Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe (28687 Views)

Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship / Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court / I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Ngwakwe: 5:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
News reaching Channel TV has confirmed that Deputy Governor of Imo State Jude Agbaso has been impeached.

Twenty five out of twenty six State legislators voted in favour of the impeachment.

Jude Agbaso was impeached for taking bribe from a Lebanese Contractor engaged in the on-going Road Construction works in and across Imo State using his office as the Deputy Governor and commissioner for works to influence the bribery act.

The House of Assembly impeached the Imo State Deputy Governor.

The Imo State House of Assembly has impeached the State’s Deputy Governor, Jude Agbaso.

Twenty five out of the 26 lawmakers in the Assembly voted in favour of the impeachment.

The Assembly had served Mr. Agbaso, a notice of impeachment over the allegation that he demanded and collected N458 million bribe from J-PROS Limited, a construction firm handling the rehabilitation of Sam Mbakwe Road in Owerri, the state capital.

More details later…
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/127325-breaking-news-imo-deputy-governor-impeached.html

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Bigflamie(m): 5:18pm On Mar 28, 2013
Imo people no dey smile at all.
Agbaso = Scape goat

1 Like

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 28, 2013
okwu ekpebigo! now i can now have rest of mind. Rochas chiri gaba! ndi imo kwu gi n'azu! fucck da haters! cool

6 Likes

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by biafransoul: 5:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
okorosa, your days are equally numbered as governor of imo state.

2 Likes

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Afam4eva(m): 5:24pm On Mar 28, 2013
This just seems so lame. It seems this guy was setup. I kinda inferred it from the interview he granted.

3 Likes

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by asha80(m): 5:25pm On Mar 28, 2013
Afam4eva: This just seems so lame. It seems this guy was setup. I kinda inferred it from the interview he granted.
set up by whom if i may ask?

14 Likes

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Ngwakwe: 5:30pm On Mar 28, 2013
His advisers would have advise him to resign, rather they were urging him to defend the indefensible.

He is just a learner in the Act of Corruption.

Engaging in corruption directly by himself instead of using proxies (Political Job men).

2 Likes

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Ngwakwe: 5:35pm On Mar 28, 2013
Even if it were a setup, at his level as Deputy Governor and Commissioner for Works, he should anticipate such dirty politics and use front-men with no traceable root to his person or office.

He was just a learner.

Afam4eva: This just seems so lame. It seems this guy was setup. I kinda inferred it from the interview he granted.

4 Likes

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by asha80(m): 5:40pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ngwakwe: Even if it were a setup, at his level as Deputy Governor and Commissioner for Works, he should anticipate such dirty politics and use front-men with no traceable root to his person or office.

He was just a learner.

nna na wao.e be like say you be corruption king pin lol.

29 Likes

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Ngwakwe: 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2013
How?

I can confidently claim one man standing if it was the most difficult sin to avoid. However, being in a leadership position for various times and places including my various involvement in probing corruption allegations have help me to understand the in-depth tricks and cover-ups inherent in such evil monster ravaging our society.

asha 80: nna na wao.e be like say you be corruption king pin lol.

1 Like

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Afam4eva(m): 5:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ngwakwe: Even if it were a setup, at his level as Deputy Governor and Commissioner for Works, he should anticipate such dirty politics and use front-men with no traceable root to his person or office.

He was just a learner.

He denied ever collecting bribe. At least they've not proven that he actually did collect bribe.

2 Likes

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Ngwakwe: 6:05pm On Mar 28, 2013
The debate was featured on Channels Television last two weeks by one barrister who doubles as the leader of the Probe Committee and a PDP member, he argued with verifiable and undeniable facts while presenting their findings in the investigation.

The Barrister was even accusing the Governor of trying to hinder them from doing their constitutional duty and was furious about it. At that point Governor Okorocha has to give way to save his reputation.

Afam4eva:
He denied ever collecting bribe. At least they've not proven that he actually did collect bribe.
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by dayokanu(m): 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2013
Na dem dem
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2013
Should we praise Rochas for this development? At the last count, a good number of important persons or associations that played key roles in the election of Rochas have been decapitated by the same Rochas? The ones I can remember include APGA, Chief Victor Umeh, Peter Obi, Martins Agbaso (elder brother of Jude Agbaso),etc

Rochas should watch it and remember what happens to the man who climbed up and destroyed the ladder with which he got there.

