Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,764 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well (16782 Views)

Nembe Youths Shut Down OML29 Oil Well Located In Nembe - Bayelsa / Aguleri Is The Ancestral Home Of The Igbos, Not Nri - Daily Sun, July 15, 2014 / Oil War: Aguleri Warns Enugu, Kogi Govts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Policewoman(f): 8:13pm On Apr 02, 2013
AWKA- NO fewer than seven persons were feared dead and 52 houses burnt when the people of Enugu-Otu Aguleri in Anambra East Local Government Area of Anambra State and Ashonwo/Odeke in Ibaji Local Government Council of Kogi State engaged in a bloody clash over disputed land on their oil –rich borders.

Kogi people have been laying claims to the oil wells in Aguleri –Otu in Anambra State shortly after President Goodluck Jonathan commissioned the Orient Ptetroleum Refinery in Anambra State last year.
A community leader in Enugu-Otu Aguleri, Chief Anekwe Arinze told reporters Monday that the people of Ashonwo/Odeke allegedly invaded their community at about 1:30am when they had all gone to bed.

He said: “We were sleeping when suddenly we started hearing gunshots everywhere and when some of us came out to know what was happening, we saw our houses on fire.

“Our children and women who tried to escape were shot and many were wounded. We heard them saying the land belongs to them and that we cannot take it. That was when we knew it was Kogi people.

“Some of our men who summoned the courage to pursue them could not get them because when they noticed our prompt response, they ran away. Already we have counted seven corpses. They also kidnapped three men.

“But we cannot fold our hands while they kill our people. They must release them to us hale and hearty.”

However, the Transition Committee Chairman of Anambra East Council area, Comrade Chinedu Obidigwe who could not confirm the number of casualties lamented the level of destruction in the community by the people suspected to be from Kogi State, saying that it was unfortunate that they took laws into their hands by not going to court to prove their case.

Obidigwe further urged both communities to exercise restraints and avoid taking the laws into their hands.

Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Emeka Chukwuemeka told Vanguard that he he heard of the clash informally, adding that he did not have the details yet.

It was gathered Tuesday that some soldiers had been deployed to the area to maintain law and order.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/7-feared-dead-52-houses-torched-as-anambra-kogi-communities-fight-over-oil-wells/
Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Desola(f): 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
it is awa oyel now.

Na Yoruba get the oyel!

yeske!
Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Acidosis(m): 8:30pm On Apr 02, 2013
What do you expect when the government agency in charge is sleeping and counting salary every month?

"Government will never respond to any situation without blood shed"

Mere protest and media chaos will solve nothing!

4 Likes

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Policewoman(f): 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2013
MODS, front page plssssssss.....
Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 02, 2013
tongue
Desola: it is awa oyel now.

Na Yoruba get the oyel!

yeske!
So na Yoruba people get Kogi state? I thought Kogi state was in North Central? besides that particular community does not speak Yoruba abi? So how is it Yoruba oyel? someone should please prove me right. tongue

6 Likes

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Tolexander: 8:45pm On Apr 02, 2013
Oyel again!
I think the federal government have to interfere since it is interstate.
But the problem is that they prefer to bother themselves on the the next election and national cake.
Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
Policewoman: MODS, front page plssssssss.....
the frontpage is full i suggest the backpage

1 Like

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Gboliwe: 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by oboy3(m): 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2013
I kukuma trust Aguleri,they first of all warn before they strike
when they start Ohaneze should not put mouth o,abeg

5 Likes

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Revolva(m): 9:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
A shame to my ffellow kinsmen igalas...I am igala and am not happy for what they did.

..look in that border community there have been peace with the ibos and igalas in the border town of odeke and infact you hardly know who is ibo or igala there.

They both share comon ancestry and before colonial borders was created they were all the same .....the igbos speak both dialects some folks speaks igalas and some igalas know how to speak igbo And now look what oil is causing ...am really sad..no please!!! Ooo !!! Igala noo!! Don't do dis....to ur fellow brother aguleri otu..

