Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,635 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (563594 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by atuagbo: 8:45am On Mar 31, 2013
[quote author=didadavid] if you need the manual, email me: david_tella@yahoo.com. Its free. Use "Domain Name Manual For Free" as your subject and I will send it to you.

I 've sent the mail but yet to receive from you. Thks
Paulpurpose2000@yahoo.co.nz

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by DTalented(m): 3:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
I also sent him a mail.
Still waiting for reply
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by isaactolu: 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2013
Let me give some introductory explanation so that pple that don't knw abt domain flipping can get 1 or 2 things. When u see a domain name like nairaland.com, the (.com) is what we called TLD (top level domain) while nairaland is the SLD (second level domain). Now let me give some commonn terms and their meaning
gTLD-generic top level domain e.g .com, .net, .org etc
ccTLD-country code top level domain e.g .com.ng, .de, .it, .uk etc. To be continued

12 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Jamji: 9:14am On Apr 02, 2013
@2sexy

How do you know/find/research a domain name that will sell?

And how long did you have to wait before selling those domain names?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2jideofor(m): 9:44am On Apr 03, 2013
Jamji: @2sexy

How do you know/find/research a domain name that will sell?

The first and last domain sale was through research. They are keyword domains. The 2 in the middle where from drop

And how long did you have to wait before selling those domain names?

Domain 1: I registered it on Friday or so and waited tilL Monday before I got to work... and it sold by Friday.

Domain 2: Was within 2 weeks as we were bargaining price

Domain 3: Was sold in less than 7 days

Domain 4 This one was registered after I sold domain 1 last year as re-invested cash from 1st sale. And it has sold this year October to March as its age. I didnt eve queue up for food at NYSC camp grin grin grin Thanks to domain 4

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Trulie(m): 5:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
@2sexy: by workinq on it do yu mean reachinq out to d end user? I tot once yu get ur domain regstered on say, godaddy fr instance, it gets parked automatically nd they notify yu if buyers are interested in it. Or am i missing somethin? Educate me plz as i hav already applied fr a frstbnk mastercard wer am servin (as only frstbank exst here).
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexynet: 11:54pm On Apr 05, 2013
Tru_lie: @2sexy: by workinq on it do yu mean reachinq out to d end user?

yes- reaching out.

I tot once yu get ur domain regstered on say, godaddy fr instance, it gets parked automatically nd they notify yu if buyers are interested in it. Or am i missing somethin? Educate me plz as i hav already applied fr a frstbnk mastercard wer am servin (as only frstbank exst here).
This will only be if your domain name is Super Premium and that means you will have to wait for years for that buyer to come and meet you and when they do, be sure to make good cash dirty money. This whites are stinky rich and they know business FAR more the we...

A friend recently turned down $65,000 for his ll.com domain name... he himself is a millionaire... that one no move am at all.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Trulie(m): 7:52am On Apr 06, 2013
So how nd wher do i spot interested buyers? Can google do d trick? Also do yu use google trend to know what kind of domain name to regster?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by STEKENT: 8:50am On Apr 06, 2013
Hi everyone, how do you sell your domain? Which site do you use to sell,auction ur site?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexynet: 8:53am On Apr 06, 2013
Tru_lie: So how nd wher do i spot interested buyers? Can google do d trick? Also do yu use google trend to know what kind of domain name to regster?
Yeah google... I dont use google trend. I dont do trends that only last a few hours or spikey news.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexynet: 8:54am On Apr 06, 2013
STEKENT: Hi everyone, how do you sell your domain? Which site do you use to sell,auction ur site?
I dont sell on sites. I am a proactive domain flipper. I fish them out.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexynet: 10:27am On Apr 06, 2013
Brand_new: 2-sexy's contributions are interesting. I have a couple of domains I like to flip.
www.wallambiance.com
www.codedswag.com

Can someone please analyse them.

I'm willing to buY more too.

Hello bro, do u remember this? https://www.nairaland.com/1029098/moneymind-machine-diary#11942608 I will attend to ur question but those domains u got up there aint it...
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Trulie(m): 11:34am On Apr 06, 2013
I discovered most of the domains i intend registerinq hav all bn taken up. For instance, artpros.com/net/co. Shud i go ahead nd regster it in .org wch is stil available?
I have sufferd similar fate whil tryn to regster names like:
-marketsquare.com (i think ds one was already taken in all its gTLDs)
-marketarena.com/.net
-gltech.com (gltech meanin goal line technology) nd so on. Mehnn i tireh ohh.
Anyway sha am still workinq on some new ones.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
"Would you like to know where millionaires like Richard Rosenblatt,
the former owner of MySpace are currently investing their money? Well,
he is investing millions of dollars into domain investing. There is a
way that you can make money too, with expired domain names!

