Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (789) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1087795 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 4:14pm On May 13, 2019
Lionpikin:
Oh, how I love the way the Dothrakis fight, fighting is fun to them....
sports for them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by harjorlarh(m): 4:14pm On May 13, 2019
Cybertext:

Exactly, why do you think USA as a nation invests billions of dollars in their Marine, airforce and navy.... (They use drones this days to wipe out their targets).

very true,just 1 aircraft carrier has more than fighter jets than all the countries of West Africa and they like 5 carrier and it's just for the navy,we have not even talk about the air force proper sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bond77(m): 4:16pm On May 13, 2019
ChristineC:
Jon Snow is truly dumb.

A lady he's in love with just pleaded with him not to reveal a secret, he did. Ok she felt betrayed but didn't really mind. She let love win.

She confided in him that she feels loveless and alone. He knew very well that he alone at that moment could check her worst impulses. He still perched on middle ground. It was easy to see that she was broken hard. Reassurances and even taking her to bed from that kiss she initiated would have saved King Landing. It's not as if it will be a new thing, they've been fuc'n after all.
All other little inhibitions he may have can come in later when the war was done and dusted.

Ygritte and Milessandre was right all along, Jon Snow is really a dumbfuck!
the guy has been so useless this season that I don't even know who is more sensible between him and euron..
look at when grey worm was talking to dany and he was lurking behind, at this point I said to myself "finally my boy has finally grown some balls" not knowing he wanted to reconfirm his "didirin " to us again..I thought he wanted to even talk stern to dany about how varys was burnt or the secret he told Sansa ..
dany was sort of happy even dismissed grey worm immediately thinking bolo Jon was going to comfort her on missandei death or do the do but all he could say was I love you and then suddenly acting cold.. what kind of mumu is this for aegon sake?
the producers should just kill him off in the last episode or repair the damages and gives us back the Jon we knew in season 6&7!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 4:22pm On May 13, 2019
chiboy1116:
and so fucking what ? Where is she going to rule ? Who's she going to rule now ? She burnt down a place it took her ancestors years!!! To build , I saw this coming , she's not even better than the mad king . She's worse , who goes around burning innocent people when the war has already been won? A mad pesn who should be dead and she's gonna die , Arya would end her. Jon snow is still a fool , continues to be a fool and will be a fool at this point I can't even see him on the throne when dany dies .

@bold

Kings landing is just the capital of the seven kingdom, she can rule the seven kingdom from dragon stone.
She already has an ally in Yara, Gendry, and also in places like Dorme, maybe Ser Bronn will be the lord of the Reach after bending the knee grin too..... She can rule the seven kingdom through fear.... Jon doesn't understand politics I don't even know what he wants.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by chiboy1116: 4:26pm On May 13, 2019
Cybertext:

@bold

Kings landing is just the capital of the seven kingdom, she can rule the seven kingdom from dragon stone.
She already has an ally in Yara, Gendry, and also in places like Dorme, maybe Ser Bronn will be the lord of the Reach after bending the knee grin too..... She can rule the seven kingdom through fear.... Jon doesn't understand politics I don't even know what he wants.
like I don't understand what's happening , you have already won the war ,wtf is wrong with u? Killing everyone , even soldiers who fought for her were running for their lifes .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeoFish92(m): 4:26pm On May 13, 2019
solomonbrown64:
...... I don't know if I should hate or like this episode. Great cinematography no doubt, far better than the last horrible battle where I couldn't see a thing, at least I enjoyed the destruction of Drogon. That Dragon na confirm beast.....Who says Dany isn't smart - she used gliding and free fall to completely destroy those ships.... quite ridiculous but great steering from Dany.

..... Quite a few loopholes but then, the episode was already getting thumbed down to hell even before release. It seems people already expect another master class disaster from D & D and they were not wrong.

....Varys died too late and the idiot has already put in play things to ruin Dany's claim to the throne, not that she did herself any good in this episode.

....I think Arya's role is becoming far too fake and should have died in this episode is in my opinion.

....I am not going to put curses on the writers of the show anymore because they already have a fair load of them this season, so I will just ignore the madness that was done to Dany's character.

...The writers want to put the blame on Aegon for Dany's madness, which I don't like but I have to say it now that Aegon is the dumbest character in the series. A woman who was clearly depressed and was clearly on the brink, instead of soothing her and giving her one better mind-blowing sex (not a fan of fornicaton though) to assure her or whatever. You did the opposite and confirmed to the woman that you never really loved her but used her for your gain. What an Oloriburuku!! Dumb, stupid man. Christ! He truly knows nothing. If he steps on that throne, he will be easily manipulated especially because of that silly honour he holds there.

....Kings landing destruction and the death of Innocents rests squarely on Aegon's head. He caused their death. He has failed to be a man. Kai, I dey vex right now.

..... Jamie and Euron ending up together, seriously?....

..... After the golden company has been hyped, one dragon was all it took to bring down a whole city. They truly scammed Cercei.

.... The battle was one dragon versus many and it prevailed. Honestly, the night king battle had me more hyped than this.

