Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,507 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1490982 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
@everyone,are we not suppose to have a small get together this december?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:53pm On Dec 02, 2013
lizu: the aspect of iya eleja unrinating around your pond and causing some problems that will have to force you to call them back to buy the fish....all na wash....i run my farm on a 2 and half acre of land in agbara, ogun state...and am doing fine...., i use a concrete pond as well, but you see our people, dont let us leave leprosy and be curing ringworm....this is nigeria, we have so many difficulty in this country and by so doing we can only work with all we have around us to survive...robonsky has tried but i expect people here to discuss the reason why the bizness is not working and what can be done to make it work...we have different issues that are very important to talk about and carry the intending farmers along so that they will not end up loosing their money too...things like
1. the pond...aw its bn built, the deepness and its advantages
2.water....its management and its advantages
3.feed...types of feed
4.mode of feeding
5.duration of time...speculated time for the whole rearing that wont surpass the planned money to be used
6.market...when to market and how
e.t.c...
for anyone coming into this bizness, there are more to learn than just reading....you need practical seeing as well, as you start up your farm, new things comes your way...cause you get to meet new challenges, then you meet experts for advice and guidlines. i wish everyone here the best of luck in all our endeavours...lets feel free to ask questions here...its called a forum

I have never been infuriated by any comment on this thread like this one.. I Spoke about my experience when I started the business of how dis market women are extorting some fish farmers till date and u are telling me "all na wash" I will take it as an insult.. If u run your farm on a 2 and half plot of land who bloody cares..

All the topics u listed have been covered by me and the gurus in the house we have discussed all extensively and intensively on all the topics.. I doubt if u are a follower of the thread from day one as u claimed.. Have we been talking gibberish abt catfish till presently 56 pages... We have talked abt ways to improve and make profit in this business..

I gave my all to this thread so other gurus in the house..U better pull ur skirt down and calm down and add ur own input rather than spewing trash angry

8 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
robonski15:

I have never been infuriated by any comment on this thread like this one.. I Spoke about my experience when I started the business of how dis market women are extorting some fish farmers till date and u are telling me "all na wash" I will take it as an insult.. If u run your farm on a 2 and half plot of land who bloody cares..

All the topics u listed have been covered by me and the gurus in the house we have discussed all extensively and intensively on all the topics.. I doubt if u are a follower of the thread from day one as u claimed.. Have we been talking gibberish abt catfish till presently 56 pages... We have talked abt ways to improve and make profit in this business..

I gave my all to this thread so other gurus in the house..U better pull ur skirt down and calm down and add ur own input rather than spewing trash angry
bros cool temper.. abeg
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nairamaniac: 10:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
miqos02: bros cool temper.. abeg
don't tell robonski to cool down. He is in order. This lizu's manner of approach and skill of introduction is very poor. I can't even suggest u apologise. I would rather suggest u explain yourself better. Which part of robonski's write-up be wash That he encountered dubious-customers and decided to let others learn from his experience?? That u have done it for 10 years or have 2 and half plot of fishing-land is not a cv to be used against other.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mickyfish(m): 10:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
lizu: the aspect of iya eleja unrinating around your pond and causing some problems that will have to force you to call them back to buy the fish....all na wash....i run my farm on a 2 and half acre of land in agbara, ogun state...and am doing fine...., i use a concrete pond as well, but you see our people, dont let us leave leprosy and be curing ringworm....this is nigeria, we have so many difficulty in this country and by so doing we can only work with all we have around us to survive...robonsky has tried but i expect people here to discuss the reason why the bizness is not working and what can be done to make it work...we have different issues that are very important to talk about and carry the intending farmers along so that they will not end up loosing their money too...things like
1. the pond...aw its bn built, the deepness and its advantages
2.water....its management and its advantages
3.feed...types of feed
4.mode of feeding
5.duration of time...speculated time for the whole rearing that wont surpass the planned money to be used
6.market...when to market and how
e.t.c...
for anyone coming into this bizness, there are more to learn than just reading....you need practical seeing as well, as you start up your farm, new things comes your way...cause you get to meet new challenges, then you meet
experts for advice and guidlines. i wisheveryone here the best of luck in all our endeavours...lets feel free to ask questions here...its called a forum
House, plz, I'v being following dis tread 4 long without comenting nw I'v seen d genueity in dis tread n i want 2 b part of this farmily @ lisu if u' r so sure u'r not aquatic 1 call me let me hear ur voice (07055726458). I like practical, I want us 2 put most of wat u said 2 pratice, I'm lagos I'll fut d bills so we can obdate d house, I kw u'r aquatic 1 wit a new identity, come out clean, dis is my 5yrs in fish farming, I like practicals. Call me let's talk.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nairamaniac: 10:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
mickyfish: House, plz, I'v being following dis tread 4 long without comenting nw I'v seen d genueity in dis tread n i want 2 b part of this farmily @ lisu if u' r so sure u'r not aquatic 1 call me let me hear ur voice (07055726458). I like practical, I want us 2 put most of wat u said 2 pratice, I'm lagos I'll fut d bills so we can obdate d house, I kw u'r aquatic 1 wit a new identity, come out clean, dis is my 5yrs in fish farming, I like practicals. Call me let's talk.
@mickyfish. U have made me laff so harrrrrrrd. This is soooo funnnny. I'm sure the entire forum wd find your suspicion extremely funny.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ijobaorun:

pls, how many liters of livestovit can i use for 1000fishes and how often can it be applied?
Can I apply the two drugs at a time or differently?
u can use both if u choose, not to add to prodn cost, a litre size livestovit can be used as much as 7-10 times, it is a multivitamin,an antistress,aquapro is also a multivitamin & fights diseases also, can use it i.e. D satchet 5 times,saves cost. Apply when u first change water/when u stress them/want them to eat more.feed them, u dont only give drugs oh
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
I will like to encourage any experienced farmer or expert to give his/her input for d benefit of all, but if u have no meaningful contribution to this thread,hold your peace, no one wants to know d number of years of experience,if u wont impact others, lets rub mind positively

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 5:46am On Dec 03, 2013
By d way Aquatic1 is d same person as Governor Ararat.,so my pple beware.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by samshoz(m): 11:55am On Dec 03, 2013
nairamaniac: @mickyfish. U have made me laff so harrrrrrrd. This is soooo funnnny. I'm sure the entire forum wd find your suspicion extremely funny.
No, i had same suspicion. @Lizu: 99% of what u said has been discussed and thats a fact! For Mr. Excelsior and Robonski to react on dis matter like this..........u crossed d line. These guys(ab1x inclusive) gave me help freely and even calld me wit deir own credit, just to help a brother and it worked for me. What else do u want them to do?? Just share what u know next time bro, God bless

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lizu: 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
my brother, please i will like to say a very BIG SORRY if you are offended in any way..if you carefully read what i wrote i dont mean to disrespect or make you furious in any way.. please all i said was just a personal opinion about it...after all you initiated this forum and you remain a leader here, so please am not a rude person, infact if you see me in person am a very calm person so please all i said was just a personal feeling about it.. AM SORRY SIR, dont be crossed with me... dont let this make you forget the your reason of initiating this forum.so many people have benefitted from you and people are still going to be benefitting also and i dont want to stand as an agent of devil that will stop you from making people great... please am a devoted muslim and the set of people i fear and respect most are people have not seen but get to exchange talks with..cos you dont even know who is who. i really appologise again robonski..and hope my appology is accepted.

@ nairamaniac...i sense you are also affected by the message..am as well sorry...its all a personal opinion... you guys should understand me...no vex.
robonski15:

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 12:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
Apologies noted. Oga Robonsky no vex o.Lets welcome him into the fold.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nairamaniac: 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
lizu: my brother, please i will like to say a very BIG SORRY if you are offended in any way..if you carefully read what i wrote i dont mean to disrespect or make you furious in any way.. please all i said was just a personal opinion about it...after all you initiated this forum and you remain a leader here, so please am not a rude person, infact if you see me in person am a very calm person so please all i said was just a personal feeling about it.. AM SORRY SIR, dont be crossed with me... dont let this make you forget the your reason of initiating this forum.so many people have benefitted from you and people are still going to be benefitting also and i dont want to stand as an agent of devil that will stop you from making people great... please am a devoted muslim and the set of people i fear and respect most are people have not seen but get to exchange talks with..cos you dont even know who is who. i really appologise again robonski..and hope my appology is accepted.