Business 2.0 magazine reported that domain investing is creating a new
class of millionaires who are making as much as $20,000,000 per year
in passive income from simple domain investing.

The field of domain investing is a fairly new one which is just ready
to explode with profits. The web has become the new real estate boom.
Instead of investing in condos and flipping old houses, people are
investing in expired domain names.

So what exactly is an expired domain name? It 's a domain name that
someone had bought and didn't renew for some reason or another. And
each day, somewhere between 15,000 and 70,000 domain names are not
renewed and fall into the category of expired domain names.

What makes some of these expired domain names so valuable? Well, some
have a lot of traffic directed to them already. Some people spent time
building a website and a business online, directing taffic to it,
exchanging links and developing listings with the search engines. Then
they gave up on it or went on to something new. When the original
person doesn't renew the domain name, it becomes an expired domain
name and anyone can buy it.

You may be thinking. How can I make money with someone else 's expired
domain name? Well, there are several ways.

My favorite way is the easiest and simplest. Right now, when a domain
name has expired, the parking company parks the domain. They put ads
on it. When someone goes to that domain and clicks on an ad, they make
money. Now if YOU own that domain name, and register it with a parking
company, which is free, by the way, YOU can get those checks when
someone clicks on one of those ads. It is really that simple to start
a residual income. Those checks will continue to come in month after
month as long as you own that domain name.

Another way you can profit is to resell expired domain names. For
example, the highest reported domain sale in 2006 was $7,500,000. Now
chances are that you're not going to stumble onto a million dollar
website that no one has noticed, but even if you spend $60 and double
your money, that 's not such a bad investment!

Here is another idea. Search for domain names with the same keyword
list that you use for your own website. Suppose you have a business
selling printing, for example. You can purchase expired domain names
with the same keywords and then point the visitors from the old
websites to your new website. This will give you instant traffic!

While there is no way to determine the actual amount of traffic going
to a particular expired domain, you can find out its link popularity
in the major search engines.

These are just a few ways that you can make money with expired domain
names and if you're a creative person, I'm sure you'll think of more.
In no time at all, you could be on your way to making a residual
income with expired domain names!" To Learn More About This Business,
Visit www.danbaba.com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2jideofor(m): 12:45pm On Apr 06, 2013
Of course they would have been taken man. Moste generic keywords are gone.

There are ways to get domain.

1. Drops/ Expired

2. Approach someone who has a desired domain name and buy from them. I have some if you are interested, contact me.
Its dead cheap.
3. Research.

4. NEVER brainstorm a domain name.

Tru_lie: I discovered most of the domains i intend registerinq hav all bn taken up. For instance, artpros.com/net/co. Shud i go ahead nd regster it in .org wch is stil available?
I have sufferd similar fate whil tryn to regster names like:
-marketsquare.com (i think ds one was already taken in all its gTLDs)
-marketarena.com/.net
-gltech.com (gltech meanin goal line technology) nd so on. Mehnn i tireh ohh.
Anyway sha am still workinq on some new ones.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2jideofor(m): 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2013
Another regurgitated garbage from a recycled article and one who has NEVER flipped a single domain name...

Icee20:
"Would you like to know where millionaires like Richard Rosenblatt,
the former owner of MySpace are currently investing their money? Well,
he is investing millions of dollars into domain investing. There is a
way that you can make money too, with expired domain names!

Business 2.0 magazine reported that domain investing is creating a new
class of millionaires who are making as much as $20,000,000 per year
in passive income from simple domain investing.

The field of domain investing is a fairly new one which is just ready
to explode with profits. The web has become the new real estate boom.
Instead of investing in condos and flipping old houses, people are
investing in expired domain names.

So what exactly is an expired domain name? It 's a domain name that
someone had bought and didn't renew for some reason or another. And
each day, somewhere between 15,000 and 70,000 domain names are not
renewed and fall into the category of expired domain names.

What makes some of these expired domain names so valuable? Well, some
have a lot of traffic directed to them already. Some people spent time
building a website and a business online, directing taffic to it,
exchanging links and developing listings with the search engines. Then
they gave up on it or went on to something new. When the original
person doesn't renew the domain name, it becomes an expired domain
name and anyone can buy it.

You may be thinking. How can I make money with someone else 's expired
domain name? Well, there are several ways.