22 Likes

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by vizboy(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2013
NAIJA PEOPLE WITH OIL
Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by ozodimgba(m): 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2013
cry
RIP to the dead. But north is north this igala people is another branch of boko haram. Very lazy set, when Anambra state was working day and 9t to build the refinery, they were enjoying now the benefit is come they resort to violence. Gov. Idris Wada and Kogi people shall have no peace. Igboman is always a victim even in his home town. This people that are been killed innocently on the daily basis in Nigeria, will bring nothing but nemesis upon this country.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by takedat(m): 9:35pm On Apr 02, 2013
Violence only aggravates the problem and not an effective way to solve problems, but I'll rather wait to read the counter accusation and what the other party has got to say. The journalist who reported this news, Vincent Ujumadu is an Igbo man and this report doesn't look balanced, more of a one-sided report with bias, aimed at driving sympathy the way of the Igbo community. I may be wrong thoughgrin.

11 Likes

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Revolva(m): 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
ozo-dimgba:

Is it oil or people that did the shooting and burning?
Pls don't bring confusion here..I said openly people did it..but in a general term nigerians are their brother killers when oil matters come
Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
when people say that bokoharam is the main problem we have in this country, i laugh at them, our main problem here is we/us!!

4 Likes

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Acidosis(m): 9:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
take dat: Violence only aggravates the problem and not an effective way to solve problems, but I'll rather wait to read the counter accusation and what the other party has got to say. The Op is an Igbo man, he may just be sympathetic to the cause of his people grin.

Very very obvious.
Vincent Ujumadu

The news is incomplete..
One way report...

Where is the ruler/king of the other community? why didn't he (Vincent) get his statement?
Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by ozodimgba(m): 10:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
Acidosis:

Very very obvious.
Vincent Ujumadu

The news is incomplete..
One way report...

Where is the ruler/king of the other community? why didn't he (Vincent) get his statement?

The reaction of the other community and their traditional ruler is the killing, maiming and burning of people's houses in Agulueri Otu. Dont speak like a deluded fellow. Afterall this issue has been on for sometime now. And the federal government ordered the the states involved to respect the status quo pending when the national boundary commision or any competent court prounces otherwise.

1 Like

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Policewoman(f): 10:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
Acidosis:

Very very obvious.
Vincent Ujumadu

The news is incomplete..
One way report...

What nonsense are you people talking about? Wasn't the news from Vanguard, a national newspaper? So wetin come concern Journalist inside? Abi na because say him name na Igbo name?

7 Likes

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Acidosis(m): 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
ozo-dimgba:

The reaction of the other community and their traditional ruler is the killing, maiming and burning of people's houses in Agulueri Otu. Dont speak like a deluded fellow. Afterall this issue has been on for sometime now. And the federal government ordered the the states involved to respect the status quo pending when the national boundary commision or any competent court prounces otherwise.

You're a traditional buffalo...

Kindly quote a sentence from the other community's spokeman/ruler...

I made a logical statement & all you could say is "afterall".

What stops the vanguard editor from visiting the other community??

For your information,
It was gathered yesterdays that some soldiers had been deployed to the area to maintain law and order

Which area were they deplored?
What stops them from arresting the killers?
What stops them from arresting the ruler of the community in Kogi?

1 Like

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Acidosis(m): 10:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
Policewoman: What nonsense are you people talking about? Wasn't the news from Vanguard, a national newspaper? So wetin come concern Journalist inside? Abi na because say him name na Igbo name?

Vanguard na robot abi??

see as your comment resemble your name...
nonsense.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by sbeezy8: 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2013
BIASED PROPAGANDA-

another news reported that 4 who died were from kogi
Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Acidosis(m): 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
sbeezy8: BIASED PROPAGANDA-

another news reported that 4 who died were from kogi

my point exactly.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Desola(f): 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2013
berem: tongue So na Yoruba people get Kogi state? I thought Kogi state was in North Central? besides that particular community does not speak Yoruba abi? So how is it Yoruba oyel? someone should please prove me right. tongue

E no marra na we get the oyel!
Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Pygru: 4:41am On Apr 03, 2013

