Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect (18760 Views)

Police Arrest Lagos, Ogun Bank Robberies’ Coordinator (pictured) / 5 Deadliest Bank Robberies In 2015 (with Photos) / Man Accused Of Withdrawing N45 Million Tells His side Of The Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by Nobody: 5:17am On Apr 03, 2013
My share was only N45.5m – Airport robberies suspect

Lagos State Police Command has arrested members of a gang that allegedly robbed Murtala Muhammed International Airport on March 13, 2013.

The police on Tuesday said the gang was also behind another operation at the same airport in 2012.

One of the suspects, Atoba Adeniyi, who confessed to being part of the two operations, however, said his share was only N45.5m –N45m in the first and N500,000 in the second.

Adeniyi spoke while being paraded alongside six others involved in the robberies at the headquarters of the state command in Ikeja.

The suspects had stormed the airport on March 13 and carted away millions of naira and foreign currencies after killing two police inspectors.

It was learnt that the robbers, Ibikunle John, Atoba Adeniyi, Ibrahim Abdullahi, Kazeem Aderibigbe, Saheed Adekunle, Christian Joshua and Saheed Okunola, stole over $2.5m (N400m) in the 2012 robbery.

Adeniyi, who claimed he only drove those that carried out the recent robbery at the Airport, explained that he had a transport company and other businesses.

He said, “I was involved in the airport robbery in 2012. I am not naturally an armed robber. I used to be a truck driver in Bayelsa State and they (the other robbers) told me they needed my services. It was later I discovered that they wanted to stage a robbery. After the robbery, I was paid N45m.

“I went back to Ibadan in Oyo State, where I built a duplex and started a transport company. I cut all ties with the robbers and even changed my telephone line but they found me and told me that I must come for one last operation. After the second operation that two policemen were killed, I was given N500, 000 because things did not go as planned.”

John, who claimed to be a pastor, said he only prayed for the suspects and gave them spiritual items to aid them in their operations.

He said he only met the suspects in February and had tried to dissociate himself from them but they threatened to kill him if he did not play along.

The suspect said, “I met them through a friend, Paul, who brought them for prayers at my church, the Way of Joy in Egbe, Lagos. Later, they confessed that they were robbers and threatened to kill me if I exposed them. I made them to swear an oath of secrecy and also gave them some spiritual backing.

“I never followed them to any robbery because I still have a congregation that needs me.”

Abdullahi, who is a labourer at the airport, said he was not an active member of the gang but only an informant.

Abdullahi, an indigene of Plateau State, said he usually helped people to carry luggage at the airport.

He said, “I never followed them to any operation. I only told them how they could steal money from some people at the airport that carry large amounts of cash. After the robbery in 2012, they paid me N1.5m for my cooperation.

“I collected it because the amount of money I was making from pushing around trolleys was too little. Imagine, I was earning between N700 and N1000 per day. It was just too little.”

The Commissioner of Police for the state police command, Umar Manko, said the suspects had been linked to a series of robberies in the South-West.

Manko said three vehicles and some rounds of ammunition were recovered from them.

He said, “During last month’s robbery, two policemen were killed. However, one of the robbers, later identified as Teslim Okunola, was also killed. From the corpse, we were able to gather information which led to the arrest of the other suspects.

“We recovered from them, five AK-47 rifles, four dynamites, 64 AK 47 magazines fully loaded, two local pistols, two masks and many charms.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro/my-share-was-only-n45-5m-airport-robberies-suspect/

4 Likes

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by frederal(m): 5:53am On Apr 03, 2013
400 million from robbery? 45 million as share! I no do again; instead i leave d country

9 Likes

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by nig2change: 6:23am On Apr 03, 2013
Everyday, I keep wondering that without an effective database our police still succeeds. I think our detectives are doing great if not bad eggs amongst them.

27 Likes

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by gunuvi(m): 6:45am On Apr 03, 2013
How can I be putting 'only' after my small change in the bank and a useless armed robber too come dey put 'only' after a whole 45m?
Shey 45m na 'only'? God punish am.

10 Likes

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by CharlesShaw(m): 7:05am On Apr 03, 2013
Too smart 2 cart the dough but neva too smart 2 lay low. That'sPreetyLargeChunk of Dough i must tell u.
N45M Only? Hehehe wondergracious.

1 Like

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by splashbaby(m): 7:07am On Apr 03, 2013
frederal: 400 million from robbery? 45 million as share! I no do again; instead i leave d country
Easy my brother...some children may be reading your comments which I considered NTBB...haba you harsh ooo you no even condemn the action but na the sharing and use of money concern you...nawa ooo

5 Likes

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by taharqa: 7:11am On Apr 03, 2013
Good Job, Detectives; really very Good Job in deed...
Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by Tigerhead: 7:13am On Apr 03, 2013
Hmmmmm, these names sound like they are from the south east? Maybe Anambra or Imo states? Whichever , thumbs up for the olopa's. Those guys need to be taken off the streets. Watched them being paraded, some of them were even crying.

