Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School (15874 Views)

12 Things You Should Learn About Relationships While You're Single.. / LADIES: When Someone Harrasses You In Public While You're With Your Guy. / Dating Mr Right While I Am Miss Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by True2myself24(f): 2:25am On Apr 02, 2013
I was watching CNN and they were talking about how women plan their lives in terms of marriage. Well there was a woman on the show who was saying that the best time for a woman to look for a spouse or a potential spouse is while she's In college because it's at that age and environment that you're most likely to find a man who is, what she called, on the same social and intellectual level as you. According to her, women of this generation have been taught to use their twenties to futher themselves academically and professionally. Marriage should be something you seek after later in your thirties once you've achieved all or most of your professional goals. But then the problem with such an approach, again according to her, is that women end up marrying a lot later because of their careers and by the time they're well settled professionally they're in their early to mid thirties and have nothing but their careers; and not only that, but they have a limited pool of men from with they can chose from because the men they could have dated, and maybe married, when they were in college are already married and probably with their first child by their early thirties. Some people called this woman's advice sexist and regressive because if taken out of context, it sounds as if she's telling college women that they should be preoccupied with getting married instead of furthering themselves.

Me on the other hand I agree with her. I think that while you're young and in school you should keep your eyes open and see what's out there. I don't think that you should rush into marriage right away; afterall, you're not going to school just to walk straight into marriage and start making babies. I'm all for women developing themselves while they're young, but It's also wise not to shut out every guy that comes your way all in the name of advancing yourself in your career. What good is money and a dream job if you have no one to share it with? What's your opinion? Do you agree with the woman's argument? Why or why not?

12 Likes

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by k2039: 2:38am On Apr 02, 2013
[size=13pt]I agree.

I hope she watched the program.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt2NvmDiDheNWoiZoOv_wQjoptljvoglVuG0EAcZN1FF7n6oDldA[/img]
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by True2myself24(f): 2:38am On Apr 02, 2013
[i][/i]
k2039: [size=13pt]I hope she watched the program.[/size]

who's she?
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by k2039: 2:43am On Apr 02, 2013
True2myself24: [i][/i]

who's she?
[size=13pt] I had a girl like that, I chased at a point, she wasn't ready, all she wanted was career first.

Of course I know she will later come back to daddy but it's going to be too late.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by True2myself24(f): 2:46am On Apr 02, 2013
k2039:
[size=13pt] I had a girl like that, I chased at a point, she wasn't ready, all she wanted was career first.

Of course I know she will later come back to daddy but it's going to be too late.
[/size]

Aww I'm sorry. People just have different priorities and I guess you have to find someone on the same page as you.

5 Likes

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by 2legit2qwt: 2:59am On Apr 02, 2013
You're totally right and this shouldn't be restricted to women alone. A lot of people think that all they need to do is get a good education and everything else falls into place. They neglect other aspects of their lives in the pursuits of a quality education. It ain't like anything is wrong with this, in fact it should be encouraged. However, the problem lies in the mindset that it's the easiest to achieve therefore, it shouldn't be given that much priority at that point.

It's more admirable if one is able to handle his/her academic life with marriage/healthy relationship if it's at all important to that person.

In the end, it's all ifs and buts and our priorities are different. Life isn't mathematics where 1+1 = 2, sometimes what we want isn't what we get and vice versa.

11 Likes

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 3:58am On Apr 02, 2013
@True2myself and 2legit: You two hit the nail on the head. There should be a balance between one pursuing academic excellence/career goals, and having a good social life. As they say, all work and no play makes Obi a dull boy.
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:36am On Apr 02, 2013
And wen they go for service they shld fucck their life away?

The best time is wen u're workin, u walk up head high anywhere: banks, hotels, resturant, gyms etc and grabs ur boobbie anytime like mynd!
No jonzing!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Mynd44: 5:54am On Apr 02, 2013
SLIDE waxie: And wen they go for service they shld fucck their life away?

The best time is wen u're workin, u walk up head high anywhere: banks, hotels, resturant, gyms etc and grabs ur boobbie anytime like mynd!
No jonzing!!
You need help bro

2 Likes

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Mynd44: 5:56am On Apr 02, 2013
I beleive there is not "appropriate" time jorh. A lady can decide she does not want distractions cos she cannot handle two things at the same time and give them maximum attention. There are people like that. They would rather make something of themselves first than chase some guy around campus

3 Likes

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Lanrefahm(m): 6:37am On Apr 02, 2013
corenthians chapter 7
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 02, 2013
So long he knows my school work is my number 1 priority at this point in my life, then its good

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Mynd44: 7:19am On Apr 02, 2013
mondi_cheeks: So long he knows my school work is my number 1 priority at this point in my life, then its good
True

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Princeparix(m): 7:37am On Apr 02, 2013
mondi_cheeks: So long he knows my school work is my number 1 priority at this point in my life, then its good
ur right but why dont we ask first "why do i want to get married?"
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by HARDDON: 8:06am On Apr 02, 2013
Learning to balance life's equations is the ultimate ish we are always faced with

Alpha-humans don't just happen on platter. They plan their whole lives . Wheda you like it or not, we were made to multitask ...if you don't do it well while young, you wud fail @ it while married cos there isn't no skipping that den

4 Likes

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 02, 2013
Princeparix: ur right but why dont we ask first "why do i want to get married?"
I don't wanna get married now, but wen I'm ready for marriage, it will be because I want someone I can love and commit myself to for the rest of my life and have children with. Someone I will love respect and be loyal to, so long I get the same in return.

