Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1490313 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Drshobz(m): 10:23am On Jun 18, 2019
noblealuu:
Hello all, may I introduce to you our feed. FIIRO & YPF certified. You can reach your targeted kg in lesser month compared to the results you have now.

Lesser cost as our products are cheaper than foreign feeds.
Fast growth rate because our feeds are from well-researched local content, it's organic, superb and less expensive.
The CRUDE PROTEIN is 42%

It may interest you to know that our floating feeds are produced without the use of extruder.

It has a long shelf-life.

Compositions:
Moisture content 09
Crude Protein 42
Crude Fibre. 5.6
Crude Fat. 8.4
Ash. 11
NFE. 24
Sum 100%

how much per kg and were is ur location
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Drshobz(m): 11:03am On Jun 18, 2019
wengerman:
let us have a WhatsApp group to take this ministry to the next level

pls add me
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Drshobz(m): 11:17am On Jun 18, 2019
lagosrd:
OK friends that asked for information about the fish feed formulations.
Am here now let's discuss.
If you're using the plastic tank. This is for you.
1. Remove all the fishes into a neat container .

2. Make sure your tank is cleaned with salt and rinse thoroughly with clean water.

3. Restock your fishes back into the pond.
4. Fill with water back and ensure the water is more than half the tank.

5. Get antibiotics from reputable vet medicine sellers for dishes and apply to the water or feed as prescribed on the leavelets.

6. Make sure you have constant water droplets into your tank to ensure continuous oxygenation of the pond .

7. For the guy with juvenile . Try and get DURANTE feed 1.8mm and feed them with it.

8. skip the following morning feeding to make them hungry, then feed them in the evening.

9. Continue the feeding till they finish it. Once they finish it. Let's discuss again. I wish you all the best

pls am interested in the feed formulation
gattusochukwukelu@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by noblealuu: 11:59am On Jun 18, 2019
Drshobz:

how much per kg and were is ur location

N400/kg.

Lagos.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Drshobz(m): 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2019
imercyclara:
Distributors for aqua special feeds wanted nationwide.
We sell @ 4500.
The feed is of similar quality to too feed and vital, even better.
A trial will convince you.
We deliver wherever you are.
Call us on
2348130769159, 2348119138988 (wats app) and place your order today.
Offer while stock last.

I want to know about ur feed
am interested
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by HeraldAgric01(m): 1:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
robonski15:

I spent the 2 million overtime in the space of TWO AND HALF YEARS.... My first stock was 5000 fingerlings which I bought for 20 naira each.. And feeding them with about 700,000 naira,I still have the records.. At harvest I only sold about 300,000 there by making a lose of roughly 400,000, if u minus feeding and the purchase of the fingerlings..Of which I did not even add salary, fuel,drugs etc..

I harvested 5 times within the two and half years.. Of which I consequently lost money all through..roughly With my calculations its even more than the 2million naira...

I know I could learn it in lagos but like I said earlier on most of the farm I visited where not even sure of what they where really doing..they only told me what I know already... I had to source for a training outside because I wanted a different training to what others are doing.. I thank God I took the right step to learn from songhai..
Thanks

please how do you takle the problem of death in fries before they become fingerlings?

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bilag17(m): 8:13pm On Jun 18, 2019
Phemmygbl:
Hi guys. I need quality broodstock in ikorodu. HMU if you have any

Quality Catfish Broodstock available throughout the year. Visit:

https://www.nairaland.com/4742640/catfish-broodstock-depot
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Drshobz(m): 1:41am On Jun 19, 2019
pls who can recommend me a nice high quality local feed
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Drshobz(m): 1:44am On Jun 19, 2019
@robonski15
I sent u a mail
@gattusochukwukelu@gmail
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by smartoskie(m): 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2019
Dear All
Please I need your advise, I run an earthen pond but discovered that there is insufficient oxygen in the pond and its affecting the fish.
I need advise on what I can do to increase the level of oxygen in the pond.

Thank you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 9:23am On Jun 24, 2019
smartoskie:
Dear All
Please I need your advise, I run an earthen pond but discovered that there is insufficient oxygen in the pond and its affecting the fish.
I need advise on what I can do to increase the level of oxygen in the pond.

Thank you.

Is ur earthern water stagnant or water from d ground?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 9:25am On Jun 24, 2019
HEALTHY AND FAST GROWING FINGERLINGS, POST FINGERLINGS , JUVENILE AVAILABLE IN IKORODU, LAGOS ....

*Whatsapp/Call —— Check my phone number on my profile

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 9:28am On Jun 24, 2019
You can know the pH acidic, alkalinity, temperature, General hardness, oxygen level of your pond water with water testing kit below

Digital pH meter - N8,000
Digital TDS (total dissolve solid) + Temperature Meter — N5,500
Digital pH + Temperature meter (thermometer) — N10,000
Digital Thermometer ——- N4,000

Available for pick up/ Nationwide delivery ... Check my profile for my phone number

Contact us now

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adschobiz(f): 3:32am On Jun 26, 2019
mekd:
This mini extruder can make floating fish feed

Hello,I need details on how to get this.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by KCoker(m): 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2019
Hello everyone, 
If you are in need of catfish broodstock for hatching, Kindly contact me.