2 Likes

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by Noiseless2: 7:17am On Apr 03, 2013
Where has RIHNO.5DM been for longtime?
Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by mike404(m): 7:30am On Apr 03, 2013
Tigerhead: Hmmmmm, these names sound like they are from the south east? Maybe Anambra or Imo states? Whichever , thumbs up for the olopa's. Those guys need to be taken off the streets. Watched them being paraded, some of them were even crying.
I hope ya not trying to cause confusion here
Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by eastOFwest(m): 8:11am On Apr 03, 2013
Where are Eko_ile, Dudu Negro and co when you need them?

This thread needs some razor sharp incisive contributions?
Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by Myself2(m): 8:21am On Apr 03, 2013
Guseh: 

“The armed robbers involved in the airport robbery of February 2012, where N600 million was robbed and the March 13, 2013 MMIA robbery include Teslim Okunola now late, Kazeem Aderibigbe (the middle man that linked the armed robbers with the informant), Ibrahim Abdullai (main informant), Emmanuel Ehianeta (who earlier met his waterloo in the hands of operatives of SARS, during a gun battle in October 2012,during which12 AK 47 rifles , one Pump action magazine and several ammunition were recovered) ; Christian Joshua (from whom one Fiat Space bus with registration number AKD 791 BD, modified to carry rifles was recovered); Saheed Adekunle , Fasasi Jamiu, Ifeanyi Douglas(still at large) Felix Sunday (still at large) Asiwaju (still at large) and Shina Aremu a.ka. China (still at large)”.

During interaction with Crime Alert, the suspects said the policemen were shot dead out of frustration, over their inability to get their target. The robbers as gathered, missed their target that fateful day as they were held up in traffic. They regretted that but for the traffic they would have realised about N1 Billion from the foiled operation.

I got N45 Million—Atoba Adeniyi
Another suspect who identified himself as Atoba Adeniyi , 32, gave a vivid explanation on how the gang carried out the March 13, 2013 attack at the International airport. Although he claimed not to have fired a shot during the attack, he revealed however,that his role was to monitor the road right from Ijebu-Ode to the International airport and briefed his gang on where policemen were stationed. He further disclosed how the gang also struck last year at the same airport, where they carted away the sum of N600 Million.

Hear him, “ I joined the gang last year. Before then, I was in Bayelsa. I was tricked by one of them to come and join them in a crude oil business and I came,only to realise late that it was robbery. My role in last year’s operation was to drive but I did not shoot. We were successful and at the end, I got N45 Million as my share. I used the money to buy a tanker, three vehicles, out of which I used as taxi. But I was duped of N10 million in the process.

arrange a meeting between I and his school mate whom he identified as Asiwaju. We met in a hotel around Ikeja,where he (Asiwaju) assured us he was going to organize his gang to do the job. Few weeks later, Kazeem called to say Asiwaju had been able to get a five -man- robbery gang to do the job and that all they wanted was to meet with me, to confirm if the money was there.

The people moving the money out of the country do that every Wednesday. So, I invited members of the gang to come see for themselves. On the day they came, they pretended to be working with me. The following Wednesday( in February), I and Kazeem didn’t go close to the airport, we were in a bar drinking and waiting for the gang to call us. By 11 pm I got news of therobbery at the airport and I called Kazeem and informed him. We called Asiwaju and his gang members to get an update but all their lines were switched off. I became worried and thought Kazeem might have conspired with his friends to make away with the money.

But on Saturday of that week, I received a call from Asiwaju who said we (Kazeem and I) should come to Ijebu-Ode to get our money. We went and were handed two nylon bags containing N1.5m each. But I rejected mine because I knew the money robbed was much and felt my share ought to be more because I brought the job.. I was even about fighting with him when Kazeem held me back and whispered to me that Asiwaju was a dangerous man. Asiwaju later explained to me that the man who brought the guns they used for the job hijacked all the money and gave them peanut to share. He also said that the money he gave us was out of his own share. Out of the amount, I bought a car and opened a phone accessories shop at Computer Village.

I didn’t speak with them again until March this year when I heard of another robbery at the airport. I called Asiwaju and he said they did the job but that it wasn’t successful. He told me that before they got to the airport that the money had been moved from the parking lot into the departure hall in the airport and that they couldn’t get into the place. He promised to see me when he comes to Lagos.

How I was arrested
But last week, I was in my house resting,when the police came and apprehended me. When I was brought to SARS and was interrogated alongside other members, I realized I and Kazeem were short changed. Atoba, one of Asiwaju’s gang members told me that Asiwaju was given N90 million but he gave us only N3million. I’m not angry that I was arrested but I feel terribly bad that someone could cheat me in that manner.”

