Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips (91451 Views)

Ican Past Question And Answer - Download / Common Interview Questions And What They Mean / Job Interview Questions And Excellent Sample Responses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Donlexino(m): 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2013
Gud job,thanx 4 dis wonderful piece.
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by mosesohu: 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2013
Nice one Jarus, thanks for this post
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by seunpinky(m): 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
Thumbs up 2 u sir, this is d best piece av read on nairaland..rili aprc8 u shared dis useful tips.. Pls more of this on nairaland..
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Iaz93: 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
Nice one. This write-up would help alot.
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by siddiq202(m): 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2013
MzFancy: Yea I second u on dat,very very boring writeup.some pple can lyk to show demselves,D guy wnt make we knw sey he be big shot.Go sleep,empty barrel

I changed my mind after checking your profile.

The write-up is cool. Jarus is not one of us that are faceless on this forum perhaps you are not aware because you joined Nairaland not too long. I'm sure you have gained something from his piece wink

6 Likes

Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Iaz93: 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2013
This is what we need, and not useless pictures of Cossy Orjiakor and co.

1 Like

Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Thankgodiyke(m): 5:46pm On Apr 03, 2013
@ OP thank 'u' 4 this write up is very educating, informative,conscise and will always remain timely..Good work!
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by kobikwelu(m): 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2013
Look guys, it depends on the job....
If its a technical job, most often than not, generic useless questions like, "tell me your strengths, your weaknesses" yada yada yada... are never even broached...

In the IT fields (6-10 years experience)....you get asked questions based on your CV in relation to the job description.

Most starters are like
"Tell me about your experience and past projects..."

and then from there, the recruiters proceed to fire serious minded questions....
The assumption is made that if you are good enough to work .....they expect all those skills to come with the package...

As for entry level (0-3 years)...they mostly still skip the useless skills and strenghts questions...

they prefer to test you by giving you some kind of simple scenario to test your basic troubleshooting skills and how you react under pressure...in addition to adding some basic knowledge questions in your choosen career path and some trick questions. In this interview, they want to see potential.....

This is my experience from recruiters in the US, maybe the Nigerian system offers something else

4 Likes

Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by sunmibola1: 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2013
Great write up....#thumbs up!
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by moneyhungry(m): 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
jarus abeg enter any bar and order for 16 bags of pure water.... i go send d money to MY account.
u 2much.

1 Like

Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by jammani(m): 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
You killed it jarus... Link sent tu ma frnds already.... Awa kwarans toh gbayi. Olennu daku

3 Likes

Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by leTrizzle: 6:26pm On Apr 03, 2013
Nice write up,i pick a few useful tips.Thanx.
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Temismith(f): 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2013
God bless u my brother! Dis is very handy! Bookmarked + saved+ following.
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Temismith(f): 6:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
Dis is d best info i have come across on nairaland. Every line of it taught me alot. Thanks omo ilu mi. God bless u real good!

1 Like

Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by phillip4re: 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2013
Came at a right time.Planning to attend an interview next week wednesday
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by begwong: 6:45pm On Apr 03, 2013
bookmarked,will come back here someday to share my success story!
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Nwogbe: 6:52pm On Apr 03, 2013
Wonderful write-up. It came just at d right time. Tanx a million.
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by igbanbajo(m): 7:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by k2039: 7:31pm On Apr 03, 2013
Abbey2sam: Y[b]ou could have made it short nah........[/b]
[size=13pt]The thread would have lost it quality and essence if it was any shorter.

@ Jarus, Thumbs up.[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLjN6O2tX-Ep6kYM_ewXsOfhnZosofme7fPLqu6KkM1uPRmnFb[/img]
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by siddiq202(m): 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2013
^Madam take it easy with her abeg
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Abbey2sam(m): 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
siddiq202: Nice write up smiley

Your blog will go places wink
And who told you its not copy and paste??
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Ocutegan(m): 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2013
Best info I've come across on nairaland. Copied and pasted, it'll come in hand very soon. God bless you sir.
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by duality(m): 9:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
Jarus:

6, What are your weaknesses? I remember an interview I did with an investment institution in late 2006, my first interview experience, just few weeks after finishing university. I had read a lot about interviews (that was basically what I spent the most of my final year doing) and known that you don’t say you don’t have any weakness. My response to that question was:

“Hmmnnn, a couple of people have told me I can be impatient while working with a team, especially with slow members. When two, three people say something, they may not wrong. So I think this is a weakness I am working on. In actual fact, the desire to achieve a team goal drives my impatience as I hate failure. But I have come to realize individual differences, especially in pace, and I’m beginning to adjust.”

Having read the above, I remembered reading this one below.

Making a So-Called Weakness Seem Positive
Interviewers frequently ask candidates, "What are your weaknesses?" Conventional interview wisdom dictates that you highlight a weakness like "I'm a perfectionist," and turn it into a positive. Interviewers are not impressed, because they've probably heard the same answer a hundred times. If you are asked this question, highlight a skill that you wish to improve upon and describe what you are doing to enhance your skill in this area. Interviewers don't care what your weaknesses are. They want to see how you handle the question and what your answer indicates about you.

now what do you think

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army / What My Younger Brother Did With Car Tires (Photos) / Nigerian Police Salary Structure – How NPF Pay Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.