Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,378 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1087884 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by vetrovialMan(m): 8:53pm On Apr 22, 2019
luxanne:

Whoa, don't you think you are taking all these up here too serious.

It's really hard to believe you wrote all these 'cause of episode 2.

The guy e worry o, over television story kwa, wey person go suppose free him mind enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iamharkinwaley: 8:53pm On Apr 22, 2019
Cybertext:

HD or just normal

I'll prefer HD, 200 mb should do it nah ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by melodyogonna(m): 8:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
Gbola5:

You do.
But there are also the novellas;
*Tales of Dunk and Egg ( The Hedge Knight, The Sworn Sword, The Mystery Knight; these I recommend, as interesting as the main series itself and very short; it is hinted that Dunk might be Brienne of Tarth's ancestor, and Egg is Maester Aemon's brother )
*The Princess and the Queen(Tells much about the Targaryens and Dragonlore)
*The Rogue Prince
*The Sons of the Dragon(GrrM really loves his Targs)
*Fire and Blood (This one came out last year)
They still occur in the same world but in the past.
*The history book; A World of Ice and Fire. This one is a book written by a maester at the time of Robert's Reign.

I heard one of these might be the plot of a GoT spinoff.
Hi, I can't seem to find any where to download the rogue prince and the sons of dragon. can you please send to me? melodyogonna@gmail.com thank you very much
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 8:59pm On Apr 22, 2019
Endy10:

That song did certain things to me. Like you tightly said, the was the best non fight episode from game of thrones.
It had everything: topnotch dialogue, anger, hate, forgiveness, love, shared moments, stories, vindication and they topped it with that song.

That song has been playing in my head all morning.

@bold
100%
It made me feel some type of way.
You should hear the full version by Florence from Florence + the machine on YouTube.
Guaranteed chills. cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by isaiah9(m): 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
Blockdock90:
I am really beginning to get irritated by the extreme leftist feminism propaganda in Game of thrones. It's even more glaring in this season. Unlike the positive feminism which seeks to empower women, create socio-ecomonic and socio-political equality among the sexes, and excise negative stereotypes about women which are born from sexist and misogynistic roots, the extreme leftist form of feminism seeks not just to empower women but to demasculinized men in the process. This toxic form of feminism seeks to weaken men and make women their masters. If you pay close attention to the recent episodes of game of thrones you'll notice how this theme has coloured the show.

All the power characters currently remaining in the show are all women. The only powerful male character bent the knee and surrendered his power to a woman. I honestly cannot think of a male character that embodies what the ideal should man represents: Strong, morally upright, industrious and noble. All the men who possess this traits are either castrated(to represent demasculinization), very old, disabled, outcasts or a dwarf. Contrast this with powerful female characters like Danny, Sansa, Arya, Brienne, Yara and even Lady mormont. The only powerful male character that fits this mould is REGULARLY demeaned by everyone, either for his height, his heritage or the fact that he knows nothing.

This last episode was just so irritating in terms of how the feminist bullshit was shoved in our faces. Jamie lannister, a man, is judged by two powerful women who occupy high moral grounds. He is only allowed to live when another powerful woman vouches for him, laying emphasis on the fact he lost his arm trying to protect her from rapists. Jeez.
Then you have the rude little mormont girl who is given too much talk time even in situations where more experienced male members of the council should talk.

Then there is Brienne and her little bitch Podrick. That dude is a grown man and yet he's pushed around by a woman like he's her slave or something.

I could go on and on.
Bro i wish i could give you a million likes. You get eye

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by vetrovialMan(m): 9:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
Gbola5:

You do.
*Tales of Dunk and Egg ( The Hedge Knight, The Sworn Sword, The Mystery Knight; these I recommend, as interesting as the main series itself and very short; it is hinted that Dunk might be Brienne of Tarth's ancestor, and Egg is Maester Aemon's brother )
*The Rogue Prince

Do you have em? Pls if you do send to Kris.ogboo@gmail.com

*The history book; A World of Ice and Fire. This one is a book written by a maester at the time of Robert's Reign.

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by shogz89: 9:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
Gbola5:

You do.
*The Rogue Prince

game of thrones will have a prequel titled "the age of heroes" which is all about how the nights walkers came to been, and how the Wal was built by bran the builder. So I read
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
Ksslib:
Dear antispam bot, pls let me be.. Banned me five times within an hour.. wtf!!! Who else is experiencing this?

