Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:15 AM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1155422 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by drizzypat: 10:19am On Jul 24, 2013
lymelyte: i have been experiencing this sudden breach of network on mtn.I am using a Q10 and for like 3 days now,i have been unable to browse nor ping.The worse part of it is that i recently subscribed..NO EDGE NO H NO 3G.is there any solution?
Also,i subscribed today for glo midweek plan,i restarted my fone and nothing has change.my fone has been in the state it was ever since.
my sms on my glo line has refuse to send.It is showing network out of order.Please guys is there any solution?
did u import ur fone ,and are u sure its unlocked
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 11:59am On Jul 24, 2013
slurfizzi: abeg for the glo do i need to change any settings

just make sure your APN is blackberry.net...it should default to that but just check to be sure it does
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
drizzypat: did u import ur fone ,and are u sure its unlocked
I bought it from jumia
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stanhanks: 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
ola.akinyinka:
pls can anyone kindly tell me the prize of Q10 in lagos
check jumia or konga. Both of them are online stores that deliver to Lagos
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stanhanks: 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
Denn: Just got a 7mb software update today on my z10 Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.1720

No noticeable change though
please which network do you use?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stanhanks: 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
Pearlkevwe:
Mine was 1.03GB
please what network do you use?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Mecute(f): 12:19am On Jul 26, 2013
U
justfree.:
working 102% perfectly grin
I also need Instagram on my z10, how do I go about it??
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 2:07am On Jul 26, 2013
Pls guys i bought Q5 yesterday from slot asaba but they said i will pay 5k for them to help cut the sim and configure it for me but to me the money was to much i did cut the sim my self but my problem now is how do i make the bbc work on it i have used blackberry.net as apn still nothing. Pls i will really appreciate any help on how i can do this. God bless embarassed embarassed kiss
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by rman: 3:45am On Jul 26, 2013
walcolm:

this is an unofficial leak right?

Yes
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by lymelyte(m): 5:36am On Jul 26, 2013
cupid4ig: Pls guys i bought Q5 yesterday from slot asaba but they said i will pay 5k for them to help cut the sim and configure it for me but to me the money was to much i did cut the sim my self but my problem now is how do i make the bbc work on it i have used blackberry.net as apn still nothing. Pls i will really appreciate any help on how i can do this. God bless embarassed embarassed kiss
Which network are using on ur q5? And what did you use to cut your sim?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:01am On Jul 26, 2013
Mecute: U
I also need Instagram on my z10, how do I go about it??

the only way currently is to sideload it
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by ciwi: 8:39am On Jul 26, 2013
walcolm:

Pls how can I sideload apps?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2013
lymelyte:
Which network are using on ur q5? And what did you use to cut your sim?
am using mtn and I used sim cutter that looks like steppler
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2013
cupid4ig: am using mtn and I used sim cutter that looks like steppler

mtn staff should be able to cut the sim for you but they will charge you for it
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
walcolm:

u didn't even read the msg. The sim is ok and working fine. The problem is my bbc that I used in my bold 5 has refused to work in it
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by amadika(m): 9:32pm On Jul 26, 2013
cupid4ig: u didn't even read the msg. The sim is ok and working fine. The problem is my bbc that I used in my bold 5 has refused to work in it

Blackberry Complete and Blackberry Absolute plans do not work on bb10 devices. U have to use the newly introduced BB10 plans especially on MTN and Etisalat. For glo and airtel, BBC and BIS works on bb10 but we know it won't be there forever. The choice is yours
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Denn(m): 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
stanhanks: please which network do you use?

Airtel
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Denn(m): 9:37pm On Jul 26, 2013
walcolm:

They should not charge for cutting sims. I got mine cut at airtel free of charge...

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Mecute(f): 12:51am On Jul 27, 2013
walcolm:

How will I side load it. I need help please
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by gykes(m): 1:30am On Jul 27, 2013
Umm what's the data cap on Airtel's bb unlimited the 1500 package (atleast that's what's stated on their site, tho I think its bb absolute plan), is it really unlimited or its 3gig??
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stanhanks: 8:33am On Jul 27, 2013
This morning I just decided to check if there's any software update available. Noticed that Glo had pushed the 10.1.0.2312 update. It's about time grin been waiting for MTN for a long time now. So my fellow Z10ners, if you've not already updated to 10.1 just pop a Glo sim card and check for the update
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by deevah(f): 10:27am On Jul 27, 2013
stanhanks: This morning I just decided to check if there's any software update available. Noticed that Glo had pushed the 10.1.0.2312 update. It's about time grin been waiting for MTN for a long time now. So my fellow Z10ners, if you've not already updated to 10.1 just pop a Glo sim card and check for the update
I'm currently using a glo sim with my z10 but I'm still on 10.0.... When I search for updates, it shows me the 10.1. but tells me that the update is too large to be downloaded over my network, that I should connect to wifi (its about 300mb). Please I need to know how to go around this problem cuz I have no wifi around me.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Denn(m): 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
deevah:
I'm currently using a glo sim with my z10 but I'm still on 10.0.... When I search for updates, it shows me the 10.1. but tells me that the update is too large to be downloaded over my network, that I should connect to wifi (its about 300mb). Please I need to know how to go around this problem cuz I have no wifi around me.

