Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:43 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1077198 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 16, 2019
When is the next episode going to be aired?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:01pm On Apr 16, 2019
raumdeuter:

How many of thse courtesy did they offer to house Targaryan when they were eliminating them?
How many did they offer to House Baratheon?

All the people left in those 2 great families who once ruled all fled and are in hiding

So the courtesy that no one gave her Targaryan family she should gove to one Tarly family
Did anyone even offer her the chance to bend the knee and be saved when they were wiping out her family?

Right, but one could argue that, the Rebels did not intend on killing the Targaryen children. Infact Ned left the Rebellion when Tywin Lannister presented the bodies of Rhaegar's children. So Robert didn't kill the children, the Mountain and Amory Lorch did under Tywin Lannister's orders. Until that point they were the 'heroes', justifying the rebelion with the Mad King, until Robert let that atrocity slide.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:11pm On Apr 16, 2019
raumdeuter:

When Jamie killed her father the mad king what did they do to her family? Why did she and her brother have to flee? Did anyone give them the option to bend the knee and live?

What of House Baratheon, how many of them are left alive and why did they have to flee Kings landing?

They were to be prisoners of war. I don't want to have to explain the timeline of events, but ;

"Tell them the Mad King is dead," he
commanded. "Spare all those who yield
and hold them captive.". - Jaime Lannister

Then Mountain ruined it for everyone.

Well there's Gendry but he's a bastard. I don't recall them prisoners of war.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:31pm On Apr 16, 2019
raumdeuter:

But they killed all her family member male female young old. without giving them options to bend the knee and live

At least she had people who could talk to her and she listen, not many people with power in that show can say that

Dany doesn't even remember her past. She was a babe. And could only remember a lemon tree house with a Red Door, which is not likely on Westeros.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
larride:

Aegon the conqueror after conquering the 7 kingdom didn’t tell the Noble bend the kneel and die on that same spot. They were first his prisoner.

The moment they were defeated in battle, they already lost whatever crown they had, a good kind/leader doesn’t go about killing all those she already captured because they didn’t instantly submit to him.

Torrhen Stark wasn't his prisoner. He yielded without a fight. He was quite like Dany actually.
Except Dany has a few more flaws.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:44pm On Apr 16, 2019
iamJ:

Their king was known as the king who bent the knee

Robb stark was forming boss they killed him and his men

Should I continue?

The north is full of proud dumb people

What ? I think Torrhen Stark made a good choice.
And then there's Wyman 'the Pie man' Manderly.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:47pm On Apr 16, 2019
iamJ:
if tables were turned

willl the tarly's give her a chance?

Yes. Or they wouldn't be following the ethics of war.
Yielding is as serious Guest Right in Westeros. It's why noone likes the Mountain.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
larride:

Well the Sword Dawn is their ancestral sword which has been in their family way before Ser Arthur.

He might not necessarily carry the sword to battle.

But it's too late to be introduced. No ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nymphomaniac(m): 12:11am On Apr 17, 2019
Elder0001:
When is the next episode going to be aired?
Easter Monday 9pm.

Una dun try...about 15pages just from one episode and still counting. My best quote from this episode is the "stay back! he has blue eyes scene " mehn I felt chills when I saw poor Ned umber. The sign the night king put up is his sigil. It is a sign that all things come to an end...a spiral which takes the shape of a cycle.

Til episode 2 then...Jaime has to prove himself before the council, the NK will reach winter fell though after tormund and beric...beric will die in this next episode. death truly is the real enemy..

Valar Morghulis

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 17, 2019
nymphomaniac:
Easter Monday 9pm.

Una dun try...about 15pages just from one episode and still counting. My best quote from this episode is the "stay back! he has blue eyes scene " mehn I felt chills when I saw poor Ned umber. The sign the night king put up is his sigil. It is a sign that all things come to an end...a spiral which takes the shape of a cycle.

Til episode 2 then...Jaime has to prove himself before the council, the NK will reach winter fell though after tormund and beric...beric will die in this next episode. death truly is the real enemy..

