Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,188 members, 7,807,638 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? (7887 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / The Godly Dressing And Modesty Of A Holy Christian / Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Sicozone(m): 8:19am On Mar 31, 2013
I've always wondered,people do have their selection of dresses to church. There are some cloth you see christians put on during workdays and you'll never see them putting it on on a sunday and vice versa,i remember when i was young,when i put on a particular clothe on a week day,my mum will say its a sunday clothe and that i should change it,i've been wondering are there really any differences?..... Your opinion NLers....Thanks
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by tyson99(m): 9:43am On Mar 31, 2013
Sunday to me is always a special day

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by k2039: 9:43am On Mar 31, 2013
[size=13pt]
When I was a kid I put on my best clothes on Sunday, but when I became a man I put away childish clothing.

Actually, I wear my best clothes on daily basis as long as I'm not indoors, life is to short to keep my best in the wardrobe for a particular day, by the way Sunday is just like every other day of the week and I'm not going to church to impress anyone except myself.
[/size]

12 Likes

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 31, 2013
Sunday's clothing is usually Native,which is not ideal weekdays.
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by k2039: 9:46am On Mar 31, 2013
Yomieluv: Sunday's clothing is usually Native,which is not ideal weekdays.
[size=13pt]Last time I checked Friday was still a weekday.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by AGgal(f): 9:48am On Mar 31, 2013
For me der r differences. I lyk using native n skirts to church. While on week days i go on gowns and trousers. I cnt be caught alive wit a skirt on weekdays

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by fitzmayowa: 9:51am On Mar 31, 2013
Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Hugo7(m): 9:55am On Mar 31, 2013
tyson99: Sunday to me is always a special day
true talk...HAPPY EASTER 2 U ALL
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Sijo01(f): 9:59am On Mar 31, 2013
For me, no difference @all........my office wears are my church wears.
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Saraben(f): 10:00am On Mar 31, 2013
sunday is a special day 4 me
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by ochukoccna: 10:06am On Mar 31, 2013
For most peeps, Sunday dresses are usually the bottom box dresses seeing there are off to meet God undecided
undecided
Yet the same God sent his son down to Earth for work not a Cosmo fashion shoot lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
N:B
By the way, Jesus was well dressed such that soldiers had to draw lots as to who got his garment which was without seam yet his dressing was for work and not to preen like a peacock cool cool

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 31, 2013
Well i wear any dress i feel like on any day,sunday or not.my mood and the weather determines what i wear.if it is a sunny sunday like today now,i will wear a light,simple,yet smart and elegant gown,sometimes sef depending on my mood,i can wear native to office on a monday morning.thank God i am not kuku working in a corporate organization that requires you to wear suit monday to friday.however,when i am going for owanmbes on saturday,i wear aso ebis and sew it in a wickedly short skirt with the top and serious gele

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by alfredo4u(m): 10:50am On Mar 31, 2013
urs is beta, in my house, we only eat rice on sunday's

3 Likes

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by whisper88(m): 10:53am On Mar 31, 2013
GEJ caused it... angry
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by tonychristopher: 11:01am On Mar 31, 2013
ITS CALLED SUNDAY BEST[b]ITS CALLED SUNDAY BEST[/b]ITS CALLED SUNDAY BEST
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 31, 2013
story story.
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by segzicres(m): 11:33am On Mar 31, 2013
people that still have 'sunday clothes' are still childish............GOD doesnt care about your outward appearance.he's more interested in the heart. so if you like dress like you wan collect money e nor mean anything. just put on what makes you feel comfortable o'jare
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by DonTim1: 11:48am On Mar 31, 2013
When I was α̩̩̩̩̥ child,I acted such,as α̩̩̩̩̥ grown up..I act accordingly.

I wear what I see,in fact I tink I dress better to work than church,perhaps because my church is so close but really no speccial sunday cloth.
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by hardbody: 11:52am On Mar 31, 2013
This topic is so irrelevant. To my mind, if you work from Monday to Friday, or go to school Monday to Friday, or even go to the market, farm, or you are a mechanic that works Monday to Friday, will it be reasonable to wear the same set of cloths classified as it were for workdays to church or wherever in double hell you go to on Sunday's? And you expect answers or comments and contributions abi? Go get a life.....
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by hardbody: 11:53am On Mar 31, 2013
Sicozone: I've always wondered,people do have their selection of dresses to church. There are some cloth you see christians put on during workdays and you'll never see them putting it on on a sunday and vice versa,i remember when i was young,when i put on a particular clothe on a week day,my mum will say its a sunday clothe and that i should change it,i've been wondering are there really any differences?..... Your opinion NLers....Thanks

This topic is so irrelevant. To my mind, if you work from Monday to Friday, or go to school Monday to Friday, or even go to the market, farm, or you are a mechanic that works Monday to Friday, will it be reasonable to wear the same set of cloths classified as it were for workdays to church or wherever in double hell you go to on Sunday's? And you expect answers or comments and contributions abi? Go get a life.....
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by hardbody: 11:58am On Mar 31, 2013

