Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,227 members, 7,780,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:09 PM

Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road (11595 Views)

Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration / Rehabilitation Of Nembe, Bonny, Bille Jetties In Port Harcourt Begins. Photos. / APC Tasks Jonathan On Enugu’s Coal, 2nd Niger Bridge, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by alexleo(m): 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2013
Billyonaire: I guess 40 Laptop Crew will now be 4million Laptop Crew come 2015. GEJ has not let us down.

My friend shut up and stop the 40 laptop crew thing. Nothing concern me with GEJ as a person. Am not also a politician but i am saying that GEJ is working and i have seen progress in tremendous way. If anybody wants to believe am a laptop crew because I reported what i have seen that Jonathan is working then that person must be silly. i ve been posting in this nairaland since 2006 before Jonathan even dreamt of becoming a president. GEJ is working. Those who wants to be calling him bad names are just being unfair in their judgment or displaying unneccessary hatred for him. Some Nigerians can be so terrible.

4 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by jmaine: 5:00pm On Mar 30, 2013
alexleo:

My friend shut up and stop the 40 laptop crew thing. Nothing concern me with GEJ as a person. Am not also a politician but i am saying that GEJ is working and i have seen progress in tremendous way. If anybody wants to believe am a laptop crew because I reported what i have seen that Jonathan is working then that person must be silly. i ve been posting in this nairaland since 2006 before Jonathan even dreamt of becoming a president. GEJ is working. Those who wants to be calling him bad names are just being unfair in their judgment or displaying unneccessary hatred for him. Some Nigerians can be so terrible.

Relax bruv . . . .You obviously misunderstood billy sarcasm . . . . Him na core GEJ supporter . .

Oya sheathe that machete wey you release so grin . . .

5 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by PapaBrowne(m): 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2013
billante: The Completed Section of Benin - Ore - shagamu Expressway!........ As smooth as my golimakpa head grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1043972_20130224_143741_jpg21913157c2510d099ba3f76f4c976e1a

To think that this is the same road I spent 12+ hrs from Benin to Lagos in 2009. There was hold up in the bush. Wept like a baby. Missed an all important flight. Don't like reliving those times. Nigerians suffered hell on that road!

People that don't live the cities they reside and read newspapers to get propaganda reports only would never understand why people think GEJ has ultra performed. We are experiencing tangible change in this country. In just 2 years the infrastructural transformation is unprecedented.

Pictures of what the road looked like in 2009. Imagine 20km of hold up on both sides of the road.

[img]http://wazobaa.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/hold_up_cause_by_bad_road_on_ore_portion_of_lagos-benin_road.JPG[/img]

[img]http://saferafricagroup.files./2011/03/benin_ore-road-_2.jpg[/img]

8 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by plendil: 5:50pm On Mar 30, 2013
Commendable progress is also being observed on the Abakaliki-Enugu road, handled by SETRACO. As of last week, they've gotten to Ezillo, about 30 minutes from Emene. I only hope they'll get to abakaliki b4 the rain starts, that road has been a nightmare.

1 Like

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by billante(m): 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
PapaBrowne:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1043972_20130224_143741_jpg21913157c2510d099ba3f76f4c976e1a

To think that this is the same road I spent 12+ hrs from Benin to Lagos in 2009. There was hold up in the bush. Wept like a baby. Missed an all important flight. Don't like reliving those times. Nigerians suffered hell on that road!

People that don't live the cities they reside and read newspapers to get propaganda reports only would never understand why people think GEJ has ultra performed. We are experiencing tangible change in this country. In just 2 years the infrastructural transformation is unprecedented.

Pictures of what the road looked like in 2009. Imagine 20km of hold up on both sides of the road.

[img]http://wazobaa.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/hold_up_cause_by_bad_road_on_ore_portion_of_lagos-benin_road.JPG[/img]

Story dat touches d heart! cry
Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by plendil: 6:03pm On Mar 30, 2013
kutchs: Not only the SE is getting the needed attention, other zones too are not left out at least to the extent I know. The Oturkpo 9th mile road which has been a nightmare to travellers on that road is being worked on. The most troublesome portion has been fixed as they approach Ugbokolo. Now travellers to the SE and SS from the NE have the options of going 2gh Oturkpo or going 2gh the rebuilt Ogoja-Abakiliki road.
Note too that Calabar-Ikom-Ogoja-Katsina Ala is approaching about 45-50% completion which would further reduce the travel time from Benue State to the SS region.
I was recently on the Abakiliki-Afikpo-Okigwe road and mehn! What a joy to travel on that road.

