Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1490374 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2019
chilanfarms:
Happy New Year

Oga Chilan, same to you. Longest of times.. How is business?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by logadims: 11:42pm On Jan 05, 2019
mekd:
Fast growing and healthy Fingerlings for sale In portharcourt. Price is #15 . Price Still negotiable..08036829452
I need breakdown steps of starting in a tank
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mariatt(f): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
Please where can i rent fish pond in ibadan, precisely apete area or anywhere close to it. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amosbitrus(m): 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2019
r u in PH and you need someone to hatch/teach you how to hatch fish? call 08132939727
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lagosrd: 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
maniasinv:

Some are above 1kg and few are lesser than 1kg. I actually transport from the south west to lokoja to sale and most times before I get to the destination, their weight would have reduced which do cost me some loss.

1. Add little palm oil in each container of fish.
2. When you get to a stop over look for iced block and put into the fish container to refresh the water if if you can change the water (don't know how possible) try do that for all the fishes.
3. If you're not selling immediately, don't give them any food at all a day after putting them inside a pond. Just give them fresh water to regain their confidence and appetite.
4. If they are Clarias be very careful to feed them early but if they are hybrid fishes, add multivitamin to their food and dry it up in the sun, then feed them after you might have starved them for almost a day.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lagosrd: 10:41pm On Jan 06, 2019
opomulero101:

Everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion.
We DISAGREE to AGREE,but wat the market demand sometimes makes farmer's find means to cut cost to achieve maximum profit's.
Inasmuch these local feeds(Blue crown&Ecofloat) works&enhance's fish growth i see no reason why i won't use it.
Moreover wat has my previous post request for partnership got to do with this topic well i advise u to stop being an ENEMY of PROGRESS.

Don't try ecofloat. That's my advice for you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excess4luv: 8:18am On Jan 07, 2019
lagosrd:

that Ecofloat is a disaster in fish farming.
dried up sermen and eggs in my broodstocks.

imagine female fish weighing 3.5kg and above a year with dead eggs. 2.5kg male without sermen.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kazeemmuka(m): 10:40am On Jan 07, 2019
Fast growing 5,000 standard Clarias POST fingerlings

is available here in our farm at Abule-egba, Lagos

call/ whatsapp 08022456638
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by pastorasamu(m): 4:21pm On Jan 07, 2019
But why is sellers so much here and there's no buyer? and can one rear tilapia together with cat fish?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by owoson(m): 11:11pm On Jan 10, 2019
OmoOshodi:
I have a catfish manual that will help every fish farmers to become a self problem solver. Would love to drop it here but it's a pdf file I can only send via email .... Mail me if interested
100%FREE ..... But If given for free you must not sell else Thunder wey go strike you no go wear pant
agriveritysolutions@gmail.com
I m interested in the manual my email is oluseun09@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dakem: 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2019
owoson:
I m interested in the manual my email is oluseun09@gmail.com
am interested. domipecevents@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yeancahwunmi(f): 1:10am On Jan 12, 2019
dakem:

am interested. domipecevents@gmail.com

I'm also interested, here's my email: Ivywunmi@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Deapexboy(m): 5:21am On Jan 12, 2019
lagosrd:

Why?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by wengerman: 3:39pm On Jan 12, 2019
the bio-conversion of animal waste to fish(waste to wealth training) contact 08050761678 WhatsApp on how to be part of the training
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lagosrd: 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
Deapexboy:

Why?
You will end up harvesting tinny fishes. Shikena
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Dayssie08(f): 4:00pm On Jan 15, 2019
40kg of 400-500g melange available for sale at ota ogun state housing estate off idiroko road, call or pchat me on 08102194949
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:57am On Jan 16, 2019
lagosrd:

Are you talking from experience or hearsay
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lilydave: 3:19am On Jan 16, 2019
Good Evening Great Farmers

Let talk about odourless maggot production and Biofeed

The cost of feeding Fish and generally livestock scope over 70-80% cost of production thereby dramatically reducing profit generated for farmers and sometimes farmers make little or no gain especially in imported feeds,
Farmers needs to acquire new knowledge and skill to cut cost of production dramatically by introducing odourless maggot production, imagine generating 100kg of maggots at almost zero cost,it can only get better,
Join us as we explore new improve ways to feed our livestock with Rich maggot with over 42% crude protein and Biofeed as we explore the world of organic farming in our Youth Empowerment from the stable of Udeh organic farm
Join us https:///EzYFHsQghXmCOIgMLV6Ara