4 Likes

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Pygru: 4:42am On Apr 03, 2013
take dat: Violence only aggravates the problem and not an effective way to solve problems, but I'll rather wait to read the counter accusation and what the other party has got to say. The journalist who reported this news, Vincent Ujumadu is an Igbo man and it doesn't look balanced, more of a one-sided report, he may just be sympathetic to the cause of his people grin.
correct
Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by seunfly: 6:09am On Apr 03, 2013
I knew this is what it will lead to, when an oilfeild encompases 2 to 3 states and u declare one state failing to recognise the other states involve is an invitation to anachy breed by lack of trust, misinformation and wrong believe. If not 4 the fact that Enugu peaple are gentle, elite and igbo brethren with anambra, same thing would have happen between them.
I blame:
1) Jonathan 4 his decleration without recognising other states involve.
2) I blame the oil company involve 4 failing to clear the air ontime about the oilfeild, oil wells and who owns what etc and when the company came out they did not come plain untill the situation became suspicious.
3) I blame the two governors involve for failing to come and clear the air on it because i know they both know the truth that we don't know but for political popularity or tribal intrest they refuse to come and say what they know.
All i know is that the peaple will be used as pawn and the leader will reap the benefit of the oil living the masses they use as pawn worse than when they don't have the oil.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Revolva(m): 6:31am On Apr 03, 2013
ozo-dimgba:
cry
RIP to the dead. But north is north this igala people is another branch of boko haram. Very lazy set, when Anambra state was working day and 9t to build the refinery, they were enjoying now the benefit is come they resort to violence. Gov. Idris Wada and Kogi people shall have no peace. Igboman is always a victim even in his home town. This people that are been killed innocently on the daily basis in Nigeria, will bring nothing but nemesis upon this country.

what a stupid generalization calling igala people boko haram ...why na..bros..does igala looks like the abki u see in maiduri dat bombs nigeria....pls stop it..ok...do not tag every body boko haram....though its wrong to fight ....thats why i tell you am ashamed...of what they did.. and these were two communities that have never fought before...in history...uns see wetin oil don cause...nigerians...and oil..

4 Likes

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by OneNaira6: 6:35am On Apr 03, 2013
all because of oil. na wa noo. oya una fight now. didn't they already rule the oil to Anambra so why is kogi still desperate to steal this people property. leave their property alone na and go dig una own. haba

as for those calling it a bias article cause they didn't speak on the 4 kogi people killed like other articles well whether or not, they disregarded it, the death of any body be it aguleri, kogi, whoever is a shame. all because of oil.
Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by ozodimgba(m): 8:03am On Apr 03, 2013
[quote author=Acidosis]

You're a traditional buffalo...

Kindly quote a sentence from the other community's spokeman/ruler...

I made a logical statement & all you could say is "afterall".

na ur grandfather in the grave na him be traditional bufallo, i no blame u but na ur papa and mama wey no bring u up very well i go blame. Must u call me names, if u dont know my name @least u know my username. I no be e worrior lik u so dont just get me started.

Action and voice which one is louder, oloodo wey dey think reverse and u think u're logical.

1 Like

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 03, 2013
[quote author=ozo-dimgba][/quote]u lack home training
Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 03, 2013
Kogi youths should have known of Aguleri and Umuleri war prowess before claiming what does not belong to them. North is a barren land and would never yield oil please Yogi people put it in your brain. The oil belongs to Nigeria not even Anagram State, so why fight for it? (2) what are the living and infra structural conditions of states like Rivers,Abia,Cross river,Akwaibom,Edo,Delta,Imo and Ondo with their so called I have oil that should warrant someone to kill because of worth only few greedy politicians and cabals enjoys at the federal level?

1 Like

Re: 7 Feared Dead As Aguleri, Kogi Communities Fight Over Oil Well by fkaz(m): 9:20am On Apr 03, 2013
Jona no dey try @all, why he go just declare anambra oil state when 3 state are involve.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aso Rock Presidential Villa (pictures) / Expect Gains Of Fuel Price Hike In One Month – IPMAN / Fayemi Plotting To Implicate Me, PDP Leaders With Murder - Fayose (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.