All I can say is thumbs up GEJ YOU ARE THE MAN.

Whoever handled the Ogoja-Vandeikya should be declared wanted. That road did not even last up to a year.

However, I agree that if the Ogoja-Vandeikya-Ihugh-Gboko-Makurdi stretch can be repaired, then it would be a good alternative to 9th mile for those going to the north from Abakaliki/Enugu. Abakaliki to Makurdi would take no more than 4hrs which is far better than the perpetually congested 9th mile-Otukpa-Ugbokolo-Otukpo-Makurdi route.
Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 30, 2013
You see, this is why I feel bad when people attack Jonathan for things like his pardon of Alams and so on. Please leave this man alone to do his job for goodness sake. HE KNOWS WHY he pardoned Alams. The man simply wants peace in that region so as to effect the much needed infrastructural transformation there. If pardoning an ex con is a means to getting there, SO BE IT. Trust your president. He know what he's doing. All the other presidents that didn't pardon anybody, what did they achieve compared to Jonathan? Answer me that question!

Jonathan is remodelling 15 airports nationwide as we speak, and has awarded a contract to a Chinese company to build 6 brand new state-of-the-art terminals at 6 key airports.

Jonathan has resuscitated the railways that everyone had given up on.

Jonathan is fixing and building roads at a rate never seen before in the nation's history.

Jonathan is transforming the entire power sector to make power outages a thing of the past.

I mean, this guy is the BEST LEADER this nation has EVER had. The ONLY person I can think of who even comes close is the late General Murtala Ramat Muhammed, the first purposeful and dynamic leader this nation ever had.

4 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by rhymz(m): 6:38pm On Mar 30, 2013
The fact is many of the criticizms levelled against Jonathan have been largely tribally motivated and parochial that's why nobody takes such criticisms serious any more.
Jonathan abeg continue with the job jare

4 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by Goddex: 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
Some
peeps here have never traveled beyond Lagos/South West. To them, South
West is Nigeria and they are beclouded by the mischivious tribal propaganda
from the Ashiwaju party.

1 Like

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by EzeUche(m): 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2013
Of course criticism of GEJ is tribally motivated even though it can be clearly seen that he is working.

1 Like

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by phantom(m): 7:00pm On Mar 30, 2013
I used this route to enugu on thursday and i must say the journey was sweet.....my advice? The opposition shouldnt even bother coming to campaign in the south east.QED

1 Like

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by 4chi: 7:22pm On Mar 30, 2013
Goddex: Some
from the Ashiwaju party.

Shut that slimy hole you call a mouth! B.loody self-servicer. Without the same southwest your retardeen would never have smelt the presidency. Continue to celebrate the celebrated scumbag after all he is now running a confirmed ibo presidency. Enjoy your day in the sun, but don't come whining like flatulent pigs when the table turns.

For you fools making snide remarks against the southwest, unlike you insecure lot,no one here gives a fvck about what your Ebele brother is doing for you. Good for you that he has decided to focus only on his "ibo brothers" on both political appointments and infrastructures. We can only be convinced when we see you lot migrating back to your region and taking your liabilities off the west. Until when the ibo man stop migrating to better climes that we can believe your "tori"
Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by Goddex: 7:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
@ phantom
I pity the sellout Rochas. If he doesn't handle the Jonathan 2015 project with wisdom even that Imo governorship sit he will lose it.

1 Like

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by 1MCN: 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2013
President GEJ is not working for, or favouring the SE (Nd'Igbo). He is a thoroughlygoing detribalized leader. He's working for all and in all geopolitical zones of the country. Why is it that those in SW (and indeed other geo-political zones) are not even testifying to the truth of what is happening in that region? What has happened to the politics of Lagos-Ibadan highway and others? Why would the FG work in Lagos and the glory will be pushed to Gov. Fash?

