Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria (2103 Views)

Establishing A Pharmacy In Nigeria / What Is Required To Open A Pharmacy Store In Nigeria / Opening A Pharmacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria by cjonoc: 3:31am On Apr 02, 2013
Hey im a white british person studying pharmacy in the uk and i have a few nigerian friends who say being a hospital pharmacist is a good idea with the extra benifits bla bla bla. But what.i want to know is how easy is.it nowqdays.to open up a community pharmacy in nigeria? Will people judge me on my skin colour? Also how easy.it to do business in nigeria with problems of electricity and corruption etc
Re: British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 02, 2013
cjonoc: Hey im a white british person studying pharmacy in the uk and i have a few nigerian friends who say being a hospital pharmacist is a good idea with the extra benifits bla bla bla. But what.i want to know is how easy is.it nowqdays.to open up a community pharmacy in nigeria? Will people judge me on my skin colour? Also how easy.it to do business in nigeria with problems of electricity and corruption etc

Its a nice idea that will be rewarding.

1 Like

Re: British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2013
Yes, people will judge you based on your skin colour - this happens everywhere.

Regarding the pharmacy, being white and having studied pharmacy is not enough to succeed. You will need to study the market if you find it attractive, and find a niche where you can compete. Also, there are some pharmaceutical products which are prohibited from being imported, as the government is promoting local production. You will find a full list here: https://www.customs.gov.ng/ProhibitionList/import.php
Re: British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria by ibkn(m): 7:14am On Apr 04, 2013
To go a further than what cutee said: your colour will make things a little bit hard becuase either your local suppliers try †☺ be smart, your customers will expect charity(you said community pharmacy).
Why not set up a drug making company?
Re: British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria by barikay: 8:11am On Apr 04, 2013
U can partner with someone like me that's already into the business
Re: British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria by dominique(f): 3:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
You need to get a trusted ally from the country so that registration to the appropriates boards and procurement of original drugs will be easier. Don't partner with just anybody (like the poster above me). Make sure the person is trustworthy and accountable, all the best.

1 Like

Re: British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
cjonoc: Hey im a white british person studying pharmacy in the uk and i have a few nigerian friends who say being a hospital pharmacist is a good idea with the extra benifits bla bla bla. But what.i want to know is how easy is.it nowqdays.to open up a community pharmacy in nigeria? Will people judge me on my skin colour? Also how easy.it to do business in nigeria with problems of electricity and corruption etc

Its easy as long as you:-
1. Are able to enrol for the conversion programme and pass inorder to be certified to practise Pharmacy in Nigeria.
2. Get a choice location in a densely populated area full of enlightened people.
3. Follow the business models of Health Plus and MedPlus,chain pharmacies run by two reputable female pharmacists.

I wish you success.
Re: British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria by barikay: 4:02pm On Apr 07, 2013
dominique: You need to get a trusted ally from the country so that registration to the appropriates boards and procurement of original drugs will be easier. Don't partner with just anybody (like the poster above me). Make sure the person is trustworthy and accountable, all the best.
do u knw me? He should partner with u? Learn some manners
Re: British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria by SHEAU(m): 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2013
u need a reliable partner in this regard otherwise ur begining ll b learning period of controllable‏ ‏‎ factors. cheers¿
Re: British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria by dominique(f): 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2013
barikay: do u knw me?

Exactly so! I don't know you neither does the op. Why should he partner with a complete stranger without testing the water? Is that what you would do?
Re: British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria by cjonoc: 11:27pm On Jun 24, 2013
barikay: do u knw me? He should partner with u? Learn some manners
barikay: do u knw me? He should partner with u? Learn some manners

Obviously im not going to partner up with some randomer from a forum. Im not stupid lol
Thanks guys for your replies. Niaraland blocked me from responding to these posts for a while for some reason angry
Re: British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria by cjonoc: 11:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
aieromon:

Its easy as long as you:-
1. Are able to enrol for the conversion programme and pass inorder to be certified to practise Pharmacy in Nigeria.
2. Get a choice location in a densely populated area full of enlightened people.
3. Follow the business models of Health Plus and MedPlus,chain pharmacies run by two reputable female pharmacists.

I wish you success.

What do you mean in an enlightened area? You mean rich areas?
Re: British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
cjonoc:

What do you mean in an enlightened area? You mean rich areas?

I meant an area where 90% of your clients are educated enough to know the benefits of your professional touch.

Thanks.
Re: British guy opening a pharmacy In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
first, you re not a briton
Second, you re faraway from british territory or anywhere within isle of man
Third, you re quack, with no knowledge about Nigeria.
Fourth, my niece have a pepper soup joint@shepherd bush, so if you want knowldge about our country we have high commission office, consulates allover britain including scotland.Seek outlook these offices or visit, shepherd bush, Soho, Piccadilly, Grosvernor precinct and grab some bones of lesson.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Secrets Of Wealth?? / What u need to know about Telecomm. Mast / Why Is Salesforce The Best CRM Platform For All Businesses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.