....One more episode and I will gladly dumb the series without a second look.

So, as assuming you are a Writer of GOT, provide an alternative ending/ storyline to the episode.

You know it's easier to criticise when you are just an observer
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 13, 2019
chiboy1116:
and so fucking what ? Where is she going to rule ? Who's she going to rule now ? She burnt down a place it took her ancestors years!!! To build , I saw this coming , she's not even better than the mad king . She's worse , who goes around burning innocent people when the war has already been won? A mad pesn who should be dead and she's gonna die , Arya would end her. Jon snow is still a fool , continues to be a fool and will be a fool at this point I can't even see him on the throne when dany dies .
westeros isn't just made of kingslanding, there are still many kingdoms to rule, beside she didn't kill everybody, so the town can still revive, even Aegon the conqueror laid waste to his enemies, after conquering six kingdoms when he wanted to conquer Dorne so many civilians died, so to win a war and to make sure the enemy doesn't stand up again, crush them with fear, after what she did nobody will dare to oppose her.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 13, 2019
The truth is that jon is the cause of this massacre, keep secret you will not keep, sleep with your aunt you will not do, he is to blame for everything angry

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by chiboy1116: 4:30pm On May 13, 2019
Seun:

I hate the fact that "madness" was used as an excuse to make her act in a way that was at odds with how she had been growing as a person.

Dany was my favorite character in season 1, and the Dany of Season 8 was the best Dany ever. Most forgiving, brave, friendly, etc. It's too bad.
this isn't even madness .
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bond77(m): 4:39pm On May 13, 2019
ollah2:

Dany will kill Sansa, Jon will kill Dany and Jon alongside Arya will rule the seven kingdoms
what about this? ..
Jon kills dany, grey worm kills Jon, Arya kills grey worm, Tyrion kills Arya, Sansa kills Tyrion. Gendry died of hat attack from Arya's death. Ser Davos became insane on Jon's death. sansa committed suicide! a raven was sent beyond the wall to pass a message to the rightful heir to the throne?? and guess who became king??

Tormund Giantsbane. grin

seriously I think the iron throne would be dissolved or democratized, and a small council would be formed. with each council member representing each of the seven kingdoms. So No more Iron throne!!

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 4:43pm On May 13, 2019
Endy10:

The key word there being Enemy.
If she kills the civilians of Kings Landing, who does she get to rule?

Kill Cercie, hell she can Dracarys the ass of the golden company and the Lannister armies. But those children, women and defenceless men didn't deserve to die.
@bolded, Kings Landing does not even make up to 15% of Westeros.

In the Bible, God also told Israelites to kill children but take the women as sex slaves... Do you also have issues with that?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by chiboy1116: 4:50pm On May 13, 2019
HenryDion:

That's why you will never be in power. Innocent lives are merely collateral damage.
I think you need to check your dictionary again , you don't seem to know the meaning of words . grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by chrome001: 4:51pm On May 13, 2019
Comanche:
So in honour of the ending of this great show I decided to get me and my guy some Game of Thrones merchandise.....

Someone is going to be pleasantly surprised when next we meet cheesy.....

Yay!

I'm a Stark at heart and the dude has chosen to pay debts all his life angry .....

I'm crazy about them.....Though the neck piece is a bit big though sad

I'd love this also. Does the person have other GOT things apart from
these?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kwynette(f): 4:52pm On May 13, 2019
This season was poorly directed.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bond77(m): 4:53pm On May 13, 2019
crackhaus:

It sure seems like I'm the only one who saw the Starbucks cup in that scene as a deliberate theatrical stunt cheesy

Do you know how many actors were physically present in that scene in front of the cameras?
What about the production staff who were behind the cameras?
Not to mention that before we get to see what we see on TV, a lot of editing is done - scenes are cut, dialogues are cut, continuity, some scenes are even re-done, etc.

Knowing all that now, do you honestly think no one noticed a Starbucks cup all through the entire process?
Cinematic mistakes are not that obvious but that cup in the position it stood, was too darn obvious.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SirL0neWolf(m): 4:53pm On May 13, 2019
philfearon:

In the Bible, God also told Israelites to kill children but take the women as sex slaves... Do you also have issues with that?

Can you help me with a clear direct download link of the latest episode please?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 4:54pm On May 13, 2019
chiboy1116:
like I don't understand what's happening , you have already won the war ,wtf is wrong with u? Killing everyone , even soldiers who fought for her were running for their lifes .

I get your point, but you need to put yourself in Dany's shoes.... I blame this to Jon.

Why??

You claim not to want something but you still tell people you own the thing.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 4:56pm On May 13, 2019
There was that moment when Dany was like.. "Oh, fook it!"

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by chiboy1116: 4:57pm On May 13, 2019
Buharifanatic:
if dany is killed, i wouldnt mind

as long as she kills sansa

and i expect drogon to go on a rampage when she dies
and why would she kill sansa ? Lwkmd unless she wants to start a war .

