what doesnt belong to them. when you could go to the GPs yaers ago with just a urine as proof of pregnancy only nigerians abused the system so much that the govt spent loads of money checking up on why nigerians were having such a high mis-carraige rate in the Uk without knowing they were not pregnant in the first place.

the same thing they have done in buying homes they can't afford all because they can forge payslips to say they earn what they don't earn
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thats true. Took the UK NHS system for granted. But is it only Nigerians responsible for such acts? undecided
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 10:55pm On Apr 05, 2008
pahtahkee:

Bumper what are you up to here? undecided cheesy

Hi, what's up? Just thought I should poke fun at what was written, as well as post some tinny-whinny bit of inflammatory post, but someone (Dnative) took it the wrong way and wanted to start antagonising me.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by pahtahkee: 10:59pm On Apr 05, 2008
Trying to use nairaland to take the break I suggested? tongue Am alright. Though this Saturday has been one helluva of a day. embarassed Can see you have been up to some pranks here. tongue

@ dnative,
Do not pay too much attention to bumper oh. She can be like that once in a while.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by dnative(m): 11:08pm On Apr 05, 2008
@Bigbumper

Asking you to cite sources on statements made as a matter of fact is good practice and not antagonising you. Factual statements won't always be taken hook line and sinker without sources to back them up. Opposing views are not necessarily antagonistic.

@Pahtahkee
It'll be hard to get offended by anything on nairaland. People take it for granted that blanket statements would always pass without opposing views.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 11:11pm On Apr 05, 2008
waleab:

the same thing they have done in buying homes they can't afford all because they can forge payslips to say they earn what they don't earn

Sorry say I never acknowledge you on time my brother, na true you talk o jare. The one that irks me the most is when these some nigerians, blame guys for dabbling in odus, and giving us a bad reputation, as if it is not them buying these goods off this guys at half-price, as well as falsifying and doctoring documents for bogus child benefit claims, housing benefits claim, etc.  

The recent literature I got from London Borough of Barking and Dagenham stated that they had employed fraud and compliance officers to check with a fine-tooth comb,every application for housing (both present and past), with documents submitted to prove identity.

I am currently baulking and quavering in my boots, at the headlines that would acompany their findings.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 11:15pm On Apr 05, 2008
dnative:

@Bigbumper

Asking you to cite sources on statements made as a matter of fact is good practice and not antagonising you. . . 

Yeah right, the tone of your "cite the source . . ." was dripping with so much bile, when all I only did was say "ouch" with a manic grin, Mr Sensitive and uptight.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by pahtahkee: 11:19pm On Apr 05, 2008
@ dnative,
Heard you loud and clear.

@ Bumper,
Got a message to deliver to you. Remember the fight I was in on the travel thread, and you came to my rescue, well the person I had the scuffle with, sends her apology. wink
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 11:21pm On Apr 05, 2008
dnative:

@Bigbumper

. . . Opposing views are not necessarily antagonistic.

Agree 100% with this, but your "view" was drenched with venom, and hence your quote above is not applicable.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 11:45pm On Apr 05, 2008
dnative:

@Pahtahkee
It'll be hard to get offended by anything on nairaland.

Pull the other one. Very rich of you, clutching at straws, instead of simply apologising and stepping up to the fact that you glaringly mistook a joke for a slight on your character. Don't get it wrong o, I don't need your apology o.

If all it takes to push your button is a wise-crack, tongue-in-cheek joke at your expenses . . . If to say you be woman, I for say na PMT dey worry una . . .

It is not in my nature to belittle people, deride people or make fun of people, I also don't condone others who do so. Why did you think I got nick-named Voltron-defender of the universe? [s]I dey poke nose for matter wey concern me, plus the one wey no concern me.[/s] grin
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by waleab: 11:52pm On Apr 05, 2008
big_bumper:

Sorry say I never acknowledge you on time my brother, na true you talk o jare. The one that irks me the most is when these some nigerians, blame guys for dabbling in odus, and giving us a bad reputation, as if it is not them buying these goods off this guys at half-price, as well as falsifying and doctoring documents for bogus child benefit claims, housing benefits claim, etc.

