Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1490820 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by KCoker(m): 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
Broodstock for sale. Male & Female
Weight range - 3kg - 5kg
Age range - 1.5yrs to 2.5yrs
Price - N1,500 per Kg
Location - Dopemu, Agege
Phone no. - 08105345966

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NUVEMBARZINTL(m): 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2016
KCoker:
Broodstock for sale. Male & Female
Weight range - 3kg - 5kg
Age range - 1.5yrs to 2.5yrs
Price - N1,500 per Kg
Location - Dopemu, Agege
Phone no. - 08105345966
Do you have pure hetero broomstick?

Wishing you all the very best!!!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2016
zanyzara:
Good morning my Ogas in the house. Thanks for the great job here.

I'm a complete novice just about to start out in fish farming. I have been given access to a fish pond (earthen) and will like to seek expert advice on what to do as first step prior to stocking. Please note that this pond has been stocked twice by the previous owner though he was just using his own guidelines. Since I will be using this pond commercially now,i really need your insights. This is the pond as it is right now....please what will be the first step to take?

Cc: excelsiorfarm,robonski15 et al

Thanks and will await your responses.

Hello, Mr supporting striker( Mr excelsiorfarm ) has said it all..The first step to take is to clear the place to have a clearer view also for predators, pump out all the water in the pond to know the pond actual size, with what i saw in the pix the pond has to be re dug and bagged. If i may ask is it a natural flow through pond?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by KCoker(m): 5:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
NUVEMBARZINTL:

Do you have pure hetero broomstick?

Wishing you all the very best!!!

Hello NUVEMBARZINTL,

By Pure Hetero, i believe u are referring to the species that has its dorsal fin truncated half way to its tail.

Not At all.

My collections are just like the ones in the pics.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
robonski15:

Hello, Mr supporting striker( Mr excelsiorfarm ) has said it all..The first step to take is to clear the place to have a clearer view also for predators, pump out all the water in the pond to know the pond actual size, with what i saw in the pix the pond has to be re dug and bagged. If i may ask is it a natural flow through pond?
my brother, yes i am a supporting striker here & every contributor is doing a remarkable job on this thread.

Make i put the word of God on top that says "remove not the ancient landmark". It is parable.

Regards & Be bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Iggyok(m): 1:38am On Aug 27, 2016
I am a
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Jesusbaby6(f): 7:22am On Aug 27, 2016
Ttalk:

Still waiting for name and price of the pumping machine, sir

Morning sir, do you fabricate smoking klin for fish? If yes kindly send cost and type to ibisojacob2000@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 9:45am On Aug 27, 2016
Ttalk:

Ma, hope you are fully back on your production, i pray it will be a success story this time around.

From my personal experience this tip can be of help to your next hatching operation

1. Acclimatize your broodstock to your water and temperature for at least 10 days before using the broodstock

2. Compare your pH meter to determine accuracy or give to experience person to calibrate for you. [Since two pH dont give exact figure]

3. Always remember that hatchery/room temperature is different from water temperature. The different can make or mar success in hatchery

4. African clarias due to our environment adaptation, takes a bit longer to fertilize and hatch. i.e @ water temperature of 26 degree,almost all the egg became ripe after eleven hour. I prefer 12 hours at 26 o c.

5. Allow water in the vat settle for at least 12hours before introduction of egg

6. Covering of vat during incubation is not necessary provided vat is in enclosed environment and you maintain constant temperature.

7. Before introduction of egg, test your water and adjust the pH and temperature to neutral 7 and 30 respectively. This operation can be repeated every six hour interval. I reset my pH every 12hours interval.

8. Clarias will hatch from pH 6 to 7.5 and temperature from 25- 32. While pH of 7 and temperature of 30 is regarded as optimum for hatching

9. Aerator enhances hatching rate it is recommended

10. Flow through water energizes the egg and enhances hatching rate.

11. Incubation and rearing of larva required similar pH and water temperature for at least the first 15days. Maintain constant flow-through

12. There is always urge to see your larva grow. Please dont overfeed them

You can get over 90% hatching rate and survival rate with these simple observation, God on our side.

