Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,773 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:47 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1077164 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ektbear: 5:14pm On Apr 24, 2013
okeyxyz: My favourite characters: Jon Snow and Tyrion lannister.

Ultimately, I think the story is about Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryn.

Indeed. This is my sense too about where the book is leading...

Tyrion is my dude. He was my favorite character in the books, and the guy who plays him does an even better job.

This is one thing I love about GoT. Oftentimes when you see a movie version of a book, it falls short in some way. But the TV show accentuates the book...basically like getting to see something beautiful from a different angle.

Oh, minus that whole Bran storyline, which bores the hell out of me sad

Can someone please just kill this nigga off?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ektbear: 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
Akanniade: ....What happens when the non-existent bumps against the decrepit. A question for the philosophers.....

Yeah I like her. Sharp old woman cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 5:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
ekt_bear:

Yeah I like her. Sharp old woman cheesy
Am awaiting the battle of wits between her and cersei.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ektbear: 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
Cersei no get brain.

She is more cunning than sharp imo
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by coogar: 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
ekt_bear: Cersei no get brain.

She is more cunning than sharp imo

ekt_bear, you know i have been looking for you....
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
is this show worthy of my time ? tongue
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 11:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
adaobi123: is this show worthy of my time ? tongue
yes. start from season 1 and don't come back here until you've caught up with us. Beware of boobies and severed heads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
Seun: yes. start from season 1 and don't come back hear until you've caught up with us. Beware of boobies and severed heads.

Okay sir. How many seasons are there?

grin grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by VillageBoi(m): 11:04pm On Apr 24, 2013
adaobi123: is this show worthy of my time ? tongue

After reading this thread you still have to ask?... I'm a new watcher but I can tell you I did Season 1 in a non-stop night... the shows is seriously, seriously good. I hope you join all the people watching it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
VillageBoi:

After reading this thread you still have to ask?... I'm a new watcher but I can tell you I did Season 1 in a non-stop night... the shows is seriously, seriously good. I hope you join all the people watching it.

I haven't read the thread. It's just that people are always talking about it, I wanna join the hype tongue

I'll start watching it soon. smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by VillageBoi(m): 11:34pm On Apr 24, 2013
adaobi123: I'll start watching it soon. smiley

You'll become addicted immediately wink
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 24, 2013
VillageBoi:

You'll become addicted immediately wink

Hopefully. smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 12:00am On Apr 25, 2013
adaobi123:

Okay sir. How many seasons are there?

grin grin
Two seasons and four episodes so far. 10 episodes per season.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 25, 2013
Seun: Two seasons and four episodes so far. 10 episodes per season.

Thank you seun smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 12:04am On Apr 25, 2013
adaobi123: Thank you seun smiley
You're welcome. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 25, 2013
Seun: Two seasons and four episodes so far. 10 episodes per season.
No. 2 completed seasons
Season 3 is currently running and 3 episodes have been aired in the UK so far.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 25, 2013
naijababe:
No. 2 completed seasons
Season 3 is currently running and 3 episodes have been aired in the UK so far.

Which channel is it on ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by VillageBoi(m): 2:00am On Apr 25, 2013
adaobi123:
Which channel is it on ?

No idea... just start from Season ONE episode ONE online!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TerraCotta(m): 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2013
ekt_bear:

Indeed. This is my sense too about where the book is leading...

Tyrion is my dude. He was my favorite character in the books, and the guy who plays him does an even better job.

This is one thing I love about GoT. Oftentimes when you see a movie version of a book, it falls short in some way. But the TV show accentuates the book...basically like getting to see something beautiful from a different angle.

Oh, minus that whole Bran storyline, which bores the hell out of me sad

Can someone please just kill this nigga off?

I think Daenerys Targaryen's kind of predictable too. You could see the greed of the slave dealer ending in a flamebath from the first episode. I understand that they want to portray her as intelligent and scheming but I've always had difficulty believing in her transformation from brother's sidekick/slave to Dothraki queen to new head of an invincible slave/free army. Arya Stark has a more believable character arc to me.

Jon Snow's half-Wildling so I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls off some sort of alliance between the free folk and the Seven Kingdoms beyond the wall. I haven't read the books; maybe this storyline has already been settled there.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 8:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
terracotta: I've always had difficulty believing in her transformation from brother's sidekick/slave to Dothraki queen to new head of an invincible slave/free army.