@ nairamaniac...i sense you are also affected by the message..am as well sorry...its all a personal opinion... you guys should understand me...no vex.
bros. Apology accepted. But permit my criticism of ur apology. Saying its "a personal opinion" aint cool. What u need to do is replace the "personal" with "wrong". U should say "its a wrong opinion". Nothing can be out of order if its a personal opinion. For we are all entitled to our own opinions and point of views. All the same. Apology accepted.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lizu: 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
its okay...if thats the way you see it..." its a wrong opinion".. thats why its called a forum, we argue, critisize, settle, learn and all sorts...no hard feelings..cheers
nairamaniac: bros. Apology accepted. But permit my criticism of ur apology. Saying its "a personal opinion" aint cool. What u need to do is replace the "personal" with wrong". U should say "its a wrong opinion". Nothing can be out of order if its a personal opinion. For we are all entitled to our point of views. All the same. Apology accepted.

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jites(m): 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
lizu: its okay...if thats the way you see it..." its a wrong opinion".. thats why its called a forum, we argue, critisize, settle, learn and all sorts...no hard feelings..cheers

I greet the house, i normally dont get involve in these sort of issue but on this case Please Oga Robonski and the house let accept Oga Lizu apology please, i will also personally watapps Oga Robonski to please accept the apology. Like someone mentioned earlier this is a forum and its for sharing information not for castigating contributors and just because someone is not doing it the way you are doing it does not mean they are wrong.
So if you tried something and it worked, i mean not just once, if you tried it and it has continued to work then feel free to share your method here freely if you like. In the developed world when they discover a cure for something it can take up to 5 to 10 years before it is available to the general public because they have to be sure its working on a consistent basis- thats why everytime you buy paracetamol its the same formula and fomulated to produce the same result- in summary its call tried and tested.
On this note can i suggest something we start putting up pictorial evidence, both negetive and positive, for instance if you notice your fish is turning whitish, post a photograph of a sample so we can all see exactly what you are talking about and hopefully you would also benefit from targeted advice- someone will see it and say OH! this happened to my fish last year or 6 month ago and i did this and this and within 2 days it solved the problem. Next time someone post something similar we can say it look excatly like what was posted in page 40 so try what was done in page 40 and hopefully you would get the same result, same thing if you tried a formula and most of your fishes achieved 2-2.5kg weight dont just say it, put up a picture and detailed exactly what you did DIFFERENTLY to attain the result. We saw photographs of Oga Robonski consulting in some farm and also posted photograph of an extremely big fish that was as a result of not sorting.
Its just a suggestion, i dont have a farm but when i start, from the building of the pond to the first juvenile i intend to post photographs if the house dont mind so i can be corrected, adviced on anything that is being shown.
Wishing the house a merry christmas and a bountiful and fruitful 2014.

6 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omode2(m): 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
@ LiZu u dont use controversy or pull anoda man down to launch urself. U made some points am curious abt wt u said on using frm 0.8mm upwards sinking feed. Wen someone was askin hw do u knw if two months and above fishes are eating or underfed wt a sinkin feed.pls i dont want to condemn ur theory bf hearin ur explanatn because we are all here to learn.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ijobaorun(m): 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
excelsiorfarm: u can use both if u choose, not to add to prodn cost, a litre size livestovit can be used as much as 7-10 times, it is a multivitamin,an antistress,aquapro is also a multivitamin & fights diseases also, can use it i.e. D satchet 5 times,saves cost. Apply when u first change water/when u stress them/want them to eat more.feed them, u dont only give drugs oh
I wil try ur suggestion. Thnks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ijobaorun:
I wil try ur suggestion. Thnks.
pls do & expect your feedback
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Aleshyto(m): 6:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
ab1x:

The formular is 100KG. TS means Toasted Soya, DCP _ sorry I don't know d meaning but it is meant to make d fish agile and give them strong bone. The biscuit is the normal biscuit we eat but the one they use at the feedmill is the industrial one. I mean, waste from the factory but I see guys working at the feedmill eating it. For how long they will consume 100KG depends on ur fish eating habit
my oga pls i need ur assistance, my fish is just one month and tree weeks, d loan i took frm cooperative hv finished and there is no means i can feed them till january that im expecting anoda money pls any assistance, my farm is at ikangba, one pond with 2000 fishes, pls
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
Aleshyto: my oga pls i need ur assistance, my fish is just one month and tree weeks, d loan i took frm cooperative hv finished and there is no means i can feed them till january that im expecting anoda money pls any assistance, my farm is at ikangba, one pond with 2000 fishes, pls