We killed the policemen because we missed our target
For Christain Joshua, he has this to say: “I and Saheed Adekunle, were the first to be at the airport. Our boss Teslim Okunola, also known as Esho, who was killed during the operation,instructed us to stay at the airport and monitor the movement of the cash before their arrival. We did but unfortunate, Esho, Asiwaju, and K-money who were supposed to storm the airport with the arms were held up in traffic and before they got to the airport, the money had been moved from the parking lot to the airport.
Asiwaju who owns the rifles got N3million while six of us got N550,000, each. I used part of my share to clear off some of my debt before I was arrested.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/i-made-n45m-from-the-airport-robbery-suspect/

shocked shocked shocked
What is it with all these people called Asiwaju and crime
If they are not armed robbers,they will be drug pushers or robbers of state treasury or very big judiciary bribe-givers.
Na wa o (every pun intended) cool cool

11 Likes

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by idupaul: 8:22am On Apr 03, 2013
Good they should be killed immediately witout trial ... I hate robbers so I don't pity dem

2 Likes

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by strangest(m): 8:25am On Apr 03, 2013
so far so good...no deleted post yet... grin
Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by Annejing: 8:32am On Apr 03, 2013
Nice to meet everyone here~
Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by Tolexander: 8:38am On Apr 03, 2013
The suspect said, “I met them
through a friend, Paul, who
brought them for prayers at my
church, the Way of Joy in Egbe,
Lagos. Later, they confessed
that they were robbers and
threatened to kill me if I
exposed them.
only God knows those that are serving him.
[size=20pt]SHM for the fools[/size]
Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by glowithdan(m): 8:42am On Apr 03, 2013
Tigerhead: Hmmmmm, these names sound like they are from the south east? Maybe Anambra or Imo states? Whichever , thumbs up for the olopa's. Those guys need to be taken off the streets. Watched them being paraded, some of them were even crying.

Yes! They are from Anambra State, and are involved in drug trafficking at the airport!!

Where is that sharp mouthed "Ileke-Idi?" and her tribal warriors?
Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by obowunmi(m): 8:56am On Apr 03, 2013
I hope that they are not parading innocent men. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by Okijajuju1(m): 8:56am On Apr 03, 2013
THANK GOD O!!

Oburu na ndi be' anyi so na ndi fa nwuru na ije'a kita, ndi ilo anyi akaya ju ebea na ko nonsense..

16 Likes

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by alphaconde(m): 8:58am On Apr 03, 2013
For once the eebo people have been vendicated. They r innocent we now know d tifs.

1 Like

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by tpia5: 8:59am On Apr 03, 2013
Thats a lot of money.
Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by BlackPeni5: 9:00am On Apr 03, 2013
John, who claimed to be a pastor, said he only prayed for the suspects and gave them spiritual items to aid them in their operations.

He said he only met the suspects in February and had tried to dissociate himself from them but they threatened to kill him if he did not play along.

The suspect said, “I met them through a friend, Paul, who brought them for prayers at my church, the Way of Joy in Egbe, Lagos. Later, they confessed that they were robbers and threatened to kill me if I exposed them. I made them to swear an oath of secrecy and also gave them some spiritual backing.
This is my favourite section of the article. Praying to God for the success of criminals but doesn't want to die.
Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by Spycom(m): 9:01am On Apr 03, 2013
Even among armed robbers, there are pastors? I'm surprised why our Airports don't have CCTV installed on every facet of the complex. Security in airports is extremely crucial
Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by nosike3(m): 9:01am On Apr 03, 2013
wetin concern south east with a name like saheed and abdulahi...Dude don't let your ignorance be so noticeable..It's embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by jethrojet(m): 9:01am On Apr 03, 2013
idupaul: Good they should be killed immediately witout trial ... I hate robbers so I don't pity dem
shut up jor . Na people like u dem pickin de become robbers.. Goat!
Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 03, 2013
Did he say Only?

shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by KingPradas(m): 9:02am On Apr 03, 2013
after he shares some with the police,his case is closed.
Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by chiboy11(m): 9:02am On Apr 03, 2013
He got 45 milion n stil went back to steal Na wah ooh, dats Naija 4u were everybody s greedy
Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by profchika: 9:03am On Apr 03, 2013
Only N45.5m. Can u imagine. Dis is ridiculous
Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by 32D: 9:03am On Apr 03, 2013
Okija_juju: THANK GOD O!!

Oburu na ndi be' anyi so na ndi fa nwuru na ije'a kita, ndi ilo anyi akaya ju ebea na ko nonsense..
kin ni eleyi n so bayi

7 Likes

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by Dygeasy(m): 9:04am On Apr 03, 2013
The police caught robbery suspects right?

"I am just a driver" says one of them.

"I am a man of God" says another.

"I am just an informant" says another.

Seriously? Where are the gang leader, sharp shooter, chief thief, gun handler? Where are they?

Really good Job by the NPF!

4 Likes

Re: My Share Was Only N45.5M - MMA Robberies Suspect by blackbeau1(f): 9:04am On Apr 03, 2013
Ok.maybe I should start thinking of changing my carreer. Imagine making 45.5m in just one robbery.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DELSU Lecturer Escapes From Kidnapper's Den In Delta, Reunites With Family. PIC / Bandits Abduct 10 ABSU Students Along Uturu/Isuikwuato Road / Detectives Arrest Nigerian With Six Fake UN Passports In Pakistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.