Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) (2539 Views)

Photos Of The Two Aircrafts That Colided In Lagos Yesterday / 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport / 'we Have Removed Our Old Aircrafts' - Kabo Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by violent(m): 11:13am On Apr 01, 2013
Virgin launches glass-bottomed plane

By Richard Branson

I’m thrilled to announce that Virgin has created another world-first with the introduction of the technology required to produce the world’s first glass-bottomed plane. This technological innovation coincides with the start of Virgin Atlantic Airways’ first ever domestic service to Scotland.

In 1984 we started the wonderful airline that is Virgin Atlantic. I am incredibly proud of yet another aviation breakthrough which has been years in the making. I can’t wait to experience the first flight for myself with my family and other natural born explorers.

2012 was a year of celebrating what is brilliant about Great Britain and I’m excited that in 2013 we are continuing this uplifting spirit by developing an experience that will enable Little Red passengers to appreciate the beauty of the British landscape. And with an unrivalled view of Scotland I hope this gives Scottish tourism an even bigger boost.

We hope to trial the glass bottom technology with other Virgin airlines in time and have asked other Virgin companies to support this innovative trial and launch our new domestic Scottish route. This really is a team effort from all corners of Virgin

http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/blog/virgin-atlantic-launches-worlds-first-ever-glass-bottomed-plane
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by Jsmyth(m): 11:42am On Apr 01, 2013
Makes sense...buh, wuld av been xtra thrilling if twaz naija production...
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by yuzedo: 12:25pm On Apr 01, 2013
No fùcking way I am walking on the aisle to my seat. I prefer to be clambering over the seats & shii... Cos man no know where glass end, and free-fall begin! grin

6 Likes

Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by Chinwem(f): 1:04pm On Apr 01, 2013
^^^^^^^LMAO cheesy cheesy
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by Chinwem(f): 1:08pm On Apr 01, 2013
Jsmyth: Makes sense...buh, wuld av been xtra thrilling if twaz naija production...

Naija ke??
One step at a time abeg
Are you trying to get us killed?

3 Likes

Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by gunuvi(m): 1:37pm On Apr 01, 2013
This one is scary o. Why not add a channel that will be showing the bottom of the plane rather than glass?.
In case of crash landing, won't the glass break? Think twice oo.
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by violent(m): 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2013
^^

I think it is an April fool from Virgin Atlantic.
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by ITbomb(m): 3:42pm On Apr 01, 2013
Don't try this back home
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked do they want to me die ? never ever will i enter such a plane !!!!!!!
Edit: im guessing this is an April fools joke

1 Like

Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2013
What can i say?
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by TrackCee: 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2013
TrackCee.com will also be giving out one of these planes to our beloved audience when it launches.
This is part of the ongoing entertainment merger between Virgin and TrackCee.com.

totally not APRIL FOOLS!!
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by tellwsdom: 7:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
Hell no-I will wait for another flight angry
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by tpia5: 7:58pm On Apr 01, 2013
Wow, scary.

Maybe its a fake story though.
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by cescky(m): 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2013
nice , typical branson, always thinking out the box
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by Kolade9(m): 9:53pm On Apr 01, 2013
Nice grin
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by GraceBestowed(f): 11:42pm On Apr 01, 2013
yuzedo: No fùcking way I am walking on the aisle to my seat. I prefer to be clambering over the seats & shii... Cos man no know where glass end, and free-fall begin! grin
EL OH EL!!! Wish I could 'like' this multiple times! (^_^)
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
yuzedo: No fùcking way I am walking on the aisle to my seat. I prefer to be clambering over the seats & shii... Cos man no know where glass end, and free-fall begin! grin
LOOOOOOOOOOL grin grin grin
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 02, 2013
AFD.

And where would we put the luggage and the wing spar.
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by Vicjustice: 9:26am On Apr 02, 2013
Jsmyth: Makes sense...buh, wuld av been xtra thrilling if twaz naija production...

Then, how safe would it be if it's Nigerian made?
Would you dare to fly in an airplane of such design if it's "Naija production"?

Well, such design, irrespective.., could increase the rate if acrophobia (that's the fear of height)
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by justwise(m): 10:30am On Apr 02, 2013
Not for me, will not add any pressure to my flight experience, it will even put some people off flying.
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by justwise(m): 10:30am On Apr 02, 2013
Vicjustice:
Then, how safe would it be if it's Nigerian made?
Would you dare to fly in an airplane of such design if it's "Naija production"?

Well, such design, irrespective.., could increase the rate if acrophobia (that's the fear of height)

True that.
Re: Virgin To Launch The First Glass Bottomed Aircrafts (Pictures) by tck2000(m): 3:58pm On Jul 26, 2019
He

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Abuja By Road / Evergreen Truck Goes Viral After Blocking Motorway Just Like The Ship / Bored! Is There Any Young Nigerian In Baltimore, MD Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.