Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

History Of April Fool - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / History Of April Fool (18772 Views)

{10 Best} April Fool Prank Ideas For Boys-girls / The Real &correct History Of April Fool / History Of April Fool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

History Of April Fool by JusticeEquity(m): 12:29am On Apr 01, 2013
DON'T Be FOOLED IT'S April Fool Day >> History Of The Famous April Fool

I was wondering if I would have to turn off my internet access cos I don't want to see some irritating tricky news. I know it's April'1 and many people will want to trick others. I advice you, don't be gullible into believing all news posted before noon today, cos most of them will be false/fake , And for those sending out tricky news, please don't kill others with your trick, I beg ooo

I found a short history of April fool, read below:

Theories of April fool origin

The origins of April Fools' Day are obscure. The most commonly cited theory holds that it dates from 1582, the year France adopted the Gregorian Calendar, which shifted the observance of New Year's Day from the end of March (around the time of the vernal equinox) to the first of January. According to popular lore some folks, out of ignorance, stubbornness, or both, continued to ring in the New Year on April 1 and were made the butt of jokes and pranks on account of their foolishness. This became an annual tradition, according to this version of events, which ultimately spread throughout Europe. A major weakness of the calendar-change theory is that it fails to account for an historical record replete with traditions linking this time of year to merriment and tomfoolery dating all the way back to antiquity. The Romans, for example, celebrated a festival on March 25 called Hilaria, marking the occasion with masquerades and "general good cheer." Holi, the Hindu "festival of colors" observed in early March with "general merrymaking" and the "loosening of social norms," is at least as old. It's not unreasonable to suppose that the calendrical changes of the 16th and 17th centuries served more as an excuse to codify a general spirit of frivolity already associated with the advent of spring than as a direct inspiration for April Fools' Day.

Source: http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/holidays/p/april_fools_day.htm

Re: History Of April Fool by Emmyk(m): 1:24am On Apr 01, 2013
Read the history exactly 3years ago.
Re: History Of April Fool by OCcool: 1:28am On Apr 01, 2013
April fool, go to school tell ur teacher u re a fool

1 Like

Re: History Of April Fool by JusticeEquity(m): 7:08am On Apr 01, 2013
Emmyk: Read the history exactly 3years ago.

Where is the link?
Re: History Of April Fool by sko(m): 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2013
4th to comment!!!Yipee
Stale history
Re: History Of April Fool by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 01, 2013
Booking space: The day Shuld be celebrated by ermmm am coming
Re: History Of April Fool by TableLeg(m): 1:47pm On Apr 01, 2013
Whatever the history is, the continuous existence of it is DUMB!

4 Likes

Re: History Of April Fool by ajos(m): 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2013
april fool dey guinness book of records....?who be d first fool dat owns d record....?abi na poster be our own for nairaland....?
i hail fools presido

1 Like

Re: History Of April Fool by FXKing2012(m): 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2013
Please dont be fo0led, the real history of April fo0ls' day is this:

www.nairaland.com/1243461/history-origin-april-fo0ls-day
Re: History Of April Fool by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
I have a feeling this day will soon be celebrated as another holiday sometime in the nearest future.
Re: History Of April Fool by KenJak(m): 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2013
All right. ROGER.
Re: History Of April Fool by chii8(f): 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2013
April foooooooooooooooooool

indeed

mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: History Of April Fool by alfredo4u(m): 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2013
the issue of oga at d top is april fool...live on nta24 now

1 Like

Re: History Of April Fool by jossyspicy: 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2013
MAN U 2_CHELSEA 1 APRIL WISE
Re: History Of April Fool by drnoel: 2:03pm On Apr 01, 2013
OC cool: April fool, go to school tell ur teacher u re a fool
If ur teacher beats u, take ur BAG and run away.

1 Like

Re: History Of April Fool by ginajet(f): 2:05pm On Apr 01, 2013
April fool
Re: History Of April Fool by Jeetkool(m): 2:07pm On Apr 01, 2013
lol
Re: History Of April Fool by gunuvi(m): 2:10pm On Apr 01, 2013
I won't believe anything today so don't bother telling us.

1 Like

Re: History Of April Fool by ginajet(f): 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2013
cool coolApril babies re fool
Re: History Of April Fool by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 01, 2013
OC cool: April fool, go to school tell ur teacher u re a fool

U're So Xo *******
Re: History Of April Fool by donphilopus: 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2013
Re: History Of April Fool by zuma4k(m): 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2013
Copy that
Re: History Of April Fool by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:34pm On Apr 01, 2013
April fool!
Don't be fooled!
I just got a Prado Jeep... Join me in the celebration.
This MTN airtime is worth N1500. Pin: 4991 0249 3361... Coughs, so many fools in the world
Have a lovely month.
Re: History Of April Fool by PENMIGHT(m): 2:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
APRIL FOOL- A day many people will come to regret on The Day of Accountability. Who knows what will become of you when u see that what stands between u and making Paradise is that Major sin u are brainwashed to be seen as trivial Jests in the name of April fool. D next poster to quote this will probably just turn this to a jest.

1 Like

Re: History Of April Fool by OCcool: 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2013
Judinho59:

U're So Xo *******
U 4 complete am na, if u no dey fear
Re: History Of April Fool by OCcool: 2:58pm On Apr 01, 2013
donphilopus: A good religionist would never open his/her mouth to say APRIL FOOL!!!!!!!! It's only a FOOLISH man that calls himself a fool not a WISE man that would want to become WISER....to you all that wants to write any EXAM this APRIL please don't be FOOLISH be WISE..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you AGREE with me please CLICK THE "LIKE" BOTTON..
Stop begging 4 likes mr man!

3 Likes

Re: History Of April Fool by Zakkyoz: 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
ginajet: cool coolApril babies re fool
My fiancee may not take that from you.

2 Likes

Re: History Of April Fool by ziccoit: 3:03pm On Apr 01, 2013
A Nigerian doesn't need April fool. The live of an average Nigerian is full of lies from the ones told by the government to blindfold and decieve him down to the ones he is living on. Sit down today and look around you. You will see lots of lies and liars abound around you. Like the posters below and above me.

1 Like

Re: History Of April Fool by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2013
donphilopus: A good religionist would never open his/her mouth to say APRIL FOOL!!!!!!!! It's only a FOOLISH man that calls himself a fool not a WISE man that would want to become WISER....to you all that wants to write any EXAM this APRIL please don't be FOOLISH be WISE..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you AGREE with me please CLICK THE "LIKE" BOTTON..
[unlike] 256

2 Likes

Re: History Of April Fool by Bayajidda(m): 3:07pm On Apr 01, 2013
April fool go to school, tell your teacher you are a fool, if your teacher beats u take your bag and say goodbye

1 Like

Re: History Of April Fool by firstolalekan(m): 3:10pm On Apr 01, 2013
[size=32pt]APRIL FOOOL NA LIE.[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's See If Your Birthday Mate Is On NL / Abba Kyari Celebrates His Birthday With His Family (Photos) / Today Is My Birthday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.