Two options...visit any place with stable and fast hot spot access
Second, find a phone with mobile hotspot and connect your BlackBerry 10 device to this.....
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by deevah(f): 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2013
Denn:

Two options...visit any place with stable and fast hot spot access
Second, find a phone with mobile hotspot and connect your BlackBerry 10 device to this.....
Okay. Thanks.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stanhanks: 7:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
deevah:
that's the same thing I was wandering. Here's a solution: You mustn't find a stable wifi, any wifi would do. Even if you don't have the password. All you have to do is to go to Settings~>network connections~>Wifi. Scan, then select any available wifi. Then go to "software updates " then check for the update. Once you see it, start the download. The trick is you have to have an active data plan. Turns out the Z10 isn't as smart as it thinks. Since you don't have the password to the wifi it'll download over your mobile data but think it's downloading over wifi. Just in case you can't find locked wifi go near any of the big hotels near you. I used Golden tulip (formerly protea)...good luck bro.(Btw 10.1 is freaking AWESOME!!!)

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
gykes: Umm what's the data cap on Airtel's bb unlimited the 1500 package (atleast that's what's stated on their site, tho I think its bb absolute plan), is it really unlimited or its 3gig??

2Gb and its different from the absolute plan
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2013
stanhanks: that's the same thing I was wandering. Here's a solution: You mustn't find a stable wifi, any wifi would do. Even if you don't have the password. All you have to do is to go to Settings~>network connections~>Wifi. Scan, then select any available wifi. Then go to "software updates " then check for the update. Once you see it, start the download. The trick is you have to have an active data plan. Turns out the Z10 isn't as smart as it thinks. Since you don't have the password to the wifi it'll download over your mobile data but think it's downloading over wifi. Just in case you can't find locked wifi go near any of the big hotels near you. I used Golden tulip (formerly protea)...good luck bro.(Btw 10.1 is freaking AWESOME!!!)

actually, the Z10 is as smart as it thinks and it doesn't really stop you from using your mobile network to download large files...the message is just a notification to remind you and keep you in the know in case you overshoot your data cap and suffer PAYG data billing
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stanhanks: 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
walcolm:

actually, the Z10 is as smart as it thinks and it doesn't really stop you from using your mobile network to download large files...the message is just a notification to remind you and keep you in the know in case you overshoot your data cap and suffer PAYG data billing
Nahh brahh. It says "too large to download over mobile data, connect to wifi to download. " It's not really a notification, more like an instruction since the only way to bypass it is to actually connect to a wifi. I just updated my OS yesterday so everything is still fresh in my head.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 4:59am On Jul 29, 2013
nope, walcom is right but it mostly depends on your network indicator, when am on etisalat H+ (4G) i download as much as 1.02gig even from appworld grin but on Edge na error cry
stanhanks: Nahh brahh. It says "too large to download over mobile data, connect to wifi to download. " It's not really a notification, more like an instruction since the only way to bypass it is to actually connect to a wifi. I just updated my OS yesterday so everything is still fresh in my head.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 5:02am On Jul 29, 2013
cupid4ig: Pls guys i bought Q5 yesterday from slot asaba but they said i will pay 5k for them to help cut the sim and configure it for me but to me the money was to much i did cut the sim my self but my problem now is how do i make the bbc work on it i have used blackberry.net as apn still nothing. Pls i will really appreciate any help on how i can do this. God bless embarassed embarassed kiss
naija funny ooo, 5k to cut sim shocked shocked. something i cut with my scissors under few mins grin grin smiley
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:14am On Jul 29, 2013
justfree.:
naija funny ooo, 5k to cut sim shocked shocked. something i cut with my scissors under few mins grin grin smiley

i'm sure you should know by now that Nigerians naturally exploit each other. to cut your sim at the friendship centre for your network should be free but expect to be charged around 1000

i won't advise you to cut the sim yourself
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by amadika(m): 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
walcolm:

i'm sure you should know by now that Nigerians naturally exploit each other. to cut your sim at the friendship centre for your network should be free but expect to be charged around 1000

i won't advise you to cut the sim yourself

I was charged N1000 to cut my sim only to go the market and see the sim cutter being sold for N1500. Naija I hail thee

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.