Ur fishes are one month and three weeks from what stage? This has to be sorted out coz of malnutrition... Pls do call me tomorrow let me contact a dealer if he grants loan facilities on feed.. Where is ikangba?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
lizu: my brother, please i will like to say a very BIG SORRY if you are offended in any way..if you carefully read what i wrote i dont mean to disrespect or make you furious in any way.. please all i said was just a personal opinion about it...after all you initiated this forum and you remain a leader here, so please am not a rude person, infact if you see me in person am a very calm person so please all i said was just a personal feeling about it.. AM SORRY SIR, dont be crossed with me... dont let this make you forget the your reason of initiating this forum.so many people have benefitted from you and people are still going to be benefitting also and i dont want to stand as an agent of devil that will stop you from making people great... please am a devoted muslim and the set of people i fear and respect most are people have not seen but get to exchange talks with..cos you dont even know who is who. i really appologise again robonski..and hope my appology is accepted..

Well I was suprised and pissed at the way you just popped out and started ranting... Its all good now that u hv acknowledge your mistake and apologised.. APOLOGY ACCEPTED BRO..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by DBounty(m): 8:22pm On Dec 03, 2013
mozek24: I think lizu didn't mean to disrepect anybody though his introduction was kind of harsh. Dear lizu, kindly publish your different formulae according to ages of fish. Thanks for your post.
SECONDED
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem: 8:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
robonski15:

Well I was suprised and pissed at the way you just popped out and started ranting... Its all good now that u hv acknowledge your mistake and apologised.. APOLOGY ACCEPTED BRO..
alhamdullahi 'thank God' our forum is now calm
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem: 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
nairamaniac: @mickyfish. U have made me laff so harrrrrrrd. This is soooo funnnny. I'm sure the entire forum wd find your suspicion extremely funny.
less w forget pls tell d whole house if u are aquatic or not.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Aleshyto(m): 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
robonski15:

Ur fishes are one month and three weeks from what stage? This has to be sorted out coz of malnutrition... Pls do call me tomorrow let me contact a dealer if he grants loan facilities on feed.. Where is ikangba?

one month and tree weeks from juvenile and they are doing very fine, ikangba is at ijebu ode sir. Tanx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by doubleportion: 9:01am On Dec 04, 2013
Kuqdos to everyone in the house! please I will appreciate it if the gurus here can
recommend for me the reliable 0.3mm feed for my Fries. I learnt that all things being equal
major mortality were being recorded at this stage due to adulteration. I don't want to loose,pls help!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:07am On Dec 04, 2013
doubleportion: Kuqdos to everyone in the house! please I will appreciate it if the gurus here can
recommend for me the reliable 0.3mm feed for my Fries. I learnt that all things being equal
major mortality were being recorded at this stage due to adulteration. I don't want to loose,pls help!
coppens,death is mostly due to overfeeding,low oxygen,pollution & disease
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by doubleportion: 9:17am On Dec 04, 2013
Thanks mo oga! Hope u still remember me? But I learnt there are fake copens too! How do I recognise the authentic?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mozek24: 9:49am On Dec 04, 2013
mozek24: I think lizu didn't mean to disrepect anybody though his introduction was kind of harsh. Dear lizu, kindly publish your different formulae according to ages of f

SECONDED.
Oga lizu, kindly publish your formular according to age of fish.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 10:12am On Dec 04, 2013
doubleportion: Kuqdos to everyone in the house! please I will appreciate it if the gurus here can

0.3 is the deadliest feed if u don't use it with caution.. Its high in fibre which results in its spreading rapidly in the pond which pollutes the water which reduces dissolve oxygen... U have to be very careful when feeding with 0.3 give them a little at intervals.. Feed the fish not the pond..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski16: 10:20am On Dec 04, 2013
doubleportion: Thanks mo oga! Hope u still remember me? But I learnt there are fake copens too! How do I recognise the authentic?

Honestly I don't know how to recognise a fake coppens maybe beacuse I don't use it anymore... Some years back I once bought a fake of it that cost me my entire juvenile.. Its preferable u buy from a distributor directly than sublets..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:04am On Dec 04, 2013
doubleportion: Thanks mo oga! Hope u still remember me? But I learnt there are fake copens too! How do I recognise the authentic?
those bro that we come from same country are always perfecting counterfeit,hence since u aint buying bags,go to reputable distributor,but what many fail to know is this feed are brought in low quantity & easily expire,hence many buy expired feeds.it is wise to check label of open ones,also if u can afford it,buy d plastics or sealed bag of 5Kg.i use raanan.n

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.