Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,218 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:48 AM

Common Tactics Used By Invited Speaks In Church Programs - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Common Tactics Used By Invited Speaks In Church Programs (2469 Views)

Absence From Court: TB Joshua Speaks After Failing To Be At The Court / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Tactics Used By Invited Speaks In Church Programs by tomzman: 12:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
OP, Let me ask you a question. Did you empty your wallet just because you wanted to obey the 'MOG' or because it came from your heart. When giving, listen to the voice of the spirit. I know there are times God would ask you to give all you have even though it is not comfortable for you at that moment but God would never threaten his children into giving. OP, as far as I'm concerned, that man is not a man of God and if I were in your shoes, I would not empty my wallet. I would simply walk out of the church and never go back there.

1 Like

Re: Common Tactics Used By Invited Speaks In Church Programs by PalmTree(m): 3:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
oiseworld:

Christianity is not stupidity, neither does it give room for foolishness.
Thanks bro.

My point exactly, how then did you not see anything wrong in what the invited speaker told that congregation including the OP? The OP said they were told to empty their purses! How does he expect the poor fellas to get home? Tell me, are you of the opinion that its not a stupid game? Would you have emptied your purse if you were present? Good Sir, there is no need to mince words, like Goshen rightly said, God wants a cheerful giver not a coerced one. Honestly, I'm perplexed that you find my analogy stu pid since you gave credence to the invited pastor because we basically said the same thing.
Re: Common Tactics Used By Invited Speaks In Church Programs by oiseworld: 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2013
PalmTree:

My point exactly, how then did you not see anything wrong in what the invited speaker told that congregation including the OP? The OP said they were told to empty their purses! How does he expect the poor fellas to get home? Tell me, are you of the opinion that its not a stupid game? Would you have emptied your purse if you were present? Good Sir, there is no need to mince words, like Goshen rightly said, God wants a cheerful giver not a coerced one. Honestly, I'm perplexed that you find my analogy stu pid since you gave credence to the invited pastor because we basically said the same thing.

your eye dey red gan ni...
Ok, I can't tell exactly whose voice the op heard, either Gods voice through the man of God (his spirit bearing witness) or just the voice of a man holding the mic. if God had spoken through the man of God, then don't ask how he expected them to get home, he knows how to take them home. Its people like you that asked Moses where he was leading them to after the Israelite left Egypt. you would have asked God how he wanted Abraham to survive when he asked him to leave his fathers house.

You would have asked Elijah how he expected the woman at the well to survive after Elijah told her to make the him the last meal she had.
Re: Common Tactics Used By Invited Speaks In Church Programs by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
^^^
False Prophet !!
Re: Common Tactics Used By Invited Speaks In Church Programs by PalmTree(m): 10:06pm On Apr 03, 2013
oiseworld:

your eye dey red gan ni...
Ok, I can't tell exactly whose voice the op heard, either Gods voice through the man of God (his spirit bearing witness) or just the voice of a man holding the mic. if God had spoken through the man of God, then don't ask how he expected them to get home, he knows how to take them home. Its people like you that asked Moses where he was leading them to after the Israelite left Egypt. you would have asked God how he wanted Abraham to survive when he asked him to leave his fathers house.

You would have asked Elijah how he expected the woman at the well to survive after Elijah told her to make the him the last meal she had.

Gentleman, what exactly are you insinuating? You just agreed that you are not sure if it was Gods voice the OP heard through the pastor or not. So you mean there will be a mysterious bus waiting to convey the penniless fellas home? If you wouldn't have questioned any of the prophets you mentioned above, why haven't you emptied your account and credit all your savings to mine after all I told you that I'm also a prophet? Oh, you don't want to be stu pid by sending me your savings but you see nothing wrong with the OP emptying his purse right? Once you stop your hypocrisy, you'll see exactly as other posters
Re: Common Tactics Used By Invited Speaks In Church Programs by oiseworld: 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2013
frosbel: ^^^
False Prophet !!

its name calling now abi?
To you all men of God are false prophets. I've been waiting for you to give us names of real prophets of our days.
Just one would be ok.
Re: Common Tactics Used By Invited Speaks In Church Programs by oiseworld: 10:30pm On Apr 03, 2013
PalmTree:

Gentleman, what exactly are you insinuating? You just agreed that you are not sure if it was Gods voice the OP heard through the pastor or not. So you mean there will be a mysterious bus waiting to convey the penniless fellas home? If you wouldn't have questioned any of the prophets you mentioned above, why haven't you emptied your account and credit all your savings to mine after all I told you that I'm also a prophet? Oh, you don't want to be stu pid by sending me your savings but you see nothing wrong with the OP emptying his purse right? Once you stop your hypocrisy, you'll see exactly as other posters

