Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,495 members, 7,801,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List (11789 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Code Of Conduct: FG May Drop Some Charges Against Saraki / Vandalism: FG May Acquire Tarkwa Bay, Kachikwu Warns Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by youngies(m): 7:42am On Mar 30, 2013
Following alleged errors in the list of those pardoned alongside ex-Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, the Federal Government may review the list of beneficiaries.

There were strong indications that the pardon granted a former Army Major, Bello Magaji, could be reversed.

The full list of the beneficiaries will be unveiled in a gazette to be released soon by the government. The gazette will also determine those who will eventually benefit from the entitlements that would be paid by the military or relevant government agencies.

The Council of State had on March 12, 2013 pardoned Alamieyeseigha alongside a former Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters, the late Maj.-Gen. Shehu Musa Yar’Adua, and some military officers implicated in the 1995 and 1997 military coups against the late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha.

Others on the pardon list are a former Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Oladipo Diya; a former Minister of Communications, Gen. Tajudeen Olanrewaju; a former Minister of Works, the late Gen. Abdulkareem Adisa; a former Managing Director of the defunct Bank of the North, Alhaji Shettima Bulama; Dr. Chichi Ashwe and ex-Army Major, Bello Magaji, among others.

The amnesty was granted by President Goodluck Jonathan in line with the powers conferred on him by Section 175 of the 1999 Constitution.

Although the presidency has kept the list of the recipients under wraps, findings revealed that some errors had been noticed.

It was however learnt that the errors might be reviewed in the enabling gazette which will contain the full list of beneficiaries.

A reliable source, who spoke in confidence, said the gazette is expected to be explicit on the list of beneficiaries, the terms of the pardon and their entitlements.

The source said: “There are one or two errors in the list of those pardoned. The lapses may be corrected in the forthcoming gazette.

“By the time the gazette is released, Nigerians will know the real beneficiaries of the pardon. Since the Council of State approved the pardon, there have been enquiries from the government by those involved in the 1995 and 1997 coups.

“Some of the coup convicts had been asking about their status since no official announcement was made by the government after the Council session. Thisis a major gap the government will fill with the gazette.”

Responding to a question, the source added: “Another error is the pardon granted ex-Major Bello Magaji, who was convicted and sentenced to five years jail term for sodomy or homosexuality by a military court (General Court Martial) in 1996.

“ Magaji, a former military police officer attached to the Lagos Garrison Command, was accused of having serial sex with four male students of the Army Cantonment Boys Secondary School, Ojo Cantonment, Lagos.

“I think it has been discovered that Magaji’s name was allegedly smuggled into the list of those pardoned and erroneously categorised as one of those convicted for phantom coup.

“A lot of people protested that such a pardon will promote indiscipline in the armed forces.

“Also, since the National Assembly is opposed to homosexuality, it will look absurd for the President to pardon a homosexual.

“As a matter of fact, the Senate in November 2011 passed an anti-gay resolution. So, how Magaji’s name crept into the list has been a riddle in government circle. It can create a problem between the presidency and the National Assembly.

“ Some countries have also been asking about the real position of the Nigerian government on lesbianism since Magaji was pardoned. So, you can understand why the list may be reviewed.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/alamieyeseighas-saga-fg-may-review-pardon-list/
Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by Burger01(m): 8:18am On Mar 30, 2013
Abeg review am sharp sharp. He doesn't deserve the pardon.. Were the people who ordered the pardon drunk or thinking through their 'yansh'? Please, review the pardon make naija progress.... sad

8 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 30, 2013
Burger01: Were the people who ordered the pardon drunk or thinking through their 'yansh'? sad
YES! That's the only logical conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by obowunmi(m): 8:47am On Mar 30, 2013
Rapist and child molester Bello Magaji doesn't deserve to be pardoned. He should be blown up into pieces by boko horam.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 30, 2013
Smh
Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 30, 2013
GEJ should equally make the list of those to be pardoned for all his political k-legged decisions.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by halogen02: 8:51am On Mar 30, 2013
Hummm GEJ and all his blunders...

