Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,599 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (563586 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Afoskalex(m): 10:53pm On May 20, 2013
Chibenze:
according to my oga at the top. You buy the domain fro godaddy.com and u market it urself
.You can also use namecheap.com in registrng ur domain name
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by FredAuto(m): 11:30pm On May 20, 2013
I'm thinking of selling www.alltheafricans.com after building the SEO
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:11am On May 21, 2013
2s£xy:
I have just confirmed that being a Nigerian is what has been hidering the recent sale of my domain name... Therefore, I am gonna change everything to reflect I am not a Nigerian.

Never knew it was a crime for being a Nigerian. Damn!

lol.... Nigerians have lots of bad record. Being a Nigerian Online is like wearing a school uniform with the bold text "criminal:Be careful" in it.

Later on AfricanPark.com, i will give you guys many reasons and experience why being a Nigerian can make you fail. online

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:25am On May 21, 2013
So how do I curb this? If I decide to use a US address, how I get a phone number to reflect this? Huh? Or do I change the address and do not include a phone number?
mrnestyy1985:

lol.... Nigerians have lots of bad record. Being a Nigerian Online is like wearing a school uniform with the bold text "criminal:Be careful" in it.

Later on AfricanPark.com, i will give you guys many reasons and experience why being a Nigerian can make you fail. online
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:30am On May 21, 2013
Afoskalex: .You can also use namecheap.com in registrng ur domain name

na which your oga at the top tell you that one? i love godddy because i get cheap domains there. of course there are a couple of other domain registers online.

Just as google with this key word " top domain registers" and you will get the best ones. Avoid registering your domain with those domain resellers. ask google the meaning of domain re-seller.

WHY?

Because you might endup loosing the link to the original domain if they closeup tomorrow. domain re-sellers appear to be original domain registers. most of them do not last long as they are out to make money and if they are unable to make certain amount of sells, their website is closed.

I love godaddy because i can sometimes buy a dot Com domain for 99 cents or 2 dollars. while others like namecheap sell 9 dollars. Meaning with 9 dollars, i can buy about 5 domains on Godaddy but can only buy 1 domain on namecheap and the rest of them.

I always ask google with the search term " godaddy coupon" or "godaddy discount code" . this will return a search result that sends me link to sites were godaddy discount code are offered. to know the cheapest doscount i can get.

Then with that discount code, i can apply it on my purchase and get reduced price.i dont remember when last i bought a dot Com domain for 7 or more dollars. All my .com domain go below 4 dollars with godaddy and i can choose to get all the extention .net,.info,. mobi for less than 10 dollars with go daddy when checking out.

I recently bought a .DE domain for 12 dollars on godaddy when other registeres where selling for 70 dollars. I hope with this few points, you are able to see the reason i choose www.godaddy.com

Read more about how you can buy cheap domain at www.africanpark.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:46am On May 21, 2013
2s£xy:
So how do I curb this? If I decide to use a US address, how I get a phone number to reflect this? Huh? Or do I change the address and do not include a phone number?

I wouldnt advice you to forge your original identity. You are Nigerian, wether you bleach your color or otherwise, it will never change you as Nigerian.

Because everybody is online to make money and Nobody want to be frauded. What most people are interested in is your payment method and how genuine it can be. most buyers do not need your phone number or contact address. Majority of the buyers online would rather prefer to give you their skype/ twitter and facebook id for further discussion and not their phone number.

For the sake of your WHOIS Identity, i did suggest to use a US location. If you have friends abroad, you can take to them to give you their address. Most buyers are not interested in your address. They are most interested in the registerer holding your domain.

If i won buy your domain for example i come see any aspect of Nigeria for the registerer name,men, i go run. WHY?
because e fit be arrangee. meaning it could be possible that you and the registers have arranged to scam me.
also if i won make payment you come send me Nigerian bank account number. bros, i go run........ because if something goes wrong,i might not be able to retrieve my money bank.

In general, what i am trying to say is that you have to understand your weakness in order to establish your success.

I will also advice to use the services of escrow.com. with that both parties are guaranteed. Also Flippa do rate buyers according to the number of successful transactions. this might be a good tips to know who you are dealing with. Sometimes when i sell my sites to buyers, i dont utilized escrow service because
- the buyer already have so many successful purchase according to rating.
- my domain cost less than 3 dollars so i wouldnt feel too bad if i lost the two euros.lol

for more tips on Nigerian domain trading, visit www.africanpark.com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:50am On May 21, 2013
FredAuto: I'm thinking of selling www.alltheafricans.com after building the SEO

nice one bro. i love the front page. i hope say na your girlfriend pics u use cus if na google search pics.the owner fit carry you go court oo. lol

i love the site.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by FredAuto(m): 2:53pm On May 21, 2013
mrnestyy1985:

nice one bro. i love the front page. i hope say na your girlfriend pics u use cus if na google search pics.the owner fit carry you go court oo. lol

i love the site.

