Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

My Short Film Script- PARANOIA - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Short Film Script- PARANOIA (17468 Views)

'Action Film'- A Short Film Script By Sholay2011 / Wildfire - A Short Film Script / Nigerian Horror Story- A Short Film Script (2) (3) (4)

Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 9:46am On Apr 09, 2013
ncpat:

Thanks bros but encourage me more cos i`m shooting a movie come this Thurday. Thanks again.

I apologise for sounding off. As Eno siad you have a good idea with the 'bringing the family back to life', however that is a 'different' film. No single film can be everything or cover everything - it's just the way films are.

The truth is, you, like a lot of other posters here, do have pretty good ideas. And we can't wait for people like you to do things. I'm sure a lot of the posters on this thread CAN write a good script - they will all be different stories - and the good thing about that is - the more the merrier.

I'm glad to hear you are shooting on Thursday. Is it your first film? Is it a short or feature? I also see more and more people starting out making shorts, as cheaper equipment such as DSLRs becomes accesible, and that is very good for our industry. It enables people to experiment and learn things without too much of an upfront cost.

For example (forgive me Sholay for posting this here) - @ ncap - This guy called Eric is making/has made a great looking film and we hope he talks more about it. Thread here - https://www.nairaland.com/1239160/mile-home-nigerian-trailer

Please do let us know more about your film too. We're all in this together and hope to grow. Also, well done for actually going out and shooting something on Thursday. Nice one!
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 9:52am On Apr 09, 2013
Enoquin: A beautiful short script. Nothing was wasted...I love(d) it. Good actors with clear dictions will complete your story...well done!

Forgot to say - Eno, you know Sholay is an actor right? I think he should be the lead in his own film. He knows the material he wrote in and out.
From the experience of having made a short where everything happens in the actors head... getting the right lead is KEY!
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 9:54am On Apr 09, 2013
VillageBoi:

Forgot to say - Eno, you know Sholay is an actor right? I think he should be the lead in his own film. He knows the material he wrote in and out.
From the experience of having made a short where everything happens in the actors head... getting the right lead is KEY!
Lol. But Thompson is a thirty-smth years old man. I'm quite younger than that oo.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 9:59am On Apr 09, 2013
sholay2011:
Lol. But Thompson is a thirty-smth years old man. I'm quite younger than that oo.

Oh damn... he's thirty something? Oops, my bad! - That was my mistake; I grabbed the only actor I had for my short grin
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 10:20am On Apr 09, 2013
VillageBoi:

Oh damn... he's thirty something? Oops, my bad! - That was my mistake; I grabbed the only actor I had for my short grin
Funny you...
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 10:26am On Apr 09, 2013
sholay2011:
Funny you...

I talk true oh! wink
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by prof800(m): 10:28am On Apr 09, 2013
hahaha... sholay una don dey do in-house audition for casting abi...ehnnn,,ehnnn...
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 10:35am On Apr 09, 2013
prof800: hahaha... sholay una don dey do in-house audition for casting abi...ehnnn,,ehnnn...
wink
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by worldnews: 10:50am On Apr 09, 2013
Good script....am a product of NYFA...and currently a university student. I have made 3 different short films shot on Arriflex and I still hope to study filmmaking more this september so probably, we can work together in the future!!
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by semid4lyfe(m): 11:10am On Apr 09, 2013
When una "collabo" and shoot the film, make una no forget to credit me sha.

Na that one I go vex wink
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 11:11am On Apr 09, 2013
worldnews: Good script....am a product of NYFA...and currently a university student. I have made 3 different short films shot on Arriflex and I still hope to study filmmaking more this september so probably, we can work together in the future!!
Nice to hear that. You can share with us your 3 short films at TV/movies section of this forum. I'm sure Villageboi would lyk to see works of his colleagues.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by prof800(m): 11:20am On Apr 09, 2013
hahaha....na true ooo!
the front page 'thingy' gave this beautiful work the hype it deserves.
oga, u do well for putting it in frontpage ooo.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 11:23am On Apr 09, 2013
semid4lyfe: When una "collabo" and shoot the film, make una no forget to credit me sha.
Na that one I go vex wink

Ah, the 'Oga at the top' has spoken. All heed his words!! grin
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 11:23am On Apr 09, 2013
prof800: hahaha....na true ooo!

Very well said Prof.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by semid4lyfe(m): 11:29am On Apr 09, 2013
@ VillageBoi, wey your pal Speedyboi and your madam, IJ? wink

I'm surprised they haven't posted comments. They're never far from this kinda threads undecided
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 11:31am On Apr 09, 2013
prof800: hahaha....na true ooo!
That's true.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 11:33am On Apr 09, 2013
semid4lyfe: @ VillageBoi, wey your pal Speedyboi and your madam, IJ? wink
I'm surprised they haven't posted comments. They're never far from this kinda threads undecided

They dey inside Eric film thread wey I post here.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by worldnews: 11:35am On Apr 09, 2013
sholay2011:
Nice to hear that. You can share with us your 3 short films at TV/movies section of this forum. I'm sure Villageboi would lyk to see works of his colleagues.

Oh yeah.... I will !!!!
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 11:40am On Apr 09, 2013
worldnews:
Oh yeah.... I will !!!!

That's good to hear. What Arriflex does your school use - digital or film?
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by worldnews: 11:42am On Apr 09, 2013
VillageBoi:

That's good to hear. What Arriflex does your school use - digital or film?

Digital.... Did you also graduate from NYFA?
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 12:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
worldnews:
Digital.... Did you also graduate from NYFA?