Or drop your number to be added,
Participant gets practical steps by step in video recording
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Deapexboy(m): 6:31am On Jan 16, 2019
lagosrd:

Share ur experience

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lagosrd: 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2019
robonski15:

Are you talking from experience or hearsay

You don't ask questions in that manner. Hearsay what?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lagosrd: 9:50pm On Jan 16, 2019
Deapexboy:

Share ur experience
In my farm area. I have a guy that uses it and not until I advised him to change he was just on a loosing streak.
He has over 27 ponds on 30ft by 40ft and on so many occasions in those ponds he used the feed for his percentage output is always below 50% in some cases he even looses I. E not break even.

We sell our fishes to abuja,onitshaand Lagos buyers.
He recently harvested on of the ponds stocked with 5000 juvenile and feed them with 4 tons of the said feed and he was only able to see 1500kg. That's pretty terrible compared to those of us using locally formulated feed after a month of stocking for 6 months or more.

There is no short cut to fish business. Whatever you feed your fish with IA what it will give you. Most people go for the feed because of its said affordable price but the result it will give you will be heart breaking.

Another of our colleagues fed his with DURANTE and gave 2500 fishes 101 bags of 4 to 6 mm, which translates to 2.5 tons and he has a lot of 1.5kg-2.0 kg just compare yourself.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mekd: 5:57am On Jan 17, 2019
lagosrd:

In my farm area. I have a guy that uses it and not until I advised him to change he was just on a loosing streak.
He has over 27 ponds on 30ft by 40ft and on so many occasions in those ponds he used the feed for his percentage output is always below 50% in some cases he even looses I. E not break even.

He recently harvested on of the ponds stocked with 5000 juvenile and feed them with 4 tons of the said feed and he was only able to see 1500kg. That's pretty terrible compared to those of us using locally formulated feed after a month of stocking for 6 months or more.

There is no short cut to fish business. Whatever you feed your fish with IA what it will give you. Most people go for the feed because of its said affordable price but the result it will give you will be heart breaking.

Another of our colleagues fed his with DURANTE and gave 2500 fishes 101 bags of 4 to 6 mm, which translates to 2.5 tons and he has a lot of 1.5kg-2.0 kg just compare yourself.
..ur on point bro....but please can u give me the formula u use in making ur local feed..thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saheed3(m): 8:01am On Jan 17, 2019
Good morning fam,

Gravid claria broodstock are available at #AmsaFarms at ikotun, 2500/kg average weight of 2kg,
Tel 08069635951.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lagosrd: 8:06am On Jan 17, 2019
mekd:
..ur on point bro....but please can u give me the formula u use in making ur local feed..thanks

Formulations varies with your pocket but note that whatever formulation you're making put it in mind that there must be enough animal and plant protein it. I don't always love to hide information but you can chat me privately. You send me your email here. OK I will do give you a sequence of feeding and the top secret of producing big fishes without collecting a dime.

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by PHOTSEE(m): 8:51am On Jan 17, 2019
lagosrd:

Formulations varies with your pocket but note that whatever formulation you're making put it in mind that there must be enough animal and plant protein it. I don't always love to hide information but you can chat me privately. You send me your email here. OK I will do give you a sequence of feeding and the top secret of producing big fishes without collecting a dime.
Pls do. @gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by owoson(m): 9:27am On Jan 17, 2019
[quote author=PHOTSEE post=7484041 /quote]I am interested please can you email me on oluseun09@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Kneyo(m): 10:04am On Jan 17, 2019
Hi everyone, a fish farm is needed around Iyana Ejigbo.
Type needed: Hatchery Unit.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by maniasinv: 10:45am On Jan 17, 2019
lagosrd:

Can k talk to you on mobile? Pls lemme have ur digits

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tolimtotti1(m): 11:34am On Jan 17, 2019
Pls anyone heard of NATURAL CLEAN? Its supposed to reduce frequent water change, mortality candy cut the cost of feeding while the yield would still be okay.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tolimtotti1(m): 11:37am On Jan 17, 2019
lagosrd:

I am interested. Tolimtotti@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by esegift93: 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2019
iesenoselumegift@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.