Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 (11934 Views)

Barcelona Vs AC Milan : UCL (4 - 0) On 12th March 2013 / Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona - El Clasico (2 - 1) On 2nd March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by onatisi(m): 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2013
chelsea is finished grin grin
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Eziachi: 7:09pm On Mar 30, 2013
2legit2qwt:

Exactly my point, it's very easy to tell the difference when a better coach is in charge of things. Benitez isn't good enough for Chelsea
Was't it the same Benitez that won the champion league with Liverpool and Liga with Valencia despite the two Spanish Giants?
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Shollyps(m): 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2013
Eziachi:
Was't it the same Benitez that won the champion league with Liverpool and Liga with Valencia despite the two Spanish Giants?
i no knw 4 d chelsea fans.its d passion to play of d player dat mata not d coach fault atall,let mourinho cum in witout buying any player next season we go see hw d team go perform
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 30, 2013
Eziachi:

You're right. Sometimes, good players can make a coach look good. Valencia won the La Liga with fewest number of goals scored in the history of the league - 38 goals in 38 matches. Also, Liverpool captain, Gerrard always gives his all for his team, regardless of who the manager is.
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Belovedd: 7:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
Kaxmytex: Chelsea nxt 5 fixtures in d EPL
VS sunderland [home]
VS fulham [away]
VS tottenham [home]
VS liverpool [away]
VS swansea [home]

Tottenham nxt 5 fixtures in d EPL
VS Everton [home]
VS Chelsea [Away
VS man city [home]
VS wigan [away]
VS southampton [home]

Arsenal nxt 5 fixtures
VS westbrom [away]
VS norwich [home]
VS everton [away]
VS fulham [home]
VS man-u [home]

abeg,wit diz features,who go kum occupy d 3rd nd 4th position naw......
As 4 me,i dnt fink chelsea fit make am o...

based on d fixtures, i give Chelsea 3 wins, 1 draw (spurs/Sunderland) and 1 loss(Liverpool)
Tottenham: 2 wins, 2 draws (Chelsea, Everton) and 1 loss (man city)
Arsenal: 3 wins, 1 draw(man utd: league will most likely be won by then so they might be a little lax) 1 loss (everton)
with a game in hand against spurs i see arsenal winning the trophy (4th place trophy of course)

Man Utd all the way joor, no need for calculator to win the league let alone qualify for champions league.
GGMU
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by 2legit2qwt: 7:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
Eziachi:

Liverpool is probably the worst team to ever win the Champions league grin grin, the league and cup stats points towards that, this is probably followed by Chelsea or so grin grin. While i can agree with you that Valencia were impressive earlier on with Benitez in charge, it wasn't long before his failings started showing that he had to resign.

He's a good manager but not a top manager to manage a club like Chelsea and managers do make a huge difference.
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Eziachi: 7:27pm On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

You're right. Sometimes, good players can make a coach look good. Valencia won the La Liga with fewest number of goals scored in the history of the league - 38 goals in 38 matches. Also, Liverpool captain, Gerrard always gives his all for his team, regardless of who the manager is.

Do you real know anything about football? Who cares about how many goals Valencia scored to win it, the fact is that they were the champions after 38 equal amount of matches? Have considered that, maybe they have got the most solid defence? That philosophy might be, that they won't score a lot but also won't concede much too?

So in your opinion, Liverpool won it because of Gerrard but with another mouth, you claimed that Inter won THEIRS not because of the players but because of Mourinho is a magician?
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Eziachi: 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2013
2legit2qwt:

Liverpool is probably the worst team to ever win the Champions league cup grin grin, the league and cup stats points towards that, this is probably followed by Chelsea or so grin grin. While i can agree with you that Valencia were impressive earlier on with Benitez in charge, it wasn't long before his failings started showing that he had to resign.

He's a good manager but not a top manager to manage a club like Chelsea and managers do make a huge difference.