My favorite way is the easiest and simplest. Right now, when a domain
name has expired, the parking company parks the domain. They put ads
on it. When someone goes to that domain and clicks on an ad, they make
money. Now if YOU own that domain name, and register it with a parking
company, which is free, by the way, YOU can get those checks when
someone clicks on one of those ads. It is really that simple to start
a residual income. Those checks will continue to come in month after
month as long as you own that domain name.

Another way you can profit is to resell expired domain names. For
example, the highest reported domain sale in 2006 was $7,500,000. Now
chances are that you're not going to stumble onto a million dollar
website that no one has noticed, but even if you spend $60 and double
your money, that 's not such a bad investment!

Here is another idea. Search for domain names with the same keyword
list that you use for your own website. Suppose you have a business
selling printing, for example. You can purchase expired domain names
with the same keywords and then point the visitors from the old
websites to your new website. This will give you instant traffic!

While there is no way to determine the actual amount of traffic going
to a particular expired domain, you can find out its link popularity
in the major search engines.

These are just a few ways that you can make money with expired domain
names and if you're a creative person, I'm sure you'll think of more.
In no time at all, you could be on your way to making a residual
income with expired domain names!" To Learn More About This Business,
Visit www.danbaba.com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Trulie(m): 5:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
@2sexy:Most defintely i will. Just pray i get issued d mastercard by frstbank on time...
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Jamji: 8:47pm On Apr 06, 2013
@2sexy be easy on him.what he did is what i expect you to do,at least give a detailed guide instead of snippets,tho i know you want to move your thread.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexynet: 9:07pm On Apr 06, 2013
what is detailed about what he has written? I wish u good luck.... BTW, i am very much in a bad mood now. so, i got no time for arguement...
Jamji: @2sexy be easy on him.what he did is what i expect you to do,at least give a detailed guide instead of snippets,tho i know you want to move your thread.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2jideofor(m): 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2013
I got deal worth over £2000. I will report here as soon as the deal is complete and will give details of how I did it.

I may not reveal the domain name for privacy reason because I am dealing with a big company and most times, they dont want their domain in public

2sexy!

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by isaactolu: 8:53am On Apr 15, 2013
Hi 2sexy, if its that domain name u showed me, i believe u will get up to that offer even more. I wnt be happy if whatever happens u sell that name 4 less than £1000. Ure d man.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by DTalented(m): 9:22am On Apr 15, 2013
isaactolu: Hi 2sexy, if its that domain name u showed me, i believe u will get up to that offer even more. I wnt be happy if whatever happens u sell that name 4 less than £1000. Ure d man.

bro thought u promised to send us an Ebook.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2jideofor(m): 10:04am On Apr 15, 2013
isaactolu: Hi 2sexy, if its that domain name u showed me, i believe u will get up to that offer even more. I wnt be happy if whatever happens u sell that name 4 less than £1000. Ure d man.
na d name. I just place it at £2000 here. There 2 interested buyers. I have made the offer open to them. It's first come first serve. The minimum is £2000. The 2nd end user offered to pay £3000, thereby challenging the first who only gave a range of £2000 - £4000 as their targetted offer. They then asked to be giving time to speak with their boss and the get back to us.

Before they could say jack, another guy made a £3000. Of course, we have told them that there is already a £3000 offer.

We then invited them to complete the deal over at Sedo.

So this week, something is coming my way cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy D

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by eddiegracia(m): 10:21am On Apr 15, 2013
My eyes on dat domain man.. Come online now.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2jideofor(m): 10:49am On Apr 15, 2013
eddiegracia: My eyes on dat domain man.. Come online now.
who? Bros, I be corper and I'm at my PPA. Just that I love making money. Period!

I can't reveal anything till the domain is sold.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2jideofor(m): 10:53am On Apr 15, 2013
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by isaactolu: 11:41am On Apr 15, 2013
DTalented:

bro thought u promised to send us an Ebook.
Bros I didnt promise any ebook o, I just said that I will post all I know and due to time constraint have not been able to do that, I will definitely do so as soon as I get chance.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2jideofor(m): 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2013
He mistook you for the other guy dav... Something i guess
isaactolu:
Bros I didnt promise any ebook o, I just said that I will post all I know and due to time constraint have not been able to do that, I will definitely do so as soon as I get chance.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2jideofor(m): 5:34pm On Apr 15, 2013
Okay, today gone, not hear from them...

Tomorrow is next... We have recontacted them again to remind them of their relationship with us.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by eddiegracia(m): 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
2jideofor: who? Bros, I be corper and I'm at my PPA. Just that I love making money. Period!

I can't reveal anything till the domain is sold.

Don't make me come after u boss... I haven't been able to send the mails, you know how it is na, help me abegi ooo.. You know who I rep now, don't u?

Nan/Van
StayConnect.co.uk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.