Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,014 members, 7,803,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? (2000 Views)

Jehovahs Witnesses Alive In 1914 Will Witness The End Of The World» Watchtower / Its Either You Are A Jehovahs Witness, Or You Are For Satan No Middle Ground / Can A Jehovahs Witness Member Become A Medical Doctor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by vanstanzy(m): 9:47am On Mar 30, 2013
Hi house,
There is this pressing problem a friend of mine is going through and i need answers to.

This friend of mine has a girl who worships with Jehovahs witness. They are in-love with eachother, or so it seems, but the problem here is that the ladys' father is forbiding the union so strongly simply because the guy is not a witness and the father has even refused to see his daughters lover face to face. The lovers have seperated twice, but eachtime they do, they come back together again. We, his friends have adviced our friend to leave the lady and move-on unto someone else, but to no avail.
A witness friend of mine has told me that once the union is allowed, the ladys' father will be excommunicated from the witnes (no wonder he's forbiding this so strongly). Is this true? If so, no be the same God we Christians dey serve? I see a lot of hypocrisy in this. angry (Or is it just more than Denomination?)

1 Like

Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2013
Where is truthislight and ijawkid? I'm interested in this topic.
Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by wazobiaforu(m): 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
JEHOVAHSWITNESSICALLY NO

I think Latter day saint also do the same, you must marry from the church

The man may not be allow to enter kingdom for some period of time

Mind you JW call other xtian xtiandom or something because they bliv xtians has missed alot of traditions with religion

If your guy love her, then let him try to be JW naw ... Shebi you said na same God so why is it hard for him to bend
Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2013
wazobia_for_u: JEHOVAHSWITNESSICALLY NO

Mind you JW call other xtian xtiandom or something because they bliv xtians has missed alot of traditions with religion

If your guy love her, then let him try to be JW naw ... Shebi you said na same God so why is it hard for him to bend
Rephrase please.
Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by eddyspice(m): 1:14pm On Mar 30, 2013
Jwitnesses do not marry non-witnesses.but if it happen,its a matter of personal decision.however, her father has rite 2 consent 2 d marraige or not.but it does not prevent her 4rm getting married because each1 will carry his own load.mind u her father will not b excommunicated in as much he is not encouraing her 2 marry d non-witness.
Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by vanstanzy(m): 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2013
wazobia_for_u: JEHOVAHSWITNESSICALLY NO

My friend claims he'll only become a Witness over his dead body.
Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by eddyspice(m): 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
vanstanzy:

Then both of them should 4get about the marraige.it is better to experience a failed relationship dan a failed marraige.many jw who married non-jw have always had a tough marriage.
Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by vanstanzy(m): 9:19pm On Mar 30, 2013
eddy spice: Then both of them should 4get about the marraige.it is better to experience a failed relationship dan a failed marraige.many jw who married non-jw have always had a tough marriage.

Exactly what we are trying to make him see, but he just won't listen (blinded by this ladys' charm. undecided undecided undecided undecided)
Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by kambo(m): 10:06pm On Mar 30, 2013
jw is what is known in christian expository circles as a pseudo-christian religion , a christian cult for d more brass, but to non christians they'd b lumped as a christian group. Other pseudos include: mormon's, latter day saints, bahai faith etc they are certain bible based criteria these pseudos fail to attain so sorry they do not Worship d same God . As a matter of deception jw's use a highly altered bible - twistg, distorting, expunging, misinterpreting original scriptural texts( if it's d same God in both sides then he is schizoid!!) . E.g jw's dont believe in a literal hell. Hell is replaced with a concept of anihilation! Very nice and soothing to thse who are die hard 6.0 sinners they'll just be zapped into nothgness! Meanwhile main stream xtianity says theyres Hell to pay , an eternal incinerator with worms that never die out etc and liquid fire (lake of fire) . Point jw and pentecostal christianity no b d same.

1 Like

Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by eddyspice(m): 11:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
vanstanzy:

Exactly what we are trying to make him see, but he just won't listen (blinded by this ladys' charm. undecided undecided undecided undecided)
Both of them r blind as regard what d future holds.however, if he is ready 4 d possible consequence frm dier union,fine!has he tot of what will happen 2 his children in d future.
Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by X4ms: 12:19am On Mar 31, 2013
eddy spice: Then both of them should 4get about the marraige.it is better to experience a failed relationship dan a failed marraige.many jw who married non-jw have always had a tough marriage.
This sounds like a wise advise, there is a lot of difference in the moral standards of JWs and non-JWs just like it was with Israeliites and non-israelites of old time e.g JWs dont support sex before marriage, celebrate easter, christmas and other non-scriptural celebrations. In due time, there will be too many conflicts when matter of conscience starts coming in. I expect d lady to know better, if truly she is a genuine JW.
Marriage has its inherent challenges, it wont be wise to start gathering more challenges from before the marriage. Also, JWs have been taught that it pays to stay single rather than marry miserably. The girl should know better, unless this is just a cooked story.