Before you comes to that conclusion, maybe you should watch the final between Monaco vs Porto first. In my opinion Liverpool final with Milan is the best finals anyone can ever recall. It has everything. Chelsea is a Mcdonald fast food of football, take the owners money out, they will go back to the mid table team they were for over hundred years.
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Shollyps(m): 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2013
2legit2qwt:

Liverpool is probably the worst team to ever win the Champions league cup grin grin, the league and cup stats points towards that, this is probably followed by Chelsea or so grin grin. While i can agree with you that Valencia were impressive earlier on with Benitez in charge, it wasn't long before his failings started showing that he had to resign.

benitez is a top manager,get dat.or wats d criteria 4 been a top manager?he has won d ucl n spanish league,fifa club world cup,uefa cup.wat else?
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Shollyps(m): 7:38pm On Mar 30, 2013
Eziachi:

Do you real know anything about football? Who cares about how many goals Valencia scored to win it, the fact is that they were the champions after 38 equal amount of matches? Have considered that, maybe they have got the most solid defence? That philosophy might be, that they won't score a lot but also won't concede much too?

So in your opinion, Liverpool won it because of Gerrard but with another mouth, you claimed that Inter won THEIRS not because of the players but because of Mourinho is a magician?
u are on point bro,every cup d team mourinho coaches win,its all becos of him.why?
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Shollyps(m): 7:40pm On Mar 30, 2013
Eziachi:

u are on point bro,every cup d team mourinho coaches win,its all becos of him.but if it is guardiola or other coach its becos of gud players and team work.why?
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
Shollyps: u are on point bro,every cup d team mourinho coaches win,its all becos of him.but if it is guardiola or other coach its becos of gud players and team work.why?

Barca players and Guardiola are on a different planet. grin
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by 2legit2qwt: 7:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
Eziachi:
Before you comes to that conclusion, maybe you should watch the final between Monaco vs Porto first. In my opinion Liverpool final with Milan is the best finals anyone can ever recall. It has everything. Chelsea is a Mcdonald fast food of football, take the owners money out, they will go back to the mid table team they were for over hundred years.

Yup no doubt, one of the greatest finals of all time but is that enough to judge their season? Nope it was the contrast,
they finished outside the top four and had several poor results that season but somehow managed to win the cup.

Shollyps: benitez is a top manager,get dat.or wats d criteria 4 been a top manager?he has won d ucl n spanish league,fifa club world cup,uefa cup.wat else?

Benitez top manager? Don't give me a laugh. Arsene wenger is a top manager before Benitez sorry. To be regarded as a top manager, there has to be some form of consistency about you or ability to do amazing things in a time period and be consistent with it. The likes of Ferguson, Del Bosque, hell even Stephen Keshi using mediocre players is a better coach grin grin

Yeah Mourinho works best with a huge budget, but he can be trusted with that and not many can. Can the same be said of Benitez, maybe not completely. On that note alone, i don't think he ranks among the top 10 or anywhere close.
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by kazy2013: 7:55pm On Mar 30, 2013
TechyGuy: Seriously, Benitez is not helping. This is a must win match not time for doing experiment, what kind of set-up is this?

Tottemham is 1-0 up already.
lipsrsealed
TechyGuy: Seriously, Benitez is not helping. This is a must win match not time for doing experiment, what kind of set-up is this?

Tottemham is 1-0 up already.
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Shollyps(m): 7:58pm On Mar 30, 2013
2legit2qwt:

Yup no doubt, one of the greatest finals of all time but is that enough to judge their season? Nope it was the contrast,
they finished outside the top four and had several poor results that season but somehow managed to win the cup.

Benitez top manager? Don't give me a laugh. Arsene wenger is a top manager before Benitez sorry. To be regarded as a top manager, there has to be some form of consistency about you or ability to do amazing things in a time period and be consistent with it. The likes of Ferguson, Del Bosque, hell even Stephen Keshi using mediocre players is a better coach grin grin

Yeah Mourinho works best with a huge budget, but he can be trusted with that and not many can. Can the same be said of Benitez, maybe not completely. On that note alone, i don't think he ranks among the top 10 or anywhere close.
pls can u name just 3players in d valencia team dat won d spanish league and uefa cup in 2004
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by 2legit2qwt: 8:03pm On Mar 30, 2013
Shollyps: pls can u name just 3players in d valencia team dat won d spanish league and uefa cup in 2004
What happened to your internet connection? Use Google ibeg, i can provide you the link if you can't find it grin
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Eziachi: 8:15pm On Mar 30, 2013
2legit2qwt:

Benitez top manager? Don't give me a laugh.
I personally never ascribe to this new idea of a top manager, because I maintained that any manager is a good as his player and not only just having huge financial means to acquire them but also the money to be able to keep them too. I don't know how you measure a top manager, to discount Benitez? He has won everything, other you considered as top manager had won.