DETAILS AS AT 26/JUN/19
Specie - Clarias G. (Male & Female)
Weight - 1-3kg
Age - 12months, 14months, 17months, 22Months
Price - N2000/Kg
Location- Agege
Phone- 08105345966

4 different batches for u to pick a male and a female (to avoid inbreeding)..........

SMOKING SERVICES NOW AVAILABLE. PLS CONTACT ME...............
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oluyemioy(m): 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
Vacancy :

FARM DRIVERS.

Requirements: competent guarantor; valid driving license and ability to ride a motorcycle.

@
OLUYEMI FARMS
127 AKARIGBO STREET, IJOKU, SAGAMU.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Deapexboy(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2019
Pls house,
Can 400k take upto 1500 post fingerlings to 1kg size
And which local feed is the best to use
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2019
Please i like to correct this mis-interpretation and description of local feeds which simply means, locally produced feeds with indigenous raw materials or locallyfabricated equipment and vice versa...
Instead its preferable to use sinking and floating. Today, we have good quality locally produced floating feed.

So, let's use the right description when making a request.

Drshobz:
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Drshobz(m): 7:58am On Jun 28, 2019
Fish4wealth:
Please i like to correct this mis-interpretation and description of local feeds which simply means, locally produced feeds with indigenous raw materials or locallyfabricated equipment and vice versa...
Instead its preferable to use sinking and floating. Today, we have good quality locally produced floating feed.

So, let's use the right description when making a request.

do u sell locally produced feed ?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 3:57am On Jun 29, 2019
Been awhile mennnnn i don miss this beauitiful ppl here o grin hope i meet una well?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 3:59am On Jun 29, 2019
omojacobu25:
Hello sir I have Azolla. My WhatsApp number is 08139720309

where r u based?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 4:02am On Jun 29, 2019
Youwin1:
Good morning great minds,

I am desperately in need of help concerning my farm.
I stocked 6300 fish in my concrete pond about two weeks ago, I put them all in a pond, hoping to sort them after four weeks into another pond. At about a week, i noticed the catfish started dying as i noticed they were hanging. The mortality is over 200 already. Please, i need an advise on what to do. I treated them with tetracyline, it only help for few days. Yesterday when i changed the water, I counted over fifty (50) mortality. Please, help save my stock.
So far, it is more than 300 mortality in two weeks.
when i contacted the seller, i was told it is as result of stress and change of environment, as the were using borehole water before. I pump water from a running stream to the pond.
This morning I notice some of them still hanging. Please what can I do?
sorry about dt. 1) check ur water parameters if the ph is not ohk it can affect them. Pumping water fro. D stream hmmm is d stream secured? Wats d size of the tank they r in? Hope u r not over feeding as well
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 4:06am On Jun 29, 2019
Drshobz:
. Try blue crown,ecofloat,vital feed, Acefeed,crownfeed, Topfeed or hygoldfeed...

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Deapexboy(m): 9:30am On Jun 30, 2019
Pls house,

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 3:59pm On Jun 30, 2019
Deapexboy:
Pls house,

Certainly yes, if its strictly on feeding.

Any of bluecrown, topfeeds, aller aqua, vital and good formulated sinking feed will give a good result.

You must note however, that its not about the kg and the size, its about your market...
Meaning, at harvest, can your target market afford your pricing?

Your selling price against harvested quantity determine your revenue.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Deapexboy(m): 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
Fish4wealth:

Certainly yes, if its strictly on feeding.

Any of bluecrown, topfeeds, aller aqua, vital and good formulated sinking feed will give a good result.

You must note however, that its not about the kg and the size, its about your market...
Meaning, at harvest, can your target market afford your pricing?

Your selling price against harvested quantity determine your revenue.

Thank you so much
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stunningjudy(f): 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2019
I need fingerling or juveniles. Location Port harcourt. Mention me and we can take it up from there.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bilag17(m): 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2019
Marketing Your Growout Catfish
If you regularly have table size catfish to sell, this information is for your benefit.
I'm creating a platform for Catfish Table-size retail / outlet sales points
If interested please send Contact gsm and sales point / farm location (e.g. 0809xxxxxxx; Badagry) to 0802-334-0270 WhatsApp, with tag: "Market Fish "
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Preshivano01(m): 6:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
Hygienically prepared smoked catfish for sale at affordable prices. Completely stone and dirt free.
Sizes used ranges from 1kg to 500gram and prices ranges from 1k2, 1k5 and 2k per pack.
Place your orders now.
Phone number : 09031893886

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Preshivano01(m): 6:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
fresh

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Preshivano01(m): 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2019
place your order

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kunleweb: 3:59am On Jul 11, 2019
bilag17:
Marketing Your Growout Catfish
If you regularly have table size catfish to sell, this information is for your benefit.
I'm creating a platform for Catfish Table-size retail / outlet sales points
If interested please send Contact gsm and sales point / farm location (e.g. 0809xxxxxxx; Badagry) to 0802-334-0270 WhatsApp, with tag: "Market Fish "

Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.