1 Like

Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by eddyspice(m): 6:00am On Mar 31, 2013
X4ms:
This sounds like a wise advise, there is a lot of difference in the moral standards of JWs and non-JWs just like it was with Israeliites and non-israelites of old time e.g JWs dont support sex before marriage, celebrate easter, christmas and other non-scriptural celebrations. In due time, there will be too many conflicts when matter of conscience starts coming in. I expect d lady to know better, if truly she is a genuine JW.
Marriage has its inherent challenges, it wont be wise to start gathering more challenges from before the marriage. Also, JWs have been taught that it pays to stay single rather than marry miserably. The girl should know better, unless this is just a cooked story.
uare absolutly correct a genuie jw wont bother 2 form romantic with a non-jw except she is a confused person.even if d guy decided 2 bcome a jw deir marriage may not stand the test of time.
Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by wazobiaforu(m): 7:32am On Mar 31, 2013
vanstanzy:

Khai!!! I always say religion is a problem, he is a self centered and selfish man infact i cant have such person as a friend, he can NEVER be because he was not born as a JW and want the lady to change.

The lady should run for her life because the guy will never appreciate her interest.

Even muslim accomodate christian relationship than xtian to xtian once is different way of worshiping. Smh

I dont know why many people hate JW, i have worship with them many time and i feel real worship and teaching, not just dancing alanta and gajnam style

They worship and pray to God with humble and respect, not to just be shouting and jumping.

THEY SHUD PART AWAY

3 Likes

Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by vanstanzy(m): 12:32pm On Mar 31, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

Khai!!! I always say religion is a problem, he is a self centered and selfish man infact i cant have such person as a friend, he can NEVER be because he was not born as a JW and want the lady to change.

The lady should run for her life because the guy will never appreciate her interest.

Even muslim accomodate christian relationship than xtian to xtian once is different way of worshiping. Smh

I dont know why many people hate JW, i have worship with them many time and i feel real worship and teaching, not just dancing alanta and gajnam style

They worship and pray to God with humble and respect, not to just be shouting and jumping.

THEY SHUD PART AWAY

WELL SAID, BUT THE GUY REFUSES TO SEE THIS FACT. Like u rightly said, the lady is feeling insecured, but he's just holding-on. (I JUST PITY HER!) undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by vanstanzy(m): 12:45pm On Mar 31, 2013
X4ms:

With evidence of texts the lady sent to the guy, i know she knows it won't work but the guy is cajoling her to stay,

which i seriously feel isn't fair. undecided undecided undecided And just for the record, this is not a cooked story, this kinda dilemma

happens all the time, u just haven't seen any yet.
Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2013
Jehovah Witness was found by Russell, a satanist. His job was to turn the Word of God upside down. I swear, if I see any of those Jehovah Witness at my house, I'll deal with them in a way that they'l regret ever joining Jehovah Witness.

1 Like

Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2013
I can see that truthislight and ijawkid deliberately refused to comment on this thread..but if it is tithing, Jesus is God, Catholic,Hell,Alcohol etc..you will see them running to comment as if it is a matter of life and death..SMH

1 Like

Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by eddyspice(m): 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2013
vanstanzy:

With evidence of texts the lady sent to the guy, i know she knows it won't work but the guy is cajoling her to stay,

which i seriously feel isn't fair. undecided undecided undecided And just for the record, this is not a cooked story, this kinda dilemma

happens all the time, u just haven't seen any yet.
i think ur friend feels he cant handle d breakup dats why he is still torturing himself in d relationship.his gf is confused also n she mite ruin her chances letter in d future
Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by eddyspice(m): 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2013
Uncanny Genius: Jehovah Witness was found by Russell, a satanist. His job was to turn the Word of God upside down. I swear, if I see any of those Jehovah Witness at my house, I'll deal with them in a way that they'l regret ever joining Jehovah Witness.
wetin dem do u na!even if attack them dey will still come to ur door.
Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by wazobiaforu(m): 7:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
Uncanny Genius: Jehovah Witness was found by Russell, a satanist. His job was to turn the Word of God upside down. I swear, if I see any of those Jehovah Witness at my house, I'll deal with them in a way that they'l regret ever joining Jehovah Witness.

I bet you dont have up to half knowledge about religion and its branches, which church are you attending then i can bring out the mess of your church, JW are good people and good worshiper

I just hate when christian condemn others because they did not worship in the same church

3 Likes

Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by Freksy(m): 9:45pm On Mar 31, 2013
vanstanzy:

vanstanzy:

The above paradoxical makes your story appear cooked up. Nevertheless, what scriptural explanations has she given your guy for why the marriage may not be possible?
Re: Can A Jehovahs Withness Marry A Non-Member? by X4ms: 9:52pm On Mar 31, 2013
Are you a christian?

(1) (Reply)

From Atheist To Church Planter: Pastor Alin On The Deficiency Of Atheism. / This Is Why We Need To Pray For One Another (photo) / CNN Breaking News - Christians Apologize To LGBTQ Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.