Lol thanks na my class mate pics I use she even urge me to put her name, number and business as a model
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dybaba(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2013
mrnestyy1985:

na which your oga at the top tell you that one? i love godddy because i get cheap domains there. of course there are a couple of other domain registers online.

Just as google with this key word " top domain registers" and you will get the best ones. Avoid registering your domain with those domain resellers. ask google the meaning of domain re-seller.

WHY?

Because you might endup loosing the link to the original domain if they closeup tomorrow. domain re-sellers appear to be original domain registers. most of them do not last long as they are out to make money and if they are unable to make certain amount of sells, their website is closed.

I love godaddy because i can sometimes buy a dot Com domain for 99 cents or 2 dollars. while others like namecheap sell 9 dollars. Meaning with 9 dollars, i can buy about 5 domains on Godaddy but can only buy 1 domain on namecheap and the rest of them.

I always ask google with the search term " godaddy coupon" or "godaddy discount code" . this will return a search result that sends me link to sites were godaddy discount code are offered. to know the cheapest doscount i can get.

Then with that discount code, i can apply it on my purchase and get reduced price.i dont remember when last i bought a dot Com domain for 7 or more dollars. All my .com domain go below 4 dollars with godaddy and i can choose to get all the extention .net,.info,. mobi for less than 10 dollars with go daddy when checking out.

I recently bought a .DE domain for 12 dollars on godaddy when other registeres where selling for 70 dollars. I hope with this few points, you are able to see the reason i choose www.godaddy.com

Bro please how do i go about registering a domain name at godaddy.com?. when i click on "checkout" the popup gives me two options "Private Domain Registration" and "Certified Domain with Website Seal", do i need choose any of it? or i should just click on "Continue"
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dybaba(m): 2:14pm On May 22, 2013
mrnestyy1985:

WHY?

Bro please how do i go about registering a domain name at godaddy.com?. when i click on "checkout" the popup gives me two options "Private Domain Registration" and "Certified Domain with Website Seal", do i need choose any of it? or i should just click on "Continue"
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 8:05am On May 23, 2013
dybaba:

What you are buying is a domain name.any other stuff or popup that show during checkout are just addons "additional service" and u will pay for it. So i did suggest you click continue or no thanks botton.

For me i dont buy addon. Rather i look out for the additional domain discount that says add the dot net,dot info and dot org version which all together cost less than 10 dollars.

Later on www.africanpark.com i will tell you were you can find Cheap Unlimited Hosting for your Domain. I will also teach you how to build a blog using wordpress, getting free nitch contents to write on your blog daily.

For the rich content vlog writing, u will have to utilize ur primary school knowledge of summarizing an esay to be successful.

Remember dat year for primary school wey dem go say make we surmarize an essay or a story? Now you go surmarize already written content using nitch keywords.

Visit www.africanpark.com for more info
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dybaba(m): 12:25pm On May 23, 2013
mrnestyy1985:

What you are buying is a domain name.any other stuff or popup that show during checkout are just addons "additional service" and u will pay for it. So i did suggest you click continue or no thanks botton.

For me i dont buy addon. Rather i look out for the additional domain discount that says add the dot net,dot info and dot org version which all together cost less than 10 dollars.

Later on www.africanpark.com i will tell you were you can find Cheap Unlimited Hosting for your Domain. I will also teach you how to build a blog using wordpress, getting free nitch contents to write on your blog daily.

For the rich content vlog writing, u will have to utilize ur primary school knowledge of summarizing an esay to be successful.

Remember dat year for primary school wey dem go say make we surmarize an essay or a story? Now you go surmarize already written content using nitch keywords.

Visit www.africanpark.com for more info
Thanks bro....but how do u get such cheap price on godaddy.com?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 23, 2013
dybaba:
Thanks bro....but how do u get such cheap price on godaddy.com?

just ask google for "godaddy coupon code" or "godaddy discount code"

You will have to apply the code on your checkout to get the discount
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nedum1979: 5:36pm On May 23, 2013
Pls i just registerd a name with www.godaddy.com how can go about the selling , somebody should help please.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 23, 2013
Nedum1979: Pls i just registerd a name with www.godaddy.com how can go about the selling , somebody should help please.