In my opinion again, I think what most so called successful managers does best is knowing the best time to join a club, the choice of club and the best time to get out, which I believe Mourinho to his credit has a PHD in it.

We don't know any other way Mourinho had worked except with big budget as the only time he worked without big budget in Portugal he came 5th. Just one season he was asked not to spend unlimited at Chelsea, he quickly agreed to walk away. He is a very clever man, no doubt about that, but the magician he makes out to be and one day he will be found out. Mark my word.
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Eziachi: 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2013
2legit2qwt:
What happened to your internet connection? Use Google ibeg, i can provide you the link if you can't find it grin
If they are well known household names at the time, you wouldn't be needing any internet connection and not google. I never put too much emphasis on managers but one thing I do respect manager s for is those that manage to bring unknown quantity players, polish them into super stars. Hence I do respect Arsene even when he hasn't won what others has won. Because, there won't be George Weah ever without Wenger, buit I can't recall any player unknown player ever used by Mourinho, let alone turning them into a household name.
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 30, 2013
Eziachi:
If they are well known household names at the time, you wouldn't be needing any internet connection and not google.
grin grin
Aimar, Ayala and Canizares.
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Shollyps(m): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2013
2legit2qwt:
pls dont let us be cetiment about dis mata,if it was mourinho dat won d titles wit valencia,so knw how dey wil be hailing him.der is notin special wining trophy wit porto n inter
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Eziachi: 8:23pm On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin
That is exactly the point. Benitez brought the names you mentioned from obscurity to super players including Mendieta and others
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by 2legit2qwt: 8:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
Eziachi:
I personally never ascribe to this new idea of a top manager, because I maintained that any manager is a good as his player and not only just having huge financial means to acquire them but also the money to be able to keep them too. I don't know how you measure a top manager, to discount Benitez? He has won everything, other you considered as top manager had won.

In my opinion again, I think what most so called successful managers does best is knowing the best time to join a club, the choice of club and the best time to get out, which I believe Mourinho to his credit has a PHD in it.

We don't know any other way Mourinho had worked except with big budget as the only time he worked without big budget in Portugal he came 5th. Just one season he was asked not to spend unlimited at Chelsea, he quickly agreed to walk away. He is a very clever man, no doubt about that, but the magician he makes out to be and one day he will be found out. Mark my word.

That’s exactly what I said earlier, he can manage a huge budget and that in itself is an art because being rich doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll spend wisely. It’s one thing to give him money to do things and he uses it appropriately.
Mourinho can be trusted at Chelsea with Abrahimovic at the top while Benitez to me can’t and isn’t trusted. To me, Arsene Wenger is a top manager even without the trophies, Arsenal is yet to finish outside of the top 4 with him.

Chelsea will be lucky to finish in the top 5 this season. Another season with him and Chelsea will require more than a Suarez to finish in the top 6
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by 2legit2qwt: 8:40pm On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin

LOL cheesy cheesy
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by timbros(m): 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
Eziachi:
If they are well known household names at the time, you wouldn't be needing any internet connection and not google. I never put too much emphasis on managers but one thing I do respect manager s for is those that manage to bring unknown quantity players, polish them into super stars. Hence I do respect Arsene even when he hasn't won what others has won. Because, there won't be George Weah ever without Wenger, buit I can't recall any player unknown player ever used by Mourinho, let alone turning them into a household name.

@bolded:

Mourinho's Porto of 2004 was largely unknown except maybe Benni Mcarthy which we all know because he is an african. In all honesty, do you know about Deco, Maniche, Carvalho, Costinha, Carlos Albeto before 2004?
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2013
timbros:

@bolded:

Mourinho's Porto of 2004 was largely unknown except maybe Benni Mcarthy which we all know because he is an african. In all honesty, do you know about Deco, Maniche, Carvalho, Costinha, Carlos Albeto before 2004?