Anyways I absolutely loved that Jenny song rendition by Podrick. Had to download it on YouTube. It was beautiful.... and blended perfectly with the mood. The partial darkness in the chamber, the luminance of burning flames scattered across the room, the sudden dead silence, the melancholy on thier faces, the brief moment of self-reflection as his voice echoed in the background. Perfecto!!!

As beautiful as the song was, it made something turn inside of my stomach. Bad feeling. Very bad one.

It's a song on one hand but the moment you close your ears and start to listen from the soul it begins to sound like a prophecy. That song is beautiful & eerie at the same time. A radioactive mixture of light & darkness. The type that can make your grandmother appear from nowhere like booooom!!!

Who is Jenny? Is Jenny a pseudonym?

As if the lyrics wasn't deep enough, the camera kept panning to different characters as the song progressed. Each line describing the moment on screen - including this one - "Took away her sorrows & pain" as they showed a half-naked Arya - a reference to how Gendry's D1ck has taken away her sorrows and pain.

Then this last line , "She never wanted to leave" , coincided just as Danyerys appeared on screen and started walking to Jon.

Well well well...

Maybe there's nothing to the song though & I just need to tone down on the weed like some of you have advised.

Jenny of Oldstones. It's a song from the books, a sad one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nymphomaniac(m): 9:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
Thelonewolff:
I suspect she might be a dead person in disguise which will help the NK in the crypt
that girl is very creepy Sha. I have my suspicions as well.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BoleAndFish: 9:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
luxanne:
Feels good to be back on this forum all thanks to GOT.

And I see the rules changed, spoilers and comments on the new episode even when it's not evening yet, the idea was to wait on people like us who can't do vigils like some of y'all. C'mon guys, can we leave this thread the way it used to be? Makes it more fun and interesting when you have more people posting their opinions rather than a few.

Woooo who am I seeing?? Luxanne?? ?? Chai shocked shocked

Don't try to remember. This is a new moniker. grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Danishguy(m): 9:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
CruellaDeVil:
even South African drug pushers get mind to dey watch GOT instead of being on alert for police and immigration services busting them grin grin grin
LOL where you staying.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BoleAndFish: 9:34pm On Apr 22, 2019
luxanne:
Did anyone see what is brewing between theon and sansa?
I was kind of surprised. Didn't see it coming but on a second thought, they probably developed feelings for each other having gone through so much pain in the hands of the same man.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BoleAndFish: 9:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
Whaleshares:
John snow could be killed in the next episode. Who supports this? �
Get behind me prophet of doom!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by pweedie(f): 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2019
omobs:
Jon is really foolish, why can't he wait till after the war before telling dany that he is aegon
Well no one is certain if they would be alive or not. Is better saying it now.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
melodyogonna:

Hi, I can't seem to find any where to download the rogue prince and the sons of dragon. can you please send to me? melodyogonna@gmail.com thank you very much

You can't find it because it's in a collection of books by different authors. So it's best to read online.

http://www.anyreads.net/read/Dangerous_Women/Chapter_22.html
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
the idiot I'm talking to knows itself
Danishguy:
LOL where you staying.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2019
ntyce:
Knighting of Brienne was just an advert for feminism....

Nice scene though

You speak out of ignorance, friend. In the source-material for GOT, besides Ned Stark, Brienne of Tarth was the ONLY person that lived and fought as a true knight should. But she was a woman, and ugly, and not very intelligent. And so no one would knight her.

Read this:
kay9:
<Book 4: A Feast for Crows:: *finished*>

I'm really short of words... After the penultimate Brienne chapter where Brienne the Beauty fought Rorge and Biter, when she made that stand to draw away the last band of the Bloody Mummers from the kids at the Crossroads Inn, knowing it would be the death of her, I literally got heart-sick...

I think of the first four books of the series, AFFC is the most underated... It is here we finally meet a true knight but we barely recognize what we are shown because, surprise! the knight is a woman, is ugly, and isn't that smart after all.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
Double post.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by pweedie(f): 10:04pm On Apr 22, 2019
Ksslib:

Yea. Don't know why I keep mixing both guys up. This has happened before.