Valar Morghulis

When is Easter Monday? Monday next week I guess
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 1:37am On Apr 17, 2019
Lol.... Mathematical
Ksslib:

You know, i kept quiet all this time and observed to see if anyone will get it but since no one has, and there's still alot of confusion, let me just put this mystery to bed.

As an engineering student, I can confirm beyond any doubt that the sign the Night King left on the wall is an Archemides Spiral.... named after the 3rd century BC Greek mathematician Archimedes.

An Archimedean Spiral is the locus of points corresponding to the locations ( Winterfell & King's Landing) over time of a point moving away (Night King) from a fixed point( Beyond the wall) with a constant speed along a line that rotates with constant angular velocity.

Mathematically speaking, this means the Night King will reach Winterfell in Episode 2. Tormund understood the mathematical implications of the Archimedes spiral that's why when he was asked how much time they've got by Jon in next week's snippet, he accurately predicted that before the sun comes up tommorow , using the angular velocity of earth round the Sun which is 2.0 × 10^-7 rad/s.

I know some will ask, why an Archimedes Spiral? Why didn't the Night King use a Pythagorean traingle , or Euclidean geometry which would have been far far creepier and mathematically perfect?

To understand this... and the Night King's motive for blood & revenge, we all have to go back to the very first episode of season 1. Where the Night King and The Mad King were briefly shown as roommates in their freshman year at Harvard working on a formula to improve Medivial mathematics based on the work of their hero, Archimedes.

Are you following?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 1:39am On Apr 17, 2019
BenzEne1:

Samwell Tarly was not in season 1 episode 1. You probably mean Gared of the nights watch. Gared escaped when the walker fought and killed Ser Waymar Royce and Will. The NK has rises with the long night. Old Nan says he brings the cold or the cold brings him. Whatever sha, there's a time for him to rise. This is the time.

Nope I didn't say Samwell; I said Craster, Samwell and a bro from night watch at S1 E1
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by melodyogonna(m): 2:39am On Apr 17, 2019
Gbola5:

The Ned died forsaking his honor to protect his daughters. It's like every character who isn't an asshole or doesn't wield a sword is scrutinized on this thread.
Ned killed himself with honor, he was already prepared to die before varys threatened his daughters lives which forced him to confess.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seunpaul01(m): 2:55am On Apr 17, 2019
The Lannister brothers can't just abandon Cercei like that. I see betrayal coming from Jamie and Tyrion.

Battle of leader between Jon and Any. The love will blow away so quick. Sam will make sure she does not rule as a revenge to what she did to his fathet and brother.

One more dragon to die.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Oasis007(m): 4:56am On Apr 17, 2019
Sirfeeking:
Download MXplayer app.

grin

Thanks Buddy, will try it out.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Talius(m): 4:58am On Apr 17, 2019
Ksslib:

You know, i kept quiet all this time and observed to see if anyone will get it but since no one has, and there's still alot of confusion, let me just put this mystery to bed.

As an engineering student, I can confirm beyond any doubt that the sign the Night King left on the wall is an Archemides Spiral.... named after the 3rd century BC Greek mathematician Archimedes.

An Archimedean Spiral is the locus of points corresponding to the locations ( Winterfell & King's Landing) over time of a point moving away (Night King) from a fixed point( Beyond the wall) with a constant speed along a line that rotates with constant angular velocity.

Mathematically speaking, this means the Night King will reach Winterfell in Episode 2. Tormund understood the mathematical implications of the Archimedes spiral that's why when he was asked how much time they've got by Jon in next week's snippet, he accurately predicted that before the sun comes up tommorow , using the angular velocity of earth round the Sun which is 2.0 × 10^-7 rad/s.

I know some will ask, why an Archimedes Spiral? Why didn't the Night King use a Pythagorean traingle , or Euclidean geometry which would have been far far creepier and mathematically perfect?

To understand this... and the Night King's motive for blood & revenge, we all have to go back to the very first episode of season 1. Where the Night King and The Mad King were briefly shown as roommates in their freshman year at Harvard working on a formula to improve Medivial mathematics based on the work of their hero, Archimedes.

Are you following?