GBAM! Mourinho likes a mixture of 'star' players and relatively unknown players.
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by timbros(m): 8:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
You guys forget that what makes a coach good is consistency. Benitez is not good. He won La Liga and Uefa cup with Valencia and so what? After SIX years in Liverpool, what did he win? One UCL and one FA cup? Can you say that he is successful in Liverpool? Bloody NO! Okay, after Liverpool, he has coached Inter and Chelsea. What did he achieve?

Please dont compare Benitez to Mourinho who lifts trophies in ANY country he goes to. Have you forgotten he lifted the EPL in his FIRST year? Treble in Italy of all places? Even Benitez with the same set of players in Inter couldnt do any thing....I can go on and on and on.....

[size=20pt]RAFA OUT[/size] joor
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by timbros(m): 9:06pm On Mar 30, 2013
Eziachi:

@ bolded:

Stop giving half baked info here bro. Mourinho joined União de Leiria with seven games left to be played for the season and guided them to their highest-ever league finish: fifth.

What does that have to do with working without big budget? Get your facts right before posting, okay?
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Eziachi: 10:49pm On Mar 30, 2013
timbros:

@bolded:

Maybe to you they were unknown, but they had all won things with Porto including stars you missed out like Jardell. Mourihno did not sign any of them. He inherited them. Go and check.
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Eziachi: 10:56pm On Mar 30, 2013
timbros:

@ bolded:

Stop giving half baked info here bro. Mourinho joined União de Leiria with seven games left to be played for the season and guided them to their highest-ever league finish: fifth.

What does that have to do with working without big budget? Get your facts right before posting, okay?
Even if you are a novice is maths, how many points do you collect from 7 games?
Its like saying that the new Reading manager came with just 7 games to go and is at the bottom and then finished 5th. How miraculous is that?

If Uniao de Leira finished 5th with just seven games to go when the magician arrived, have you asked yourself how many points Mourinho inherited for their total point collection?
Because even if he won the whole seven games, which he didn't, no team will finish 5th without having collected enough points earlier in the season.
Use your brain.
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by Nobody: 2:55am On Mar 31, 2013
Is this Score Real?......

Lmfao what a Rubbish Side
Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by timbros(m): 5:19pm On Mar 31, 2013
Eziachi:
Maybe to you they were unknown, but they had all won things with Porto including stars you missed out like Jardell. Mourihno did not sign any of them. He inherited them. Go and check.

Inherited them from who? ?

He was then hand-picked in late January 2002 by FC Porto to replace Octávio Machado. Mourinho guided the team to third place that year after a strong 15-game run (W–D–L: 11–2–2) and gave the promise of "making Porto champions next year."

He quickly identified several key players whom he saw as the backbone of what he believed would be a perfect Porto team: Vítor Baía, Ricardo Carvalho, Costinha, Deco, Dmitri Alenichev, and Hélder Postiga. He recalled captain Jorge Costa after a six-month loan to Charlton Athletic. The signings from other clubs included Nuno Valente and Derlei from União de Leiria; Paulo Ferreira from Vitória de Setúbal; Pedro Emanuel from Boavista; and Edgaras Jankauskas and Maniche, who both had been out of contract at Benfica.

That was from wikipedia.com.....I cant attach link because i'm browsing with phone right now. Those are players he identified as soon as he came in to make Porto "a perfect team". He NEVER inherited them, be BOUGHT them.

About Jardel, you just proved that you dont know what your talking about. Jardel NEVER worked with Mourinho. Jardel came to Porto from Gremio in 1996 and left to Galatasaray in 1999. When did Porto sign Mourinho? January 2002. By 2002, Jardel have even left Galatasaray for Sporting Lisbon.

Like I said earlier, make sure of facts before posting here. Stop misinforming people here. It just an advice. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 by WaleLeemson: 5:21pm On Mar 31, 2013
Benitez will make sure he runs Chelsea. No champions league for Chelsea next season, mark my word. OGOGORO club

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? / Manchester City Vs Sheffield United (2 - 0) On 29th December 2019 / Manchester United Vs Norwich - Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 29th October 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.