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Alleinad(f): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2013
The way I see it, anytime a lady wants to get a husband, she will. Even the bible says seek and you shall find. I am also of the opinion that if you've got plenty paper to spare, you can have any guy you want, esp the young guys. They r cuter anyway, more active, very lively, I could go on. Peace out.

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by greedie1(f): 8:48am On Apr 02, 2013
i believe a lady can have it all... at d same time but dats if she wants

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by fubbyy(m): 8:50am On Apr 02, 2013
mondi_cheeks: I don't wanna get married now, but wen I'm ready for marriage, it will be because I want someone I can love and commit myself to for the rest of my life and have children with. Someone I will love respect and be loyal to, so long I get the same in return.
women don't make such decision as yours, its only a man can decide to get married whenever he's ready, a woman can't say so because what if she gets ready and no man is coming around?

@ topic , I don't know why God created this marriage of a thing,if I have the power to change the world, I will stop marriage and people can decide to make babies and move on

There are a lot of fuss with this marriage thing, its a tie down not settling down

2 Likes

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Princeparix(m): 9:20am On Apr 02, 2013
mondi_cheeks: I don't wanna get married now, but wen I'm ready for marriage, it will be because I want someone I can love and commit myself to for the rest of my life and have children with. Someone I will love respect and be loyal to, so long I get the same in return.
hey sweet>dont just say all dis because na nairaland u d post am.
To be sincere, marriage is a life sublime, but the main reason we all as human beings(especially Africans)wanna get married is because we all need OFFSPRINGS.

2 Likes

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 02, 2013
fubbyy: women don't make such decision as yours, its only a man can decide to get married whenever he's ready, a woman can't say so because what if she gets ready and no man is coming around?

@ topic , I don't know why God created this marriage of a thing,if I have the power to change the world, I will stop marriage and people can decide to make babies and move on

There are a lot of fuss with this marriage thing, its a tie down not settling down
well marriage everywhere else in the world is not seen the way sexist nigerian men see it smiley (note I only said the sexist ones)
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 02, 2013
Princeparix: hey sweet>dont just say all dis because na nairaland u d post am.
To be sincere, marriage is a life sublime, but the main reason we all as human beings(especially Africans)wanna get married is because we all need OFFSPRINGS.
not everyone marries based on ur beliefs...people who grew up in healthy homes with love and support around them know marriage goes beyond having children. U might need to associate yourself with pple who grew up in such homes to understand this

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Princeparix(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2013
mondi_cheeks: not everyone marries based on ur beliefs...people who grew up in healthy homes with love and support around them know marriage goes beyond having children. U might need to associate yourself with pple who grew up in such homes to understand this
lolz! Healthy?
Love is an action-marriage_a process. This action can lead to the process,sustain it but not the sole target of that process. In life; we live by it rules, we die by them. Have u eva tot of getting married witout kids?
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Princeparix(m): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2013
mondi_cheeks: not everyone marries based on ur beliefs...people who grew up in healthy homes with love and support around them know marriage goes beyond having children. U might need to associate yourself with pple who grew up in such homes to understand this
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by True2myself24(f): 11:53am On Apr 02, 2013
Mynd_44: I beleive there is not "appropriate" time jorh. A lady can decide she does not want distractions cos she cannot handle two things at the same time and give them maximum attention. There are people like that. They would rather make something of themselves first than chase some guy around campus

It's not a matter of chasing guys around campus. Its about being opened minded. My older sister is 28 and is doing her medical residency at a very prestigious medical school. When she was in college and working on her medical degree she had many suitors come her way. She ignored many of them, some of which were very nice, and her excuse was that she wasnt ready for a relationship. But now many of those guys have gotten older and are between the ages of 28-33 and are married or engaged to much younger women in their mid twenties. Now I love my sister and want to her to be happy but even now she is still saying she's not ready for a relationship because she's focusing on her career. By the time she's done with residency she'll be 30, and might settle for a much older guy who still cant find a wife. There's no formula for how to live your life but being open minded can take you far.

4 Likes

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by 2legit2qwt: 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
Of course i know your school work is number 1, we can always maintain that on the side **flirty eyes** kiss
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by yuzedo: 1:21pm On Apr 02, 2013
Mr. Left nko? undecided
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by DICKtator: 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
LOOK FOR MR RIGHT at the right time(early) before you become expired and no longer relevant in the market. We guys always check the expiry date of y'all!!!!!
grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
Ok
Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by Watzhup: 1:29pm On Apr 02, 2013
yuzedo: Mr. Left nko? undecided

They play out their fantasies with that one while holding on 'Mr right'.

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by colombiana: 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2013
I think I agree with her cuz better is the woman who has a good career and money than a woman who is actually dependent and to be dependent breeds disrespect and insecurity. A lady with a career and money breeds focused kids while a lady witout breeds lazy and unfocused kids due to much time and love spent with them. Hmmmm pampered spoilt brats. Mtchewww undecided

1 Like

Re: Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School by maclatunji: 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2013
k2039: [size=13pt]I agree.

I hope she watched the program.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt2NvmDiDheNWoiZoOv_wQjoptljvoglVuG0EAcZN1FF7n6oDldA[/img]
[/size]

LMFSO!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Things You Can Do When You Are Losing Trust In Your Relationship / As A Lady, Mention 3 Things Your Man Can Benefit From Dating You? / My Boyfriend bleeps Me To An Extent That I'm About To Go Pay My Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.