When her brother died, she became the last Targaryen, so she feels responsible for the revival of her proud race. Her brother was mean to her, but he was also the one who protected her all her life and told her stories about their proud heritage. She didn't stick with him just because she was weak; she stuck with him because they shared a dream. He was not always as nasty as he was before he died; he was driven to madness by his obsession with regaining the power and glory of the Targaryens. And inbreeding. Over the past two seasons, Dany was sold by her brother but became a powerful queen, survived the loss of her husband and baby, "gave birth" to dragons, which made it possible for her to gain strong followers and powerful advisors, and used the dragons to "purchase" the best army troops in the world . But deep within her, she's still the same girl from episode 1. The only thing that has changed is that she now has the power to pursue the lifelong dream she shared with her brother - the return of the Targaryens. And as the last Targaryen, she knows that it's all up to her now. She has no brother to hide behind anymore. That's believable to me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 25, 2013
adaobi123:

Which channel is it on ?

Sky Atlantic but you can probably watch the prior two seasons on 'On-demand'
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 25, 2013
naijababe:

Sky Atlantic but you can probably watch the prior two seasons on 'On-demand'

thank you x
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:11pm On Apr 25, 2013
Last episode was amazing.

I LOVE Margery's grandmother. What a brilliant woman. Sansa needs that in her life.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by 0keyxyz(m): 1:32am On Apr 26, 2013
TerraCotta:
I think Daenerys Targaryen's kind of predictable too. You could see the greed of the slave dealer ending in a flamebath from the first episode. I understand that they want to portray her as intelligent and scheming but I've always had difficulty believing in her transformation from brother's sidekick/slave to Dothraki queen to new head of an invincible slave/free army. Arya Stark has a more believable character arc to me.

Jon Snow's half-Wildling so I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls off some sort of alliance between the free folk and the Seven Kingdoms beyond the wall. I haven't read the books; maybe this storyline has already been settled there.

Bros, you need to read the books to get proper understanding of the stories, then your impressions will be different. For me, after the end of season-1, I was already "hooked" and went in search of the books(five of them, so far..). But the downside for me is: after reading the books, i realize that the films were not meeting my expectations to replicate the stories properly and infact were changing a lot of the contexts. So i just stopped watching Game of Thrones altogether. embarassed

Mehn!! the books are "something else" cheesy cheesy. Much! much!! better!!!
You get to now the characters much more intimately and love or hate them. For me, I am now routing for Jon Snow, Rob Stark, Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen(She's the only person "I'm sure" will survive the whole saga), Arya Stark, and the hound(surprisingly cheesy ).

Now I'm "hating" GRRM for getting me hooked and leaving me stranded until when the next book will be out.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:00am On Apr 26, 2013
^^^^%^

WORD!!!! been saying this. The series is shit compared with the books
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 9:37am On Apr 26, 2013
The series is great, but the books are fantastic. So watch the series, enjoy it, then read the books and enjoy them as well. If you watch the series first, you will still enjoy the books when you get to them, but if you read the books, you won't enjoy the series anymore. To maximise your happiness, don't read the books until you've finished the series. Martin is a slow writer so the books aren't going anywhere. There's no reason to rush to the books. As someone who isn't enjoying this season much because I read all the books after the last season, Pls listen to me.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TerraCotta(m): 5:01pm On Apr 26, 2013
Seun: The series is great, but the books are fantastic. So watch the series, enjoy it, then read the books and enjoy them as well. If you watch the series first, you will still enjoy the books when you get to them, but if you read the books, you won't enjoy the series anymore. To maximise your happiness, don't read the books until you've finished the series. Martin is a slow writer so the books aren't going anywhere. There's no reason to rush to the books. As someone who isn't enjoying this season much because I read all the books after the last season, Pls listen to me.

Yeah, this is my fear about reading books and comparing them with films, shows etc. Invariably, you're going to be disappointed in one or the other. Maybe I'd have more sympathy and understanding for Daenerys if I knew her character from the books but I also wouldn't be surprised by the plotting anymore and that would spoil the show a little bit for me.

TerraCotta always repays his debts!

ThiefOfHearts: Last episode was amazing.

I LOVE Margery's grandmother. What a brilliant woman. Sansa needs that in her life.

Well, well. If it isn't ...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dospix(m): 10:39pm On Apr 28, 2013
I love this series, but i really think the naked scenes are just unnecessary; it almost made me to stop watching this series.I expected it to be way different from Spartacus...But all the same,a Got fan any time any day. I just can't get over episode 4 season three, the final scene was epic. Am soo loving Got.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by 0keyxyz(m): 11:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 29, 2013
Awesome start to episode 5. You don't need health insurance when you're serving the lord of light
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 29, 2013
Please some of us don't get to see new episode till tue/wed, no spoilers please!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.