Oh that's so cool. Arri have one of the best colour reproductions on earth. No, I went to London Metropolitan Uni (not exactly a film school) but did my Degree in Film & Broadcast Production. A couple of my friends went to NYFA - one did a 3mnth course and one did the full yr or is it year and half?
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by worldnews: 12:13pm On Apr 09, 2013
VillageBoi:

Oh that's so cool. Arri have one of the best colour reproductions on earth. No, I went to London Metropolitan Uni (not exactly a film school) but did my Degree in Film & Broadcast Production. A couple of my friends went to NYFA - one did a 3mnth course and one did the full yr or is it year and half?

Wow brilliant...!!! Are you still in London? I'll be coming to London by God grace in July or August.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2013
worldnews:
Wow brilliant...!!! Are you still in London? I'll be coming to London by God grace in July or August.

Yes I am. If do visit London let's catch up. I have bits of kit... we can have a muck-about or just chill out & discuss filmy stuff.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by prof800(m): 12:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
@villageboi...this one no be family reunion u dey do with worldnews abi..?
and this one wey oga at the top dey ask for speedy reminds me of cane and abel... : "are you your brother's keeper?"
(still on the PARANOIA mode)
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by MahatmaGhandi: 12:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
ncpat: Nice script sholay2011 the script alone is more than a movie, please kindly permit me to drop the way I felt the story should end here, thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

END SCENE-1

Thomson will fell in love with Funmi in order to inherit Funmi`s Wealth but little did he know that Funmi was telling him the truth that the dolls were her children and the Dog the husband but they were cursed by a wicked Witch and only a true love from another man who is unaware of the Spell can break the Spell. Thomson at a point is no longer about the wealth but have genuine feelings for Funmi and he confesses to Funmi and letting Funmi know he loves her the way she is along with her dolls as children.

Thomson: My love, you know I love you.

Funmi: Of course I know.

Thomson: (cuts in) I mean I love you from the bottom of my heart, the way you are and your children I want to be their father.

Funmi: (In tears of joy looking straight into Thomson eyes robbing his chin with her tender fingers) I love you too but you can`t be their father.

Thomson: (Thomson immediately and gently carry up the dolls)I love your children too(Looking straight into their eyes and he called them by their names)Tade, Titi I love you both and I want to be your Father(embracing them to his chest with a warm welcome and pulls them from his chest looking straight into their eyes and he kiss the dolls and there you have it just like the Cinderella story winds and lightening blazing everywhere and behold the two dolls turns into a human form a boy and a girl )

Thomson: (shivering with fear with his mouth wide open and his eye balls ready to drop at any moment and was gently walking to the door) Lord….. I… must be dreaming please wake me up

Funmi : (With excitement and surprise all over her face) You did it, you did it, you broke the spell, wait, where are you going Tom?

Thomson walking fast to the door, on approaching the door, there was a knock on the door and a voice calling Honey! Honey!! Honey!!! And Funmi dashed to the door.

Funmi: Is him! Is him!! My husband

Funmi open the door and a handsome young man in his early 30s entered

Funmi: Honey he did it, he broke the spell, Honey this is Tom…eh…Thomson our neighbor and Thomson meet my husband Kunle.

Thomson was still in shock and hardly can he even altar a word and Mr. Kunle also was stirring at Thomson with anger because he had on so many occasion watch Thomson smooth his wife when he was a dog and Thomson ran out of the house to his.

END SCENE-2

Thomson`s place

Thomson: why me Lord! Why me, I can`t take this anymore.

Image: Fool, was that the plan, are you supposed to fell in love?

Thomson: But I love her. No I can`t take this anymore I have to end it now.

Image: End what? Don`t tell me you want to commit suicide.

Thomson: You wait and see me do it (Thomson reaching for a rope and tying it on the ceiling fan to commit suicide)

Well let me leave here for the original owner of the work sholay2011 to decide what happens next and also to add more grease to my part as I’m not a good writer and please guys forgive me if I just messed up the all things and to you sholay2011 enough respect for you.

i can see a really nice epic coming from here,( pls don’t picture and igodo scene, instead picture lord of the ring).for some reason i can’t lay hands on, no Nigerian "epic" has satisfied me, so i always look to seeing a Nigerian cultural epic with western twist and pictures
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by worldnews: 12:40pm On Apr 09, 2013
In this type of story, if am the director, I'll focus on my camera and most importantly use a "fast cut" during the editing....where Thomas was chatting Funmi up....and where Thomas and Image speaks. I guess, if you shoot this short story professionally, even if you don't win, you'll be nominated for future awards. "villageboi"...you're my boss...how about this?
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2013
Hello. Villageboi is having problems with his handle and so may not respond to ur post(s) immediately. Seems like he was banned or smth but hopefully, our 'oga at the top' wud rectify dat soon.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by semid4lyfe(m): 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2013
He was wrongly banned by the Antispambot. He's been unbanned
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by Enoquin(f): 3:50pm On Apr 09, 2013
angry I ain't a man!
ncpat:
Thanks man I was only trying to help don`t mean to spoil things or copy another man`s sweat.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by Enoquin(f): 3:57pm On Apr 09, 2013
VillageBoi:

Hmmm...that depends on how sholay looks...he has given the description of the main character...what if sholay is in his 20s?
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 3:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
[size=16pt]
Phew! Na wa o. See me see wahala... one small robot wey im name na Spam come dey winchi me with some badboi spambot moves![/size]

If I catch that little robot it will hear nwiiiiii
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
Enoquin:

Hmmm...that depends on how sholay looks...he has given the description of the main character...what if sholay is in his 20s?

Ah, I nefa even enta thread we don catch say you no read the posts lol... Sholay is 13. grin shocked grin

Interestin Korean Movies / Neo And Adekunle Fight Over Alcohol At Pool Party / 'Asylum-Bisi': A Documentary On Bisi Alim's Homosexuality