Spot on. And this not rocket science, so I find it incomprehensible to rationalize the post. I am so vexed.
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 31, 2013
segzi cres: people that still have 'sunday clothes' are still childish............GOD doesnt care about your outward appearance.he's more interested in the heart. so if you like dress like you wan collect money e nor mean anything. just put on what makes you feel comfortable o'jare

Waoh that's what your pastor told you? God doesn't care about outward appearance?. No wonder people dress like harlots to church these days. As a matter of fact, people cover themselves better when they're going to work than when they're going to church. Have u ever read about the attire of a harlot. Not only in church, please dear I hope you don't expose your butts n boobs all over the place all in the name of God being interested in your heart. You should cover your body properly well.
Let me explain that scripture about God looking at the heart for you my dear:
when d bible talks about God looking at the heart,it was directed to those who are already doing the right things for instance those who give to the poor: The Lord wants to make sure they're giving cos they love the poor not because of 'notice me" attitude. He looks at the heart with which you're doing the right thing that the purpose is not a selfish one. That's it
Sorry I forgot these days, the only scripture that is being emphasized by pastors is tithing even though it was only mentioned in the old testament.
So they tell you that Christ has died and all those old testament laws no longer apply except tithing. scam

4 Likes

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
AG.gal:
For me der r differences. I lyk using native n skirts to church. While on week days i go on gowns and trousers. I cnt be caught alive wit a skirt on weekdays
. My twin

2 Likes

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by meforyou1(m): 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2013
k2039: [size=13pt]Last time I checked Friday was still a weekday.
[/size]
that's because workers are allowed to dress down on fridays. And it's jumat prayer day, u can't expect people to be going for jumat services on suits and ties
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by nonjebose(m): 12:14pm On Mar 31, 2013
MAKE USE OF MY TIES AND NATIVES ON SUNDAY. HAPI EASTER CELEBRATION TO ALL OF YOU

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by pekelepekele(m): 12:19pm On Mar 31, 2013
Sicozone: I've always wondered,people do have their selection of dresses to church. There are some cloth you see christians put on during workdays and you'll never see them putting it on on a sunday and vice versa,i remember when i was young,when i put on a particular clothe on a week day,my mum will say its a sunday clothe and that i should change it,i've been wondering are there really any differences?..... Your opinion NLers....Thanks

Yes of course there is and it all depend on your tribe . Imagine you wearing shirt and trouser(oyinbo style) Monday to Friday to work and You can't wear your tribe regular mode of dressing (ankara , lace , kampala , adire & others ) . during the weekends that's too bad . I prefer wearing natives on Sundays and everyone else should be dressing like that to keep our tradition alive
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2013

I beg to disagree.... I wear suits n shirts on sundays.. I rarely wear trad.

OP, I go to church most week days, straight from the office, so my office dress can also be worn to church. No difference.
Except its a unique unit uniform ( say choir or ushering), I see no reason why I should have seperate dresses for church.
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Ljboy(m): 12:30pm On Mar 31, 2013
werin concern me wit sunday dress i wear anytin i pick... ma dressin z jx nrmal, sundayz or mondayz!... m i a kid dah selects wears aslong as m neat n cool, m set 4 church!
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by tete7000(m): 12:37pm On Mar 31, 2013
segzi cres: people that still have 'sunday clothes' are still childish............GOD doesnt care about your outward appearance.he's more interested in the heart. so if you like dress like you wan collect money e nor mean anything. just put on what makes you feel comfortable o'jare

Olodo, do you not know that your outward appearance is also a reflection of your inner self. The scripture requests that you give your best to God. Wear your best clothes to church and look good for God. A man inner self cannot be clean without his outward appearance reflecting same. It is just impossible.

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2013
tete7000:

Olodo, do you not know that your outward appearance is also a reflection of your inner self. The scripture requests that you give your best to God. Wear your best clothes to church and look good for God. A man inner self cannot be clean without his outward appearance reflecting same. It is just impossible.
spot on
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by okpurukata(f): 12:55pm On Mar 31, 2013
What matters is modesty. Most people dress carelessly on week days and most of what they wear is not allowable by some churches on Sundays. I am not talking of Jamboree churches where going to church is like another night club. Most churches preach modesty and it is only fair to be selective with what you wear to church in order not to make a fool of your self. For me, church clothes are always specially selected. On another note, most traditional wears are modest. Covering aman/woman properly, hence people's preference to native wears on Sunday's.
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by AdeniyiA(m): 12:56pm On Mar 31, 2013
AG.gal:
guys av u ever wondered why trousers are expensive in the market?

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / You Shall Not Die But Live / For Catholic Faithfuls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.