No. I don't stay in Lag. But if it's concerning the hard copy of the books, I can have them waybilled. grin
am.interested I the copies too
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2019
Ksslib:

I'll title this beautiful Episode - "The Concept of Time: the battle before the War"..

smiley

I remember you.

I remember your first post on this thread almost 2yrs ago after you caught the GoT bug.

And now, after watching each episode, I smile secretly knowing I still have your commentary to look forward to.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2019
Endy10:

Of course it's for Sansa. Everyone should know that. He came to fight for Winterfell.
I think the real turning point for him was when Jon told him he was both a Greyjoy and a Stark. He didn't have to choose. That settled a lot of conflicts that was brewing in his mind.

I for one thought he was coming back to make amends (the scene where he told bran he was going to protect him and all of that) and not for Sansa, the latter was just an afterthought seeing them dine together and the unspoken looks i noticed.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by shogz89: 10:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
Is nymeria and her pack not going to join the frenzy.. I tot the producer said the wolves are going to have a good number of time. I hope it's not only ghost that will be in it
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 10:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
LeSulk:

I concur with you. Brienne is the most knightly person in Westeros. I was so happy for her. The reason the Hound refused to be a knight was that there were too many morally bankrupt fùckers like his brother that are knights.

Since there are Queens on either side of Westeros, her knighthood would probably stand. Though I see her unknighted if Cersei triumphs and finds out Jaime knighted her.

A knight cannot be un-made.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2019
Endy10:

That song did certain things to me. Like you tightly said, the was the best non fight episode from game of thrones.
It had everything: topnotch dialogue, anger, hate, forgiveness, love, shared moments, stories, vindication and they topped it with that song.

That song has been playing in my head all morning.

Hmmm, you can say that again, I'll have it on my playlist, lyrics kinda sounds like Adele's.

Podrick did a good job on it with his voice (that is, if it is his).
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Jesuspikin8: 10:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
Don't we have a mod on this thread?

For fvck sakes what's with the spoilers?!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 10:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
BoleAndFish:
I was kind of surprised. Didn't see it coming but on a second thought, they probably developed feelings for each other having gone through so much pain in the hands of the same man.

Most likely.

BoleAndFish:
Woooo who am I seeing?? Luxanne?? ?? Chai shocked shocked

Don't try to remember. This is a new moniker. grin

My guts tells me I know thee grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 10:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
kay9:

You speak out of ignorance, friend. In the source-material for GOT, besides Ned Stark, Brienne of Tarth was the ONLY person that lived and fought as a true knight should. But she was a woman, and ugly, and not very intelligent And so no one would knight her.

Read this:

The Brienne in the book I guess.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by tintingz(m): 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
Arya starks cherry has been popped. Hurray!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
AryaSand:

At least Northerners are Fine, Honest and Classy. I despise those Iron Islanders. Fine, dem no fine, Class dem no get, They are just brash and Annoying.

Wrong.

The average Northerner is cold, harsh, almost humorless, and above all prickly about his/her personal pride. Their lives are very hard and they have neither the time nor the wherewithal to be "classy". And no, they are not honest either; they will not think twice about profiting off a "simpering southron's" stewpidity. However, the average northern keeps to his word... most of the time.

The average Iron Islander is a buccaneer.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 10:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
Sasquatch:
What if the Night King is actually headed to Kings Landing whilst his army is attacking Winterfell - grabbing himself an easy million + extra wights?

Hear me out...

The Night King isn’t the traditional villain he actually has won every battle he was in. His extremely calculative when it comes to his every move, no move seems to be unplanned.

Dany:

Dany had a vision of Kings Landing in complete ruin with snow...the place was deserted, not a single soul in sight. Before season 7 I use to think that Dany herself would destroy Kings Landing because she said that she is going to destroy the wheel..

Night King gets a dragon. Changes everything.

Bran:

Bran has a vision of a dragon flying over Kings Landing - again, I use to think that this was Dany until he got a dragon.

Bran said the Nights King can see where he is, what if unknowingly to Bran he can also access Brans memories thus revealing their plans?

One dragon vs two isn’t a risk I think the Night King would stupidly take. It makes no sense for him to put himself up against those odds.

Thoughts?

The bolded vision has already come to pass. Dany flew over Kings Landing on Drogon when she came for the meeting in the Dragonpit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.