Hi
There are couple of domain and website marketplace on the internet that you can list your website for sale. They range from Flippa.co to Sedo.com to websitebroker.com to godaddy auction. Ask google for more. I have written an easy process of listing your domain on flippa at AfricanPark.com

follow this link to see a step by step process on how you can post your domain for sell on Flippa
http://africanpark.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23&sid=5e86d2a0ce0bc2e384372bb4bbcb7d5c

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dybaba(m): 8:04pm On May 23, 2013
mrnestyy1985:

just ask google for "godaddy coupon code" or "godaddy discount code"

You will have to apply the code on your checkout to get the discount
Thanks bro
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dybaba(m): 8:31am On May 24, 2013
Plz my good ppl, how do I build SEO for my newly registered domains? Thanks.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Tekkyboy(m): 8:19am On May 25, 2013
pls anybody using sedo.com in the aos to help me with there certificatn process.i'av already downloaded the pdf format to my phone.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by wirinet(m): 9:22am On May 25, 2013
Thanks mrnestyy1985 and 2sexy for your contributions. I am interested in the domain selling business, infacti have been considering for a few years now, i have not just gotten the hang of it.

mrnestyy, i appreciate your site and i gleamed a lot of useful information from it. I want you to talk about website flipping, don't you think it is more profitable than just domaineering?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:32am On May 25, 2013
If you are patient and you do your SEO properly, rank your site well and stay away from FREE content or duplicated content, you will make good money.

Make sure you do your keyword research very well... And after 3 to for months, sell them off. Learn how people make money from Amazon. If done rightly, it much more easier to make money with Amazon than Adsense or clickbank because Amazon is a trusted brand for online shopping. Amazon can be akin to paypal for shopping because they are TRUSTED!
wirinet: Thanks mrnestyy1985 and 2sexy for your contributions. I am interested in the domain selling business, infacti have been considering for a few years now, i have not just gotten the hang of it.

mrnestyy, i appreciate your site and i gleamed a lot of useful information from it. I want you to talk about website flipping, don't you think it is more profitable than just domaineering?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:34am On May 25, 2013
You dont really need that... I thought I have given you what you want... What are you still chasing.. Smh!
Tek%kyboy:
pls anybody using sedo.com in the aos to help me with there certificatn process.i'av already downloaded the pdf format to my phone.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:39am On May 25, 2013
After much work and thought, it is obvious that being a Nigerian has cost me a deal worth over £4000.

Yeah... I had another opportunity recently for one of my tech domain and same thing repeated itself. They showed interest and never heard from them again.

Henceforth, I am no longer gonna fly the Nigerian flag in my business anymore, including my name- it's gonna change.

Too bad...
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 25, 2013
Hello, Friends.

one strategy in domaining that can make good money is following long lasting trends...

At one time it was cloud. When cloud technology was introduced, a lot of cloud domain owners made good money and are still making money.

Apple bought icloud.com for how much? Google it. More cloud domains are being sold and that is if you have such domain.
Goto namebio.com and type 'cloud' into the search bar then hit search to see varities of cloud domains that have been sold.

As at last year November, it was Big Data...

I managed to register a few but among them is ONE killer domain I have. I had the opportunity of selling it in January but I spoilt it.

Read my post above where I mentioned that I will no longer fly the Nigerian flag and you will see were I stated a tech domain ish.

Yeah ,that same big data domain name that couldn't sell in January got an interest from IBM. Guess what this time? the NIGERIA in my whois has made them backed out just like my other forex domain name from other forex companies...

If you add the money that my big data domain would have fetched me together with my forex domain name, we would be looking at almost £5000...

... There is another trend on right now. Anybody interested in knowing should contact me via doyen2fine with a gmail extension. BUT only if you will buy me a domain name ooh. No fear. With Godaddy coupon code, you can get it for $2,3,4, or $5 is that too big to buy a domain for me?

Okay... Lesson learnt: hope you have learnt from my own mistake of display a Nigerian address in my whois... I was only trying to be patrotic lol and patrotism don make me lose money.

See you guys later!

Happy Weekend.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 17lee(m): 5:36pm On May 25, 2013
didadavid i have send you a mail please reply thanks.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 25, 2013
Be ready to buy ebook and please to come here like other guys did and say it's the OP that is selling ebook oh.
17lee: didadavid i have send you a mail please reply thanks.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nedum1979: 7:38pm On May 25, 2013
Hello house, i register this two domain three days ago. www.keypoolbet.com & www.smokeforex.com pls house somebody should help me to market them
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 25, 2013
Sorry to burst you bubbles... I dont see any value.

Forex would have been nice but the smoke behind killed it.

Look for something marketable... Something you would buy if someone were to sell to you, would u buy it?

Where is the commercial appeal?

If I had known, i would have posted the forex domain I saw on drop here. But its take now.

It was ForexEagle.com...

Sorry friends... Next time.
Nedum1979: Hello house, i register this two domain three days ago. www.keypoolbet.com & www.smokeforex.com pls house somebody should help me to market them
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 25, 2013
wirinet: Thanks mrnestyy1985 and 2sexy for your contributions. I am interested in the domain selling business, infacti have been considering for a few years now, i have not just gotten the hang of it.