A waste of time.....really lacks understanding.
Re: Common Tactics Used By Invited Speaks In Church Programs by alexleo(m): 12:14am On Apr 04, 2013
Now this is what is killing christianity. So called men of God are so money conscious more than us who are doing our secular jobs and businesses. OP, yes obedience is better than sacrifice so does it mean that if your pastor ask you to commit fornication so as to get a job you will also obey? Where did the bible say that a pastor should command his congregation to give all the money in their pocket? Dont be deceived my dear.
A friend of mine invited me to their church for a thanksgiving service sometime this year, after singing and praying in thanksgiving to God for what he has done, Bishop declared offering time, i went and gave my offering. As the service was going on, more offering times came up for about 4 times, I DIDN'T LEAVE MY SEAT TO GO GIVE ANY OFFERING AGAIN. Another friend that went with us asked me why, i told him that am done with offering, and he was like- you mean everybody will leave his seat to go give offering and you ll remain here? I said yes. And bros, I KEPT TO WHAT I SAID TILL THEY FINISHED ALL THE OFFERING TIMES. Now, by the time the Bishop called for the last offering, one of the members behind just muttered some words that- money don finish o. I turned back to look at him and he kept on saying it and searching his pocket. I just pitied the ignorance of Nigerian Christians at that point.
Another thing was that when the man was preaching if comes to your row, people in that row will either kneel down or bend their head in reverence to him until he leaves that area. My dear when he came to our own row, I DIDN'T BEND MY HEAD IN REVERENCE AND I NEVER KNELT DOWN. Some of my friends knelt down before the man except me and the one seating beside me(who took courage from me). And you know what? I was looking the preacher straight in eyes, at a point he came and stood in front of me directly, i was still looking at his eyes, and for whatever reason he stayed so long in that our row more than other rows. By the time he brought out some anointed powdered milk and honey put in small satchet which he said was for protection, healing and prosperity and wanted to share it, i stood up and left. When i told other friends that am leaving they said it will look somehow and i said let it look and left. What am saying is, dont be deceived into doing what you know is wrong because pastor said. A LOT OF CHRISTIANS ARE "PASTOR-SAID" CHRISTIANS AND THIS IS DANGEROUS FOR ANYBODY THAT WANTS TO MAKE HEAVEN. THE HOLY SPIRIT REMAINS OUR FAITHFUL GUIDE.

2 Likes

Re: Common Tactics Used By Invited Speaks In Church Programs by Candour(m): 7:50am On Apr 04, 2013
alexleo: Now this is what is killing christianity. So called men of God are so money conscious more than us who are doing our secular jobs and businesses. OP, yes obedience is better than sacrifice so does it mean that if your pastor ask you to commit fornication so as to get a job you will also obey? Where did the bible say that a pastor should command his congregation to give all the money in their pocket? Dont be deceived my dear.
A friend of mine invited me to their church for a thanksgiving service sometime this year, after singing and praying in thanksgiving to God for what he has done, Bishop declared offering time, i went and gave my offering. As the service was going on, more offering times came up for about 4 times, I DIDN'T LEAVE MY SEAT TO GO GIVE ANY OFFERING AGAIN. Another friend that went with us asked me why, i told him that am done with offering, and he was like- you mean everybody will leave his seat to go give offering and you ll remain here? I said yes. And bros, I KEPT TO WHAT I SAID TILL THEY FINISHED ALL THE OFFERING TIMES. Now, by the time the Bishop called for the last offering, one of the members behind just muttered some words that- money don finish o. I turned back to look at him and he kept on saying it and searching his pocket. I just pitied the ignorance of Nigerian Christians at that point.
Another thing was that when the man was preaching if comes to your row, people in that row will either kneel down or bend their head in reverence to him until he leaves that area. My dear when he came to our own row, I DIDN'T BEND MY HEAD IN REVERENCE AND I NEVER KNELT DOWN. Some of my friends knelt down before the man except me and the one seating beside me(who took courage from me). And you know what? I was looking the preacher straight in eyes, at a point he came and stood in front of me directly, i was still looking at his eyes, and for whatever reason he stayed so long in that our row more than other rows. By the time he brought out some anointed powdered milk and honey put in small satchet which he said was for protection, healing and prosperity and wanted to share it, i stood up and left. When i told other friends that am leaving they said it will look somehow and i said let it look and left. What am saying is, dont be deceived into doing what you know is wrong because pastor said. A LOT OF CHRISTIANS ARE "PASTOR-SAID" CHRISTIANS AND THIS IS DANGEROUS FOR ANYBODY THAT WANTS TO MAKE HEAVEN. THE HOLY SPIRIT REMAINS OUR FAITHFUL GUIDE.

shocked shocked shocked Christians who wish to be free will surely become free because the truth that sets free is on their shelves @ home.If only they'll open up and study.

your boldness is commendable bro grin.weldone sir
Re: Common Tactics Used By Invited Speaks In Church Programs by nep2ra(m): 12:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
Goshen360: @ Brother Frosbel,

Please, I need you to find that video where someone (a man) pretended to give testimony and exposed that false teacher woman you once posted. I need you to post it here please. Thank you.

Is this what you are asking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBGSecIiMiQ
Re: Common Tactics Used By Invited Speaks In Church Programs by PalmTree(m): 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
oiseworld:

A waste of time.....really lacks understanding.

Smh, my fine friend, it is you who needs to emancipate yourself from religious slavery.
Re: Common Tactics Used By Invited Speaks In Church Programs by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
nep2ra:

Is this what you are asking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBGSecIiMiQ

Yes , thats the one.

This is what we call a MAN of GOD, not the Judases and charlatans parading in most of our Nigerian pulpits .
Re: Common Tactics Used By Invited Speaks In Church Programs by james2man: 7:34am On Apr 12, 2013
alexleo: Now this is what is killing christianity. So called men of God are so money conscious more than us who are doing our secular jobs and businesses. OP, yes obedience is better than sacrifice so does it mean that if your pastor ask you to commit fornication so as to get a job you will also obey? Where did the bible say that a pastor should command his congregation to give all the money in their pocket? Dont be deceived my dear.

Your write up is enlighten, what a strong boldness.These days,pastors,prophets etc sees themselves as AUTHORITY they are so interested in know everything about congregation's affairs so they can tell them all sort of rubbish they feel like saying.I don't patronize them be it general counseling or courtship counseling. God will help us and lead us through the right paths.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Resurrection Of The Dead Saints / A Lot Of Christians/muslims Are Just Psychopaths Covering With Religion / Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.