To construct automatic local incubator that will guarantee over 90% hatching rate provided other factors are place, e-mail ngoldgate2003@yahoo.com
. I contacted you based on the pelletizer. And I've still not received any response from you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 9:50am On Aug 27, 2016
MAAF:
Does anybody have very good quality catfish broodstock for hatchery in Asaba. If you have outside Delta and can arrange delivery, please indicate.
. Yes, I do. Location: port Harcourt: call me on 08063333215
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 10:11am On Aug 27, 2016
ijababa:
Hello Ttalk, Kindly send me your email or phone number. I need your support on feed formulation
. @ t talk. Please kindly send your number and that of ab1x. The number ab1c posted isn't activ e
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by rhef(m): 11:57am On Aug 27, 2016
[/i]
robonski15:

[i]Hello, Mr supporting striker( Mr excelsiorfarm ) has said it all..The first step to take is to clear the place to have a clearer view also for predators, pump out all the water in the pond to know the pond actual size, with what i saw in the pix the pond has to be re dug and bagged. If i may ask is it a natural flow through pond?
@ robonski15 et al, my friend lost about 40k after 4 months when he stocked about 500 fishes in a 18ft x 12ft x 3ft concrete pond. He fed them with local feeds after consumption of foreign feeds for 2 about months. I can't profer solution 'cos i don't know much about concrete ponds. I assured him that i'll ask proffessionals in nairaland forum. Pls, help me out!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olastarnet: 2:50pm On Aug 27, 2016
good day fellow farmers, please how much will I need to hatch, from start to finish ie fingering. pls I need the info asap, because I contact one farmer in my area he said he will collect 200k. which is one high side. have went for series of training on catfish hatching and management, just that I dnt have enough time to go about it. am a civil servant, your response is highly welcome
thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sagac10us: 5:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
sagac10us:
CATFISH FINGERLINGS AND JUVENILES AVAILABLE @ SAGAMU, OGUN STATE.
FOR UR ORDERS, CALL;08137138189

Pls nairalander I lost my phone but will retrieve d line above ASAP

U can temporarily reach me on 07032731861
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by okejep(m): 6:43am On Aug 28, 2016
Good morning everyone,
I greet you specially, the admin and I want to say may God never cease to bless you for the good job you are doing educating people using this forum on staying informed in different areas especially in the aspect of entrepreneur .

Please I need someone to help me out with the cost of the tarpaulin fish pond for different sizes .

Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olastarnet: 7:28am On Aug 28, 2016
olastarnet:
good day fellow farmers, please how much will I need to hatch, from start to finish ie fingering. pls I need the info asap, because I contact one farmer in my area he said he will collect 200k. which is one high side. have went for series of training on catfish hatching and management, just that I dnt have enough time to go about it. am a civil servant, your response is highly welcome
thanks
am still waiting for response my ogas.plss
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:12am On Aug 28, 2016
olastarnet:
am still waiting for response my ogas.plss
what is the number you intend producing,do you have your facility? since you have the know how & if you have your facility,with 50k you could start & grow progressively,after church i will explain a practical analysis for delegation of the funds DV.

Moreover what is the 200k asked by the breeder for,what is he given back for such funds? Answer this question,so my analysis could be thorough. God Bless

JESUS IS LORD
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olastarnet: 8:52am On Aug 28, 2016
thank for the response, I av all facilities on ground. he said the 200k covers all the expenses including workmanship. he said after production he will return the money back and we share the remaining proceeds on ratio 60-40. my contemplation is the 200k in this harsh economy.more over have exhausted all my money on the growout am currently embarking on 1000fishes. I want to try it on my own, but my problem is the time.thks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
olastarnet:
thank for the response, I av all facilities on ground. he said the 200k covers all the expenses including workmanship. he said after production he will return the money back and we share the remaining proceeds on ratio 60-40. my contemplation is the 200k in this harsh economy.more over have exhausted all my money on the growout am currently embarking on 1000fishes. I want to try it on my own, but my problem is the time.thks
there is always time out of no time. If grow out, you plan to feed them twice & the quantity could have been delegated to someone & timing given. Same as fingerlings & you also communicate with your worker,available hands or child. It is what i had done over & over a long duration.Why i stopped? Undue envy that assistants portray even after paying salary(they want to share in business,hence i quickly send them forth with something to start their own).
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:07pm On Aug 28, 2016
olastarnet:
State it in black & white, what is going into workmanship,so you dont spend 160k for workmanship & 40k for production. If he is serious & facilities is on ground,maximum give him/her 50-60k,more than enough provided he/she has the know how. Forget about harsh weather, the weather had been like that since the 60's, it pays some at a time & others would complain & so it will be to the end of the world.