2 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by adino(m): 8:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
Where is the Red eyed old foool Gbawe, the amala faced and Tinubu ass licking eko ile and their fellow shit loving tribal bigots and boko haram sympathizers. You cannot find them on this type on thread, I pity that follow follow mannerless berem girl. They are all hiding their dirty hands from their leaking keyboards.
Any body from SS,SE and middle belt that criticises G.E.J will surely face the wrath of God. G.E.J remains the best thing to ever happen to Nigeria, if all these are been done with partial fuel subsidy removal I wonder what will happen with a full fuel subsidy removal.
Kudos to N.O.I (Naija Prime Minister) who is monitoring our funds and projects with eagle eyes, May God continue to bless her. It seems nobody even knows that with the completion of the Enugu-Onitsha road, Nigeria will now have six connecting dual carriageway way nationwide (unbelievable) according to the works minister.
GOD BLESS G.E.J
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD BLESS ME grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by rhymz(m): 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2013
4chi:

Shut that slimy hole you call a mouth! B.loody self-servicer. Without the same southwest your retardeen would never have smelt the presidency. Continue to celebrate the celebrated scumbag after all he is now running a confirmed ibo presidency. Enjoy your day in the sun, but don't come whining like flatulent pigs when the table turns.

For you fools making snide remarks against the southwest, unlike you insecure lot,no one here gives a fvck about what your Ebele brother is doing for you. Good for you that he has decided to focus only on his "ibo brothers" on both political appointments and infrastructures. We can only be convinced when we see you lot migrating back to your region and taking your liabilities off the west. Until when the ibo man stop migrating to better climes that we can believe your "tori"
First of all, your tribal antics is trite and redundant, nobody cares about it. Let me address your claims of the SW being the reason JEG won the election, that is a stupifying lie from the pit of hell. The SW votes had littl or no effect to the outcome, it has been shown that even if JEG did not get the few he got from there, he still would have won the elections. Jonathan won on the back of the SE/SS block votes, which cancelled out preposterous numbers coming from the core north. Any honest Yoruba person will tell you that many Yorubas did not vote at the presidential level in the last election, so dont be coming up with them lies about the SW doing anything for anyone with that larger than life impression you lot like to give of the SW.

1 Like

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by nwabobo: 8:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
adino: Where is the Red eyed old foool Gbawe, the amala faced and Tinubu ass licking eko ile and their fellow shit loving tribal bigots and boko haram sympathizers. You cannot find them on this type on thread, I pity that follow follow mannerless berem girl. They are all hiding their dirty hands from their leaking keyboards.
Any body from SS,SE and middle belt that criticises G.E.J will surely face the wrath of God. G.E.J remains the best thing to ever happen to Nigeria, if all these are been done with partial fuel subsidy removal I wonder what will happen with a full fuel subsidy removal.
Kudos to N.O.I (Naija Prime Minister) who is monitoring our funds and projects with eagle eyes, May God continue to bless her. It seems nobody even knows that with the completion of the Enugu-Onitsha road, Nigeria will now have six connecting dual carriageway way nationwide (unbelievable) according to the works minister.
GOD BLESS G.E.J
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD BLESS ME grin grin grin grin grin

Brother, they are viewing as guests. cool cool

6 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by nwabobo: 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2013
The APC BB crew are avoiding this thread like plague.

1 Like

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by nwabobo: 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2013
When Jonathan said that by 2013, people who were abusing him will start singing his praises, haters said that could never happen.

What is happening now? And to think that we are still in the 1st quarter of 2013. His Excellency Dr. Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Mainasara Jonathan abeg carry go.