Funniest thing I've seen here in a while.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by henrygold100: 8:50am On Apr 17, 2019
pls any link to download the last two episodes of season 7
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by larride(m): 8:56am On Apr 17, 2019
Gbola5:

But it's too late to be introduced. No ?

I don’t think the movies has made mention of House Dayne so you might be right.

But I think the prophecy of Azor Ahai has been fulfilled already and we didn’t know it or we didn’t think to that direction.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 17, 2019
Seunpaul01:
The Lannister brothers can't just abandon Cercei like that. I see betrayal coming from Jamie and Tyrion.

Battle of leader between Jon and Any. The love will blow away so quick. Sam will make sure she does not rule as a revenge to what she did to his fathet and brother.

One more dragon to die.

There’s nothing Sam coward can do as per who ascends the throne .

Betrayal from Tyrion or Jamie- bullshît thought

One more dragon to die - maybe
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 17, 2019
larride:

I don’t think the movies has made mention of House Dayne so you might be right.

But I think the prophecy of Azor Ahai has been fulfilled already and we didn’t know it or we didn’t think to that direction.

Wtf is azor ahai on the movie ?

I’m not a fan of the books
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Orientalbrother: 9:06am On Apr 17, 2019
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 9:38am On Apr 17, 2019
Ksslib:

You know, i kept quiet all this time and observed to see if anyone will get it but since no one has, and there's still alot of confusion, let me just put this mystery to bed.....

Are you following?

I never knew the Night King had formal education. smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 9:54am On Apr 17, 2019
larride:

Do you even know how much elephant weigh?

It was just wishful thinking on Cersei part. Not going to happen.

"Not well suited to long sea voyages". That's what the Golden company captain said to Cersei about the elephants and not that the fleet can't carry them.

Sometimes just listening is enough.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 10:24am On Apr 17, 2019
Elder0001:

There’s nothing Sam coward can do as per who ascends the throne .

Betrayal from Tyrion or Jamie- bullshît thought

One more dragon to die - maybe

He was a coward when he was campaign manager for Jon Snow in the Night's watch. He has already killed a WW and broken his vows by laying it on Gilly. Give the guy some credit.

In other news, in a pre-season interview, Jerome Flynn (the Bronn actor) hinted we may not like Bronn, as we do now, before season's end. What's the chance he's gonna carry out the mission Cersei gave him?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/08/game-throness-jerome-flynn-warns-ser-bronn-might-fall-grace-season-8-9133050/
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 17, 2019
LeSulk:

He was a coward when he was campaign manager for Jon Snow in the Night's watch. He has already killed a WW and broken his vows by laying it on Gilly. Give the guy some credit.

In other news, in a pre-season interview, Jerome Flynn (the Bronn actor) hinted we may not like Bronn, as we do now, before season's end. What's the chance he's gonna carry out the mission Cersei gave him?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/08/game-throness-jerome-flynn-warns-ser-bronn-might-fall-grace-season-8-9133050/

49%
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
Elder0001:

One crazy aśs king like that, many fùcking years ago. Who plunged his sword into the heart of his woman to birth that everlastingly flaming sword.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2019
armadeo:

I only read mentions. Am off this thread and you cant find me
i only mentioned that Jon snow is a dragon grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by larride(m): 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2019
Elder0001:

The prophecy which the Red priestess were talking about.

Thousand of years ago, Azor Ahai defeated the darkness and ended the Long Night. He plunge his sword into the heart of his wife to birth the everlasting flaming sword (Lightbringer).

The prophecy from the witch of the woods says Azor Ahai will be reborn bringing with him the Lightbringer to defeat the darkness and end the Long Night.

The Long Night is here, where is Azor Ahai?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by larride(m): 1:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
meforkene:

"Not well suited to long sea voyages". That's what the Golden company captain said to Cersei about the elephants and not that the fleet can't carry them.

Sometimes just listening is enough.

Maybe you just need to brush up your interpretation skills.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JohnnyPalmer: 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ksslib:

Are you following?

Wow!
Bravo
The last paragraph got me rolling on the floor
You crazy... Nice one
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 1:06pm On Apr 17, 2019
Burn!!!!!

larride:

Maybe you just need to brush up your interpretation skills.

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.