LETS JUST PRAY GOD MAKE A WAY FOR US AT ALL SEASON IN JESUS NAME,AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olastarnet: 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
State it in black & white, what is going into workmanship,so you dont spend 160k for workmanship & 40k for production. If he is serious & facilities is on ground,maximum give him/her 50-60k,more than enough provided he/she has the know how. Forget about harsh weather, the weather had been like that since the 60's, it pays some at a time & others would complain & so it will be to the end of the world.

thank you all,am relieved so with 50-60k I can start production. I appreciate you all. thks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2016
robonski15:

Where is your location in Lagos.

Epe,Lagos
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
excelsiorfarm:

ANALYSIS FOR THE 50-60K

Lets assume u buy your broodstocks from 2 females of 3kg from the ones advertised(i am not recommending anyone,just an analysis) is 9k,one male 2-3kg is maximum 3 - 4.5kovaprim is maximum 6k,tin of artemia that could feed a million is maximum 7k,totally 26.5k,feed whatever size 20k,500naira for syringe & 0.6 saline water maximum,aquapro & livestovit 3k.All is 50k. 10k for d guy or babe for other expenses. In three - six weeks you are selling.So if serious,he shld

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olastarnet: 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2016
thank you very much I really appreciate you sir. I will inform the house about the activities and progress made. I can't wait to sharpening testimony. thank you all
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
olastarnet:
thank you very much I really appreciate you sir. I will inform the house about the activities and progress made. I can't wait to sharpening testimony. thank you all
Thank God, All the best
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by shegz4law(m): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hello friends, I have really learnt a lot about fish farming on this platform.. May God bless you all... Can someone please help me with a business plan template for fish farming.. I'm really interested in the business venture.. My e-mail contact is olushegzoladipo@gmail.com.. I will be very grateful
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dangerman1(m): 12:29am On Aug 29, 2016
Hello friends,i have a 2500L GP fish tank,i want to know how many fingerlins it can accommodate or how many fishes it can accomadate at maturity.

2) how long should I waite before I feed my fishes after I changed their pond water

Thank you all for the good job you are doing.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dangerman1(m): 1:25am On Aug 29, 2016
Sorry I forgot to ask dis question,i have 150 fingerlins and they 5wks old,what quantity of feed should I give per time,i feed them twice a day.the feed I use presently is scretins(foreign feed) 2mm. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Iggyok(m): 7:09am On Aug 29, 2016
Happy new week all,please i am still awaiting your kind response,i dont want to spend this money,i want to invest against life after nysc.
Iggyok:
I am a serving corp member in Abia state,i have much interest in fish farming.please i need guidance on how to start using a mobile pond.i have 50k available
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aumoria(m): 7:32am On Aug 29, 2016
Ifedayour007:

Thanks for the quick response. I will take to your advice, I feed Durantee 0.2mm very little but I noticed that even after leaving the feed for about an hour I will come back to some floating or settles at the center of the vat, which I always siphon. I will avoid morning and night flow thru. I have a solar aerator I use almost 24/7. Please how many times daily should I feed? I feed 3 times daily, morning afternoon and evening around 6pm. Thanks for the help sir..
Please how do I get the solar aerator? Please contact me on unesianthony@yahoo.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dangerman1(m): 8:35am On Aug 29, 2016
Pls I would also want a solar aerotor,how do I get it?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Sunnysteve009(m): 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
@EXCELSIORFARM, ROBONSKI5, PLS HOW MANY BAGS OF FISH FEED WILL FEED 1000 JUVINILLES TO ATTAIN 1KG TABLE SIZE, OR COST TO FEED ONE JUVENILLES TO 1KG TABLE SIZE AND WHAT IS THE CURRENT PRICE OF JUVENILLES.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
rhef:
[/i]
@ robonski15 et al, my friend lost about 40k after 4 months when he stocked about 500 fishes in a 18ft x 12ft x 3ft concrete pond. He fed them with local feeds after consumption of foreign feeds for 2 about months. I can't profer solution 'cos i don't know much about concrete ponds. I assured him that i'll ask proffessionals in nairaland forum. Pls, help me out!

[i]Hello sir, first of all over crowding is ruled out with that size of pond, there are some factors that could have made him ran at a loss. E.g Bad seeds (fingerlings, juvenile) poor water management, bad local feed formulation, price of fish..

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.