A lone dragon isn't that difficult to kill .
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 5:02pm On May 13, 2019
So much for the consistency (The comment by Beinoff is a spinoff from his comments last week)

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by chiboy1116: 5:02pm On May 13, 2019
philfearon:

why are u quoting the Bible ? Smh .
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by arantess: 5:03pm On May 13, 2019
kwynette:
This season was poorly directed.
Kindly outline how u would have directed it lets see

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nihilistjnr: 5:07pm On May 13, 2019
the real lesson here is to never play with your food.

Cersei had everybody lined up together in one place, within range of arrows and ballistas only one episode ago.

to paraphrase the immortal Sean Carter - it was all good an episode ago...

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 13, 2019
bond77:

the guy has been so useless this season that I don't even know who is more sensible between him and euron..
look at when grey worm was talking to dany and he was lurking behind, at this point I said to myself "finally my boy has finally grown some balls" not knowing he wanted to reconfirm his "didirin " to us again..I thought he wanted to even talk stern to dany about how varys was burnt or the secret he told Sansa ..
dany was sort of happy even dismissed grey worm immediately thinking bolo Jon was going to comfort her on missandei death or do the do but all he could say was I love you and then suddenly acting cold.. what kind of mumu is this for aegon sake?
the producers should just kill him off in the last episode or repair the damages and gives us back the Jon we knew in season 6&7!

You guys need to ease up a bit and stop lambasting him. Gosh! Jon has made so much sacrifices to save his people and his remaining families. He even got killed in the process and was resurrected. For a guy who had died and came back from the dead, I think it's forgivable if he seems rather too careful and sullen.

Jon's interest was never the throne. And he has reiterated that several times. He has achieved what he wanted, protecting his people from the army of the dead and seeing his family members together again and defeating all enemies of their families. Now, he doesn't want to put his family in any further harm.

His battles have been fought and done with. Now he simply follows danny carefully, fulfilling his own end of the bargain. This battle is not his. He's just assisting. Forget the Aegon identity. It's was an agreement he already reached with Danny before he became aware of his true identity. AN AGREEMENT IS AN AGREEMENT. If you ask me, the dude is approaching the matter very maturedly, even if he seems conflicted.

Jon is the hero of this show from day one till now. His seeming present 'dullness' is not stupidity. When you've been through the kind of things he has, the battles he has fought so far, you yourself would mellow down.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 5:10pm On May 13, 2019
Drogon's throat must really hurt from all the Dracarys. Poor boy. Not even a lunch break for him.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 5:13pm On May 13, 2019
chiboy1116:
and why would she kill sansa ? Lwkmd unless she wants to start a war .

A lone dragon isn't that difficult to kill .

It's quite miraculous that the North even has an army of up to1,000 soldiers left.
They've participated in Robb's rebellion from s01 to s03, ending in the Red Wedding massacre. A good number were defeated by Theon and the Iron Islanders. Fought when Stannis and Bolton clashed. Fought a civil war in the Battle of the Bástards, where an old House like Mormont could only gather 62 men. Fought the Undead. Fought alongside Jon Snow in KL.

They must really be prolific at reproduction grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ibrahim3307(m): 5:17pm On May 13, 2019
"A day will come when you think you are safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid." Tyrion Lannister to Cersei. Quite a prophet Tyrion is turning out to be.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 5:17pm On May 13, 2019
Watching the episode again, and I realized Varys actually wanted killing Dany with poison (first scene)...the bald cockless fvcka deserved what he got TBH.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by xxix: 5:19pm On May 13, 2019
I will blame Jon for this. Dany clearly wanted the d!ck! The dumb fvck refused to give her the d!ck; so she went berserk and unfurled one thousand years of targaryen madness on king's landing and burnt it to it's core!!!

This is clear definition of thanking things personal.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 5:19pm On May 13, 2019
Cybertext:
Watching the episode again, and I realized Varys actually wanted killing Dany with poison (first scene)...the bald cockless fvcka deserved what he got TBH.
For wanting to avert the death of thousands?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 5:20pm On May 13, 2019
Nnaabros:

You guys need to ease up a bit and stop lambasting him. Gosh! Jon has made so much sacrifices to save his people and his remaining families. He even got killed in the process and was resurrected. For a guy who had died and came back from the dead, I think it's forgivable if he seems rather too careful and sullen.

Jon's interest was never the throne. And he has reiterated that several times. He has achieved what he wanted, protecting his people from the army of the dead and seeing his family members together again and defeating all enemies of their families.

His battle have been fought and done with. Now he simply follows danny carefully, fulfilling his own end of the bargain. This battle is not his. He's just assisting. Forget the Aegon identity. It's was an agreement he already reached with Danny before he became aware of his true identity. AN AGREEMENT IS AN AGREEMENT. If you ask me, the dude is approaching the matter fairly maturedly, even if he seems conflicted.

The dude is the hero of this show from day one till now. His seeming present 'dullness' is not stupidity. When you've been through the kind of things he has, the battles he has fought so far, you yourself would become mellow down.

True that

(1) (2) (3) ... (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.