No opposition can defeat Jonathan come 2015. Of course, the only place APC wins elections is on twitter and Facebook.
Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by karlmax2: 8:24pm On Mar 30, 2013
nwabobo: The APC BB crew are avoiding this thread like plague.
THEY'RE IN ANOTHER THREADS MASSIVE CONSTRUCTION GOING ON IN OGUN STATE,AND FASHOLA COMMISSIONING STREET LIGHT PRAISING THEIR PAYMASTERS. ABI U NO WANT MAKE DEM CHOP OR MAYBE DEM GO DO ORAISA FOR TUNUBU BIRTHDAY PARTY
Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by Xano(m): 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2013
Wow!!
I love this.
We love this.
Haters, sorry.
This thread is just at page (2) since it was posted. If it was something negative, haters will mess and piss here. An odour that can kill a lot of living things. Thank you God. Thank you GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by Goddex: 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
@Ƙarl Max
Hahahaha . . . one of them even told us that Fashola brought street lights to Nigeria.
Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by basilo101: 9:24pm On Mar 30, 2013
Goddex: Some
from the Ashiwaju party.
exactly! Dey hardly travel out of dia region

1 Like

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by EzeUche(m): 10:32pm On Mar 30, 2013
And some foolish people want to say that GEJ is not working.
Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by trueword: 10:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
this is good progress, but the road reconstruction lacks true vision. The roads linking the east and westen parts of country should be 3-4 lanes going in each direction. They should have expanded the road to ensure limited congestion, because if one accident happens on these two-lane roads it will really affect traffic.

PapaBrowne:

1 Like

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by meforyou1(m): 10:55pm On Mar 30, 2013
Just a visit to d east last weekend and I saw with my own eyes that jonathan is indeed working. Just pray he will do same to okigwe-onitsha federal highway and then I will become his number one street fighter. Will be much more efficient than okupe and abati combined.

4 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by manny4life(m): 12:20am On Mar 31, 2013
GEJ is wicked o, grin grin grin see how he's silencing his critics, cheesy cheesy cheesy

Transportation infrastructure is like the most attended to in GEJ's administration, from airports to seaports to railway rehab to rebuilding, reconstructing, and rebuilding of roads. GEJ understands the economic importance of transportation.

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

GEJ will forever be a blessing to us, he has done well.. No more comments.

5 Likes

Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by rareman(m): 2:33am On Mar 31, 2013
It gladdens my heart to hear good news from country, much more from the same mouth of the citizens. Great to know that we now see the glass half full and not half empty
Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by plendil: 5:13am On Mar 31, 2013
enough with this political masturrabtion already! Its becoming sickening. angry angry

GEJ doing a lot of commendable work, especially in the South east, no doubt about it. But is it really commensurate with the resources at his disposal? Well, discussion for another day. Anyway, we are benefiting from the road reconstruction/rehabilitation, and so we commend him for it. Keep it up sir.

HOWEVER, there is also no denying the fact he has done a lot of questionable things during his tenure - no need for a litany, cases abound.A true friend, a true patriot, is one who will be bold enough to point out wrongdoings and proffer workable solutions.

The reason you tell your friend his mouth is smelling is not to make him feel bad, but to encourage him deal with the embarrassing situation which, in most cases, he is unaware of.

Of course at the other end of the spectrum, unrepentant, destructive, El Rufai-type critics who can never see anything good in his administration don't help matters either.

There should be balance, thatsall! grin
Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by glowithdan(m): 8:17am On Mar 31, 2013
nameo:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117729:repair-of-enugu-port-harcourt-road-raises-hopes-on-enugu-onitsha-highway&catid=3:metro&Itemid=558

Its a shame, we still talk about (re)construction of roads, in 2013! When fund spent on it already is enough to put up car/plane/machines and tools producing factories!

I wonder when we'll wake up from our stupidity and face reality!!
Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by obyrich(m): 9:39am On Mar 31, 2013
billante:

Story dat touches d heart! cry
Nigerians forget easily. To be sincere, there is a concerted effort by the present administration towards fixing our road infrastructure. GEJ please dont break my heart, keep up the good work.
Re: Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road by honourhim: 10:06am On Mar 31, 2013
glowithdan:

Its a shame, we still talk about (re)construction of roads, in 2013! When fund spent on it already is enough to put up car/plane/machines and tools producing factories!

I wonder when we'll wake up from our stupidity and face reality!!
My friend you are just making noise. The most important thing is that things are being put in place now than before. You count one before you count two so go and deal with your silly feelings.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Air Force Foils Plans By Boko Haram To Disrupt Sallah Celebration In Borno / President Buhari Declares Open National Shareholders Summit On 2023 (Pictures) / You Will Soon Enjoy Benefits Of Tough Decisions, Tinubu Assures Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.