The recent literature I got from London Borough of Barking and Dagenham stated that they had employed fraud and compliance officers to check with a fine-tooth comb,every application for housing (both present and past), with documents submitted to prove identity. I am currently baulking and quavering in my boots, at the headlines that would acompany their findings.

trust the evening standard. please they should bring it to redbridge, hackney and southwark and every other boroughs that these silly idiots have spoilt. pakis, great ones and all should be checked and if found to have taken the govt for a ride the houses should be taken from them period. i am all for people taking houses legitimately not taking what is not yours anfd having the cheek to let it out again
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by dnative(m): 11:55pm On Apr 05, 2008
cmon big bumper - you're going to rant n rave all night about this? - Feel free to continue sha, me I'm going to bed. I'll check up other names you've gotten for me here by tommorrow.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 12:39am On Apr 06, 2008
Na me be raving lunatic? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 12:41am On Apr 06, 2008
Ekene dili chukwu shocked shocked shocked Na me be raving lunatic? walai u no go sleep tonight. Glad to see you have loosened up a bit sha, good night stubborn, unrelenting male-goat.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 12:45am On Apr 06, 2008
pahtahkee:

@ dnative,
Heard you loud and clear.

wetin u hear? shey you don commot the "owu elepo" wey dey for your ear? "na siddon fence look" you dey for dis one o.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 12:50am On Apr 06, 2008
pahtahkee:

@ Bumper,
Got a message to deliver to you.

fire go
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 12:54am On Apr 06, 2008
pahtahkee:

Remember the fight I was in on the travel thread, and you came to my rescue, well the person I had the scuffle with, sends her apology. wink

Aaawwwww, bless, I love happy endings. So glad you are staying then. But sha, you get motormouth small o wink, when you are not in your element in the travel and sports section.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 1:03am On Apr 06, 2008
waleab:

. . . i am all for people taking houses legitimately not taking what is not yours anfd having the cheek to let it out again

That's the bit I can't stand too, some are even so greedy they don't have any right to be in the country yet they own two/three council houses. I don't blame this people for deciding to get tough now, but then would not hold my breath as they would start protesting about their human rights, and Britain being a sucker would fall for it.

The annoying thing is that we are all seen in the same light and I am fed up of hostile news about immigrant in the paper every day.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 1:18am On Apr 06, 2008
Anyway, we can't really blame them, the way this country is structured you have to lie sometimes to get ahead, and the white natives are not savvy enough hence the reason a lot of them are homeless whilst people from outside take their houses, clog up their schools and the NHS.

Can you imagine a reporter from the evening standard went to the Immigration centre in Croydon to enquire about getting council accommodation as a 29 years old British born and bred citizen but was refused because he had no children, no mental or physical health problem, etc. This same guy travelled to France, came back on the Eurostar, presented to the same office in Croydon, as an immigrant with no papers, and was immediately placed in a four star bed & breakfast.

The mind boggles. It really beggars belief.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by bigbumper(f): 1:26am On Apr 06, 2008
Then again, as the yoruba saying goes "the dead don't know how much the coffin costs", if people had to pay towards NHS cost, education, etc and realise that a one day stay in the maternity ward costs £1500, that visits to the A&E costs £500, that it costs over £12,000 per annum to educate a child in a state school, etc, they would have more respect for these provisions.

I think the way forward is to charge people a percentage.
Re: Warning: Don't Send Your Pregnant Wife To Uk by damola1: 2:49am On Apr 06, 2008
If them no give pickin citizen, I still don't understand why people are even trying to go there to deliver,

Though i don't know the standards outside nigeria, but I do quite a bit of research to stay afloat, a fairly OK hospital with sound tools etc, + antenatal, and even delivery cost less than 200k in 9ja, if you don't want ayinke, private Behind and OK hospital oh!

The problem with us is we always think there's something better out there, when will we begin to realise there's no free lunch anywhere!!!, if everyone who travel abroad to deliver save the ticket money back and forth, to improve our health system, I am sure there'll be over 15 reliable hospital founded with just the plane ticket money in the last 3years, Why must you risk your life and that of your baby to go to another man's country where you won't even have the support of your family, only to defraud them, what is so special??

I tire oh!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) / 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) / Petrol Tanker And Car On Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.