Here is a tip

Think about making 100-500 dollars a month steady income by just writing an article about nigerian issues in topics likes marriage, culture, employment, politics, infrastructure and the rest of them. I bet you wouldnt wanna sell a website that makes 20k-500k/month by just typing in articles.

I think what most people here need is how to build a blog, vlog website and tips on how to write articles and article idea for their blog. You dont need to sell domain. You can think about building a real blog website with your unique domain name then monetising it with adsense and other revenue stream.

So go grab a nice nitch domain name, grab a hosting account from ipage.com for about 15dollars/yr and build a wordpress blog. After 10-15 post, register with adsense and start generating money on a monthly basis.

You can pic a nitch topic like nigerian banking, nigerian mariages, nigerian politics, nigerin culture, how to spot a nigerian scammer, how to know a yahoo boy, nigerian gsm shits, boko haram or university blog. Play with google keyword tool to get a very good keyward for your topics/contents

You could utilise social network platforms like facebook and tweeter for your marketing. Because i believe in the 6 degree of inter connectivity law meaning every 6th person os connected. If your friends on your facebook friendlist visit your blog share share the post with their other friends in their network, it means that you are getting more page view, page clicks and thus backlink which mean revenue income for you and thus increases the value of your domain/website name.

That is how to be successful at flipping website.that is mostly what people that flip website do. And i think a nigerian can do it better because their are a thousand nigerian problem thats would be a hot topic on search engine.

Ask me question on africanpark.com and inwill try to reply if i get some free time.

Have a nice weekend

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 25, 2013
Not sure if any of you use iphone. If you do, you might find this apps useful. Sibername. Its a nice apps for matching words for a good domain. It automatically tells you if the domain name is available, the extention available and the whois of the unavailable one. this are done with just 1 click making it easier and faster to search domains. Download from apps store and try it out.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Intellab(m): 12:55am On May 26, 2013
I want to flip the site/domain in my signature (freepsxroms.com). It is ranked on page 1 for three heavyly searched keywords. I need help.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:40am On May 26, 2013
Hello...

Concerning the trendy niche I talked about, anybody interested should contact me...

I have managed to come up with 12 good domains in this niche which are still available for registration.

Send me an email and we move on from there...

This a multibillion dollar industry as the major one word domain in this niche was bought last year for 4.2 million dollars.

Mind you, this domains are not for quick flip. They are for future sales because the industry is just starting and domainers are already getting on this hot cake...

I can't post link so that I don't get banned.

But if you will buy me a domain name and would like to get into this niche, send me an email... And let's get the ball rolling.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by wirinet(m): 8:49am On May 26, 2013
mrnestyy1985:

Here is a tip

Think about making 100-500 dollars a month steady income by just writing an article about nigerian issues in topics likes marriage, culture, employment, politics, infrastructure and the rest of them. I bet you wouldnt wanna sell a website that makes 20k-500k/month by just typing in articles.

I think what most people here need is how to build a blog, vlog website and tips on how to write articles and article idea for their blog. You dont need to sell domain. You can think about building a real blog website with your unique domain name then monetising it with adsense and other revenue stream.

So go grab a nice nitch domain name, grab a hosting account from ipage.com for about 15dollars/yr and build a wordpress blog. After 10-15 post, register with adsense and start generating money on a monthly basis.

You can pic a nitch topic like nigerian banking, nigerian mariages, nigerian politics, nigerin culture, how to spot a nigerian scammer, how to know a yahoo boy, nigerian gsm shits, boko haram or university blog. Play with google keyword tool to get a very good keyward for your topics/contents

You could utilise social network platforms like facebook and tweeter for your marketing. Because i believe in the 6 degree of inter connectivity law meaning every 6th person os connected. If your friends on your facebook friendlist visit your blog share share the post with their other friends in their network, it means that you are getting more page view, page clicks and thus backlink which mean revenue income for you and thus increases the value of your domain/website name.

That is how to be successful at flipping website.that is mostly what people that flip website do. And i think a nigerian can do it better because their are a thousand nigerian problem thats would be a hot topic on search engine.

Ask me question on africanpark.com and inwill try to reply if i get some free time.

Have a nice weekend

Thank you once again for sharing information, giving out information is more valuable that giving out money. But I quarrel a bit with your exaggeration. Making 20k - 500k through adsense is no beans. To make up to $100per month, you would require up to at least 5,000 page views a day. Building traffic to a new site is quite a challenge, that is why I think other means of generating income should be employed instead of just adsense. I know someone in a niche(health)that have been using adsense for up to 3 years now and is yet to generate $100 inn total.

I want to ask if you have been able to implement the method as you adviced. Do you write your articles yourself or you get a copywritter? do you implement the method in all you domains? because managing articles in like 10 domains is not an easy task.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.