2 Likes

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ngwakwe: The debate was featured on Channels Television last two weeks by one barrister who doubles as the leader of the Probe Committee and a PDP member, he argued with verifiable and undeniable facts while presenting their findings in the investigation.

The Barrister was even accusing the Governor of trying to hinder them from doing their constitutional duty and was furious about it. At that point Governor Okorocha has to give way to save his reputation.

yeah i watched the interview too. I can't remember his name but i think he owns Whiteman Pools if am not mistaken.

1 Like

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by GboyegaD(m): 6:11pm On Mar 28, 2013
Good decision by the house. This is only the result of his greed.

1 Like

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Okijajuju1(m): 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2013
Congratulations Rochas...

You try well well... I wonder when He will impeach himself....

2 Likes

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Should we praise Rochas for this development? At the last count, a good number of important persons or associations that played key roles in the election of Rochas have been decapitated by the same Rochas? The ones I can remember include APGA, Chief Victor Umeh, Peter Obi, Jude Agbaso (elder brother of Martins Agbaso),etc

Rochas should watch it and remember what happens to the man who climbed up and destroyed the ladder with which he got there.
and your point is.....

10 Likes

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by paramount4man(m): 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ngwakwe: News reaching Channel TV has confirmed that Deputy Governor of Imo State Jude Agbaso has been impeached.

Twenty five out of twenty six State legislators voted in favour of the impeachment.

Jude Agbaso was impeached for taking bribe from a Lebanese Contractor engaged in the on-going Road Construction works in and across Imo State using his office as the Deputy Governor and commissioner for works to influence the bribery act.

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by naijathings(m): 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
EH no wahala all he has to do is wait for the next political appointment.
These politicians will never go away no matter the weight of their crime.
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by mkoabiola: 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2013
I overfear politics.
Ur gud frend will now bcome ur worst enemy.
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2013
So impeachment is still very possible in naija? shocked
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by cigie(m): 6:16pm On Mar 28, 2013
Same here
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Chinoanyi(m): 6:17pm On Mar 28, 2013
D guy s just a sacrificial lamp, he wud ve resign b4 now 2 save his political career ,4me its just a set up ful stop, Rochas s just greedy n want 2 rule Imo 4d second time wen actualy him n dis guys elder bro had n agrement 4him 2 rule 1 year n transfer power 2him
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 28, 2013
Ngwakwe: The debate was featured on Channels Television last two weeks by one barrister who doubles as the leader of the Probe Committee and a PDP member, he argued with verifiable and undeniable facts while presenting their findings in the investigation.

That super story is NONSENSE. The TRUTH is that the governor wants the deputy governor out. Pure and simple.

This is the house of assembly conspiring with the governor to do a dirty job.

Within minutes that the former deputy governor was removed, a new name was sent to the house and it was approved immediately. Consequently, within minutes that the former deputy governor was removed, a new deputy governor emerged.

This is a miracle, made in Imo.

4 Likes

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2013
i'm sure if he had shared the money, we no go even hear about it
grin grin grin grin
25 out of 26 haba the guy too greedy grin grin grin grin grin chop alone die alone.

God will catch you one by one
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by seedord247(m): 6:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
This goes to show us that corruption and crime is moving faster than technology in the east.. tongue
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by GentleNaaz(m): 6:22pm On Mar 28, 2013
I am from Umuodu, Umueze 1, Ehime Mbano L.G.A. Imo State. Imo is d best state for all
NB; excluding Bokoharam n JIHAD

1 Like

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Dede1(m): 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
There are many companies, including JPros Nig. Plc, doing business in Imo State without mobilization process and all were introduced by Rochas Okorocha. This is good for Owerre people who never listened.
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Odinaka00(m): 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
berem: okwu ekpebigo! now i can now have rest of mind. Rochas chiri gaba! ndi imo kwu gi n'azu! fucck da haters! cool

Nnem are you from Imo too?
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by kokoye(m): 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
The governor must have wanted him out..he just used his pawns to do the job.

If the governor does not want his deputy out in Nigeria, there's no way he would be impeached. All it would take na some ghana-must-go bags.

1 Like

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by ifedun2: 6:25pm On Mar 28, 2013
He must be a learner for allowing himself to be 'overthrown'in a local political 'coup'.Something is fishy here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Arrest Sule Lamido / Shehu Sani Kicks Against Radio Station, Death Sentence On Herdsmen / Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.