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by kenny987(f): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2013
I wonder if this is some kinda game-plan towards 2015 cos the kind of names I am seeing...hmm! Meanwhile which one be benefits 2 be paid by d Army or relevant govt agencies? Were they not found guilty? Is it nt enough that they're pardoned and d slate wiped clean? Are u compensating them 4 crime? I tire sha...
Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by talktimi(m): 8:53am On Mar 30, 2013
Free Major Hamza al-Mustapha NOW

8 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by Ibangap(m): 8:55am On Mar 30, 2013
I've neva seen nor heard of a confused nd unstable president as d one leading dis country now. May God deliver dis country from d hands of mediocres.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by bizz(m): 8:57am On Mar 30, 2013
R they getin paid or somtin? BƔ D̶̲̥̅̊ way dis alams guy,what r ur reasons for his pardon
Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by MYOGECHI: 8:58am On Mar 30, 2013
Not just Major Magaji, why should Alams, a world wide known embezzler of public funds be ever pardoned? Naija u must progress no matter what!
Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by TeeSeven(m): 8:59am On Mar 30, 2013
Why should I be suprised? Making blunders and then reversing it has always been a GEJ thing. Yet he'll tell us he is slow in making decisions in order to avoid MISTAKES.
Well, we will correct our own MISTAKE in 2015. Mr Clueless, you're such a MISTAKE and a joke!

9 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by MrFunk(m): 9:00am On Mar 30, 2013
GEJ should also reverse the pardon of his former boss. It is so illogical to pardon a financial criminal while Czech Republic impeached its president for the same reason GEJ did in Nigeria. How can our president say he is fighting corruption with this singular action he carried out? As a patriotic Nigerian, its painful to say I have lost confidence in the administration of GEJ. May God help my father land.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by lightofjoy(m): 9:01am On Mar 30, 2013
ALAMS`s pardon should also be reviewed. I believe he should first go and clear himself in Britain before any thing in Nigeria. For now ALAM`s name should be removed.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 30, 2013
Can you imagine the nonsense! This government is clueless I must confess. They have final made their stand known on corrupt politicians! So its only homosexual we are strongly against abi? What about executive fugitive of bayelsa state? His coming back would not affect our system abi? What is good to goose is also good to gender! Pardon 1 pardon all simple.Read in between the line guys,corruption is no serious offence gbam.

3 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by slimming: 9:06am On Mar 30, 2013
Jona govt can not do anything without reviewing her self in the end.
Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by wazobiaforu(m): 9:07am On Mar 30, 2013
GEJ thanks for creating a seasonal film for us

Eni wo tan

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 30, 2013
What are the mo'r'ons reviewing ? Reverse ALams own in particular and everything is settled.
Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by okparafestus: 9:09am On Mar 30, 2013
i just can't understand this kind of president we have haba! this is too much of an embarrassment
Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by Cizzy99(m): 9:10am On Mar 30, 2013
Does he hv 2 pardon any 1 at all... Dz man own do too much sef
Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by victorD3: 9:11am On Mar 30, 2013
talktimi: Free Major Hamza al-Mustapha NOW

That dude will rot in Jail

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 30, 2013
I think it has been discovered that Magaji’s name was allegedly smuggled into the list of those pardoned and erroneously categorised as one of those convicted for phantom coup.

how is a name smuggled into a list?

only in team gej cheesy cheesy cheesy

“Also, since the National Assembly is opposed to homosexuality, it will look absurd for the President to pardon a homosexual.

“As a matter of fact, the Senate in November 2011 passed an anti-gay resolution. So, how Magaji’s name crept into the list has been a riddle in government circle. It can create a problem between the presidency and the National Assembly.

“ Some countries have also been asking about the real position of the Nigerian government on lesbianism since Magaji was pardoned. So, you can understand why the list may be reviewed.”

and team gej fumbles again - mixing up serial sex offences against minors with lifestyle choices

are they really this daft?

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 30, 2013
Cmon make dem use another FORMAT dis their probe, review and Nigerian way of investigating is out of fashion. We need to start new Formats.
Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by Shuen: 9:15am On Mar 30, 2013
Make Oga Joe include his own name prior to conviction after his tenure.

Na joke i dey joke ooo

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by inosend: 9:16am On Mar 30, 2013
Pls, let them review the list asap, especially, those convicted for corruption. It will help bring some measure of credibility to this administration. Lord help Nigeria.
Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by Dsage1: 9:18am On Mar 30, 2013
Honestly this administration has already brought enough shame to our national integrity. Please people, Vote GEJ out in 2015, this man is not capable of leading a state let alone a country.

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by MrGlobe(m): 9:18am On Mar 30, 2013
when I told nairalanders that I gathered from the grapevine that GEJ was considering reviewing the state pardon granted ex con Awolowo and others they thought I was joking. I still enjoin all yorubas to condemn this and take to the streets if possible!
Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by funshybam(m): 9:19am On Mar 30, 2013
Re: Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List by pat4love: 9:21am On Mar 30, 2013
It is because we need power by all cost we should lesn how to do things with pride not power

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chiji Collins Emerges Imo Speaker Unopposed / Umahi's Defection: PDP Should Negotiate with South-East - Walid Jubril / Victor Omofaiye Escapes Kidnap Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.